• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic Every Sci-Fi RP Ever...Except it isn't. xD

CallmeMyth

Ruler of Twilight
Hello everyone,

So, I've had the muse for a sci-fi RP for a very long time, and I wanted to ask if anyone here would be willing to collaborate with me? I don't typically write sci-fi, as I normally prefer to write pure fantasy or fan-fiction. So this will be an entirely new experience for me, and I'm really looking forward to it! I would prefer to mix some elements of fantasy into the overall world-building process, so if you prefer to RP a mix of sci-fi and fantasy yourself, then we would probably make the perfect RP partners!

Just to give you guys a brief description of the plot I had in mind, the setting will take place in a universe where humanity has been in a large galactic civil war with man-made AI. In this universe, mankind believes in the concept of a "unified religion," or none at all. There is a big social justice issue between people who believe in this unified religion, and the people who create AI for the purpose of "evolving and furthering humanity."

This will be only one part of the overall story, but I did intend for it to become the main focus in the ending. That being said, I would still be very willing to work with someone to branch the story out a lot further. So if you would like to help me develop the universe's politics, that would be great!

As I mentioned, I prefer a mix of fantasy and sci fi in the plot to keep things interesting. I have been playing around with the idea that humans can wield "magic," which is said to originate from their spiritual energy. Aka the fact that they have a "soul." This will be similar to the concepts of chi, chakra, or ki. Some humans cannot wield magic at all, however, which some people (mostly scientists) claim disproves the connection between magic and a person's spirit.

There will be complex concepts explored in this RP, such as religion, intergalactic politics and persecution, as well as war.

Some of the most enhanced AI will be engineered to wield magic, but mechs and other types of machinery typically are not manufactured to use magic at all. I am willing to be somewhat lenient here, it really all depends on the situation.

I think it would also be really fun to include other intergalactic races or species in the RP, as well! And you are welcome to roleplay as another species if you would like to.

If you are interested in working with me on this, please PM me and feel free to share any of your own ideas with me! This will be a combined effort, so if you also have a sci-fi itch that you'd like to scratch, or any ideas that you haven't been able to find a partner to share with, I would love to hear them!

Some popular sci-fi games/media that I intend to draw inspiration from when writing this story will be the Fallout games, the Mass Effect series, and Star Wars.

My main reason for wanting to start my own rp/world instead of joining someone else's, is because I have an original idea for a character whose name is Aelita Cerys. I am seeking to start an RP where I can develop her character without trying to conform her to the plot elements of a different universe than the one I have envisioned. If you are interested, I would love to tell you more about her!

Some concept art ideas for Aelita:

Cyborg awakening.jpg
Alita battle angel.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back