• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom I'm back. Mostly anime garbage and like 2 games. Only really into Yuri pairings barring maybe one VERY specific exception.

Extvia

‎‎‎‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
Jesus christ who's guts do I have to rip out and parade around with and use like Christmas decorations to finally get an actual RP around here...

Don't expect me to dance on egg shells just cause you might have a fragile psyche/emotions. I am a very blunt and unfiltered person. And leave your unwarranted nitpicks like "writing samples" and such at the door. NONE of you, not even myself, are good enough to warrant 20 different filters like you seem to think you do. If I ain't asking you for one you ain't got a reason to be asking ME for one.

If you're looking for that "one exception", go look in the MHA dropdown. Yeah the second half of the thread title is unnecessary but if I don't clarify I get ALL SORTS of unrelated approaches and people who think their generic anime boy OC straight outta DeviantArt can somehow be the exception or they just don't read the thread at all and just assume I'm 100% open to MxF anyway.

Fandom list is a bit short since in all honesty most fandoms are mad cringe. Either that or it's fandoms I'd prefer people played canons in but understandably people don't want to without doubling so I'm gonna leave those out. So don't be surprised if there ain't much to choose from. I do non-fandom stuff too but nobody has their own ideas/settings for that so I don't have any hopes up.

I'm here looking for action-adventure type fandom RPs with plenty of character interaction and development focus rather than JUST constant ego stroking fight scenes. Environmental and interpersonal exploration is good too, throw some bits and pieces of slice of life into the mix and I'd say it's perfect. I'm in the CST timezone of America and I tend to stay up all night and be asleep in the day. Nocturnal sleep schedule and such so I work rather well with EU, Australia and other late night Americans.

Don't go wasting my time by approaching me if you have a tendency to poof/ghost for ANY reason OTHER than being GENUINELY busy or having GENUINE life shit going on. It'd also be great if I didn't have to constantly wait 2-3+ days for even the smallest bit of progress. I've already had to do a purge of people gone for a month already. And a lot of my ideas are SUPER long term. This stuff's gonna take over a year to finish if I have to constantly wait 3+ days for a single post at a time. ACTIVE PARTNERS ONLY.

I don't do "doubling". That's not the kind of stuff I was brought up on. I'm also no good at writing AS a canon character in a given fandom nor am I interested in your Tumblr-esque obsession with canon ships, I prefer making something of my own within an RP. If you're fine with rolling out as a canon with an OC of mine, nice. If not, you better have a good OC or we ain't going anywhere. I'm a bit old fashioned as far as how things are handled within RPs since I've been at this for 12, almost 13 years and a lot of the things you expect from fellow zoomzoomzoomie zoomers should not be expected from me.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FANDOMS BOIS

Splatoon

My Hero Academia
The ONLY exception to the Yuri only rule is POSSIBLY Mirio. But even then that's going to take a REALLY good writer and a lot of IC work to crack it since her preference for the female form is unimaginably strong. Especially the well-filled out Venusian body types. But if any guy has a chance of possibly making himself an exception to her, it'd be an incredibly well written Mirio. I have NEVER and likely NEVER WILL find an actually appealing male OC and all the other canon boys in the show besides All Might either make me want to rip their head off with how poorly written or insufferable they are or they just make me roll my eyes with disinterest. Mirio is like the only exception I know of to any of this so if you ABSOLUTELY feel the need to try and RP with me but don't do FxF. Writing a well done Mirio is your one and only chance. Kinda just how it is.

Pokemon

Soul Eater
I SUPPOSE I can try this since I liked this stuff when I was a dumb teen and it hasn't rubbed me the wrong way upon re-watching it but bear in mind I am expecting ACTUAL detail to your OC if you come to me with one. No spur of the moment, winging it and freshly made one line barebones OCs.

Final Fantasy
Namely I mean that MMO one. I can roll with this if you're fine with spoonfeeding me information beforehand or as we go. Lalafell are cute as fuck and are a strongly preferred partner cause Cute > Everything else

HunterXHunter
I'm iffy on this one since NO ONE has hit me with something good on this yet.

Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid
It's a cute, fluffy indulgence that can easily due to the dragons become also a good action-adventure story and is something I've honestly put a lot of thought into. Moreso than I have on the other things in this list even. And it honestly has the highest potential for some actually good character development since no one has pitched me anything remotely good on my other fandoms.

I’d like to say that given consistent feedback to how actually interesting, layered and in depth my character is that playing a canon like Tohru for her wouldn’t be all that much of a drag and while I don’t expect people to immediately take my word for it, it’s at least something. If anything feel free to look for yourself to see if you'd agree with what others have said and if you'd want to indulge this little fascination of mine or not.

It’s also in my opinion rather easy to pull off since my girl is kinda like Kobayashi, albeit more complex and detailed, maybe a bit more aloof and cold at first but eventually developing to a point it becomes a night and day difference from the stone faced ice queen (that at least won’t scream at the dragons to fuck off or anything outright anti social like that) to an actually rather happy, from the heart sort of person, making it maybe even more rewarding in that case.

So I’m honestly hoping some people actually give this a try since it’s honestly despite no RP getting to be completed so far, managing to be some of the best writing I’ve gotten to do in a long time since a lot of people are admittedly very bad at making remotely good OCs.

Little Witch Academia
I'd prefer people just ran as a canon for this cause I have yet to run into a single person with a good OC for it.

Granblue
I've been asked about this before but sadly I know little about it and would need to be spoonfed information as I go along...plus my interest is solely in Narmaya

There are other things I can try and I can definitely do original settings if your setting allows for anime-esque stuff but otherwise the options are sorta limited since a lot of fandoms are just mega cringe and if there's other non cringe fandoms I just don't know 'em.

AND STICK TO DRAWN/ANIME/STYLIZED REFERENCES. I BETTER NOT SEE A PHOTO-REALISTIC/3D/ACTUAL PHOTO REFERENCE OF YOUR CHARACTER FOR THESE FANDOMS THAT OBVIOUSLY DON'T USE THOSE. Please.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Platforms
Can do it here on RPN but only in PMs or Discord if one prefers.

Age Preferences
I frankly don't care about age at this point as long as you're 17 or older because anyone younger tends to be questionable as far as competence goes in my experience. Who you are and how old you are OOCly otherwise doesn't matter to me. I'm just here to write, not hook up or some nonsense. Not to mention the lack of people over 20 years old on here with interests like mine to begin with.

Character Preferences
I prefer whoever I am writing with to play a Female character. I've had zero good experiences with male ones and have just been put off from them entirely unless it's stuff like Mirio or All Might from MHA. With that said I also only play Female characters which implies if any romance happens it'd have to be FxF. I only play OCs myself but if the partner wants to they can play either a canon character or an OC, their choice as long as it's a female. Plus I keep seeing people talking about MxF/FxM and MxM players practically using their RPs in absolute cringy desperation for someone to actually date and if they take it off-site they just try to textbang ASAP. I'm not about that. Plus FxF is just altogether cuter for me. The girls I play tend to be VERY small and petite and I REALLY like a contrast in that the partner's female character is more along the taller and...curvy/"thicc" types like Pearl and Marina as a pair in Splatoon 2. And I prefer people that come to me intending on playing an OC to not be some last minute cobbled together wing it character. I want something concrete and that has actual DETAIL put into it. This is objectively never a good thing. A person who plays a single character or two over the course of months or years is better than something made up in less.

Romance Junk since it was mentioned

I only do FxF but am fine regardless of if it's OCxOC or OCxCanon. Makes no difference to me as long as the character itself is appealing. I prefer it being slow burn/developing over the course of a play than immediately set up before even starting. Unfortunately, I don't double cause I just can't get into playing a canon character. Plus trying to juggle and actively develop and keep 4 characters relevant rather than just 2 throughout an ENTIRE long term plot is a massive pain, among other significant reasons. Like people just having lackluster af OCs. So if you don't want to play a canon without doubling it can stay either OCxOC or we can just not do romance. Makes no real difference to me.

Post Length Stuff
Right, so, I tend to write between 2 to 5+ paragraphs depending on what's going on in a scene and the only time I take 1 paragraph or less is when things within a scene have calmed down, like back and forth chatter and slice of life junk. I'd prefer if my partner did the same.

Last edited:
Out of the given fandoms, I might be able to do Final Fantasy, but I haven't played the MMO.
Still, just having a generic "there are monsters all over the place and a few small groups of adventurers are trying to stop them and possibly save the world" scene is fun and ripe with possibilities~

Out of the given fandoms, I might be able to do Final Fantasy, but I haven't played the MMO.
Still, just having a generic "there are monsters all over the place and a few small groups of adventurers are trying to stop them and possibly save the world" scene is fun and ripe with possibilities~

Kinda defeats the purpose of using the setting if neither of us actually know much of anything about it.

Then how about just having a generic fantasy world setting and making it up as we go along?

I'm not so keen on it if it isn't something that has been concretely put together and built up before now. Winging it hasn't turned out well before in my experiences over the years.

Hello! I'm up for a romance FxF. As for the fandom, we could do Pokemon. Our two characters going on a journey, though they don't necessarily have to be trainers, we can take a more slice-of-life approach and discuss the plot. I have some ideas. If not fandom, I have some plots here (Fandom - Pokemon, a Journey + Assorted Plots (FxF, Modern, Adventure, Slice-of-life)) but mostly here (Multiple Settings - Looking for roleplays! FxF prompts, varied). Also these two:
- Character A and Character B meet in the library. Both of them are researching the same thing. Is there some sort of mystical connection between them?

- Character A finds herself praying to a god in a shrine, her last resort before attempting to kill herself. No one seems to answer. She is about to kill herself when a hand stops her: it's the shrine's goddess! What will happen to this pair?

The one which I am more interested in at the moment, though, is some variation of this one:
"Character A is a goddess who has just been revived and stumbles upon Character B, what will happen between the two of them?"

Let me know if any of that piques your interest or if you have any Pokemon plot of your own and we can discuss them.

Hello! I'm up for a romance FxF. As for the fandom, we could do Pokemon. Our two characters going on a journey, though they don't necessarily have to be trainers, we can take a more slice-of-life approach and discuss the plot. I have some ideas. If not fandom, I have some plots here (Fandom - Pokemon, a Journey + Assorted Plots (FxF, Modern, Adventure, Slice-of-life)) but mostly here (Multiple Settings - Looking for roleplays! FxF prompts, varied). Also these two:
- Character A and Character B meet in the library. Both of them are researching the same thing. Is there some sort of mystical connection between them?

- Character A finds herself praying to a god in a shrine, her last resort before attempting to kill herself. No one seems to answer. She is about to kill herself when a hand stops her: it's the shrine's goddess! What will happen to this pair?

The one which I am more interested in at the moment, though, is some variation of this one:
"Character A is a goddess who has just been revived and stumbles upon Character B, what will happen between the two of them?"

Let me know if any of that piques your interest or if you have any Pokemon plot of your own and we can discuss them.

I'd most likely opt for the Pokemon thing. Send me a PM on what you happen to have in mind for it since I tend to prefer adventure-action stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back