• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Exalted Third - Chat

Zironic

I would like to run a chat based Exalted game for the purpose of becoming more familiar with the rules and hopefully have some fun.

Setting and Theme:

I'm willing to set the game wherever the players want it to be set. The game will be sandbox based where the decisions of the characters will form the overall narrative.

Limitations:

Players and characters must be at least 18 years old.

At most 3 players.

Players must be able to play European daytime or evenings.

House rules:

This game will be run with little to no house rules however chicanery-no will be in effect.

Application Process:

Simply reply with your preferred concept, locale and playtimes and I'll try to pick out a compatible group.

Hi there!

I'll try to keep it simple for now.

Times I can play (In GMT):

Text: Wed/Thurs/Fri/Sat 4 a.m. to 9 a.m.

Voice: For sure Sat: ~12:30. to 4/5 p.m. Sundays any time between 9 a.m. and 4/5 p.m.

Edit: Age: I'm 35. I do have a job and responsibilities but this in turn means I take my scheduled times seriously. :)

Environment/locale: Open-ish areas with lots of room for running around and shaping the area like the scavenger lands, north/near north, and most southern locations. Not really looking for a heavily focused sailing/high seas game or trying to scrape by on the Immaculate Isle. If you meant *MY* locale, I live in Pittsburgh but work wacky hours. :P

Preferred short concepts: I'm pretty open to any of the following, in order of preference - 1) Optimistic and upbeat architect with a knack for playing down difficulty. (Some sort of Twilight). 2) Recently come-of-age hunter/guardian, a best of intentions character that might slip into Jingoisms if he's not careful (some sort of Dawn). 3) A hunter-of-hell type cool-as-ice Night caste with a decently large dose of hubris. Really, I'd be equally glad to play any of those things and their specific intimacies/motivations/story can be tailored to locale.

Cheers,

-Ennui

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey there, 28 year old Freelancer here.

I live in a +2 GMT Zone, so I can easily make European times.

Environment/Locale: Like Ennui, I like open areas, lots of exploration and discovery, walking, sailing, riding, flying, don't mind which ever one. I prefer either the South or West.

Concepts: I generally do one of the following; a fish out of water, supportive heart of the party, or the subtle one.

Edit: Oh! That reminds me. I can text easily, voice...I haven't tested that out yet sadly enough.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm intersted, 18+ and in Europe as well. Not sure about concepts, my early ideas I've already pitched elsewhere, but I'll think of something when I have the time.

I'm available most weekday evenings except for Tuesday.

Do you have text or voice chat in mind?

GMT -6 here, but, some days I'm capable of of attending depending on the day and work/school schedule (I don't exactly have a steady sleep schedule and my work schedule fluctuates.)

29, so definitely above the age requirement.

Preferred locale in Exalted? Palanquin is by far my newest favorite area.

Preferred character? Could dust off my pirate Eclipse. Otherwise, I can make some other concepts. Preferred chat: text based

Currently it's looking like Ennui, Foolish and Esbilon should all be able to make Sunday Mornings and Harborhead looks like a good starting location. The easiest way to manage ooc communications will be to add me as Zironicum on Skype.

The way I suggest we start is by having you brainstorm your circle together. What's your agenda? How did you form? Do you have a leader? Just throw ideas at the wall until you find something you all like.

I'd like you to use google docs for your character sheets, it will make them easy for me to manage.

I played a Bride of Ahlat character once, and even got a picture of her made exalted Ohan Karrilah, I'm tempted to resurrect her in this new system. She'd be a Supernal melee Dawn Caste and happy to team up with anyone who's out to oust the Realm from Harborhead. She's a natural leader and will gravitate towards taking that role, but she can serve just as well if there's someone worthy in charge.

Great! I'm gonna get reading up on Harborhead as I'm a little rusty (and 3e changes things for sure). If it's okay with the others, I'll dive into the Twilight with either Supernal Craft or Occult, heavily thinking Craft at the moment. Don't worry, I won't be useless though. You can add me as ennui_deblase on Skype. I consider my guy, though I'm still in the early stages of character concept, as one who would latch onto the brighter star of another Solar Exalt instead of getting out there and making a name for himself at first blush. So if you or Foolish started making waves I'd be quick to contact you. I'd be okay with some first age dreams ideas but don't feel any *need* to do that sort of inspired history. New age group works for me. My agenda,

I'm okay with the whole ousting the Realm idea, but preferably in a way that doesn't deconstruct the area. More a "We can do this better and if you don't like it you can leave." Also, we'll be 0 xp weaklings so there's that heh. Do we have a character sheet template or does one need to be made up? I know some people have issues with BP min-maxing and the like. Do you trust us to make at least semi-well-rounded characters or are you gonna convert that to some xp total? I'm fine either way, and won't make anything abusive. I'll read into stuff more dedicatedly than bouncing all over the 650 page text now that I have focus.

Cheers,

-Ennui

I made a character elsewhere on this forum and that has a template. Though that doesn't help much if we're using google docs. Anyway, here it is: Rising Tide

Users who are viewing this thread

Back