• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic Escaping a Space-Age Cult

hEMbo

Back from the dead
You were born on the Firmament. A once hostile world free of the moral rot of the rest of humanity. Here, a man named Augustine Johnson led his family and a group of loyal followers to live in seclusion from the outside world, except for the occasional supply run by off-worlder merchants. There was no need for humanity when they had rejected Augustine and his enlightenment. Together, him and his followers built a small underground commune that they carved out of the rocks and sealed from the toxic atmosphere outside. They also built four large greenhouses that are on the surface, where the people on the firmament can grow crops, raise livestock, and purify their water. It is a perfect subsistence utopia. Unfortunately, around 4 years ago, Augustine died in a terrible accident when he left the commune with a faulty EVA suit and tragically was poisoned by the carbon dioxide in the air. Since then, his son, a wise and benevolent man named Moses has taken over leadership of the colony.

Moses, in his great foresight and caution, has now reduced supply runs that might corrupt the flock, and forbidden only but a select righteous few from meeting with the merchants and collecting the rare supply runs. Times have been hard since Augustine died, with limited food and water supplies for the commune due to a slight shortage of things needed for repairs and an epidemic of laziness around the commune, but every good disciple knows that times of want are sent as a test of faith, and those without faith should be punished accordingly.

Warm.png

As I'm sure you have figured out, this RP would be about a cult of personality that has isolated itself from all outside influences. There are around 200 people who live there and not one of them, except for the unimpressionable Moses, have access to any outside communication, media, or technology, except what is absolutely necessary. Most of the older members of the community, the original followers of Augustine, were women. Back in the day, Augustine had very strict rules for which women could and could not have children and be married, usually only the women who had not yet laid with a man were the only ones worthy of marriage. But Augustine still let these impure women have children, using what he called the power of God. Usually it would entail him himself impregnating the woman and either convincing them to stay silent or roofieing them. And then, in his infinite kindness he would adopt said children, so most of the young people on the firmament are Augustine’s children, and older men are rare. Both Augustine and Moses was and are extremely abusive, and known to torture, starve, or brand anyone who disobeys or acts out. Despite all this cruelty, however, some people are taken with their charm, and truly believe the pseudo-Christianity that claims that God was an alien and morality is genetic.

The story starts when a much needed supply run encounters a rough storm and crashes on the planet, injuring some of the pilots, and damaging much of the supplies. The pilots said an emergency radio was ejected from their craft and used automated parachutes to float to safety several kilometers away from the settlement, which Moses has forbidden anyone to retrieve, but that even if the radio is not used, people will come to save them. Moses tells everyone he has not decided what to do about the pilots or the radio, but anyone that speaks to them will be punished. So, what do you do? Do you want to retrieve the radio by stealing EVA suits and tell the outside world of what the Firmament is really like, or do you want to wait till help arrives and try to overpower Moses and his devout followers so you can escape? Or reversely, are you one of those devout followers who will try to stop the people trying to flee?

Little about me: I was really active on RPnation for a while, there were a lot of changes on the site in 2017 I think so I left for a long time and so I might be a little rusty on etiquette and stuff (and definitely code/making things look nice) but I like writing and really that's what matters to me. Also some details of this basic plot might change when I actually make the RP but this is just a baseline to determine how appealing the basic idea is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back