• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Fairy Tail: Legacy of the Twilight Prophet

Eias slept soundly despite her terrible fall just before the door. It was strange in her dreams. It felt empty for a while as her magic started coming back to her. Even her dreams were tired at this point. She still managed to dream up a few songs for herself in the spare time while she waited. She didn't feel like it was lucid dreaming, she was just able to acknowledge that she was. She didn't want much control over the dreams right now. As day broke, her dreams faded. She closed her eyes even tighter as the rays of sun hit her face. Only now did she feel the impact of her fall. A massive headache from both overdoing her magic and the small trip. She didn't even want to place a hand on her forehead. It would only make it hurt worse at the moment. She did notice the warm, damp cloth on it though. Surly without that, she would have been in a worse mood. She guided her thumb over the item in her hand. At first she didn't notice anything off in her dazed mind but the mood turned sour. She clutched the glove and felt how it wasn't hard or metallic like her flute was. Her heart thumped hard as anxiety started to set it. Prying one eye open, she started darting her sight around. She knew she was in a room, but that didn't matter. After a few seconds of distraught, she managed to lay her eye on the flute sitting on a bed side stand. A sigh of relief came out as she was able to close it once again. 

"I feel awful." she stated in a groaning wimpier. "Least I am warm... thanks." She said opening her eye again, fixated on Selene. 

Selene nodded.

"Your fall was more unfortunate than it seemed. I found some couple of injured spots on your body you have not yet tended to." she said with a monotonous voice "Though I suspect some of those are actually from previous ventures and not the result of your trip now. I am no doctor, nor do I know how to treat wounds properly without power transfer."

She looked at her, her stoic face not betraying any emotions.

"And no, I have not tried kissing you to lend you my power. I know how you against such things. I will not desecrate the image of your lover just for this. Instead, I have dug up some recipe I have learnt a long time ago: this tea will help you numb the pain in your mind and fill you with power temporarily. It should be a solution for now until you become powerful enough to regenerate on your own."

Selene was now obviously keeping her distance, both in words and in place. She did bring the cup of magical tea over to Eias and did change the wet clothes on her forehead to make her feel more comfortable but that was it, pretty much. No longer did she poke at her and no longer did she make fun about love and seduction. It could have been her mood-swings she had so often but that was only partially the truth. Memories surged from her mind, memories which urged her to behave. She remembered her youth how she was trained, always having difficulties with keeping her emotions in check. The captain - though wise and understanding - had to use more severe methods for the girl to reign in her unchained feelings: she would learn her place and learned to respect authority as well. This allowed her to work with different schematics in her mind: those she considered equals would be a friendly bunch, treated with respect but closeness and coyness as well. Those she thought - or knew - that were above her, however in either rank or power level... she kept her natural distance... and her manners.

"You may rest now as long as you wish. We are not in a hurry." she said solemnly "I contacted Gruff and he said that your friend is in a better shape, her little companion already up and running around the house. If my calculations are correct she should recover soon enough and once the mission is over you will be able to be reunited with her."

She paused for a moment, staring at Eias quietly before she turned her gaze away, standing up, walking in the room up and down.

"My information was correct: today and tomorrow evening there will be a party held in the palace, exclusively for nobles. Though pulling some strings I was able to get us entry so getting in will be the least of our worry. I assume your plan is to find the one who sent you to our hideout to investigate to report back and then to mingle at the party to get some information... some say that there will even be a Chess Event held next week but I reckon that is nothing more than some phony news spreading around - there hadn't been such an event in quite a long time here, I doubt they will introduce it right now. But if there is... information gathering is all the more important."

She stopped in the room, standing in a disciplined, militaristic manner as she stared at the girl in the bed.

"If you can not recover until tonight that is no issue, I will smuggle some extra medicine into the city if need be, time is on our side. However, attending at least one of the evening parties is of paramount importance and I confess I would take part on both if I had the chance. Knowing, though, that your preferred partner is ill we have various options: attending both parties to gain as much info and influence as possible together, attend only one of the parties and hoping for the best... or the final one - no doubt your most preferred one - is to go on the first with me, trace back to the hideout and go with your loved one next to make you feel more comfortable."

Her words, though not spiteful and generally lacking emotion, clearly indicated that she understood the discomfort and the contempt Eias felt to go out with her like this in public. Whilst before the girl was eager to play along like this she now offered solutions trying to eliminate this feeling from the Muse. With a stoic turn she faced Eias.

"We will go with whichever plan you fancy the most but I would advise you to decide it quickly for I have to arrange things to go along with these." she nodded "Is there anything else you need right now? Something you urgently desire that I may be able to get, Lady Muse?"

Eias wasn't sure what was going on with the girl. She seemed to be acting much stranger than normal. She clutched the edge of the blankets at what could have caused it. She paid no mind to the power transfer comment. That was the least of her worries, though she did appreciate the girl not doing such in her slumber. She lifted her head a little to take a look around the room now with both eyes. The sweet aroma of tea hitting her as she did made her thirsty beyond belief. When was the last time she had drank something? She reached for it weakly and started sipping it as she listened to Selene spout words of parties and such. She was right, Eias should look for the one that had made the master plan of sending them to the trap. When she heard of the chess game, she stiffened a little. She knew who would be there if the party was that extravagant. Still, she would have to do it at some point or another. The last thing that ticked her off to Selene's strangeness was the 'lady muse' title. There was something ringing to it. Like it was said carefully, without fault. 

"I don't urgently need something, the tea will do, thank you." she said, looking down at the liquid. 

"... Selene?.. Did I do something? Like, hurt you in some way? Cus, well, you're acting a bit different. I may have been a little harsh with turning you down, and I apologize." She said worried. If it was all because of her muse power that made Selene change, then one of her other worries was starting to come about. 

Selene did not immediately answer. Her eyes scouted the emotions and the expression of Eias as she watched the girl sipping the tea slowly and carefully. She stared at her and as the girl spoke, sprouting apologies and such she shuddered a little bit. Turning away from her to avoid her gaze she folded her arms together.

"I have made a mistake." she said quietly as she closed her eyes in a sigh "I opened up carelessly and approached you like an unprofessional fool who I was taught not to be. Years of rigid training went out of the window at the mere sight of the mesmerizing look of another girl. I do not have a normal glimpse into the mind of normal people who perceive alliances... my accelerated emotional state makes me rather erratic and hard to read, likewise, I have difficulties with reading others in turn. That is why I usually work and spy alone... for if I am with others chances are the things might go... awry."

She shuddered for a moment as suppressed, old memories surged back to her mind. It made Selene uneasy for a moment - but she banished these emotions just as quickly as they came and turned back to Eias. Her eyes - though not watering in tears or such - were reflecting understanding and pain now, her face remaining stoic.

"I respect power and authority, I was brought up to do so to control myself: I know my place and I know when I should obey my betters... I merely confuse this notion with my innate, childish thought of finding friends... finding love... and you were correct. Well, your emotions were correct, more precisely: this is but a mutual, temporary alliance which benefits us both, no longer will I perceive it wrongly as a possibly budding friendship. You aid me and I aid you - that is what we do."

She stepped back to the table, father and father from Eias to sit down and sip a little bit of tea again. The sun's rays now shone down upon them, bathing the two of them in its golden glory as it did so. Selene almost seemed to sparkle in the replicated clothes of Aeris, her long, ebony hair reflected the glorious gaze of the burning star with such beauty that it was hard to look away from its charm. Her soft, young and feminine face mirrored the beauty of a charming, adorable girl, the fusion of these two elements making her look like beauty incarnate, even if for a moment in the sunlight. Yet... all this seemingly perfect image was ruined with the sorrow which permeated Selene... which rendered the blooming rose that she was to wither and die. The soft features of the girl were now stiff, her eyes duller... and her mood serious and cold.

She sipped yet again.

"It is I who should apologize, Lady Muse. I see that you detest your heritage and you yourself pretty much said that you wanted to be yourself. That is indeed the right path to find your goal in life and happiness as well."

Her gloved hand squeezed the holder of the cup.

"If only others would have that opportunity..." she murmured but then put down her tea. She shrugged, took a deep breath and once she composed herself she walked back to Eias.

"I suppose lamentations will lead us nowhere. It is indeed time to focus on the mission so that you could get back to your friend as soon as possible and there is an important detail I have to tell you before you say anything." she said, trying to crack a warm smile but instead a weak grimace came out "As I said earlier various options are ahead of us: I can easily take on the form of your friend once again should you wish us to go to the party tonight... however, if you decide to do so there is something I must tell you."

She sighed. This, originally, was something she was curious about but now... she detested it probably as much as Eias will after hearing the explanation.

"Magic, as you may know, is limited here in Ca-Elum... but emotions can easily invoke it if used by talented wizards. To make the noble parties more spectacular the corsets of the attendants are calibrated in a special way: to activate a mode every hour called 'The Hour of Splendor'. This... traditional act amplifies the emotions spread by the wearer and it triggers..."

She paused. She knew Eias would hate for this.

"It triggers after the pairs... kiss." she finally managed "It spreads the emotion and joy across the whole palace, making everyone celebrate in delight: the more people activate 'The Hour of Splendor' the more joyful the party becomes. This, however, is normally used with tactical accuracy by many clever and witty nobles to pry secrets from one another: a happy person is more happy to communicate, strike bargains and forge alliances. If used properly, the celebration is indeed a place for incredible friendships which will linger long after the party has gone."

She wanted to go on but instead she opted to pause. The emotional roller-coaster and the probability that the Muse would find this tradition outrageous made Selene to already create secondary calculations in her mind... so she just waited Eias to digest what she had heard.

Last edited by a moderator:
Eias took another sip as she heard the small bits of past that Selene shared. Something was bothering her deep down and Eias couldn't help but feel it was her fault. Still, she didn't interrupt. It would be in bad taste at the moment. She honed her ears in on the strange act of the 'hour of Splendor' It was quite strange for such an act to even exist but it was a different area with their own culture. Even though it is put in a bad light from what Selene said, there was room for betterment. It just took the right though process to get it through. What good could come, she wouldn't know till she thought of something. She slouched back on the bed watching the copy cat girl. It seemed she was done for now.

"You know, friendship isn't something you need to give up on. You were just going about it the wrong way. Here, you shared something of your past with me, so I should do the same." She took a moment to collect her thoughts before opening her mouth again. 

"The reason I am so... against an image of Aeris is because I was tricked once by the same method. I was played for a fool. I felt used and deceived. So... That is my reasoning for my hostility earlier. I didn't mean to shut you down on attempting a friendship, It was just.. in the heat of the moment. So, let's start over. If you want that is." She said smiling softly. 

"as for this strange event. I suppose it wouldn't hurt to go. It sounds like it doesn't happen too often so we should take the chance. As for the Hour of Splendor thing, let's play that by ear. I think I can do something similar just with my flute. Though, I would probably need to be preforming for it to be inconspicuous."

Selene remained silent as she watched Eias move and then listening to her. She... was moved by the honesty of the girl and temporarily was unable to properly respond to her in kind. She felt some sort of hidden relief washing over her, a spark of hope caressing her beating heart as she heard the offer of the girl of restarting friendship. Hearing how she was not fond of illusions made her to crack up a little chuckle. Illusion is what she was good at in the first place... the one thing which made her 'special' in her own eyes. To know that now she was together with someone who not only disliked but outright detested deception as a form of power... well, it made her feel even more cautious than usual. Nevertheless, encouraged by the girl, she began speaking silently.

"I... thank you for being honest." she said, almost collapsing on the chair close to her as her legs gave away her balance. Such emotional fluctuations were taxing her slightly, more specifically the illusion enhancing corset made her lose power twice the rate as she normally would. 

"It is... difficult for me to think about your offer. I... never had a friend before. Like... ever. I had alliances, occasional allies and even some companions at my disposal. But... I never could forge anything that is friendship due to... due to..."

She fell silent. The thought that was on her mind was unable to come out as the girl clutched her head. Some sort of strange, magical flare began to envelop her head for a moment before vanishing into thin air... a strange, seemingly binding magic prohibited the girl to discuss the topic further. Sighing in resignation and reluctance she knew she had to change the topic - and Selene now looked up at Eias with the intent of doing so.

"I appreciate your cooperation, Lady Muse. I am sure that with your grace and my knowledge we will both get what we want: me information... and you some insight and well-earned reputation among your fellow nobles. The 'Hour of Splendor' is something we can indeed work around... and now that I have seen your power from first hand I think I know how to avoid... most of the scenes."

She pointed at her flute.

"The magic you possess is a powerful vessel I can work with. This is an art I have studied in secret... nobody, not even Gruff knows about it. I will explain it to you as a sign of my trust... a sign of friendship, I think. In return, I ask you to keep it secret." she paused and concentrated. The binding magic around her head seemed to recede for just a moment.

"I have actually managed to smuggle in various books from all over the Earthrealm to study, many of these reads were useless... but few actually captivated my attention and I decided to try and merge the Ca-Elumian smithing with normal magic. It... worked only half measure and requires maintenance... but it did turn out to be successful, the one criterion being that the 'host' of the magic... " she pointed at the gem of Eias' neck and chest corset as well as on her own " and the inherent spell must be powerful enough to merge. With your Muse abilities I am sure we can succeed: I can replicate a similar loop easily alike to the one you have been briefly trapped in. "

She nodded to herself.

"Indeed, in the party many will use 'The Hour of Splendor' to mesmerize the people around them: not only to extract information but also to gain allies. With our enchantment, however... we can be the stars of the party... and the 'winners' of this famous race... if you are willing to cooperate with me. I know that what I ask of you is rather selfish... but hear me out before you would turn me down."

She folded her arms together.

"The spell will require two phases to be executed here to become effective: the first is the framework and the second is the loop itself. The first part might be the easier one: it would require you to channel your Muse magic - or whatever you call it yourself - into a concentrated area, a small amount is sufficient due to it being so strong. I will create a framework for it with shielding magic created by my emotions and bounds. It will allow the magic to create an artificial 'socket' inside of it, allowing a loop, a moment to be trapped within it so long as the spell holds."

She paused for a moment so that Eias could digest everything.

"The second part is of course a loop itself... and it will possibly be the hardest for you. As you might have guessed, the goal would be to trap a moment of time within the loop where you an I emotionally, with great affection, kiss. I have revealed my foolish attraction to you so my side will have it easy... but you would have to... well..." she scratched her head "Somehow... be able to... pretend that you like me. Like... a warm kiss is needed, full of emotions."

She sighed.

"If the moment is created I will channel it into the spell framework... and if we both mustered enough emotions the spell will hold... and will not only become a charm but will become a powerful warding spell. Storing the created loop within our corsets will not only allow us to conjure up the trapped loop any moment we want without exerting any magical energy but it will also shelter us from other nobles' 'Hour of Splendor' spells, allowing us to remain sane and to negate all their attempts at charming us. That way we will not only be the most rational and witty there... but we will be able to manouver without being lured into a trap."

She stopped once more, her eyes staring at the floor now instead of gazing at Eias. In her mind she already waited rejection and such so she just could not bare to try and look into the eyes of the Muse. She still feared and respected her and that is why she was anxious at any replies she might make. Her gloved hands curled into fists, the more she stared at the clothes of Aeris the more she liked them... though it was indeed troublesome to keep going on like this whilst the corset was on maximum capacity. She shuddered to think how on earth the other girl managed to do it... she remembered her own training as a young girl, fainting constantly as her fragile body was gasping for air... the ruthless efficiency that she was trained with paid off it seemed... for now she was able to breath steadily still... though she did not tell her temporary partner that it was only due to the fact that she managed to store up some extra energy to protect herself.

The deafening silence in the room was interrupted only by her slightly ragged breathing and the chirping birds outside. As she waited for the judgment and the answer... she pondered... and hoped...

Eias smiled warmly as Selene seemed to react nicely to the offer. It wasn't a bad thing to try and make friends. Even if they were a little annoying now and then. Surly she meant well, just a little overboard from time to time. When she noticed the hint of trouble going into the past memories, she thought back to Aeris. Perhaps it was a similar problem that needed to be fixed? At least, to be themselves fully. She let the topic pass though seeing how the girl seemed troubled by it. Another time and place would it be brought back up. She allowed the girl to go into detail about this framework and loop that may help during the party. By the sounds of it, the party itself is a chaotic area full of strange powers. How anyone functions in it is a mystery to her. Still, they would have to do it. The mention of how to go about it was a different story. It was hard enough to do all of this. 

"Well... I think.. I may need a little bit of time to think about it. If that is alright. How fast can it be made? I'm just asking since the party is tonight. I need to know how fast I need to think about this." She said just before drinking the last sip of her tea. She felt her chest warm up with energy, her eyes being more wide than ever. She knew she was full of magic power now, all she had to do was use it. 

Selene nodded. She felt this coming, or at least she anticipated something like this.

"It is no problem, you may take your time." she lied. In truth, the ritual for a complex spellwork like this would have taken almost half a day under normal conditions. Knowing, however, that the situation was far from simple OR normal Selene figured that if she pushed herself to her limits she could do it in half that time... or at least she hope she could. Her face tried to hide her nervousness about this and the time constraints but she could not keep her poker face in this instance.

"I... understand that you do not fancy this at all. And... admittedly, there is another way of doing it."

She sighed. She vowed never to do this again but under current circumstances she could possibly do just that.

"Since we have exchanged breaths one time before your imprint is now burned in my mind. If you could provide me some of your personal magic I could... momentarily replicate all your features to be made out of emotion. A very lifelike hologram if you will. I can do the deed with it if you so desire and your pride and honor would not be besmirched."

She felt the greedy little kid within her crying out for her stupidity. She knew very well what she desired... that amorous feeling... that heavenly splendor they were forced to spend back there... she knew she craved it - but she also knew her partner did not. She did not feel galant or graceful as she pressed these words out of her mouth, though... she just felt this to be just, good for Eias and nothing more. She wanted to show her new ally that she was a capable sorceress and that she could be selfless if she wanted to... even though she knew the price for her actions.

"I do not wish to press you into thinking too fast... there is a lot of time until tonight and..."

She paused. It was as if something had came into her mind which made her think for a moment. Playful, errant thoughts, similar to how quickly did her emotions come and go.

"I guess tonight many of the upper nobles will be there to discuss the current situation. If we are lucky we may be able to catch Lord Latosius as well... who knows, maybe the Duchess will be there as well..."

Her mind wandered all across the space and time right now, she tried not to think about how more and more nervous she was becoming.

"Well, I..." she began, not sure how to formulate her words "I... can leave you alone to think now if you want. I am not sure if my presence bothers you or not... I wish I was a good reader of people but alas..."

She chuckled with a sardonic smile.

"I am but a little pirate with the ability to toy with emotions and with the desire to don costumes." she looked up at Eias "I am sorry... my mind... it is wandering off again. That is how I am... scatterbrain when I am embarrassed."

She needed to look away from Eias. She kept giving in to her emotions... and now she needed to concentrate more than anything.

Eias looked everywhere as she tried to think of what was going on. Her ears perked up when the mention of another way came about. The fact she was capable of some magic like that was just crazy, though, the means to even acquire it were hard in the first place. It was strange though. She couldn't tell if the girl didn't mention it before because she really wanted the kiss, or if something else was behind it. 

"It's fine if you want to stay. I just have to search my own mind and feelings is all. Nothing really outwardly personal to be seen." She said in a slight mumble. She didn't want to hurt Aeris's feelings, but she needed to do these quests. With her out of commission, there was little choice. The second part was Selene's well being. She may have the means of another way but if it put her in danger then she would be stuck in the same boat. With a heavy sigh, she hung her head. 

"For someone so different, you two can be a lot alike. What happens when you do the other method? Don't keep secrets from me. Harming yourself only gets you in more trouble."

Selene shivered just a bit when Eias called her out. She felt that she was being compared to the companion of the muse and whilst that flattered her she found it honoring beyond her dreams. However, soon after Eias had asked her about the second method and what it would bring she began to sweat. She... was embarrassed and did not want to burden her with that.

"It... hehe... it is nothing important, really..." she said, scratching her head "A tiny bit of inconvenience... something that... well... uh..."

She stared at the Muse and peered into her eyes. The clarity and beauty of Eias did compel her to comply finally... if they could keep no secrets in order to keep the mission intact she had to share the dangers then in the end. Or so she assumed. She sighed heavily as she looked at Eias with sadness.

"There is... something actually that might happen. Though it does not concern you, honestly..." she said, frowning "The magic of such magnitude does come with a price... a scar to be more precise, a mental scar- " she paused for a moment, trying to gather her thoughts to explain everything "It is really hard for magic to ACTUALLY represent and substitute real life, as you might imagine. That being said, I have to create a mental nexus within my mind which means that when I create that image in order to fit into the magical framework it has to manifest both in the real world and in my brain in its full power. That much power in turn assails my mind to have the perfect image possible and thus it leaves a mental scar upon me - which means that I will never be able to forget the image I have conjured up, it will forever be imprinted within me. Additionally... you might need to catch me right after I finish it. With the combination of the rapid creation of the spell frame and the mental conjuring of the image... I will pretty much be left without any power."

She paused again.

"It all sounds pretty rough, huh?" she said with a weak smile "But it is fine, honestly... I know that this is the path of least resistance for you and that is what matters. I have a sense of duty and I am willing to make sacrifices to carry out the mission to the best of my abilities. I can see now the unwavering faith you have in your companion... the loyalty you two have... I would not for the world want to break that harmony and the peace of your mind. But now that I am honest with you, I have to confess something else... that you possibly already know."

She nodded.

"Even though it was out of necessity back then you captivated me. My emotions were thrown into a roller-coaster and I feel like I am unable to retain that professional attitude I told you I was hoping to achieve - my heart, my soul and my feelings are in such a limbo, a churning vortex that I do not know how to retain my fullest of control." she sighed at Eias "No... this will not endanger anything, let alone your friend. Nay... the storm is within me and that is why I act like a little child. It is... difficult to grasp this. I thought I knew everything about love, Ca-Elum is a focal point of it, marriage is natural here and kisses and 'I love you's fly on a daily basis. I analyzed behaviour, magic and even the traditions of both nobles and lower-caste people. I prepared for everything, Lady Muse... yet the moment we kissed to help your friend..."

Selene looked away. Blush was now painting her cheeks red, her eyes were gleaming like a little child's. She was... overflowing with emotions just as she said she was, her magical aura - if Eias could sense it - was fluctuating just as the young pirate described.

"Everything, every data, info and preparation I had... it went out of the window. The cold rationale I acted back then to be at service... it melted away the moments our lips touched. So much emotion... so much love... honestly, even back then I knew I had no chance at you... yet that compassion, that overwhelming radiance of serenity, beauty and calmness... all my resolve had to go into parting from the kiss just to save your ally... and ever since that moment..."

She closed her eyes.

"It is unjust to be this selfish, I am very well aware of this, Lady Muse. Especially when you have bonds and ties stronger than anything towards your chosen one. That kiss is a catalyst at the party is but a lucky coincidence... but the more I thought about it the more I am willing to take an alternate route to spare you from the shame and discomfort this mission might cause you. After all... kisses are reserved for the ones one truly cherishes... emotionally, right? My data - at least - was correct in that aspect."

She looked up at Eias solemnly.

"I will try my best to act neutral, my Lady. To not have any affection burst through. I will... shackle my emotions with some spells, I have been... taught how to do it. That way... we could act out the illusion of a couple without fearing that my stupidity intervenes. If... you are fine with it."

Indeed, Selene was incredibly hard on herself - that is how she was brought up. She knew she had untold potential with emotion-enhanced spells... but she also knew she was a volatile bomb in this sense. She wanted to learn how to keep herself in check somehow... but it was damn hard with Eias being this charming for sure.

Eias raised an eyebrow as Selene began trying to shrug the question off. Her eyes didn't stop looking at her for she knew the girl would crack eventually. Like magic, she did rather quickly. Eias felt she needed to keep that look in the back of her mind to use on Aeris when she was acting up as well. A funny thought but it may come in handy some day. She wasn't sure how to feel about the whole concept of this mental scar. Surly there was more backfire than that. A mental image that is to be stuck in her mind may cause her harm mentally. Seeing as how she let loose her emotions once again, breaking the cold heart act, she could tell the girl would go crazy eventually. Unable to forget her yet so much longing... there was no way she could imagine putting the girl through that much torture. 

"I see..." She said in a bit of shock. There wasn't much else she could do in this situation. She cast her gaze down for a few seconds, thinking about how to go about this. A heavy sigh came from her mouth before the sheets of the bed flung over the edge. The legs of Eias whipped over the side and she stood tall before Selene.

"You're explaining this to Aeris eventually." She said before grabbing the chest area of Selene's clothing in a fist and pulling her close for a kiss. 

"I'm not letting you do something like that just for a mission like this... At the end of the day, its just a kiss."

Selene fell silent as she watched Eias pondering on everything she had just said. In the girl's mind there was no doubt about the fact that she was considering every option available despite her passionate - and a little bit childish - speech. The pirate girl did not move, her youthful gaze was resting on the more mature, grown up looking Muse who was now lost in her thoughts, seemingly. Selene had no delusions about quick made friendships and such: she was willing to do everything for the cause one way or another... her will was trained to do things like that every possible moment in her life. Each fiber within her body was trained to serve, to be the best agent and instrument for missions and plans. It was a strange thing she had to deal with: on one hand her unshackled, freely flowing emotions gave her much freedom and power... on the other her iron will and her duty bound mind was all too eager to shackle these unbound elements within her and were yet to temper Selene into the potent weapon she could have been. This conflict gave her greater responsibility... and a rapid maturation process she should not yet have been going through.

The girl's body tensed the moment she watched her gorgeous partner stand up from her bed. No doubt lingered in Selene's mind that Eias was about to unveil her judgment and her choice for the plans... and so the girl had to focus. For a split second she closed her eyes, retracting all the unbound magical energies around her to concentrate within her body and the corset. Her gem flared momentarily as she watched Eias stepping closer to her. Though her heart began palpitating rapidly from the close proximity of the girl Selene merely curled her fingers into a hand-open fist position to conceal her nervousness, her eyes observing the untraceable emotions that were swirling across the face of the Muse. The intense gaze of Eias was something that made her to be unable to avert her eyes from her: the captivating, demanding look in the other girl's orbs were so strong that it made the pirate girl gulp as her partner stepped closer and closer.

The the words came out.

"W-wait... what..." was all the Selene managed as her corset was gripped, pulling the girl dangerously close to Eias. Horror and panic set in her mind as her heart was now pounding so fast that she was unable to process the following steps which came. The iron-strong will once again began to crack, the warm feelings and magical energies flowing freely in the room. Selene tried to rein them in in few futile attempts but her mind was too jumbled to catch each and every one of them. For both of them it was evident that the room was now enveloped with a warm, happy feeling which radiated from the depths of Selene's heart, excitement and joy being so abundant that she could barely contain it behind her stoic, afraid mask of expression.

"L-Lady... Eias..." she whispered once more as Eias pulled her even closer. The corset of Selene now flared up with incredible potency, the gem literally vibrating with a purple-pink glow, signifying the abundance of emotions that the girl struggled to keep controlled. "T-the frame... of the spell... it is not yet complete... I... I..."

For a moment all reason blacked out for her. Her inner, greedy instincts blinded Selene from the boundaries of the outer world. Magic flowed through her veins with such intensity that it made her mind numb. She was here... with her new-found partner, standing so dangerously close that a kiss was but an inch away. She could have lunged forward, knowing all too well that this kiss was something that was only for pleasure. The spellwork to contain such energies was not yet constructed... this could have been the chance for her to steal the happy moment for herself.

Selene began to sweat a bit. Her innate desire for happiness, her girlish, childish dreams of having a happy family finally began to come to light. Her deepest desires, her long buried and treasured feelings of loving and being loved were but an inch away. Her gloved hands began to tremble as she needed to restrain her body for seizing her dreams. It would have been so simple... to do it... to pour all the happy feelings, dreams and hopes into Eias... to envelop the girl with such an abundant happiness that the Muse would have difficulty to distinguish whether it was her own feelings or Selene's. It was but an inch away... she needed only to lean forward a little bit...

Selene closed her eyes...

... and took a deep breath. The incredible magical energies which were flowing freely in the room began to once again recede. They began to flow elegantly and happily back into the flaring gem of Selene's, causing the flow of spells to be reined in once more. The heartbeat - while still relatively fast - was now rhythmic, her dry mouth was finally cooling down... her breathing trying to calm down.

This had to be the Muse's test, Selene thought to herself. This had to be Eias' way of checking the girl's loyalty and friendship... a way of seeing whether greed and selfishness could overthrow her logic and control. She smiled... and she gently caressed the hip of Eias, just to hold her tight a bit. In truth, regaining control took out a lot from the girl and needed few moments to recuperate - but at least her pride remained intact. She was glad to see that her primal cry for love was still something she could restrain.

After mimicking her deep breath to calm down further Selene began to talk, softly and silently since the dryness of her mouth made it hard to utter words.

"I am sorry for the previous display, Lady Muse." she said quietly. She was uncertain how much of her inner crusade was visible but it must have had some signs. "As I managed to bark before... this kiss means the world to me. It would quench my undying hunger for being loved... but it would not help our cause just yet."

She opted to release the hip of Eias to show her fortitude.

"The frame of the spell which would contain the scene is not yet constructed: this moment would vanish in the time without having any meaningful impact on our journey." she nodded graciously "Though it would indeed make me extremely happy I understand that it would not be the similar experience for you."

She calmed down even further. She gracefully nodded, signifying that she would not push her luck.

"Your close proximity gives me respite and comfort, Lady Muse... basking in your glory is something that makes me feel at ease: it both fires me up and calms me down at the same time. Truly... a peculiar phenomenon."

She did not step away from Eias. With the primal, animalistic instincts suppressed she was ready for anything, her mind being in full control now. And just in her moment her eyes flared up... a new direction was began to form in her head, allowing her something else to manifest within her heart. She clutched her chest as she did step a little bit back, watching a tiny fragment of a vision play out before her. She basked in it with wonder... and smiled once more.

"Interesting..." she murmured "Revelations like this rarely occurred to me before... and now here it happened." she turned her head towards Eias with a nod.

"There might be a happy ending for both of us after all, My Lady. I believe... I just discovered a third, alternative way to avoid all the... kissing."

In all honesty, Eias figured the method to this frame making wouldn't be created so soon. It was more so to test the waters of how she felt doing such an act. There wasn't much emotion put into it, that was the hard part. She just needed to familiarize herself with Selene was all. The girl's act was much more intense than she had thought it would. It seemed she was going absolutely mad from what had happened. Eias could see the spark of darkness in her eyes. The moment that she could do something the mess with her... yet, there was no such act. It seemed Eias was with a kind person after all. A person that was kind hearted didn't have to have the purest heart nor have the absence of darkness. They merely had to understand right from wrong and choose the kinder path. That is truly what makes a good person.

"It's quite alright. I am sorry for startling you. It is funny though, I apparently give that feeling off to most people near me once they start talking to me personally." She said with a simple smile. She bent down a little to view what Selene was talking about. A third option.

"What do you mean? What is going on?" She asked quizzically. 

Selene stared at her palm where the strings of magic were intertwined but moments ago. The girl hummed in surprise, not entirely sure about how to process everything just yet... but the more seconds passed the more the idea made sense to her. Yes... her admiration and love towards Eias was still the same, it did not change... it merely molted, formed into something else she had not understood before. It was quite fun actually to think that all her actions misguided her until this point with the girl but... now it seemed to make some semblance of sense. After all... the age gap made it all but obvious when observed from this point.

"I apparently had not realized how many sides and dimensions love has." Selene muttered "It is not a single minded emotion which dwelt within me for the longest time... it has its own way, shape and form... it has its own bond within people, forming different kind of friendships and alliances as it goes. And now... I think I understand."

She turned to Eias.

"You probably have noticed that despite my looks I am... well, relatively young. No wonder that a blooming teenager had not noticed the obvious way to go in this scenario." she touched Eias' hand and smiled "I realized... that I have looked upon you wrongly, I think. I mistook the feeling of love for the need of being loved."

She sighed.

"I... I think..." she nodded "I think it could work... if you could look at me... with motherly love... or better yet, sisterly love."

She paused for a moment, blush pretty heavily permeating her cheeks.

"Well, that might sound silly and it probably is, I think it is better for me to explain it." she let Eias go and stepped a bit back so she could gesticulate "Emotions flow freely with words and most importantly with kisses: they are he ultimate marks of emotion and confession of feelings. They are, after all, the greatest, most effective transmitters of joy, love, fear and other things... but not every kiss has the same power: forced ones - like the one you begrudgingly accepted to do - might carry less emotions than a true one. This other option eluded me for I never had the experience to have one: but the same kiss when a mother kisses her child can invoke the same, if not stronger emotions. Likewise, the caring touch of a sibling can reinvigorate a fading heart."

She pointed at her cheeks or forehead.

"Kissing the cheeks or the top of my head may be just as happy and warm as a normal kiss would be. Me reciprocating whichever you would do could create a double image, images I could merge into an illusion of a kissing scene in the end. That way... I think your honor would remain intact and perhaps I can also find some solitude in that."

Selene fell silent for a moment. She recollected her thoughts about this whole ordeal... they were together for one day and Eias in her eyes went through the period of lover to a benevolent matron in this short period of time. It was... rather weird to think about. Selene, however, was not bothered by too much honestly: her hunger for love was vast and though she reprimanded herself for being so demanding she enjoyed this charade a bit... deep down in her heart, of course.

She folded her arms together, observing Eias from close up.

"I...I have to apologize. So far this is... by far my worst mission... stability-wise." she sighed "I... I need..."

She clutched her head as it felt lighter... weaker. She managed to shamble past Eias to sit down on the girl's bed just in time before she would have lost her balance otherwise. Her body heaved under the strain of the corset... the flare of energies amplified even further by her clothing seemingly fed the gem of her corset, leaving the girl defenseless against its grip momentarily. She panted a bit and looked up at Eias.

"I... I think I should... start to work on the magical frame soon." she gulped, her mouth being dry, the girl looked a bit worn down. Without external energy from someone she did not know whether she would succeed with her spell but she had to try. "You... you need not worry... Just... take a walk outside or... relax... I... I..."

She paused for a bit, catching her breath.

"I will handle this... I think. It is the least I could do to... make up for these silly moments. And I guess during that time... you can decide which method you fancy... or well, which one you dislike the least."

When Selene started explaining herself, Eias felt a tingle of cold run up her spine. She had not really noticed the age of the girl. She seemed to be fairly close to her age but hearing she was a teenager... it made her rather off put by the fact of what she had just done. Yet, it was already done, nothing could be taken back and so she would just have to live with her ignorance of the past. 

"this is.... interesting news." She managed to fumble out of her mouth.

"Though, I do see what you mean for the other methods. Apparently I am the motherly type as people have told me. Though, I know how to be a sister as well. To a large group of siblings to be honest." She watched as Selene started to give out on her stance. Eias tried to catch the girl before she landed on the bed. Eias could see the trouble the girl was going through. All the pain and magic getting trapped within her. 

"You know, it's just me here. If you need to take that off for a little bit, you can." She sat down next to her gently. 

"also, I think I know what I want. I haven't played sister in a long time. I think we should try that." 

Selene looked at Eias as she saw the horror on her face after mentioning her age. She frowned.

"I am almost a young adult though... in few months, in fact." she said with a chuckling voice before her face turned sad "But I do not blame you for not noticing. I... have been put through some... maturation spells in my youth. My body, mind and generally everything but my personality is well developed and indeed I look as old as you do... I just can not act like one fully."

She did not really like to talk about her past... especially because some parts of it were alarming... but a proper explanation needed to happen to Eias: this is why she craved such love acts that much in the first place, her mind urged her to what her soul needed to shackle. The dichotomy, the dilemma she needed to handle made Selene to struggle with her own thoughts for the longest time. But she endured.

She stared at her heaving chest, her booming bosoms which were hard pressed against the fabric of the delicate clothes. She may have been young at the soul... but indeed a fine woman's visage was what she had. And as a full fledged woman she had responsibilities - responsibilities she could not abandon. Thus she took a deep breath (as much as the corset allowed) and pressed on with the magical frame.

"No... that will not be necessary." she panted "If your friend can manage to breathe and walk in this thing then I shall have to survive as well without taking it off. Otherwise the entire cover could be blown..."

She paused for a moment and chuckled.

"Besides... I can not seem to take it off at all. It... is latched to my body, completely gripping me tightly. It seems I made a mistake to just copy it straight away without making any modifications."

If there was one thing Selene was proud about then it was her fortitude and tenacity. She felt the corset crushing her ribs and her lungs, wondering how on earth did Aeris actually manage to linger in those clothes for so long. The girl either had to delight in that pain or her mental fortitude was as strong if not stronger than the pirate's. Or... well, both. In any case, Selene believed that in order to be a worthy partner of Eias she did not only have to restrain her emotions and work perfectly alongside her despite her overflowing love towards her but she felt the urge to imitate Aeris' strength as well. Maybe if she could resemble the crimson eyed girl more and more she could win the favor of the Muse... or so she hoped.

The long minutes have passed painstakingly as the magical frame was being formed. The skin and life was drained from Selene's face as she focused, her pale visage looking rather grim as she pushed on so.

"Your designer sacrificed well being for efficiency..." she managed to chuckle weakly as the magic continued to flow out of her fingertips and partially from her mouth "For the corset to react to emotions... brilliant, actually. This would be so perfect for me to keep me reined in... in all honesty it is quite suffocating... I can barely breathe..."

She coughed, the magic wavering for a moment before she regained her momentum and began casting again. She chuckled.

"Heh, I guess I deserve it. Though I reined in my feelings the corset still senses them. It does not let my lungs go. Quite a funny creation."

Finding her own torment amusing Selene did continue to work on the spell. It was true: her feelings compelled the corset to shut around her ribcage so tightly that the girl knew what will happen soon enough. But, if her calculations were correct, it would not happen before she finished her magical binding so she was fine with it. As she focused on her creation one eye of her wandered to Eias.

"Sister, is it?" she said quietly. Her voice really dying off with every words but she did nod. "All right, I understand, the right choice. Well, it is a good one anyways..." she had to pause to catch her breath "I... feel I have to apologize wholeheartedly to you and to your friend after this. This... emotional roller-coaster we have been through in the past hours..."

She silenced again - both to think... and because her body turned frail. She... wanted to thank Eias for her patience in some way... but words came hard. Instead, she poured her own emotions into the frame for faster construction.

Half an hour was the time which had probably passed since the last word she had uttered though Selene was uncertain. Her very mind grew fumbled... her instinct to touch her hurting sides had to be suppressed in order for the to complete the magical frame... which was night close to completion. She turned to Eias.

"Lady Muse... the frame is nearly done... I must ask you to take up your instrument and prepare." she said, nodding "I will need a warm essence, a lovely melody of love to be cast in a form of a magical torrent, right in the middle of the frame. That... that will contain the magical loop that will come afterwards."

She gritted her teeth.

"You... you might have to act fast. I can maintain the frame but... my lungs..." she gasped "They are... giving up the fight. I... did not expect this much of a strain, my bad, hehe..."

She still managed to grin but also shook her head right after to focus.

"In any case... please prepare for casting the spell. And if it comes to the choice of which one you need to catch when it falls, the frame or me - catch the frame, will you?"

As she said that the final pieces of the mystically conjured artifact were humming in energy. By the time the Muse had reached her musical instrument it would be finished.

Eias didn't know how to respond to the girl. She seemed to be truly sorry for what had happened. Perhaps there was some hope for her yet. She had to agree though, this roller coaster of feelings was rather crazy. She waited in the hotel as Selene began the process of creating whatever she needed to. This "Frame". In the time, Eias took to some regular tea rather than the energizing one from before. The bitter rose tea warmed her core in ways that only a hot drink could. Refreshing and calm was what she needed at the moment. All this talk, of plans and spells, was stressing her out terribly. She had to keep going on though. There wasn't much other choice other than abandon this mission all together. Yet, that wasn't an option. It never would be since Eias never went back on her word.

When Selene spoke up once more, Eias shifted to her direction. She could see the spell frame in full view. There were just a few missing pieces left. When she was told to grab her Flute, eias noticed how ragged the girl had become. She felt guilty knowing she hadn't felt that way for a while. The corset had settled unless strong negative emotions came out. 

"I... I will catch the frame.." She said reaching for her flute. Quickly, she began playing a harmonious melody. She thought about her time traveling, finding her way to Magnolia and meeting her close friend. She treasured ever moment with her, good and bad. The magic infused song grew in power with every note. Soon. every ounce of love would be put forth from the Muse. In the back of her mind, she was creating a little spell however. Every now and then, a bubble would come out and hid. Should Selene fall, Eias would send the bubbles to cushion her. She would uphold her promise and catch the frame. 

Selene made sure her power was in check for the final pieces of the fragmented frame began to fall into place. She panted and coughed but kept the spell together: the frame was humming with magical energies and it began to mold itself together into a perfect, circular object, allowing it to reach its final, solid form. The strange, magical item was now softly glowing with the infused emotions and the middle of it hungrily sought magic - magic that it soon found when Eias began to play her flute.

Though Selene was on the verge of collapse she felt the musical tunes invading her mind... soothing her to an extent. Most of the magic did seep into the frame, allowing its inner substance to consume it without any issues: the swirling, emerald green vortex within the magical item seemed to slowly and steadily solidify as the Muse's power flowed into it. This... delighted the pirate girl... though the lack of oxygen made everything fuzzy and blurry already she felt in heaven at least. The magic on top of her fingertips began to flicker ever so slightly as she was slipping away.

For a moment time seemed to stand still. The moments, the happy thoughts created by Eias brought her back in the past: green pastures, freedom and joy - things she always wanted but fate ordained her not to have. A happy childhood image was contrasted by her slave like labour. A happy family was contrasted by her owner and taskmaster standing above her. Explorations, fun times with friends were contrasted by the image of her being strapped down to a chair, being infused with those maturation spells. Two worlds... so different, so innocent, so impossibly blurring the line between reality and dreams... dreams that kept Selene alive for the longest time. A brief image of a tattered clothed, young child carrying refreshments came into view... gazing longingly at the stars, yearning for freedom... yearning for hope... The little Selene looked so strong even back then... even back then she decided never to give up.

The pirate girl wondered why did all these emotions decided to surge forward. Why did these thoughts seem to race through her mind just now? She... had little answer to all these for she was lost in the angelic melody of Eias... the one person who made the girl, for the first time in her very existence, truly happy...

In the waking world the magic ceased to flow from Selene: she was completely drained dry... and that meant few other things. Firstly, as she predicted, the frame was no longer supported by the girl, leaving it levitating in the air just briefly. It was infused with emerald, life magic, making it fit for capturing that loop in the future but it could not fly. The item trembled in the sky and slowly but steadily began its descent towards the floor.

The second, less obvious thing that Selene lacked now was protection. She WAS strong, but her mental and physical strength was amplified and kept strong by her inherent magical fortitude as well, the two creating a protective barrier around her - but now it was gone... and the emotion hungry corset seemed to sense this. Tightening even further around the chest of Selene the girl felt her legs trembling. A silent, crunching sound was to be heard as Selene coughed up blood. The crimson substance now dripped from her mouth as if it were her drool as the girl managed to look up one last time.

She could only make out the blurry form of Eias as she staggered backwards.

"Your music... is truly... heavenly..."

That was it: her body shut itself down completely. Letting out a futile, empty gasp for some air for the burning lungs Selene could sustain her mental state no longer. Her graceful body began to fall, only to be temporarily caught by the bubbles of Eias. Though they were not strong enough to keep the girl levitating they did guide the limp body to fall softly into the bed where Eias was sleeping previously. The impact - no matter how slow it was - made a little additional blood to tickle forth her mouth. Selene's body was pale almost as marble, her breathing was ragged, weak... and almost pointless. Even in her unconscious state the girl kept fighting... the horrors and nightmares of the past taught her to do it at any cost. Within the mind of the girl a single figure welcomed her in the great abyss. She saw gleaming, beautiful light on one side... and the glorious, happy sight of Eias on the other. She... kept on looking towards the Muse, basking in her glory... but she felt increasing cold creeping over her as well.

Hear heartbeats slowed down drastically. She was... in a very bad shape.

eias kept playing as long as she could. She didn't know how long the frame would need in order to soak up all the magic energy she was putting out. Through her eye lids, she could see the green glob starting to shine. Even in a well lit room like this, it seemed to be mere shadows to the frame. She continued to play till there was no wind left in her lungs. Each note getting quieter and quieter. Then, a horrid noise echoed in the room. This crunch was so fleshy, it made Eais cringe. She opened her eyes to see the girl and frame falling, only catching the glimpse of blood coming from the girl's mouth. Quickly, she reached for the frame that seemed to fall lightly like a feather while she allowed her bubbles to do the same for Selene. Once the frame was in her hands, she placed it down gently as to not harm it. Frantically, she rushed to Selene, only catching little words on the way. 

The girl was in bad shape. Enough so, that she didn't have much time. She wondered.. Could she enter the girls dreams? She had done it before with Aeris, or they shared one at least. Could she save her in this method? Get her feelings under control so that the crushing would stop? 

She sat cross legged on the bedside as she brought the flute up to her mouth once again. She made a lullaby like tune as she placed healing notes into it. Focusing on the girl at hand, she did her best to clear her mind and try to have the gems connect in some manner. something to get her to at least feel the emotions of the girl. 

"If they are so heavenly, then you don't need to go there, you can stay right here." She murmurer between notes. 

Selene was waning for sure. Her body was not moving at all, her chest barely heaving as Eias began to play the music. But just as the girl did play the notes something began to swirl. Her own emotions seemed to wake up, her own innate strength did give her commands over the rules of nature. Almost immediately after her wishes were conducted the two gems flared up with intensity and the scenery began to shift around Eias. The well lit room vanished with everything in it, the clear fabric of the hotel started to turn into a black, abyss like substance as the girl's magic guided her. Once more Eias found herself wandering the strangest, deepest chasms of the human mind: she was now soon be joined in the dreams of Selene.

The arrival into the girl's mind was a journey which was relatively harmless... it was the vision which greeted her there which was something to behold. The mind of Selene looked not like what ordinary people would call a mind free of burdens: indeed, when the girl actually said that she "reined in" her thoughts and emotions she was not kidding. The spectral projection of Selene was levitating in the middle, seemingly feeling disturbed, most likely due to the fact that her body was hurting. From this mental image did some magical lines lead to either behind her or before her: the ones before, the fewer ones were made out of green magical essences and depicted her happy images... behind her were, locked away behind magical barrier her fears, burdens and thoughts: innumerable, uncountable... almost endless...

"How... have you come here?" the echoey voice of Selene's mind asked, fear evident in her speech "This... this place is not for you! You may see things you must not..."

In the waking world Selene whimpered as the corset fed on her fear, tightening even more. In reaction to this the mind projection wavered, letting the prison of her thoughts weaken, several negative emotions escaping from her mind before she could stop them. One of the negative memories was a recent one: its frame was purple, signifying the shame and fear it represented: it showed her looking into the eyes of Eias when she proposed the kiss, the memory being so vibrant that even the pain it represented could be felt in the air permeating Eias and Selene's spirit. But then more came, these being docile. The next one was made out of curiosity and slight fear as they actually met in the house, quickly turning into shame as Selene realized her apparent growing love for Eias. Burdening her, this image also stood as a testament of the lack of self control she had... but then...

"No... not... not those..." the image pleaded but her voice was ignored... the older, darker images appeared in front of Eias. On the pictures was the baby Selene who was presumably found... but instead the memory showed otherwise. Indeed, Selene was found, among a room of freshly massacred people, taken by the pirates as the payment for their services. The image constantly shifted, showing the growing up Selene, walking in chains, whipped, generally being treated as a slave. Her only privilege was to keep her chastity for her new master, Gruff, did not want that treasure to be gone once he could strike a great bargain.

A second picture came, one which had shown the countless auctions where Gruff tried to sell his possession. Selene, now older, was dressed up properly as a pirate, magical enchantments making her look actually even older than what she was, and more beautiful. Every auction though her volatile, raging emotions would ruin everything, resulting in even more whipping at home. Years she was being sold... years she remained at the same place. Contempt was all she got... hope was all she had. The pictures, no matter how dark they were radiated something... a hope within her heart.

And thus came forth one of the last images for now, this time from the few of the positive ones. On this dream like picture Selene was with someone she loved, an undetermined, faceless person, a girl, both of them holding hands. Several crudely fashioned, imagined thoughts flew by: having a family, a kid, overall just being happy together, having some love the little Selene could never have... and then, to this wild image few new pictures did come. These were recent, only being tainted by shame by just a little bit... but they were there. They were the pictures of Selene and Eias touching from up close, Selene's burning wish for a kiss, their walk in the streets... their talk underneath the pale moonlight... All this, though surely be transformed into shame a bit later, were the hope Selene clung to. The spectral version of her did actually start to cry... and in the waking world so did the girl too.

"I... I did not want to see any of this..." the inner vision spoke "It... it is my duty to fight... it is my duty to keep them at bay..." she bowed her head "And yes... I am not a free girl. I... was not only brought up as a pirate... I was kidnapped AND brought up to be a sellable slave... but after that failed... I was taught the art of piracy... to be somewhat useful..."

Negative emotions flared around Selene as she shuddered.

"I... am not worthy to be in your presence, Lady Muse. Your purity... your magic... casts so much happiness over my shadowy past that it illuminated the world for me just a bit. I... I am ashamed... that you... that you needed to witness... any of this..."

Eias walked the path of the dream world for who knows how long before she came to a more open area. somewhere where Selene was hovering in plain sight. As if on queue, images of her memories sprouted forth. Repression wasn't the best for handling these things but she could see there was little to no outlet she could use. She felt sorry for the girl. Sorry that she had to go through so much for no reason other than bad luck. 

"You shouldn't let your past decide your future." She said melodically. "There is still much you can accomplish." She knew she wouldn't be able to give Selene the hopes and dreams she wanted. There was no denying she could find it with someone else however.
"Worthiness isn't something I care for. Who is to say I am worthy to be in your presence? You shouldn't fear opening up for it will be your downfall in the end." She wondered deep down why she couldn't leave Gruff now. Find an escape and make a new life where she could be free. It made no sense to her. 

"Why work so hard for something that brings you pain? There is no need for it. If you wish, I can open a new door for you." She said, waving her hands in an arcing fashion. A mental image of Magnolia appeared overhead of her. 

"A place where you can be free. No judgment, no fear. Even a possible home with a great family!" She said making the image Fairy Tale. 

"I can try to help you achieve it if you want." She said as she stuck her hand out, open palm. It was like she was beckoning the girl to take it. To free her in some regard.

Selene's mental projection hesitantly floated, her feet slowly but steadily closing on the ethereal plane Eias was treading upon, bringing the girl down from the heavens in front of the Muse. She peered into the vision which was made by Eias, warmth and joy radiating from it as she did so. Indeed, that place looked very fun, very elegant... very...

Happy.

It was a strange notion to toy with... joy, as she knew it, was out there but was always somehow out of her reach. Yet the offer of the Muse seemed a very tempting one, a real one in fact. She... did manage to somewhat calm down at a shown future like this... she was glad that theoretically she did have a choice in life... but then, as she closed her eyes she remembered her pact and sighed.

"More than anything, my heart would love something like that... but alas... I believe that future is not so easily attained." she looked at Eias with a sardonic smile "I had to make a pact with Gruff when forging this corset: he would let me go off with you on this last mission and in return he would look after your friend and the little one. However, I would need to surrender my will to him so that he could once again bring me to auctions - no revolts... no emotions, nothing. He will take care of your friend as long as I behave... and serve."

She frowned.

"Though technically I am not a slave that contract is almost as of the elementalist one: I am not summoned by a key, nor am I a spirit but I am bound to him... so long as I am not bought... or won away from him. Until that day comes... I must be at his back and call."

Selene's face was dotted with a smile, though her expression was slightly pained and sad.

"Why am I making such sacrifices for strangers?" she asked Eias, chuckling at the strange question she poised "I do not know myself... perhaps I recognized your happiness, perhaps your pretty nature compelled me to do it... but still, I decided..."

Her gloved hands curled into a fist. Both in the waking world and in the dream one.

"I... I seem to be destined to walk this road, one way or another. Be it a cruel jest of fate or some sort of destiny... I had no choice in my youth, nor do I have any now... or so I believed until I met you. Now... I think that if I follow my path and I do everything in my power even my own fate can change. Until then though... I... am there for my master when he needs me, one way or another I will fulfill his wishes. I was lucky that he granted me this one last adventure... before I would be finally sold."

She cocked her head, staring at Eias.

"Worthiness comes from the heart I think, Lady Eias. You may not see yourself the Muse you are but I already do... I already feel the grace surrounding you. Curious... but somehow a strange ebb and flow of emotions next to you seem to be just a bit easier to control. Perhaps... my own strict methods are not the exclusive ones that I need to use. You see, I always was hard on myself: to survive, to hope and to dream... all these aspects are part of me that led me down this road... and they will always be, no matter what happens. But... that does not mean that change eventually won't come. And when that day happens... I will remember who helped me change"

She stared at the Muse for a little bit, her presence comforting her. In the real word her breathing returned to be just a bit better: the corset slowly but steadily began to loosen, still holding her strictly but it at least started to change and not make her suffocate. And because of this the vivid, fuzzy images within Selene's mind began to animate. They were in her dream... so she could not really hide what she was thinking about, but her astral projection did not say them out loud. Instead, the many dream panels around them switched into one of something hopeful event. Every single one now depicted something... perhaps currently Selene's deepest desires. She was bought on an auction, finally being in the situation where she would be free to act. She was happy, working around a house of the, pouring tea for new family, walking around in the sunshine in Magnolia. And during all this... during this illusion something shone through as well: the radiant smile of Eias was the thing that substituted the sun itself, bathing Selene and her road in hope. Looking up at the images the dream vision of Selene blushed.

" Oh... how embarrassing... Do... do not mind me... I am just daydreaming ... as I usually do." she chuckled.

Eias was shocked to hear the reasoning behind her reluctance to flee to Magnolia. All that sacrifice for something like this. She... really didn't need to do that. 

"I...I didn't realize." She said quietly to herself. She wasn't disheartened though. Just had to focus on some other method. One in clear sight. Something to surprise her if she had the means to do it. 

When the girl seemed to calm down, Eias managed to relax a little. She could feel the emotions stabilizing and allowing the girl breathing room in the real world. When the images and dreams started sprouting, Eias knew her work was done. She could leave knowing the girl would live to see another day without problem internally and externally. 

"Well, those are very powerful thoughts, Selene. Keep holding on to them. One day, I am sure you will find a way to achieve them." She said with a bow. 

"Now, I think I will leave you be. You seem to need some space. I will see you on the other side." She slightly hummed as she started walking back into the void. She would take a small walk before vanishing back into the real world.

Selene smiled and nodded as she watched the vision of Eias drifting away from her mind. She was alone once more, the solitude enveloping her like a shroud, allowing the girl to ponder freely on the thoughts and dreams she had. The moment Eias left the cloud around her hopes and dreams cleared up: it appeared that the girl still managed to conceal some of the truth from her after all. On the slave auction she hoped that it would be the Muse herself who bought her, her time in Magnolia would be with her and her friends... and most importantly the happiness of her life would stem from the fact that the close proximity she had to the girl... at the start anyways. Selene smiled at the visions, nurturing them in her heart as she knew she had a new purpose now. Some way, somehow... she would free herself of her master and his tyranny. And when that day would come... she would flock to the side of the one who made her see her values... and reality itself.

Late afternoon was upon the girls as both of them returned from the ethereal world. The dreamland was so whimsical and so out of space that it allowed accelerating timeflow to be its veil and thus they quickly found themselves... stranded and bereft of the feelings which allowed them to focus on the correct time dliation. Selene's eyes fluttered open slowly and steadily, the pain of mortality was burdening her once more. Her breathing was steady as the corset allowed her to exist once more. Lingering fragments of her magical prowess now coursed through her veins, joining with her mind to create the protective barrier around her body to shelter it from pain.

She tried to move but her entire body revolted against such an idea. Instead, she was capable of tilting her head as the rest of her body rejuvenated and gained some strength back.

"I just had... the strangest dream." she managed to say, smiling "It... was liberating in a sense. I feel... at ease, at least. Strange, really... even you were there..."

She blinked at Eias and sighed with a sad smile.

"I guess that was not a simple dream, now was it?" she asked, her eyes gazing at the flue of the powerful spellcaster "I... did not anticipate that your power was so strong as to travel your consciousness into mine... had I known that you possess such power I would have sheltered my thoughts properly. But now... you saw it, the things I did not wish to disclose."

She closed her eyes and sighed for a moment.

"I have grown out of having massive delusions, Lady Eias." she said, now daring to utter the name of the girl instead of her title "I have not succumbed to my fate yet, not entirely... but I also have vivid dreams only in my mind. This... "free-slavery" is quite common in Ca-Elum, many flock to wealthier individuals to serve them in return for shelter and protection. My story was not such a necessity but the truth of the matter is that many nobles do in fact have some servants or maids to help them out with everyday chores. Some are kinder... some are more cruel than others, about that there is no surprise. The thing is that such... acts like having a maid is legally enforced here and is accepted, even among pirates. That is why... I do not see this entirely as a shackle, I see this but a current state of mind."

She smiled.

"When I was a child I always dreamed about being in a noble family to grow up happily and to play with others. I often deluded myself into such thoughts... but as years went on I... realized that it was not so simple. I had little choice but to obey Gruff and even now I feel obligated to aid him. I feel lucky that I can fuse my magic into the smithing of his people for it gives me an advantage to accompany him on missions like these: I was taught to fight and defend myself in order to be his shield and last line of defense if need be. In return, however, I was able to travel with him and be the "Pirate" he is. So I can not say that my life was all bad and such. Though I still maintain the idea that I would be happier serving another master... or to be free."

Selene sighed.

"Alas... right now we must focus on the task ahead. I have bombarded you unwillingly with my past and my burden as well, something that I do understand that I will need to carry alone. So..." she looked at the frame, humming with magic "I think I will need few more minutes before my body agrees with me to get back to work. Then, we can finish the frame with the time loop and can prepare for the evening."

She looked at the Muse once more.

"My knowledge about such parties is vast since I needed to study the behavior of nobles in order to blend in perfectly, that much I have. If you have any questions about tonight - or otherwise about other things - I can help you out... considering that I can not move just yet." she chuckled.

Eias returned from her literal sleep walking. She opened her eyes and found the area around her silent. Her body had stopped playing music the moment she returned, allowing her to finally breath normally. Her mouth was fairly dry so she quickly gulped down cold tea that had been sitting on the stand for some time. It was afternoon by the looks of it. Something that was a little off putting. Knowing it had just felt like morning not minutes ago. She would keep that thought in the back of her mind the next time she attempts something like it again. 

She looked down at Selene to started to stir in her sleep. Finally, she also opened her eyes, lazily. 

"What matters is you're okay now. Your thoughts are yours and I can not blame you for them. If that is how you feel, then I will not discredit them. Just know I am a friend." She said with a light smirk.

She thought about the party. She hardly knew anything of what was going to transpire. 

"Well... the only thing I know of is the whole kissing thing. Where everyone messes with each other's minds and that is only because you told me. So... really telling me anything is good."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back