• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Everything Is Not As It Seems (Reboot, Closed)

I decided that feeling gloomy and sad all day wasn't really gonna help the situation, plus I didn't think I had done enough wrong to deserve the reaction that I got. My guilt quickly turned to anger and frustration as I got up to go and do something productive. As i left the training area, I was just in time to see Tobias approach Sarah. I decided to listen to what they were talking about before going up to them.

As if he was waiting around a corner for someone to call him, Tobias emerged from one of the gloomy corridors with one of his usual warm smiles. "Hi, Sarah." He said as he approached her "I trust you enjoyed your time in the training area. You and Oliver made some tremendous progress that we actually didn't expect to come so quickly. What can I do for you?"

I finally gave up treating and rested my head against the cool keys of the piano. Then it hit me. I was doing nothing but being hypocritical. I had told Sarah to stop feeling sorry for herself and that's all I was doing. I let out a sigh, not wanting to admit that I had indeed overreacted but the fact was inevitable, and the only thing I could do was try to make it right. Finally standing up, ilookednin the mirror and calmed myself down, wiping my eyes and nodding to myself.

Walking out of my room, I hesitantly made my way down the hallway, trying to remember the way to the training room. However, as I neared the room, I froze in my spot out of fear when I saw Oliver. I was going to turn around and retreat back to my room, but stopped myself, deciding that wasn't going to solve anything. I slowly walked up behind him and tapped his shoulder before I could back out. "C-Can I talk to you?"

A lot of my anger and frustration melted away as I felt a light tap on my shoulder, immediately knowing who it was. "Uh..." I stuttered, really wanting to hear what Tobias and Sarah were talking about, but not wanting to pass up the opportunity to at least have a conversation with Seraphine about what had happened "Yeah, sure. We can go back to your room. Nowhere in this place apart from our rooms is really private." I led her pretty quickly back to her room, not saying a word just yet, and shut the door inside us once we were inside. "You can start." I said, not showing a lot of emotion as I leaned against the nearest wall and waited for what she had to say.

I let out a sigh of relief when he agreed and silently followed back to my room. I walked inside and sat down on my bed as I tucked my feet underneath me, his words making me regret my actions for only a brief moment before it dissipated. "I-I'm sorry..." I said softly as I looked down and bit my lip nervously. "Its just....you don't understand how I felt when you said that about her..." I added as I slowly gained some confidence. "Like....for the first time since I got here, I was actually happy...then you said that and it made me feel like I wasn't good enough for you," I said, keeping my gaze down.

As insensitive as it might have seemed, I couldn't help but chuckle a bit as she spoke. "You're not good enough for me?" I asked rhetorically, not moving from my position "That's like saying that diamonds aren't good enough for the dirt. I know what I said was...upsetting and uncomfortable...and I'm sorry, but it this whole thing has shown me something. It has shown me that, as much as I may like you, and as much as I'm happy when I'm with you too..." I paused, breaking my gaze with her eyes and looking down at my feet as I continued, really not wanting to hurt her, but feeling like it needed to be done "We've jumped into this too fast. We don't know each other well enough to be doing this, no matter how happy we make each other, and...I don't think this is the right time to be doing this. That's...that's just what I feel right now. I'm sorry." I paused anxiously as I waited for her response, feeling bad that she had said I was the reason that she was finally happy, but also feeling like I was doing the right thing for both of us.

My eyes darted up to him with nothing but hurt in them. "You started this and now.... You knew what you were doing the whole time. You wanted to be with her the whole time. everything you told me was a lie. You never liked me. Hell I wouldn't be surprised if you didn't care whether or not I saw my sister again. You're saying we jumped into this too fast when you're the one that started it. I actually thought you cared about me," I managed to say, not caring about the tears that were falling down my cheeks.

Sarah jumped slightly when Tobias appeared, as if he had been expecting her to ask him a question. Then he told her that she made quick progress and made her smile. "Thanks, I guess. I figured that I might as well train and work on it you know, and I started talking to the others more too. It's just still hard to believe so sorry for my behavior." She said with an apologetic smile. "The reason I actually wanted to talk to you was not to apologize though. Well, some of us can't really train our powers inside, like Connor with his earth powers. I know that we can't go home, but can we at least go outside?" She asked. "Some fresh air could all do us some good too, you know." She said, not really telling him that she was also planning an escape route if anything ever happened.

Oliver:

I listened to her, and couldn't stand the fact that I was making her cry, but I needed to push on. I cared about her a lot, and I thought continuing what we were doing would be unfair to her. Even if she had to hate me. "Hey!" I almost shouted, hating having to make her even more upset "You seem to forget the fact that I am allowed to be vulnerable too. I was also in a weird place that night, and I'm sorry that I started it and I'm ending it like this, but don't expect me to be an absolute rock just because I'm a guy. I made a mistake, and I care about you too much to continue this just to possibly end up hurting you. And I still have every intention of helping you in every way I can to help you see your sister again, even if you hate me. I'm sorry, but if you think that I don't care about you and I never did, then its probably a good thing this is ending, because you're just proving my point. We don't know each other at all." I couldn't be there when she reacted, so I just left and slammed the door behind me. I was really mad, but I still hated upsetting her. I didn't really see a way back for us, if I was honest with myself. I walked off back towards the training area. I needed a distraction right now.

Tobias:

"Oh that reminds me" Tobias said, reaching into his pocket and pulling out a small stack of papers "Here are some maps for the compound. Its really big, so just try give one of these to each of the team members so you guys don't get lost. As for leaving, you guys can leave when ever you want to, we only ask that you go with at least one other person from the team. Other than that rule, you guys pretty much have complete free reign here. Oh, and we also ask that you try get a lot of training of your powers in, whether in the training room or outside in the world doesn't really matter to us. Have fun!" With that, he was off again, looking very busy.

Sarah listened, not really expecting an entire map. And they were allowed to go outside, have fun in the world as long as they still got training done? This was better then she had hoped for. She thanked Tobias and walked back to the training room with the maps. "Hey guys, look what I have." She said to those in the training room and lifted up the maps. "It's a map of the entire facility so that we don't get lost. Tobias also said that we could go outside and that we have complete free reign as long as we keep training I guess." She smiled and saw Oliver walk in all gloomy. "Ugh, okay... Anyways, if we go out we have to at least bring one other person with us, incase anything happens, so anybody want to go outside with me?" She asked.

As I heard Sarah saying something about maps and getting out, my eyes shot up from the floor and I felt a little relieved. "Yes, please" I exclaimed, taking one of the maps from her with a smile "Thanks. I need to get out of here for a while anyway, this sounds just perfect. Where you planning on going?" I leaned against the wall and studied the map intently, trying to picture the hallways and where they led. It was already starting to help distract me, but there were plenty of things that I could use in the real world to do that anyway.

The moment the door slammed, I lost it. I screamed at the top of my lungs and grabbed my guitar, smashing it against the wall with all my strength. I took the remander and slammed it against the piano before throwing it down. I took the piano seat and threw it against the wall before cleansing off my dresser. In my fit of rage and sadness, I punched the mirror as hard as I could, shattering it. I locked my door and grabbed a manageable piece of the glass, sitting down and staring around at my destroyed room. No. This wasn't my room. I didn't even want to be here. I didn't care if we were allowed to or not, I wanted out. Pressing the sharp end of the glass to my wrist, I dragged it up my arm before dropping it and standing up. I could stand another minute in here. I stood up, ignoring the blood dripping from my arm, and unlocked my door, slowly walking back the way I came with no emotion in my eyes and leaving a tra of blood drops. I passed the training area and kept looking, finally finding Tobias. "I want out. I don't want to be here. I want to leave. I'm not staying another minute here. How the hell do I get out of here?!"

Sarah shrugged with a smile, just happy that she could go outside. "I don't know, just outside. I need some fresh air. I want to know where we are at least. I'm not planning on running though, I think I might like it here anyways. I thought about what Serafine said, I should get over myself, it's just not something I can do with just being here for a couple of days, you know. So just outside and we can go from there." She said and started walking out of the training room. She saw drops of red on the floor and frowned. "This wasn't there before..." She mumbled. "Wait, is this blood?" She asked and turned towards Oliver.

Tobias:

Tobias' eyes widened quickly as Seraphine ran up to him with blood pouring out of her arm. "Okay, okay, sweetie" he said, his eyes still wide and panicky but his voice warm and soothing "We'll get you out of here, but we need to take a look at your arm first, okay?" He quickly grabbed bandages from the bag he was carrying and took Seraphine's arm, gently starting to wrap it in the bandages.

Oliver:

My eyes widened as I looked at the trail of blood leading down one of the corridors, and I quickly tried to follow it. It led us to my worst fear. Seraphine was standing with Tobias as he tried to bandage her arm, which had been cut and was spilling blood at a vast rate. "What the fuck happened here?" I asked, running up to her and looking at the huge cut on her arm.

Sarah followed after Oliver and gasped at what she saw. "Oh my god, Seraphine, are you okay?" She asked. "Tobias what happened? Is she okay?" Sarah asked. Did Tobias being gloomy and this have to do with anything? Seraphine had been clinging to him a lot now that she thought of it.

Je suis Charlie

"DON'T FUCKING TOUCH ME!!" I screamed as I yanked my arm back and backed up. "Tell me how to get the hell out of here," I said coldly as I clenched my fists angrily. "None of your fucking business!" I yelled, focusing my gaze on Oliver. "You did this," I added quietly as I turned and started walking. "I'm getting the hell out of here one way or another!"

"Okay, yeah I know this was me" I said, trying to agree with her, and talking in as soothing a tone as possible "But we can take you to the exit. We were just going there now. There's a map and everything. Just, please let him look a-" I was interrupted as I spoke by Tobias who had just pulled out a gun. Without an explanation, he shot Seraphine in the arm with a dart that looked to have pretty much instant effects. "She was endangering herself, Oliver" he said, as he stashed the gun away "We need to get her arm stitched up before it gets infected or she bleeds out, so it needed to happen. Now help me take her to the medical wing."

Sarah jumped at the sudden yelling, she had not expected Seraphine to ever act like this. She wanted to walk after the girl but then Tobias pulled the trigger, scaring her even more. What was going on? Just a couple of minutes ago everything was still fine. She had been right all along, these weren't good people, they had to get out of here! Sarah fisted the map in her hand, they all had to get out of here before try got killed.

Je suis Charlie

I turned away from everyone and kept walking angrily. "All of you can go to he-" I was cut off by a sharp pain in my arm. Before I knew it, everything went blurry and I was on the ground. The last thing I heard was Tobias' voice before I went unconscious.

Tobias tried to calm the situation down as he saw the panic in both my and Sarah's eyes. "Okay guys, please just calm down, I know how this may look" he said, gesturing to Seraphine's unconscious body "I simply decided to carry the dart gun around on the first few days that you guys were here for this exact situation. In case one of you, or all of you, freaked out and became a danger to yourselves or to others. Now, we can sit here and talk about it all day, but we need to get this girl tended to. I've ringed some of the medics with my beeper to bring a stretcher." As he had finished speaking, the medics came around the corner and were already hoisting her body onto the stretcher and carrying her off, with Tobias on their tail. I decided that I needed to go with them, because this was mainly my fault, but I wasn't really sure whether Sarah would come or not. "Shes probably gonna need the support" I said, gesturing for her to follow as I made my way towards Tobias and the medics.

Sarah nodded at Oliver and followed after him. Didn't mean that she liked it though, but she had to talk to him. "We have to get out of here." She mumbled as they walked. "We can still train and save the world on our own terms." She said softly. They all had to get out of here.

Je suis Charlie

I walked alongside Sarah, a bit confused by what she was saying, but I couldn't say that I completely disagreed. "We can't make a decision based on just this incident." I said, looking down at my feet as I walked "This thing is pretty much all my fault, and I'll talk to you about why that is a little later, but I do see what you're saying. I haven't fully trusted this place since the moment we stepped in, but I say we give them a week or so to prove that they are genuine, and if not, we head for the hills and try and do this think on our own. How bout it?"

"It's not your fault, Oliver, unless you actually cut her arm. I don't care what is going on between you, but don't blame yourself for what she did to herself." Sarah said as they walk. "I can wait a week, but if something like this happens again, then we need to be ready to run. Shooting one of us is not okay and I won't stand for it. They better have something up their sleeve to prove that they don't want to murder us because first thing they did was lock us up, now this, so they better prove that we can trust them."

"Thanks" I muttered, still feeling like it was mostly my fault but the support from someone else helping a lot "And speaking of this place being untrustworthy, I really need someone that I can trust beyond a shadow of a doubt in this place, someone that I can talk to about anything, and with Seraphine hating me and me not really knowing the others, I think the best person for me to turn to is you. I'm not saying I know you yet, but I'm saying I need to get to know you somehow so that we can each have someone in this place that we can really trust. What do ya say? I may seem like a bit of an asshole, but I'm not that bad, I promise."

Sarah was quite surprised when Oliver said that he could trust her or at least try to. "You're not as bad as you think you are so stop blaming yourself for things that happen to other people." She said. "You can trust me if I can trust you. You might seem like an asshole sometimes and I look like a bitch sometimes, I don't care as long as I can trust you. Eventually we all have to trust each other anyways." She smirked and stopped at the medic office. "So what now?" She asked and turned to look at him.

Je suis Charlie

"I guess we just wait outside until they have any news" I said, gesturing to rhe waiting room chairs and going to sit in one "I had a feeling this thing with Seraphine wouldn't end very well for some reason. I guess I was right. It was just a stupid thing that we did cause we were both feeling vulnerable. Anyway, I just hope she hasn't got any serious injuries."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back