• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Endure And Survive (The Last Of Us themed RP)

BakaTheIdiot

Viscount of Spaghetti Code
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
I'd like to start by saying that I only recently got into The Last Of Us. I got the game for free a month ago, and just barely finished it. It's an amazing game, and has so much potential for a RP that I couldn't resist. Interested? Fantastic.

Some Basic Ground Rules:
-Follow all site rules (duh)
-Have at least a general understanding of what The Last Of Us is. Don't worry too much about this rule; I'll put a lore thread together if the need arises.
-OOC, don't be a dick.
-This RP will be on RPN.
-You can have as many characters as you feel comfortable with. You can also kill off your characters, should you so chose.
-DON'T try godmoding. I'm not going to let it slide.

For now, this is just an interest check. If you agree to the rules and feel interested, leave a comment! If enough interest is generated, I'll set up a CS page.

Instantly interested. It'd be cool to see if we gather enough people to make a faction. I wonder what the general goal is going to be though, if we deviate from the original storyline.

I'm a sucker for zombie-related RPs, but I'mma need more information on the plot you have in mind first before I 100% commit.

I'm a sucker for zombie-related RPs, but I'mma need more information on the plot you have in mind first before I 100% commit.
Instantly interested. It'd be cool to see if we gather enough people to make a faction. I wonder what the general goal is going to be though, if we deviate from the original storyline.
Alright, glad you're interested!
I'll get more into it when I set up a lore, setting, and CS thread, but the general idea is as follows:

All of us (initially) start off in Boston, now the Boston Quarantine Zone. Through a turn of events, such as a raid on a armory or stockpile, we unite, and flee Boston. We initially have no goal, other than to survive. We make our way West, towards Pittsfield or Albany, loot the now abandoned town, and then we can go from there.

Alternatively, if wanted, we could more closely follow the game's timeline, where one of us is completely immune to the strand of Cordyceps that ravaged the population. I think both would be interesting, provided we get enough interest.

Alright, glad you're interested!
I'll get more into it when I set up a lore, setting, and CS thread, but the general idea is as follows:

All of us (initially) start off in Boston, now the Boston Quarantine Zone. Through a turn of events, such as a raid on a armory or stockpile, we unite, and flee Boston. We initially have no goal, other than to survive. We make our way West, towards Pittsfield or Albany, loot the now abandoned town, and then we can go from there.

Alternatively, if wanted, we could more closely follow the game's timeline, where one of us is completely immune to the strand of Cordyceps that ravaged the population. I think both would be interesting, provided we get enough interest.

Would we be general survivors or Fireflies? The former could work if you want the BQZ to be attacked by Fireflies not unlike the beginning of the game.

As for the other idea, I'd have to say a hard no, at least for me. I don't really like immunity concepts (even though that was the whole point of the game), and that it would causes other issues for us. Not only would it make one character more important than the rest, what would happen if the player behind them dropped out?

Would we be general survivors or Fireflies? The former could work if you want the BQZ to be attacked by Fireflies not unlike the beginning of the game.

As for the other idea, I'd have to say a hard no, at least for me. I don't really like immunity concepts (even though that was the whole point of the game), and that it would causes other issues for us. Not only would it make one character more important than the rest, what would happen if the player behind them dropped out?

That's a pretty good point.

I'd say that surviving in general is a challenge in and of itself, and therefore provides plenty of opportunities to build a meaningful story. I think by creating a group separate from the fireflies allows for more wiggle room in terms of interaction, giving characters a chance to carve their own goals when it comes to getting through to tomorrow.

I'd be interested, dystopias always grab my attention. However, I've limited knowledge of The Last of Us storyline and lore. I've never played the game either. Would you like players who already have a backround knowledge or is it alright if a walk-on joins in?

I'd be interested, dystopias always grab my attention. However, I've limited knowledge of The Last of Us storyline and lore. I've never played the game either. Would you like players who already have a backround knowledge or is it alright if a walk-on joins in?
Don't worry too much about it! There's a lore thread, should fill in any details you might need.

You may want to add more to the lore than just a copypaste from the TLOU wikia, just saying.

You may want to add more to the lore than just a copypaste from the TLOU wikia, just saying.
You aren't wrong. Just been crazy busy with classes, and wanted to have at least something in the lore thread. No, I'm definitely gonna fix it later.

Just found your page but I am interested in a Last of Us rollplay

Would like to play as Ellie's brother, The character has been looking for Ellie for years and has recently heard rumors of her whereabouts. Would be cool if it takes place during the timeline of The Last of Us 2.

Still pretty new with role playing but want to learn from a veteran

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back