• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Equinox [Rae & Mei]

Edward had found himself looking at this girl staring right back at him. It made him a little embarrassed inside, being caught staring at this beauty.

"No, unless you feel uncomfortable.." He responded. "Just not really used to...new people join. Most of the new people don't end up in my class, so it's nice to see a new face.." He said, giving a small smile.

Slowly, he kept his breath but also moved his shoulder and chest to make it seem like he was a normal, breathing human. Then he had looked back at the teacher. Even though he liked Biology, he didn't really like the teacher. He knew more than him of course but Mr. Crocker just wasn't interesting when he taught. Edward rolled his eyes, thinking about him.

She mirrored his small smile, her gaze softening as she noted just how handsome he was. It was... ethereal. "Looks like we're partners, then. Call me Rae," She hummed mallifluously, before, half heartedly, she returned what little attention she'd spared, back to the teacher.

Rather closely beside her, she heard the Cullen boy murmuring, a lot of which she didn't quite catch, but she could put together that he believed he could teach the class far better than Crocker, and that he simply didn't find him interesting. She giggled a little, nodding her head in agreement while she whispered in response. "I usually feel I'd teach the class better, too, especially English. The teachers I've had so far are dull, and act superior, which is infuriating for someone like me."

Not to mention this one looks like a garden gnome, she thought, rolling her eyes as the man passed out crossword puzzle packets filled with missing words they'd have to find in the glossary of their biology text books, each student with their partner, and have it finished by the end of the week.

"Alright Rae..I'm Edward. Edward Cullen." He said. As he looked at the teacher, he looked over at Rae again and heard what she told him. His eyes widened a little as he didn't say anything before. It was exactly what he thought. Was it the way he looked at the teacher that made her guess that way? No...she clearly wasn't a vampire like him.. How could she read his mind?

Edward had listened to her thoughts but didn't make a comment on it, only chuckled quietly to himself about it. She's interesting....

Just when Rae had started to relax in her seat, the presence beside her as comforting as if she were sitting next to a family member, she heard the shuffle of papers and the ear piercing screech of chairs being scooted across the room. The bell rang abruptly, and the classroom began to file out, ignoring Crocker who instructed them to arrive on time for a movie tomorrow.

"Ugh, is there really another class after this?" She murmured, but when she remembered it was art, she visibly calmed. She lightly tapped Edward's shoulder as she passed him, feeling tingles shoot up her soft fingers as she did. "Well, see you later, Edward. Nice talking with you."

(I figure you can finish his thought and then head into Avas pov again? Not sure if you want to skip or have her bump into Jasper at the end of the day/last period. (: )

(Sure! I'll write both of their POV's then I'll think of something ^^ Since bio ended, I'm just going to skip Jasper and Ava's English class and we can do that in the next school day!)

Edward had felt the tap of his shoulder, looking over at Rae. He nodded his head and watched her walk away. "She's really something to already start touching me.." He said, half-chuckling to himself and shaking his head. Slowly, he got up and started heading to his last class, contemporary and classical music. One of the classes he chose because he loves listening and playing the piano. He likes almost any kind of music but he loves instrumental types of music. It comforted him and made him feel human again.

He finally made his way into the class room and sat down, looking around at the instruments on the wall. Smiling to himself as he thought about the music and Rae.

~Ava~

As English was finally over, Ava had smiled warmly and waved at Jasper as she left the room. They talked a little in English but Jasper seemed quiet and she didn't want to push him into talking if he didn't want to. Feeling very happy inside, Ava was finally getting to her favorite class. Literature but also known as Creative Writing. Ava had loved writing about almost anything. She could write sad and happy poems, scary and unique stories, etc. Writing was a passion for Ava and this year, she wanted to get in the school newspaper or even published. Slowly, she was walking down the hallway, zoning out about creative writing. Today was a good day, her heart was even fluttering because of Jasper.

It was a chilly, rainy Friday morning in Forks, a light drizzle looming over the high school, causing students to drive more cautiously, take refuge within corridors, and sprint across campus underneath jacket shields and umbrellas. Rain drops pounded on the pavement, splashing rapidly and leaving it slick, smooth and shiny underneath a sky filled with silvery clouds.

The Cullens welcomed the weather as they exited their gradiloquent vehicles, murmuring at volumes the surrounding human students were oblivious to, lips moving at a speed that made it seem as if they'd never spoken a word. Among the ethereal family was Jasper, who'd been less engrossed in the conversations between his siblings as they'd emerged from their automobiles, and suddenly more interested in the fact that the rain nullified the usual mortal aromas, therefore, he couldn't confirm whether or not Ava had arrived. Though it'd officially been five days since they'd met, and within the week he'd gradually, albeit timidly, acknowledged and interacted with her, his odd curiosity regarding her whereabouts when he arrived at the school never failed to confuse him; the others disapproved greatly, though Alice couldn't help but reveal she'd seen them together again, nor could Edward be hypocritical when he, too, had a female of interest.

"Be good today," Alice chirped, twirling past him alongside Edward. Jasper rolled his eyes.

Hair damp and skin slightly glistening, the five approached the campus, parting ways, one by one, until Jasper was treading the outer campus alone, eyes wide and searching, though he remained calm and seemingly disinterested. As his golden eyes scanned the premises, he felt the edge of his lips twitch upwards at the sight of Edward's mystery girl, standing in the midst of the senior park, head tilted back and her eyes closed whilst the rain promptly soaked her, head to toe.

Oddball, he titled her, smirking a bit before he started back down the corridor towards his first class, assuming Ava couldn't be far.

Sadly, Ava was running a bit late for school. Today, he dad didn't let her use the car because he had to do some things. So unfortunately, Ava had to walk to school. It was a while away but not too far. She had to run and she had to run as fast as he could because of this rain. Ava didn't mind the rain, she only liked it when it was nice and warm out. During the summers she loved the rain. On a nice, hot day it would dry her out then it would rain. It would cool her off and also make her feel better. However any other time it would rain when it wouldn't be as hot, Ava would dislike it greatly. "Good thing its Friday..!" She said to herself as she ran.

About fifteen minutes passed, Ava had hurt herself while she was running. She tripped and fell on some rocks. It only scratched her legs up but she got a small, horizontal cut on her cheek. It was under her eye a little but Ava didn't even notice. Finally, she had come to school. Panting and limping. She now had ripped up jeans with dirt covering her knees. Ava still looked cute however, it's not like she looked ugly when she was hurt. She only looked ugly when she cried. Slowly, she started walking up the stairs and made it inside. Only a few minutes to put things inside her locker and get to class.

Upon entering the corridors, Jasper had caught no scent of Ava, just the less appealing, diverse mix of perfumes, cologne and blood that usually lingered within the school buildings. With vampiric speed, he'd bolted down every hall at least twice, never once coming across her aroma, and as he continued his search as he had plenty of free time, he soon came to realize there were just a few moments before the bell left.

It was then that he became attuned to the distant, fluttering heartbeat of the girl he'd met Monday. He honed into it with ease, her scent wafting towards him whilst she seemingly struggled to get to her locker. Within seconds, he'd appeared within the same hallway as Ava. He remained calm, collected and composed ad he gently approached her, a bit stiff as he held his breath again, but his eyes narrowed in curiosity and concern to find her not as put together as she'd been the day before.

"Ava? Are you alright?" He inquired a bit suddenly, noting the brushed dirt on her clothing and the imperfections of a presumed trip that imprinted on her features. He chuckled lightly, though it was weary, "Am I safe to assume rainy mornings aren't your cup of tea, either?"

Ava had giggled and nodded her head. "Thanks. I'm good with rainy mornings when it's warm out." Ava had opened her locker and started putting her jacket away and taking a few books out. She had giggled while she thought about his comment. "Yea, plus I'm a bit of a klutz. So you could say that mother nature and I do not cope well for weather or basically anything." Ava giggled. "Can't wait for the winter to come up, I can freeze and slip at the same time." She added, laughing more.

Looking in her backpack to see if she could find her bookmark, she had felt something like rain slid down her cheek. She quickly wiped it away until she noticed that it was blood. "W-what the heck?" She said. Ava took out her pocket mirror and looked at herself. "Oh no...I got my face...I hope it won't scar." She said, discouraged. Ava sighed to herself, putting the mirror away.

"Oh no...I got my face...I hope it won't scar."

In a flash, he went from standing, frozen solid, beside Ava, to being whisked out of the corridor at a speed invisible to the naked eye, and abruptly dragged several miles from the school, within a forested landscape, enveloping four drenched vampires in both the shadows of towering evergreens and a non stop down pour of rain.

"Jasper!" Alice beckoned amidst the rain, "You need to calm down!"

Through his hissing and writhing he hardly heard the piercing, silvery voice. Edward and Emmett held him down, combined, he wouldn't be slipping away, though occasionally he'd nearly gotten loose and, consequentially, received quite the rough handling from his brothers.

"Damn it, Jazz," Edward hissed. "You've got to try harder!"

"I am!" Jasper growled, his internal conflict raging on. Emmett snarled, pinning him down further.

"I almost saw you two, too soon," Alice sighed, fingers on her temples as she seemingly replayed her vision to herself. "We've really got to improve your self control..."

"I... I know," Jasper, gradually, calmed, regaining his train of thought though his throat burned like hells fire. His brothers grips never loosened, fearing the man would return to the school and be the reason for another uprooting, not to mention murder. "I'm... I'm fine, I just... got too comfortable."

"I'll say," His eyes cast upwards to meet Rosalies incriminating gaze.

"You're late. We could have used you." Edward said in disbelief.

"I knew I wouldn't miss anything."

"Did Ava...-" Alice cut Jasper off.

"I told her you're a hemophobe and we had to get you outside before you fainted or whatever," She waved his question off.

(So, I figure Jasper will recuperate, insist on attending class, but has to promise that he'll go hunting over the weekend for the sake of prevention. Yeah?)

(Sure!)

After Alice left Ava behind alone, she sighed to herself. 'Better not be around Jasper when I cut myself then.' She sighed. Ava felt bad, who knew such a good looking and proper man would be so afraid...of blood? Ava shook her head and decided to clean herself up, she went to the nurse with her bags and got a small bandage for her cheek. She then cleaned up her knees and made sure that she looked clean and presentable. Looking out the windows as she was walking down the hall, clearly the rain didn't slow down. It was only picking up.

Still thinking about Jasper, she sat down in her first period class. Maybe she could talk to him again when she sees him in her next class. Ava was debating whether or not to bring the subject up, she didn't want to push Jasper on touchy topics. As she waited class to start, she pulled out one of her favorite Manga's: Vampire Knight. Ava was a 'nerd' that loved anime and reading manga. It was just one of her favorite things in life. She already read Vampire Knight but she just loved the series so much that this was her fifth time reading it. Honestly, she had a crush for Zero in the book. He was a Vampire that tried to hide it from his best friend, but she supported him and let him drink her blood until they were forced to be separated. However, they got back together again in the end and lived happily ever after. Ava loved the action, supernatural, and romance in this book. Too bad there is no such thing as Vampires.

Through compromise, Carlisle managed to get Jasper to return home, long enough for him to really calm down, though his son insisted he return for the last couple classes at Forks High once he did. Bewildered, hesitant yet assured by his (weary) children they could handle him, the Cullens were back at the high school, just after the lunch bell.

He slipped into his shared class with Ava, eager to see how she reacted upon the knowledge that Alice had sugar coated for her. He mentally cursed at the very idea of him being homophobic, it was ridiculous and the furthest from the truth; though he knew it was also perfect, and completely eased him out of the corner he'd backed himself into.

Nestled, yet stiffly so, in his seat beside Ava, he awaited her arrival, eyes discreetly scanning the oncoming wave of pubescent teenagers from within the threshold.

"Don't do anything stupid, Jasper." He heard Alice growl, and he only nodded, for what would he do?

As Ava made sure she was cleaned up again, she looked at the bandage on her face. "Oh..I look like an idiot..." She said to herself, looking in the mirror. Once she said this, she yawned to herself. 'So tired...' She thought. Maybe in her next class, she would fall asleep since Jasper wasn't there. As she left the girl's restroom, she had went to her locker, packing for her next class and putting away books she didn't need. At least it was the weekend soon.

Down the hallway, Ava had slowly treaded. Finally, she got to her classroom. Ready to pass out since she was only going to read some story in English class today. She yawned to herself and then looked up, noticing Jasper was there. She gave a small smile as she sat down and nodded her head.

"Sorry about this morning, didn't know you were a homophobic. Won't happen again." She said, in a small smile.

Ava then looked over, away from Jasper and had her arms on the desk. She had put her head down on her arms and kept her eyes faintly open. Her arms were warm and comfortable, plus the teacher didn't come in yet.

"It's no fault of yours. It's a... rare condition, I have." Jasper spoke low and calm, still rather stiff, though he didn't breath, so she wasn't at risk, and he wasn't salivating. He was unable to deny the contentment that accompanied the acknowledgement of her presence, it was relieving, and seemed light hearted and lacking the depth and complexities of that which he revolved around at home, in a life so private, to be treated somewhat... normal, was both refreshing, and such an obvious fallacy he was fully embracing.

He inwardly sighed, eyes darkening a shade as they left the silvery overcast emanating from the cloud outside from the window, and fell to Ava, a softness glazing over what had been alertness as he concluded she truely wasn't a morning person.

"Luckily there's only two classes left, mmm?" With a timber soft and low, he continued, albeit nonchalantly. "...What are your plans for the weekend?"

"Don't you dare pry, you'll be camping," he heard Edward growl, guttural and irate, as if Jasper was really striking a chord with him. Be it intrigue or masochism, your interests end within the campus, Jazz.

I know,
the man thought with a grimace, knowing his subtle interactions with this human would... well, only ever be that. Subtle. Interactive. With limits dyed red like her blood he could smell miles away.

Ava had smiled to herself and turned her head to face him. She had already gotten dark circles under her eyes. Maybe it was because she stayed up too late during the weekdays..Ava had looked up at Jasper and tried to think of what she was going to do.

"For the weekend...I'll probably sleep. School wipes me out completely. But..Sleep, do homework, maybe hang out with some friends or just roam around town. Maybe read. What about you?"

She asked, smiling lightly. Ava had thought about what Jasper said, two classes left. She sighed at the thought. She just wanted school to be over now so she can sleep until the afternoon of tomorrow. If she couldn't survive the first week of school, she wasn't going to survive at all. High school was her enemy, it stopped her from all the fun things she wanted to do. Of course, most of those things she liked to do during the day. Or she wanted to learn a different language instead of Spanish. However, the languages she always wanted to try, the school never provided the course and she still had to stay in the Spanish course. Well, once she gets out of high school, she'll just do what she wants when she goes to College. College...Ava hasn't even started thinking about college yet.

Jasper felt his brows furrow as she pondered on his question, feeling the mix of emotions, mostly anticipation and lethargy, that resided within her. As she answered, he paid more attention than he had to, something he found himself doing in her presence, which confused him, but came naturally.

"Sounds like your typical weekend," he laughed lightly, though the humor felt foreign, as he hardly did any of those things, especially the sleep she so obviously enjoyed. "Oh, my... family and I will be camping around the national parks, it's a... tradition."

At least I'm not lying, he thought to himself, and frowned when his siblings all snickered in response. He eyed the clock, surprised to find himself both anxious to get away and dreading the blare, for an entire forty eight hours and more would leave him time to be trapped in his thoughts, a majority of which circled around this single human, which was baffling.

"That's nice.. I've never gone camping before." Ava smiled. Then she started laughing at his joke. "Usually for the first couple weeks of school, I don't do much. Then as time goes on, I get busy and start to enjoy the year a little more. Then it goes back to normal for the last weeks of school." She said laughing.

Ava had noticed the teacher came in and started complaining about children in his class sleeping. She knew he was referencing to her and sat up. He was staring at her and the rest of the class was too. Her face grew red and she started laughing awkwardly.

"Oh...ah...I was just looking for a pencil. That's all..!" She said, knowing that her excuse was absolutely horrible. Ava wanted to slap herself for being so oblivious to her surroundings. She had put her palm in her face and sighed. "Oh well, guess I'll sleep later instead of getting embarrassed." She said to herself.

Jasper chuckled a bit, shaking his head at the quirkiness of Ava and then letting his eyes fall to his unused notebook. "I see."

It'd been a while since he'd actually felt the twinge of inspiration to write, those painful years where the romance of writing mattered to him long left behind peeked at him through the minute blue lines and their vacant, white margins.

With a swift notion, he lifted his pen and pressed it to the first page, ink gracing the surface, though he'd yet to actually write anything. Word by word, the vocabulary of a true immortal resurfaced within his mind, and as he listened to her fluttering heart beat and the roar of traffic outside of the campus, he felt the white noise will him to bring words into the silence, a language he manipulated well soon spilling into visible, printed letters upon his paper.

Blush, flutter, giggle, flustered, he jotted down that which came to him in the simplest adjectives, slowly escalating in speech, silvery, tintinnabulation, farouche, sunny...

~Edward~

A few weeks had passed. Rae had seem to become more beautiful everyday in Edward's cold eyes. He had felt himself becoming slowly attached to her even though he tried to fight it. Talking to her everyday made him feel almost human again. However, he had gotten dirty looks from Alice and Jasper. Alice had been seeing the future however Jasper was mad at him because Alice was giving him more of a hard time than Alice gave him one. Edward laughed at the thought. Alice treated Jasper like a child while he was treated like the top dog. Edward had seen who Jasper was interested in. Clumsy. He called her. After seeing her wanting to sleep and almost getting hurt every week, she was a klutz.

Walking down the hallway, he had seen Rae and smiled to himself. However, he just passed Rae and started heading to his first class, a little happy inside that he'll be seeing her soon. He had overheard one of his teachers talking about a project. You had to research something and maybe have to go to some places to find out more about the assignment. Hopefully he can get paired with Rae. Edward had sighed to himself, knowing full well that this would be bad or something bad could happen however, he just wanted something good to be with him in his never-ending life.

Your lips feel warm to the touch

You can bring me back to life

On the outside you're ablaze and alive

But you're dead inside

With lithe steps, the brunette graced the halls, a breeze within the shroud of students, a black sheep within a systematic herd. As always, music resonated within her mind between the speakers of her headphones, the bass dramatic and drowning out the cacophony of students she passed, but didn't want to hear. There were few individuals she paid mind to, all others were mere silhouettes in a building she was confined to on the weekdays; Evelyn, whom she'd come to consider a real friend, and the Cullens, of whom she always amiable acknowledged, though Edward the one that preoccupied her mind more than she'd like to admit. Though she knew better, inevitably, Rae was growing attached to him; someone who likely thought of anything but her outside of their partnership. Though that plausible truth was disheartening, her cravings for a real relationship overpowered the odds, thus, she was excited to attend class, if only to see him again.

Peering through the door and inwardly feeling the wave of relief at the sight of him, she took to her seat quickly, offering him a half smile, one of both exhilaration at the sight of him, and discouragement at the delusion she'd allowed herself to fall victim to.

"Hey you," She greeted, flipping open her binder which, though it held all of her work, it was over run by doodles and sketches, most of which made the notes she'd taken seem miniscule. She turned her music down low, legs kicked up under the empty seat in front of her, arms resting lightly on her stomach.

Edward had given Rae a small smile and a gentle nod. "Hey." He noticed that she had been listening to music. Tilting his head slowly, in a bit of confusion. He looked down at her notebook filled with doodles and sketches all over. Edward chuckled to himself, shaking his head lightly and took his gaze from her notebook back to her eyes.

"I don't understand how you can listen to music and people at the same time. It'd distract me too much." He chuckled to himself. Edward had looked at her notebook again and was distracted by listening to her leg moving back and forth. It was so distracting for him, being able to hear every noise she was making. Sometimes, he had to leave class in the past because she couldn't keep still without tapping a pencil or kicking her legs.

Free me from this world

I don't belong here

It was a mistake imprisoning my soul

Can you free me

Free me from this world

Rae's smile fell, "Does it bother you? 'Could have just said so.. Sheesh, and here I thought you were leaving the class cause you needed air."

Quickly, she switched her music off, her body tense, but still, and her awareness attuned gradually to her surroundings, which made her uncomfortable. "Distraction is what I need, and music is the anecdote. It nullifies... everything else."

Thoughts, feelings, anxiety. All the girls glaring at me for talking with you, she thought with a roll of her eyes, though she was brought out of her contemplative state when the teacher walked in, immediately blabbering on about the project they were being assigned today. He wanted each pair to find something of significance within Washington state to write a several page report about, complete with picture references, citations, and so on. He pulled out a chart on a wooden clipboard, and went down the list of classmates, pairing them based off of who he thought would work best together, not who wanted to work together the most.

"Mr. Cullen, and miss Evans," He called out, giving them an odd look, as if he thought this would be a challenge for them. Rae exhaled, in fear she'd be matched with one of the players, or preppy kids who sat across from her.

"It doesn't bother me. Was just asking really.." Edward said, not really trying to make it offend her. Edward had read her thoughts. Why not tune them out then? They're just people and feelings can be controlled. He thought to himself. Distraction can be found by talking to others or just finding something else. He added.

Edward had looked up, sighing as he saw the teacher talking about a project. He looked around the room, already knowing that Emmett and Rosalie were going to be partners. They probably were just going to use a project that they had done in the past. However, reading the teachers mind..he already knew he was going to be partners with Rae. He chuckled to himself silently as he looked down at the desk.

"Mr. Cullen and Miss Evans...you two are going to be partners." He said, finishing his sentence. Edward had nodded his head and sat back in his seat, looking out the window with the usual weather. Gloomy, cloudy...crappy weather.

"Hah, feelings can be controlled? Not so easy for an Empath," She finally said as he gave her mumbled suggestions (she had no idea he was just thinking it at the moment), at a volume only he would hear. "And just whom would it be that I talk to, to distract myself, Edward? If you haven't noticed, I don't have a vicinity of friends. I hardly have acquaintances."

"Miss Evans, have you something to share with the class?" Asked the older man, his eyes sharp as they met hers with disapproval.

She simply pursed her lip and locked her gaze with the pencil on her desk, refusing to answer. When he turned away, she scowled, idiot.

Edward's eyes widened a little. 'What the hell?' He thought again. D-did she just listen to his thoughts..? Or was Edward going crazy and actually said what he thought. He looked back at Emmett and saw that of course he wasn't paying any attention. Edward rolled his eyes.. Why was Rae being so rude..? Even if she didn't have many friends, why did she hang out with that Clumsy girl and her friends?

Edward didn't like it when people just had their emotions jolt from being alright to being offended. He didn't even mean to offend her. Honestly, he just felt like leaving the room. He hated situations where he'd have to go back and forth, it's something he didn't want to bother with. Plus, he didn't have to bother with it since he could just disappear to another place without worrying about survival.

He looked up when the teacher called out Rae. Then he heard Rae call him an idiot. Harsh.. He sighed to himself as he looked out the window again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back