• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Fae Academy (Closed)

Diadel couldn't even talk. His chest hurt. Was this what your heart breaking felt like? Not only was Aris looking at him like some stranger... it was his mother who did this to her. To him! "Why do you hate me so much?" He suddenly said. His eyes filling with tears as he quickly looked away from Aris. He couldn't stand to see her eyes like that. So uncaring. It wasn't hatred yet but knowing his moms path... it would be soon enough. "Dammit Aris why did you have to run off!" Diadel growled and sent a fist into the stone pillar beside him just as Emorie started speaking.

What both her and Ferris had to say kind of shocked Diadel. Ferris was usually so calm and Emorie... this was so cocky. This was usually Diadels job! But now it was all he could do to stay human. To get out of here they needed a portal. Which meant they needed Diadel. And wolf Diadel wouldn't be much help in that department.

"Why is Fred so much better than me? She could have been a part of our family without wiping her memory! You could have just let it go mom!" Diadel looked back at the two on the couch, his teeth clenched together. "I just don't get why!

"There's no healing this, Jack. This is permanent damage. That's the only way I was sure that'd I die." She choked out the words as she took the coat from Ellsie. "Thanks..." she gave her a small smile, her face heating as Jack kissed her forehead and continued to dote on her. "Jack..." everything hurt. Her bones and muscles were severely weakened by the poison, her energy pretty much depleted. If she stopped taking the pills she may improve some over time, but the chances for a full recovery? Slim to none, even with her gifted healing. "I just want you by my side. If I do die that's all I want."

She slid the coat on slowly and felt her heart break as Jack went on about the way he died. A tear slid down her cheek as she gently touched his cheek. How could someone kill someone so sweet? "J-Jack, I'm so sorry...." gently she held onto his hand, giving it a small reassuring squeeze. "And don't worry about me, I'll be fine." Jade smiled slightly over at Kai. "If we have to travel again then so be it. Let's just get it over with. So long as I'm not the one opening the portal I'll be fine."

--

Aris furrowed her brows at the people filling the living room. "What's going on?" Her blue eyes scanned everyone before they settled on Diadel. Why did he look so familiar? And why was he so upset? And what's this about Aris running off? Her head suddenly started to pound, her chest tightening painfully. "Ow..." She slid to a sitting position on the couch and held her head in her hands. "Can you all just shut up? You're giving me a migraine. And I didn't run off anywhere, I don't even know who you are. I've been here all day, dude."

Dez growled at Emorie's comment about Hollis and Demitri. "Excuse me? I welcome you into my home, into my family. And this is they way you act? First off your uncle was stronger than I though. And I never used my powers on Demitri. I'm winning him back naturally." She ran her hand through her red hair and glanced out the window at the gathering crowd. "Now that Aris doesn't remember you Emorie. I suppose there isn't a real reason to keep you around. You were pretty strong though. Such a disappointment. And Reds pup over there? I killed one, I'll kill another." A wise smirk formed on her red lips.

"Diadel, honey. If I would have married Demitri then all of those kids would have been mine. Aris, Kai, Jade. They're all on my list. Aris? She was the first one. I've been trying to get her since she was born. She's a pure blooded demon, honey. Do I regret you? Of course not. I just wish you didn't have the dirty wolf blood in you. So you marrying Aris? Come on. That would be weird. It's tradition that my family provides a suitable wife for the royal families. Fred is royal, you are not. See our dilemma here?" She moved to Diadel and cupped his face, smiling down at him. "You have two options here honey, and think very hard about them. Stay here with Aris and I, or be killed with Emorie and Ferris. If you're not on my side then you're in the way. Just think, we can shape Aris into whatever we want. She has too much of Demitri's sassy attitude. What do you say, honey?"

First the comments to Diadel, then the ones to Emorie. Then the bitch brought up the kid she killed. That was probably the final straw. Quickly he transformed into the large, burly sandy blonde haired wolf, his golden eyes narrowing at Dez. They would just try to talk him out of it. But they needed an opportunity to escape. And there was no way they were going to walk out unharmed. Not Ferris and Emorie, and certainly not with Aris.

Quickly he tackled the woman and pinned her to the ground, both paws crushing each of her wrists. He wanted to kill her, but that wasn't his place. Besides, what if she could restore Aris' memory? And she knew where the witch was. She was too valuable. He looked back at Diadel and Emorie and motioned to Aris. He didn't care if she went kicking and screaming, they were getting her.

"For once I agree with Jack, Ellsie. Jade looks like crap, and she'll need to rest." His eyes landed on her as she started to say she would be fine to travel. If she insisted...it would just be a step through a portal. And as long as she didn't open it. "Fine. We'll do it quick. Do you have a picture or something? Describe it at least. I'm still bad at this whole portal thing. I can make them, but I can't place them right if I don't have a solid idea where I'm going." He rubbed the back of his neck before shaking out his shoulders.

He outstretched his hands and closed his eyes to see the mountains. He had never been before, but from the coat Jade was now wearing he assumed it to be cold. Isolated. Suddenly he could see himself in the mountains and could see the faint purple glow of fairy magic from a cabin. "Let's try this..." the white and black portal opened up and made him smile. "It won't land us in the middle of the ocean this time, I promise." With that he held the portal open for everyone. "After you guys."

Ellsie helped explain the cabin, it was hard to do so honestly, every memory of the place was riddled with her mother. Playing games in the living room, walking towards the lift in the blistering cold, coming home and making the most insane amount of food for four people. She tried her best to only explain the physical details and not the feelings... Eventually they figured it out. Just in time too. Suddenly you could hear the sounds of chaos in the distance. Loud bangs and thuds. "Holy shit... Okay come on guys, let's go." Was the school getting attacked again? But why? And anyways wasn't this cabin pretty much immune to the angels...

It wasn't the angels was it? This time it was the demons! The army her sister was a part of! Is that why Emorie knew? What was even going on...

Ellsie quickly stepped through into the cabin and despite whatever was going on, a smile spread across her face. They didn't come here since moving out of the state but they had kept the place in its great condition. The cabin wasn't the most luxurious but it had power and running water. Much more advanced than the one they had just left. There was two bedrooms, the master and one with a bunkbed from the girls. The kitchen and living room were both very modern. The best thing about the cabin though? It was in the middle of a ski hill and had it's own ski lift. That and no one lived around for miles...

"Okay is everyone okay? Through the portal and everything?" Ellsie turned and gave them all a little smile before moving over to the front door and reassuring it was locked before flicking on a few lights and pulling out her cell phone. "Anyone heard from the others? Emorie got a hold of me for a split second but since then it was silence..."

Emorie suddenly lost all of her confidence when Dez began talking. That was pure anger. Pure crazy. Pure terrifying. This woman had no regard for another person, she just saw what she wanted and she took it. "Y-You didn't welcome me into anything! I came with Aris so you couldn't send her friend away. You turned me into something useful and hurt my family in the process!" Dez's comment about Demitri and Red made her blood boil, winning Demitri back? Hah! "Winning him back huh?" Emorie was going to continue but Ferris' transformation stopped her. She should have known this would happen. That pup that Dez killed would have been Ferris' sister... It was no wonder he got upset.

"F-Ferris!" Emorie yelled and quickly moved to the couch, grabbing Aris by the shoulders and pushing her down against the couch. Emorie was faster. They were pretty matched in strength. The downfall would be if Aris started to use her powers. And since she thought Dez was her mother? It was only a matter of seconds before the place got too cold to handle. Dez had hissed at Diadel about choosing and Emorie was just hoping to whatever power that he would chose right. As much as Emorie wanted to just grab Aris and take her away, it wouldn't do any good. She would just fight them. And Dez would find them even quicker. They needed a plan. If Diadel stayed he would just end up another puppet.

"Aris. Aris listen. You don't remember me at all and I know that, but that woman! Listen to what she just said! She's not your real mother Aris, she said IF, IF Aris!" Emorie was struggling at this point, she turned and looked out of the corner of her eye at Ferris. Her heart full of worry. He was strong but Dez was more experienced... And ruthless. "Diadel if you're leaving with us I suggest you get us out of here!"

Why would anyone want to be on love? Why? Diadel had only admitted it to himself for a full few hours at this point and it already was making him wish he didn't have heart. It made him wish he was still in school, dating a new girl every week and just having fun. Instead? Instead he could almost literally feel his heart breaking as Aris looked at him, asking him to be quiet. Not knowing what had literally just happened a few hours ago...

"Hah... wow..." Diadel huffed, his eyes turning into small slits as he looked at his mother. Choose? How was he supposed to do that. Either way he had a shit end of the stick. Either he left Aris here or he had to stay with Dez. She wasn't even a parent to him anymore. No the comments about his dirty wolf blood? What he did to Aris? Claiming herself better than him? It was all just the last straw! It hurt like a bitch but he refused to let her continue to do this to him. A mother should never to this to a kid. After seeing the way Lilax treated them and the way Red treated them... Diadel knew this wasn't right.

Ferris jumped forward and knocked Dez to the ground and Emorie was moving quickly after, making sure Aris wouldn't attack Ferris. "S-Shit." Diadel didn't expect it to go this quickly! He couldn't wrap his mind around what to do. Emorie was talking at Aris and while Diadel hoped it would work, it was probably just confusing. "A-Aris..." Diadel turned and looked behind him. He wasn't good at portals. And all he ever heard about this cabin was a few words from Emorie on the walk over and photos during his relationship with Ellsie.

Diadel focused and focused, he heard Emorie yell some more and he let out a giant sigh. He just wasn't any good at this! Finally, the swirling portal opened and he looked back over at the mess on the couch. "Guys go. GO!" Diadel moved over to Emorie and Aris and pulled Emorie away from her, "Take Ferris and go, I'll be behind you." Diadel looked down at Aris and swallowed hard.

"I didn't say this before, but I should have. It won't make any sense right now but it will okay? I love you so much. And I promised your dad I would keep you safe. I intend to keep that promise... So I will." She probably didn't want him touching her. But Diadel couldn't help it, he reached down and tucked a piece of her hair back with a sad smile. There was nothing he could do now but get back to the others in one piece. But he would come back for her. And it wouldn't be long.

Jack lifted up Jade onto his back carefully as Kai and Ellsie worked on opening the portal. "Here, even less damage if we just do this right?" He wished he had been able to help sooner. Know what was going on with her. Know that it was that bad... Maybe then he could have stopped her from getting this far. Jack couldn't help but imagine what could have happened if he didn't get his memory back. Or even what could have happened if he hadn't been killed by that witch. The thought made him turn his head to look at Ellsie. Why was she even apologizing for that anyways? She had never answered.

"Let's get you through his portal and laying down. Then we can work on getting you better right?" Jade said she couldn't heal herself but without added damage her body should be able to start returning to normal. At least Jack sure as hell hoped so.

The noises outside made him jump a little bit, the light beginning to surround him when he quickly shut it down, remembering how badly it had hurt Kai. Angels magic was holy and was like sunlight on vampires to all of the hellish type fae. Except... Why wasn't Ellsie burned? Later. Jack quickly stepped through after Ellsie and moved to the dark living room where he gently placed Jade on the couch, leaning down and pushing her hair back from her face. "No more then right? Without those bracelet things theres no reason to go back is there?"

Ever since that guy in the living room said he loved her Aris felt confused. He was a complete stranger and yet, he made her heart beat like crazy and her face heat like wildfire. Fred didn't do that. Dez said it was his succubus power, but that wasn't just some power. It couldn't be! It was too strong. Too real.

Dez had broke both of her wrists from the attack from the wolf. Crushed nearly every bone in the wrists. Even the demon blood couldn't heal them as quickly as she would have liked. So, in the casts they remained. Aris didn't move to attack any of them. She had been so confused on what was happening.

So the next week was filled with Dez molding Aris into her model daughter. Polite, sweet, sophisticated. No more of that crass snarky girl. And all in time for the wedding! Aris had questioned it a few times. Why she was marrying Fred, that is. She didn't love him. At least, she didn't think she did. What that pink haired boy to her? She wanted that. But him, that wolf, and the vampire were all on the most wanted list. So seeing them again? Not very likely. Plus, Aris and Dez were constantly surrounded by strong army creatures.

Aris found herself staring in the mirror as one of the stylists finished lacing up the back of her floor length lace gown. It clung to every curve of her body, her curled black locks falling gently down her shoulder, sparkling pins nestled in her thick hair. Her long lashes were coated in mascara, a small wing on the lid of her eye, her face contoured perfectly, and her lips a perfect shade of red. The roses on her table were blue and ready to go down the isle with Aris. If only Aris had been emotionally ready. But her mom told her it was her duty...

Why didn't Aris look anything like her mom? That was another of her million questions that never got answered.

---

Jade was feeling slightly better. At least that's what she told Jack. She had felt like crap the whole week but promised everyone that she would be fine enough to travel and heal them just in case. So long as she wasn't too far from Jack she would be okay. That barrier thing in Hell? They'd be invincible.

As she passed through the portal near the woods the wedding hall was located at she felt sick. Immediately she leaned against a tree and peeked out from the woods at the hall. Several guards were posted outside, some patrolling, some stationed near the doors. It had been a while since she had been down here but it was just as she remembered, dark and hot. "So Ferris, are you okay with making a distraction? That way we can sneak in, and give Aris this potion." Jade had been researching the past week with Ellsie. Using her magic and her holy powers they made a powerful potion. One that hopefully restored Aris' memory.

"Jack do you want to go with the others? I'll stay back and heal Ferris." Jade had her long blonde hair in a tight ponytail. She wore black jeans and a white sweater paired with white sneakers. Her wings were tucked into her back and her eyes were a dull blue from the poisoning.

Ferris had spent the week training more often then not. He was to distract the guards, they established that. He needed to strength train and bulk himself up, so most of the week he spent his time in the woods taking down trees and giant rocks. He had called and explained everything to his parents. Said he loved them, said he'd see them when they were done. All he could think about was the threats Dez gave Emorie, the way she brought up Ferris's sister, and the way she spoke to Diadel. What kind of mother did that?! Red and Ferris were inseparable for most of his life! Hell, he was homeschooled because she couldn't let him out of her sight for more than five minutes! A parent was to care for their child, not put them through the ringer like this.

On the other side of the portal Ferris grinned slightly at Jade. His arms were ripped, his chest more toned than Kai's at this point. He was ready for war. "Yes ma'am. I'll get you the opening you guys need." Ferris gave Emorie a kiss on the nose, his cheeks heating slightly. "Stay safe, okay?" He gently pet her dark hair and gave her a tight hug before looking over at Diadel. "Bring your girl home, yeah?"

Ferris knew there was a chance that he wouldn't make it. That's why he was being a bit over affectionate with Emorie. Quickly he shook out his hair and transformed into the hulking mass of wolf, his large paws padding the ground before he padded off towards the guards. They'd have silver weapons guaranteed, so he'd have to be quick.

Kai closed the portal behind them with a small sigh. He wanted to teleport inside but knew that was a bad idea. But having their friend distract a whole army? That was an awful idea. Just as bad of an idea as it was to send Jade to the angels. "Stay safe, Ferris." He gave him a small smile before he ran off. Kai had spent the past week keeping guard and practicing his portals. They'd need one when they got Aris. Diadel would probably expend all of his strength, Aris and Jade would be exhausted. This was their only real option. Well, that and keeping Ellsie safe. Emorie could handle herself. One squirt of water and Ellsie was down for the count. All that really hurt Kai was dehydration and that light Jack put out. The thought gave him goosebumps.

"What do we do once we're inside? Use magic and put everyone to sleep?" That would be a lot of magic considering how big that hall was. Plus Fred was somewhere on the inside. From what Kai heard, Fred could prove to be a formidable opponent. But Kai was a god, he could take a so called "king of hell".

"I'll fight the stragglers. So long as you guys are safe, I mean."

Emorie was not a fan of this plan! Ferris was strong and fast and suddenly very... well built. But that was besides the point! He was one person, one person who wasn't trained like those guards were. Emorie said it should have been her to play distraction but they said she was needed inside. That she was used to the way these things ran and the way Dez worked. So?! It seemed as if she was outvoted however... so Emorie just went along reluctantly.

Outside Emorie tapped her foot against the pavement, her nerves taking the best of her as the others spoke. Suddenly she found herself face to face with Ferris, his lips touching her nose gently before he pulled her into a tight hug. Her heart pounded in her chest, the usually quiet and slow thing becoming this fluttering beast. "I - I will." I will? That's all you can say Emorie?! She was so distracted for a moment but finally she wrapped her arms back around him and gave a gentle squeeze before looking up at him, "You too okay? Don't do stupid and don't be afraid to just run if things go and okay?" She let go of him and reached up to scruff his hair a little, "Your mom would kill me if anything happened to you.... and uh I wouldn't be too happy either." Her face heated as she backed up and he transformed, running off.

"Ah..." Emorie signed and got herself together before turning to the others and her face hardening. She reached up and pulled back her hair before speaking. "Ferris will distract, Ellsie will cloak us and we will just run. Diadel, get the potion to her and the rest of us can handle the others alright?"

"Ellsie get ready."

Ellsie had spent the week practicing her magic, figuring out new spells and helping Jade with the potion. There was also her and Emorie... they had gotten a lot better. Far from the day when her sister couldn't even look at her. Ellsie felt like it had a lot more to do with the necklace than actually coming to terms with the whole vampire thing. But at least they could talk again.

Outside Ellsie looked over at Ferris as he talked to his sister and the others about the distraction. Ellsie felt terrible... but she didn't know who else could do it. If anything happened to Ferris it would be awful. It would be almost as terrible as seeing her sister hurt. But at this point... seeing anyone get hurt would be almost as awful. Ellsie quickly looked away when Emorie and Ferris for more.. affectionate? It actually made her giggle a little. They were both so oblivious.

"Once we get inside I'm not sure how useful I'll be... I'll stick by Kai with the stragglers and try my best to deflect some damage. Putting everyone to sleep would have been a good idea..." but I'm not strong enough. Not even with all the magic. Ellsie was still the weak link here.

Behind her Emorie began to speak and ellsie turned back, giving her sister a small smile before nodding her head. She stretched her hands above her head before slowly pulling them down, a clear but sort of blurry bubble forming around the group. "We have to move quick but stay close. So Em you can't move to fast or it will faulter." Ellsie looked beyond the group to see Ferris getting close to the guards. She was terrified but it was now or never. "Okay, lets run." And off they were.

Jack wasn't sure what to do. The last week he had spent trying to learn how to use his new found power. Well that and calling his family and explaining his disappearance. At first it tore his parents apart but eventually they were just happy that he wasn't fully gone. Even with how close he got to death. Well, real actual gone forever death.

The barrier would have been nearly invincible down here. Made them all untouchable. But it would hurt Diadel, Kai, Emorie... shall he keep going? Jack was trying so hard to get a hold on it. But sometimes it just got out of hand. It wasn't worth the risk. He would use it as much as he needed but besides that, the sword at his waist would do plenty.

"Ferris, be careful okay. We want Aris safe but we want you safe too." Jack patted Ferris on the back before moving to Jade. It was seeet that she wanted to help him but she was much more needed with the larger amount of people. Plus Jack was pretty sure Ferris could handle this. "I'll carry you okay? Just in case you start to feel bad." Jack gave her a gentle smile and smoothed over her hair before the twins began talking. They didn't get much time before it was set to head in. Jack turned and hoisted Jade up into his back and ran with the others, looking over his shoulder at her, "You focus on keeping the others safe and I'll make sure you are okay? Just tell me where to go."

Diadel was high strung as hell the past week. He didn't want to wait. He just wanted to go get this shit done! Aris was suffering in there! Well she didn't know it but she was! Diadel knew that the others had to be prepared but still. And to have to do this during the wedding? Sure it would provide some added coverage but it also meant more people. People that wouldn't know what to do. But still... people.

"Ferris... just... thank you for doing this man. " Diadel was insanely thankful that he was willing to be the distraction. It was dangerous. It could have gotten him hurt. This could have gotten all of them hurt. He was just glad he had friends who cared enough about each other. Glad that he had realized that his mom was no longer his real family... these people were.

Diadel took the potion and tucked it into his pocket before giving the twins a nod. "She will probably be upstairs in a bedroom. Getting ready. It's best to try to get her out there. Not during the actual ceremony where everyone can see. Hopefully Dez isn't helping her..."

Diadel moved with the group. Quickly making their way past the chaos of Ferris' distraction and into the giant house. Guests in fancy clothing were everywhere. Guards. Dez went all out with this damn thing. It seemed like people were still making their way to their seats... that gave them more time. "Okay, I'm heading up. Hold the fort." He ran out of the group, pushing through a few people and causing a general disturbance. "Sorry, excuse me, wedding emergency!" Diadel was trying his hardest to play it off like he was supposed to be here. Hopefully no one recognized him.

Once upstairs Diadel found two guards standing outside of a door. That must be it. "Aris!" He yelled before making his way over to the door and quickly throwing a sucker punch to one of the guards. Lucky shot. The other guard however? Well now he was prepared.

Aris sighed quietly as she slipped on her lace heels, her French tipped nails smoothing over her hair as she looked in the mirror. It wouldn't be long before Dez came and got her to go down to walk down the isle. When she heard a commotion outside she walked to the window and peeked out from behind the curtain. Guards were running around shouting and looking frantic. Something about a wolf? No one would have been dumb enough to attack them today...would they? Army officials, guards a plenty. Only a complete moron would attack them.

Almost on cue Aris heard her name being yelled out in the hallways. The stylists moved to stop her but she merely pushed passed them. She pressed her ear to the door to listen to the struggle outside for a moment before she let out a long sigh. Quickly she opened the door in time to see Diadel fighting with the guards. "What in the hell is going on here?" The temperature of the room lowered as she narrowed her eyes at the guards and Diadel. "It's bad enough I'm getting married today, now I have to deal with this?" With a few swift smacks she hit a few of the pressure points on both of the guards and watched them fall to the ground.

"You're on the most wanted list. If you go now I promise I won't say anything." Aris fluffed her black hair and looked over Diadel, a small frown taking over her lips. She had been thinking about him constantly. Why did her heart hurt so bad when she looked at him? All of her unanswered questions filled her mind again. "Why'd you even come here? Do you have a death wish or something?"

--

Jade squirmed slightly when Jack hoisted her onto her back. "J-Jack, I should take care of Ferris. He's facing the brunt of the assault..." She gently wrapped her arms around his neck to hold him in a small hug, her forehead resting against the back of his head. "I, uh, just follow Ellsie or Emorie. I don't think we're on the most wanted list down here, but if they sense that we're angels we'll have some problems I'm sure."

Once inside Diadel took off up the stairs a couple people started to whisper. The crowd was large. Several important looking dignitaries filled the crowd. Considering Aris didn't have many friends she could have only assumed them to be Dez's and Fred's friends. Her arms tightened slightly around Jack, a tad bit scared. "Just play it cool okay? They're not sending anyone quite yet after him..." they were too busy dealing with Ferris. her bright blue eyes darted around the crowd as she stayed on the look out for Dez's famous red hair.

Ferris was doing his best to distract the guards. It wasn't long before he found out that the weapons they had were dipped in silver, making every attack to the wolf a near deadly one. He had to be quick. His paws have never carried him faster than they were now. Now? He wasn't attacking, just distracting. He ran around the large building several times, occasionally knocking one of the guards down with a swift and heavy head butt.

Ferris let out a loud howl as he felt something pierce his side. A sword? No, too small. He looked down at the bleeding wound and furrowed his brow. A bullet? Oh, shit. It's okay Ferris, calm down. You just have to run faster.

Large paws took off top speed and jumped over a few of the guards, using his back paw to kick one in the head and to give him a boost. Once on the ground he spun around to see the large group of guards. How many were there? Twenty? Thirty? It was hard to tell. The bullet was silver and causing his breathing to be labored. He jumped back when one swung at him, jumping to the side as one shot at him. Come on guys, hurry. Ferris quickly barreled through the guards like bowling pins to run clear across the lawn once more.

Kai made his way into the building with the others and instantly felt his skin crawl. A room full of powerful demons. What did they have? They had Kai, who was strong, and Emorie, who was fast. Ellsie? Barely had a handle on her powers. Jade, who could heal but not much else. And Jack, who if he made the barrier could take down literally everyone in the room except three people. He wouldn't recommend that, since they were trying to do this whole thing pretty low key.

A couple guards moved through the crowd when someone didn't answer the walkie talkie. Kai moved to them and let out a small sigh. "Gentleman? Come with me." He tossed his arms around the men and escorted them to behind the staircase, knocking their heads into each other's and knocking them out. "Sorry guys. That'll hurt when you wake up." He glanced around and made sure no one was around. He stripped the biggest guard and Kai quickly dressed himself in the guard uniform. A tad snug but it worked.

He walked back to the group as he adjusted the belt around his waist. It was equipped with a sword, gun, and silver bullets. Enough to keep them plenty defended. "How do I look?" Kai grinned slightly as he adjusted the helmet on his head.

"There." Emorie scanned the crowd, her eyes quickly falling on the flowing red hair of Dez making her way towards the stairs. The commotion outside may go unnoticed by most but the other guards and and Dez? They would be on point. "Just be ready to leave okay? Ellsie stick with Kai and find somewhere to make a portal." If Dez got to Aris and Diadel none of this would work. Dez would be able to get Aris to fight and there was no way for Diadel to take down the two of them alone.

So Emorie put her head down and made her way quickly through the people, trying to avoid the eyes of the guards who knew her well. It worked. Until she got to the staircase and was out of the crowd. A hand went roughly around her wrist and she was yanked back, face to face with one of the guards. Fred's friend. The one from the bar. "Oh I do not have any time for you kid." Emorie's eyes flashed red as she attempted to scare him away with the simple tactic. He only laughed. Outside a loud howl rang out and Emorie felt her heart drop to her stomach. Now she really didn't have time for this. It was about to get chaotic. Emorie yanked her hand from the male before pulling back her fist and giving him a punch to the jaw that knocked him down the stairs.

Then came the real hell. Dez. "Diadel move your ass!" At this point there was no hiding. The guard tumbling down the stairs had caused enough commotion. Some began quickly leaving the house, hopefully adding to confusion outside. Distracting the guards... even a little. "Dez." Emorie growled and moved up a few more steps, reaching out and grabbing the woman by her hair and giving a quick pull backwards.

Ellsie watched in awe as Diadel ran off, Kai moved to take care of some guards and her sister went off after Dez. They were all so badass! Even Jack and Jade, jack was acting like Jades personal protecter and Jade was able to help heal. And judging by that howl outside she would be needed once they got somewhere safe...

Kai returned and Ellsie looked over at him with a small chuckle, "I would say you look pretty good in a uniform there Kai." Her face actually flushed a little from the compliment she gave him. But it was true! He did look nice! The thought was killed from the sudden chaos though. Emorie yelled and Ellsie could hear a guard tumbling in the distance. "Oh my god!" This was happening. This was really happening.

Portal. Portal. Portal.

Oh!

"Kai I'm sorry. But..." Ellsie pulled back her hand and sent a purple blast towards the boy. Not enough to hurt but it would sting a little. He was dressed as a guard and she had an idea. "Make it look like you're escorting us somewhere. So we can make a portal!" She hissed as she or her hands back up defensively. Her eyes glanced over to Jack and Jade. Someone needed to signal Ferris inside, so he could get out of here too.

Diadel couldn't help but smirk when Aris knocked the guards out, though when he got a full look at her, his face went blank for a moment. He couldn't even acknowledge what she had said to him. All he could do was look at her. "Wow." Diadel suddenly said before shaking his head clear. "I'm not leaving. Not without you. I know that sounds weird and probably threatening but just, I just want to talk." He gave her a gentle smile, his hand moving to take hers just as he heard Emorie yell from the direction of the stairs. Okay... maybe they didn't have time to talk this out.

Diadel grabbed Aris's hand and gently pulled her into one of the other rooms. "Do you want to marry him? No. You don't. You don't love him. Right? Dez just says you should marry him? Have you been able to have a single original thought in the pst few weeks?!" He moved his hands to either side of her face and turned hers up towards him. "You love me. And I love you."

Outside Diadel could hear the sounds of discord and he let out a sigh. He took a step back from her and pulled the potion out of his jeans before holding it out in front of him. "Drink this. If you think the past few weeks have been entirely confusing just drink this. I know I can't ask you to trust me, not when you can't remember me.... but trust me."

"I know, but Jade you're not healthy enough. Ferris would just be worried about watching you. It would slow him down." It was harsh but it was true. If Jade stayed back there she would have been a hinderance to the distraction. Jack readjusted her on his back and gained some strange looks from others. It was probably a little out of place to be holding her on his back in this setting but he couldn't afford the time. What if she felt sick while they were trying to escape? No. Not worth the chance. Not when he was already so scared of losing her again.

Kai came back in the uniform and Emorie went off. "You look like the enemy. So rather convincing." Then all hell broke lose. Quite literally.

Ellsie began fighting Kai and at first Jack was rather thrown off, but quickly he caught on. And her sideways glance and comment about Ferris? Understood. "You guys get started, we'll be back. Hold on Jade." With one outstreched hand, Jack concentrated on creating the barrier of light around the two of them. Keeping it contained but keeping it large enough so no one could touch them. Guards tried only to quickly look away or retract a burning hand.

Once at the door Jack threw it open and yelled for Ferris. The light diminished but at his point most of the people had ran from him and Jade anyways. But the light could hurt Ferris so the sword would have to do. He pulled it from his side and looked over his shoulder at Jade, making sure she was still safe.

Ferris had done his job, but presently he was paying a severe price. No matter how fast he was those guns were just as fast. Several of the burning silver bullets melted pass his thick coat of fur and rough skin and settled deep into his muscles and tissues. Each step was painful and it was obvious that he was slowing down. Thankfully a group of people ran out of the hall and distracted the guards long enough for Ferris to barrel through them, nearly running into Jade and Jack on the way.

He jumped around to try to hide the wounds and stood next to Jack. He got into his attack stance and snarled at the guards loudly, his large teeth baring at them menacingly. He needed to be healed, but he also needed to take out the remaining guards. He glanced back at Jack and thought back to the shield. It would hurt like hell, but it was worth it. Ferris gave a nudge of his nose back to Jade, trying to tell him to put up the shield.

--

The comment Ellsie made hadn't been lost on Kai, but he was damn sure distracted by her suddenly attacking him. "H-Hey! Down girl!" Kai quickly moved to her and escorted her down the hall with a single hand holding both of her hands behind her back. His eyes darted around to see a room labeled "closed for maintenance" seemed simple enough.

Once everyone was pretty much out of view he moved to the door and broke the locked handle off so the door would unlock and swing open. "Good place." He walked inside and held out his arms in front of him to open the portal. "There. One portal to the cabin, check."

Aris felt her face flush from the way Diadel looked at her. Was it the dress? She glanced down at herself. She was pretty gorgeous right now. You only got married once, right? Aris just wished it wasn't to Fred. He seemed nice enough, but she didn't like him let alone love him. Then he started saying that he wasn't going to leave without her and she felt her face heat. Why did a complete stranger care for her so much?!

Her heels clicked as she followed him into the room, hardly able to get a word in edge wise as he rambled on. Of course this past week seemed off. It felt like something was missing. It felt like all of her memories weren't her own, that this wasn't her life she was living. Her face heated when he moved his hands to her face. Why did he make her feel so flustered?! No one did this to her but him...why?! Her blue eyes looked over the vial and let her small hand reach out to take it. "So I love you? Is that why my chest hurts so bad when I look at you?" Her icy eyes glanced up at him before she popped open the vial. "I'm probably an idiot for doing this..." but what could be worse than a marriage she didn't want? Quickly she poured the liquid down her throat.

Her eyes tightened shut as she finished the liquid. Slowly she opened her eyes and furrowed her brows. "How long is this supposed to take to kick in?" He was starting to look more and more familiar but she couldn't quite place it. Her head was begging to hurt something fierce. False memories from Dez and her real memories were fighting for control of her head, forcing her to hold her head and fall to her knees. The room was spinning and she felt sick. "Diadel, help..."

--

Jade grumbled quietly in protest to what Jack had said but he wasn't wrong. Back in Heaven she wasn't required to move much. This? This kept her insanely busy and constantly moving, something that she couldn't do. So she quietly sat there with her arms and legs around him like a child, ignoring the strange looks they were receiving. Though once she heard the howl she adjusted slightly on his back. What could she do? Ferris was getting hurt and all she was doing was sitting there.

Before she knew it they were covered in the barrier and moving outside, a small smile taking over her lips. "Thanks for everything you do, jack." Gently she kissed the top of his head before her blue eyes scanned the crowd. Between people running out of the hall and the successful distraction by Ferris she couldn't find him. "U-Uh, follow the guards? You want to find Ferris right? I can only assume he'll be that way..." she bit at her lip nervously as she desperately searched for the blonde wolf.

--

Oh hell no. They were not ruining this perfect day of theirs! Dez made her way through the crowd quickly and found her red heels tapping against the stairs as she moved up them. Only, she was stopped by the tug of her hair. A loud growl passed her lips as she held onto the rails and fell down a couple steps. "You have some never coming here, girl. Is that your wolf getting silver bullets shot into him outside? Pity they go down so easily. What was the solution to the memory changing, huh? A potion? You children are so naive."

Dez took the walkie talkie and held it close to her lips. "Fred honey, they're upstairs." She then put the walkie back in the pocket of her black jacket and spun around, thankful she had long enough hair to do that. "Now what are you doing here? You know there's quite the reward out for you, my son and the wolf vampire boy." Dez wasn't in a fighting position, not with both her wrists still in the braces. However she was always in the position to make people feel horrible about themselves and piss them off. "What's the matter? The only friend you have besides that betraying little twin of yours not remembering you rubbing you the wrong way? She's better off this way, trust me. And where did you guys go to hide? You couldn't have gone to live with your parents." A small smirk took over her lips as she eyes a couple of guards. "Over here!"

W-Were they that transparent? Whatever! It didn't matter! Diadel hopefully had already given Aris the potion so hah!

Emorie's inner dialogue distracted her from Dez for a moment. Who did she radio? Fred?! Diadel could handle that much. She hoped. Dez's words made Emorie's lips turn into a snarl, her hazel eyes quickly changing into a deep ruby color. "I would't say that's whats bothering me. More the fact that a psycho is using the world as her play pen." She growled, but the comment about her parents made her falter. She knew it! Of course had something to do with her mothers death, what else would be with that damn comment!

Her anger threw off her defenses. The guards that Dez called over each grabbed one of Emorie's arms and pulled her abruptly back from Dez. Pain rang out in her shoulder as they twisted her arms behind her, holding her tightly. "You do not get to mention my parents." Emorie's voice was very calm. Something in her broke. As did something in the guard to her left. She twisted in a way that they couldn't hold her, she was too fast. Her hands reached out and grabbed the guard, taking his arm and snapping the thing like a twig before turning and running.

Ellsie was standing in the room Kai had broken into and shaking. What was taking everyone so long? Did something go wrong?! Were they all hurt?! Her foot tapped against the ground relentlessly before she let go a giant sigh. In reality it had really only been about five minutes but it felt like an eternity! Ellsie moved over to the door and stuck her ear against the wood for a moment, seeing if she could hear anyone approaching. Nothing.

That was it! She couldn't do it anymore!

Ellsie quickly looked back at Kai before taking a deep breath in and quickly leaving the room, shutting the door behind her before peering out into the hallway. Clear. God Kai was going to be pissed but someone had to go help! And he was dealing with that portal anyways! She made her way to where the hallway opened up into the large room, all the guests were still quickly leaving and it was mostly filled with guards and a few party guests that seemed unhinged by the chaos. Across the room she could see her sister struggling with someone and Ellsie almost went to run just as Emorie turned to break the mans arm.

Her stomach turned. It made her want to puke! How it was done so easily! Ellsie found herself reaching to cradle her own arm without even realizing it. But just as she did she felt an excruciating pain in her back, right though her shoulder blade on the right side. "I got her ma'am! The vampire! I killed her for you!" Ellsie let out a pained scream before turning around and knocking the guard back quickly with a blast of purple glitter basically... He looked at her stunned. "B-But I staked you!" The pain made it hard to focus, that and the blood she was probably quickly losing.

"I'm not a vampire you imbecile. And anyways that's the wrong side!"

Emorie heard the scream and quickly looked in the direction. It was Ellsie. She knew it. Emorie turned it on high gear and made it to her sister just as she finished yelling at some guard. The blood made her fangs poke at her lip but she just ignored it. "Shit Ellsie!" Emorie snarled at the guard, "You fucked with the wrong twin dumb ass." She sent a kick into the guys chest, knocking him into the wall before she reached over and grabbed her sisters arm. "Come on."

The two made their way back to the room and Emorie looked at Kai, "Wait is Ferris still out there?!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back