• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Equinox [Rae & Mei]

"You should invite her over, she seems nice to you.." He said, wanting Rae to be happy and have someone close to her other than him. "What..? You don't know what home feels like? What do you mean..?" He asked, tilting his head slightly. He liked how Rae was comfortable to be acting like herself around him. He felt better now that he was with her, it felt like he was becoming human again.

"Maybe," She nodded, considering it though she wasn't sure Eve would like Rae's lifestyle.

"Oh, I just..." She pondered for a moment. "This is the fourteenth school district I've been enrolled in... And we've moved from state to state, city to city. I'm not trying to wine, I just honestly don't know what homes like. I feel..."

She sighed, this was usually where she lost people. She didn't want Edward it leave if she opened up; then again, better she test the friendship. "I feel... like I've always belonged somewhere else. I'm so out of my comfort zone with students and teenagers, I'm more of a... Classical, renaissance, road trip lover. And I know, I know, you're going to say I'm just overreacting and enjoy your school experience. But it's different with me. It's more than not fitting in, I don't... Belong anywhere."

By then she was clutching a pillow to her chest, her eyes on the floor as she didn't expect him to stick around for her thinking out loud. "I keep... Searching for something. Can't say I'll ever find it."

Edward tilted his head. So interesting and beautiful to him. "It feels like you're living out of a suitcase huh..? I understand what you mean. You feel more mature than you really are, why not just do this in the summer? Go where you want to go then come back. If you didn't find anything, go back again in the summer. Once High School is over, you can do whatever you want really. You may feel like you don't fit in..maybe you're looking at the situation in the wrong way...Someone always fits in somewhere. Even if it's not here." He responded, sighing to himself. It sounded like a lecture he needed to hear himself, someone should be telling him this. Edward had been tired of being alone, he was glad that he was with Rae. He wanted to make her feel a little better.

"Mmm... I don't know. I don't want to go on a trip alone, honestly. And knowing me, once I start driving I'm not going to come back," She laughed lightly, as if the very thought brought her to life. "I can already hear that revv of the engine, feel the tires spinning beneath me, AC/DC droning on the radio with the windows rolled down, heading to only God knows where, leaving everyone behind for a while..."

"I need someone who's as lonely as me and adventurous, who doesnt mind... Getting lost in the right direction." She sighed heavily, knowing she was just dreaming. But it felt good to share with him, he seemed to empathize.

"What about you? What do you with you could do?" She asked, flashing him a sweet smile.

Edward thought for a moment of what he could do. He wasn't really the type to listen to AC/DC... He was more of a classical and old blues, jazz and R&B type of guy. He sighed to himself. "I just want to make others happy and do whatever I want once I'm out of high school. Just want to get away really but then have my family close when they need more or when I need them." He said, thinking about going away to an island or something.

"Mmm, well, good luck to us both then," She said with a sigh, and then suddenly rose to her feet.

"Oh, how rude," She smiled apologetically. "Did you want a tour of the apartment? Restroom? Something to eat? Here I am going on about about myself... I'm not used to company." She admitted, adjusting her tank top strap whilst she walked over to her door and slipped some fuzzy slippers on.

(Sorry these are considerably shorter I'm on my phone. Let me know when you want to swap. Maybe Edward stays for a movie night cause her mom is working late?)

"Apartment..? Wouldn't your parents get mad? I'd rather stay here actually." He said, looking over at her. Edward kept leaning on the wall, not wanting to move anywhere, it seemed that the conversation from before went sour. He then thought back to what she said before: Good luck to us both then.. Huh, was she not interested in Edward? Edward put the thought back in his head and looked over at her.

"Parent, I've only got my mom. She wouldn't be mad, but you don't have to." She told him, and then went to sit back down, this time sitting cross legged on the bed.

She tilted her head, hearing just a tidbit of his thoughts and shaking her head. That's not what she'd meant at all, she just didn't know... Ugh. She ran her fingers through her hair.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to come across as indifferent. I just..." She sighed. "Oh, Edward... If you ever wanna go on a road trip with me you're more than welcome." She told him, unaware o whether or not she was responding this words or his thoughts. He'd say something wouldn't he?

"Oh..Sorry. I just assumed." Edward said as he watched her move back to the bed. Edward had seen Rae look a bit frustrated. Oh no...please don't read his thoughts.. His eyes widened a little as she was telling him about what he thought before. Frustration was built inside of him but he remained calm. "Stop reading my mind. I feel like I can't think." He said, just plain and simply said.

Rae rolled her eyes, looking at him incredulously as she responded, "It's not like I do it on purpose, I can't turn you off. I don't even know what's your thoughts or your voice anymore, it's all the same to me."

"And your always so easily frustrated with me, I don't even know what I did," She mumbled honestly, though she didn't want what she said or inadvertently did to cause him to leave. With Edward, it was like she was gripping onto air, obviously he was there, somewhere, but not tangible enough to rely on or expect.

"...Can you read mine?" She asked, As if the subject wasn't a big deal to her at all. Gifts and the paranormal didn't surprise her at all, she'd actually grown up around it.

Edward had focused on Rae. He knew he had to lie. Especially if this would make her suspicious of him. "No, I can't read yours." He said. "I'm only frustrated because it's annoying how anytime I think of something to myself, you respond to it." He said, sighing to himself heavily. "I'm not mad, just I feel like I don't have a personal life that much." He said, looking away.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back