• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Everyone says Himbo but no one says Byembo :( (Specific craving inside)

Hello everyone! I'm Nebyulaen, or Nebby! Imma be honest, I have a very specific craving that I am just dying to do.

But before that, here is a little bit about me!
-I am 21 years old and am in my final year of my bachelor's (Communications with the intention of pursuing editorial work, if you're curious)
-I am currently working a part-time job alongside going to school full time, so I won't be able to reply every day. (I will try to reply as much as I can though)
-I have not RPed for over a year due to my busy schedule, so I am a bit rusty. However, I love writing and I believe that I can get back into the swing of things rather quickly!
- I am advanced lit. Usually my responses will consist of a handful of paragraphs, perhaps more depending on how passionate I am in the moment

What I am looking for in you!
-You are 18+. Sorry, I'm not comfortable with RPing with minors.
-You can reply a couple of times a week, no rush or pressure to do so daily. I can't, so I don't expect you to.
-You can write a couple paragraphs in response to mine. I love writing and I love seeing how others handle prose. Hit me with your walls of text

The Rp in question!

F! An extremely well-learned mage (me) X M! someone who doesn't know shit (or cares to know) about magic (you)

I would absolutely adore exploring this dynamic! Of course, this would be a fantasy setting, however I wanted to go down a 'realistic' magic route. Meaning, I really want to try developing a magic system with defined rules that establishes consistency. I think it would be fun to try developing this magic through the ramblings of a magic nerd.

For the plot, I was thinking of there being some sort of magic crisis? Mages abusing some underhanded tactics to make themselves more powerful and inadvertently causing a horrific amount of trouble because of it. Maybe dragging over eldritch beings into the mortal world, corrupting the landscape and forcing the non-mages to clean up after them? Towns being overrun and forcing villagers to form caravans to move toward safer areas, people rejecting the old gods in favor of making eldritch cults, etc. I'd love to bounce ideas off each other!

Setting-wise, I was thinking of some sort of gritty medieval vibe. Kinda like the Witcher? I think grit makes stories 10x better. I think having some sort of absolute-ruler sort of magical institution would make things neat, one that's extremely oppressive over mages.

As for the characters, I'm gonna be upfront and say that I am an absolute sap for slow-burn romances. Opposites attract gets me even harder. So romance is a must for me.

If you're interested, hit me with a PM! Thanks for reading!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back