• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Fairy Tale Retellings

Rainelle

Love and luck be upon ye
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Hello! I'm looking for a partner to possibly rp a retelling of a fairytale with me! I have been ghosted a lot on here so please message me if you're in for the long haul! Here are the fairytales and the twists to put on them that I'm thinking of. As always, I'm up for any and all ideas/suggestions!

East of the Sun and West of the Moon: This classic Scandinavian tale is a mix between Beauty and The Beast and the greek myth Eros and Psyche.
The twist
  • Make it gay: fxf or mxm! Always happy to accept trans characters, as well
  • Make it modern: move the setting to modern day, the internet, starbucks, and magic
  • Role reversal: Have the princess be the beast and the hero a man who must save her
Bluebeard's Bride: A woman from a poor family is coerced into marrying the strange, rich man who owns the castle above her village. She lives under his tyranny until she discovers that he kills his wives once they bore him. She kills him instead and inherits his fortune.
The twist
  • Make it gay
  • Make it modern: For this, bluebeard would probably be the head of the mob or smth
  • Bluebeard is actually under a curse, and the protag frees him before he has to kill them
  • Partners in crime: The protag becomes corrupted by Bluebeard and they are villains together
A Thousand and One Nights: The classic arabian nights tale; a girl is forced to become to bride of a cruel king, and to stay a live each night she must tell him a story with an ending so profound that he keeps her one more day just to hear it. She discovers that her words have magic, but falls in love with the king. She must choose to either love him or slay him to free her people.
The twist​
  • Make it gay
  • Make it modern: Probably would keep the king as a monarch or prime minister
  • Role reversal
  • The Spinster: The king's own son seeks out a way to destroy his father, and hears of a woman with powers to do just that
~~~
There you guys have it!! Don't be afraid to hit me up for questions about the original tales or just questions in general. I can't wait to start writing with you!
~~~
EDIT! I'm putting this search on hold for now.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back