• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Enough talk, let's fight (play).

TheLoneRook

Death's Secretary
I'll cut to the chase.

I've been at this game for a while. I've got about ten years of writing experience under my belt, eight of those years involving the wonderful world that is roleplay. I've always enjoyed the interactions and worlds that I've built but lately my last few games have left something to be desired. Therefore, I call out to the cream of the crop. To any and all who deem themselves worthy, I issue a challenge.

This challenge goes out to those who feel the way I do. The ones who find themselves unsatisfied. The ones who want to be tested, who want to push limits. The ones who plan a paragraph and finish with a page. The ones who have so many ideas and nowhere to put them. Those are the people I need.

The story I have in mind is not the kind you see in a regular roleplay. There is no gentle introduction, no pages of characters getting to know each other or useless interactions between two people who both refuse to divulge anything about themselves. The story I have in mind is built on the past as well as the present. The story I have in mind holds a history that will unfold and manifest as swiftly as the events that transgress in its current timeline. The story I have in mind is going to be thorough, well paced. The story I have in mind is going to run you along through what could only be described as a literary life cycle.

All I need is someone to make it with me.

I have a few ideas myself, most of them revolve around the idea of two or perhaps more people invested in a world that is changing around them. It involves leaps in time, playing through past, present, and perhaps future. The settings, the worlds, those are all thing I think it would be best to leave unsettled for now. Those are the kinds of things I'd want us to unravel together. A good story, after all, takes inspiration from multiple participants.

To anyone who finds themselves intrigued by my challenge, feel free to contact me. I go by Rook, no need for formalities. Comment, PM, whatever suits your fancy. Just know that
I am expecting a higher caliber of literary prowess. Not the best anyone's ever seen, but definitely something to be taken seriously. I don't plan to ask for much of your time, but I feel like if you're as interested in this as I am you'll devote it anyway.

I look forward to hearing from you all.

Let's get started.

To clarify, the story I have in mind is going to be predominantly that of the action/adventure persuasion. Apologies for any miscommunication.

Could you PM me? I have to go to sleep now, but I am extremely interested in this and some ideas have already popped into my head, so maybe we can discuss it tomorrow?

Heya, Rook :^0 I'd be interested in something like this, it's pretty hard to play into an RP that doesn't lose steam!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back