Episode 6 and Aegis Updates!

Which thread would you like to see most for Episode 6?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
If romance happens, force Welian to address pregnant supers lore.

I'd be really into that, actually.

A long, long time ago, when Dusky was in the RP, she played a character named Hannah with spider powers, who was unknowingly pregnant after a sexual assault. A really dark backstory, but I really liked the character because she took advantage of the "pregnancy can trigger superpowers" aspect of the lore. Maybe if Imogen gets laid, we can explore a more optimistic scenario of how powers are affected.

In the real world fringe groups are closely monitored and viewed with at least a tiny bit of skepticism.
In my opinion, the Knights are somewhat similar to the Tea Party and how it rose up for a few years and then seemed to disappear. I feel they have ideas that have been around for a while, and are currently riding a short-lived wave of viral popularity. They're probably trying to get as much done as possible while they have their 15 minutes of fame. They aren't the most organized, but they have a lot of energy, and I think that may well be the key to defeating them.

Viola considers Commonwealth to be just as corrupt at the heart as the Knights
Viola becomes an anti-hero and bombs Commonwealth when

Swan uses his skills as a Commonwealth agent to investigate the Knights and their whereabouts.
Agent Audio returns to the field when

The recently repaired Mall now requires all Supers to wear an identification badge upon entry, how do characters feel/deal with this.
This is a damn good and logical security measure, but also it sucks and if I were a super, I'd honestly be crying because that's just embarrassing. Some people might compare it to the Jews being forced to wear the Star of David in Nazi Germany.

The Knights find themselves between a rock and a hard place, their superiors are pressing for more results and to forward their plans, yet they cannot move carelessly. How does their superiors anger/impatience affect the knights actions, and in turn, what effect does this have on the students/faculty and the public?
I'd like to see a schism in the Knights, those who are more ideological and genuinely follow Raguel's cult of personality, believing her to be an angel sent to purge the world of demons, and those who have a more grounded view of anti-super sentiments and/or are using the Knights to further their own goals.

Cecilia needs to be less scared of her power, and be put in a situation she needs to fight said fear in order to be helpful
I can arrange that.

She has quite the twitter following and doesn't know internet discretion. Jú would definitely mention people's actual names and talk about her actual classes (Like already happened in the Political Powers mission thread).
Well, now it makes sense how Avecca continues to get some information from inside the school despite being waaaayyy too scared to step foot in there again with another clone.

I can arrange that.
I would be forever grateful~

Well, now it makes sense how Avecca continues to get some information from inside the school despite being waaaayyy too scared to step foot in there again with another clone.
HAhaha, oops!

inb4 that becomes a problem and Juliana gets in trouble with Swan? >w<

Looking at all the stuff being said, I might end up rejoining at some point. I want to be sure, though, so I'll play it safe and likely won't join. It'd suck for everyone else for me to join and then flake out.

Looking at all the stuff being said, I might end up rejoining at some point. I want to be sure, though, so I'll play it safe and likely won't join. It'd suck for everyone else for me to join and then flake out.
We're used to flakes, you might as well rejoin.

Personal Plots - Logan
  • Logan isn't tied to or affiliated with the school. As an operative of the Commonwealth this can put him in a unique position to be a face for the organization within the city while Director Chernov is away. He is not just a liaison, he is a direct representative of the Commonwealth and what the institution stands for. As much as he plans to help out the school he will also be actively trying to improve the government's bleak image among the public. I would like to work towards him earning a reliable, level-headed and discrete reputation amid the rest of the cast. To the point where characters might be more comfortable calling Logan before dialing 911 during a genuine crisis. Heck, or if a student got turned around in a bad neighborhood, and is afraid of causing an incident, even; he'd make time to shepherd them home. A lofty goal, I'm well aware. To that end I'm openly welcoming anyone to hit me up with any plot bunnies they may have that Logan could help with.
  • Giyari Giyari & Zahzi Zahzi I'm all up for gathering the old timers from D.C. and having a discussion about what to do. If the feeling's mutual how would you two like to do this? It's own separate thread?
Setting Plots
  • Let's round up the supers who were broken out of jail. Maybe get a couple to confess that they didn't break out on their own to show an outside party was involved? Ideally I'd recommend only volunteers for this as I know some people enjoy the more slice of life pace of things. Run these as missions? If people lose interest and stagnation sets into a thread then their assigned target escaped for whatever reason, and can be apprehended by others later if they want to. Could lead to good development for those who are graduating, getting their feet wet and all.

So I am just flopping on here during lunch. Due to the size of the group, I would like structured team/group of people that have been assigned to varying tasks. I would like that list posted in the front of the manual so I know who I can seek out to get help with x,y,z issue.

Examples:
Who over sees the character critics thread.
Who is modding discord chat.
Who is GMing the active Episode thread.

Well Weli will always be supreme leader, having others that over see smaller departments might assist in the over all functionality of the RP and keep matters from getting bogged down waiting for action. Plus allow people to help with matters they feel competent in.

So I am just flopping on here during lunch. Due to the size of the group, I would like structured team/group of people that have been assigned to varying tasks. I would like that list posted in the front of the manual so I know who I can seek out to get help with x,y,z issue.

Examples:

Well Weli will always be supreme leader, having others that over see smaller departments might assist in the over all functionality of the RP and keep matters from getting bogged down waiting for action. Plus allow people to help with matters they feel competent in.
I wonder what I would be in a system like that... Just 'Overall Helper'? >w<

Maybe make it into an announcement like, 'helps people catch up with the RP by making them personalized summaries, go to her if you're lost' XD

-cracks knuckles- Alright, alright...let's see here...
I think that I may be able to help with some of the things that Syrenrei Syrenrei brought up...let's go at it in order.

Characters with Political Weight: It's about time that Gergo has been something more than a name drop here or there, or an npc, if he was even one at some point. Time to dust him off from the shelf, shining brighter than ever. He does technically own AEGIS, after all. If he were to be brought in, even if as an NPC with a few posts here and there, he is absolutely one of the very few people Red couldn't tell to fuck off. Of course, Red still would, but there would be -gasp- consequences! But back to Gergo and political shit. On top of owning AEGIS, and being involved briefly with Commonwealth, Gergo also owns the corporation leading in automated AI technology and smart weaponry. Which ties him into the last point...
KoR go home: Gergo, as a super himself, would be actively speaking against the KoR. Even if his official statements are few and far between, you best believe that his twitter is filled with all sorts of helplines for Supers, highlighting groups that are pro-super, probably some other stuff that I'm a bit too braindead to think about right now.
Criminal Antagonist: I think this one might be a bit of a surprise. Should they last longer than expected in episode 6, this character would definitely fit the bill.

Examples:

Good ideas, though I figure we needn't bother with an official Discord mod. The whole place is pretty good at self-policing, and if something *does* come up Welian always seems to deal with it really well.

I feel like I hardly can say much that either hasn't been said already or just wouldn't be very helpful, but I'm going to give this a try anyways.
Story/Bigger Plots:
- I would really like to see some positive super event. Something that the public could look at as a reason that supers aren't evil and stuff. Maybe something like some supers actually manage to save people without any horrible collateral damage.
- Some kind of espionage plot, or something where some of the students have to go undercover. Like maybe there's a location/business that is suspected to house the knights and some of the supers have to pose as interns or something while trying to find out information. Could make for a more comedic episode with the company being completely normal or a more stress/drama episode if it actually does hide the knights.
- I'd kind of like a story that focuses on the gutters/slums of Baltimore. Not only would it give us the views of even more people in Baltimore and provide some new story with the supers interacting with them. Plus it would also give my character a bit of a personal plot development without it being squarely focused on him.
Personal Plots:
- Kind of like above to have Jeremiah being a super/a hero in the neighborhood he grew up in
- Overall I'd like Jeremiah to actually get involved in something. It seems like he's not really been doing all to much plot relevant and I'd like to get him and doing some more stuff. This also in part deals with me making sure that he's actually going out and getting involved more.
- I'd like to finish off the personal story I had built up when I first introduced JJ with his mother in the hospital, so this is more something I can do on my own.
- I want JJ to actually find out what his powers fully are, rather than just knowing he can summon a ball of light.
- I'm hoping that JJ can find someone who can help shape him up better, somebody who would be able to teach him some of the simple things he should know such as: How to apply for a job, how to properly dress himself, how to do his own laundry, maybe even just him learning some money management.
- I want JJ to get a chance to watch some TV shows, he obviously never watched them growing up and with the opportunity I could see some very clever ideas for attacks coming from some certain shows.(Hint: Dragon Ball Z)
- Finally I would like JJ to get a chance to get his hands on some art supplies. He deserves hobbies too!

and also maybe make a new character cause I have some ideas going in my head.

Any further thoughts on this now that the poll is closed?

The Knights of Raguel

Most of this stuff the older players will already know, but it always helps to have it out in the open for the new players!

The Knights are a hate group, a cult, and domestic terrorists (more or less in that order) led by a woman who calls herself Raguel (real name unknown). Her group's mission is, in short, to kill all superpowered humans. She believes that she is the human reincarnation of Raguel the angel of justice, and that she has been given a holy mission to destroy demons wherever she finds them. Demons most often take the form of supers, who are absolutely non-human as they are the progeny of Lilith, the mother of all monsters.

There are three types of people who join Raguel's cause:
  • People who take religious writings (even stuff that's not exactly religious, like the Ars Goetia) at face value and are fanatics about fighting supernatural monsters on behalf of divine justice and proper society
  • People who are bitter about their lot in life, and believe that supers are ruining society for the rest of good, normal folks (probably the main type of Knight, now that I think about it)
  • People who are either paid to be here, or too scared to leave.
Now obviously, it's not very fashionable to be a bigot, so very few people are going to admit to being part of the Knights, unless maybe they're in the first group and are proud to be helping a messenger of God kill evil monsters. Add in some general beliefs about Christians being ideologically persecuted in the West and how it's dangerous to "come out" as conservative in a modern, more secular society, and it's sort of obvious not many people are going to say "Hey, I think these crazies have a point."

Of the people who do openly support the Knights -
  • The core group, that is, people who will actually pick up weapons, wear armor, and do the dirty work, is about 40 to 50 people scattered throughout Baltimore city and the surrounding county.
  • A looser group of sympathizers, maybe a few hundred, of people who are not Knights but think that they've got the right idea, and might periodically donate money.
  • And then finally, a few thousand internet followers who think it's funny and edgy to share Raguel's shitty memes. Seriously, someone needs to hire the Knights a marketing director.
Now, since "killing all supers" is kind of a lofty goal (because that's a literal decimation, killing about 10% of the world population), the Kinght's more immediate goals are more about generating negative press for supers (mostly individual vigilantes), and super-allied groups such as Commonwealth and Aegis.

But welian, why hasn't Commonwealth done more against the Knights?

Well frankly, because I won't have an antagonist worth a damn if the regular, legal means of justice actually worked. Plus, in the grand scheme of themes, the Knights were small beans up until they executed a teen girl in the middle of a crowded shopping mall. Commonwealth spans 49 other states besides Maryland, so they're probably spending most of their manpower on human trafficking and discrimination lawsuits.

Gentle reminder that I will be updating some rules for Episode 6.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back