• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Endless Search for Lit-Partners || open

vantanamo

a violent delight
Greetings & Salutations fellow roleplayers!
My name is Vana. While semi-new to this site I already know I'm tired of making single posts for plots I'm interested in. Hence the following master-post. As such though, please to not leave comments. Messages only.

26-small-flowers-1024x640 (2).jpg
Let's get on with the fun stuff, shall we?

about lil' ole me
At the ripe old age of twenty-one, I have quite the roleplay experience under my belt. I started writing stories young and by the time twelve rolled around, I had discovered roleplaying. The last few years though have been hectic. Wifi came and went, as did inspiration. As of late though I have been itching to get back in the game. I have a lot of ideas, and I'm sure there will be more to come as more plotting ideas form. As for my style of writing, I would consider myself semi-lit. My grammar and comma usage may be off occasionally, despite my best efforts. Though I do spit out anywhere from four to ten paragraph per post. I am by far NOT a grammar nazi, but I do need to understand what you're conveying. Genre wise, fantasy is my go-to. Sci-fi is also a favorite of mine. I also try to at least always add hints of romance if possible as well. Honestly anything but slice of life. Being over the age of eighteen I am only comfortable writing with those of the same age range. My deepest of apologies but no minors please. For gender, I don't mind playing either. Doubling or tripling even is no problem for me. All pairings welcome! (mm/ff/mf) I am an open book, so feel free to ask me any other questions you may be curious about! Oh, and if you actually read all of this, tell me you're favorite number for good measure. P.S. East Coast baby.

example of my writing style
It was warm. As is always was in Agora. As was it crowded, which once again was not out of the ordinary. Heat emanated from the hundreds of bodies moving hurriedly through the narrow pathways. The only relief being the occasional gust of salty wind that had been carried from the nearby ocean. Nobody seemed too bothered by the temperature, most too distracted by the allure of shiny objects and the promise of once in a lifetime opportunities. There was much too much to look at for the sun to be a pest.
---
Despite the ancient monuments and rich, cultured soil-- Agora was not much more than the largest melting pot in Greece to the mortal eye. Much of the history being lost as more foreigners came and conquered. All too soon the once most respected figures became goodnight tales for children. The once grand and valiant abet gore-y past, shrouded by the cloth tapestries of the vendors. Magic though, was a little harder to get rid of than memory. For magic remained deep in the earth, threading its roots deep into the world. Perhaps that was why mortals made such unwise decisions while in its grip.
---
As powerful as it may be, mere mortals couldn't sense it. Couldn't feel it's ever so present hold on them, but everyone--everything just below the surface of mortality knew what was there. The majesty of worship doesn't just fade with time. Every temple nestled between merchant stalls and street performers, still maintained its might. Connecting this world to the next-- to the Gods. From the Altar of the Twelve to the trenches of the Metroon, the air buzzed ever so slightly with faith of long past. With the energy of the Gods.
---
It was near intoxicating to mortals. Causing strong feelings of confidence and self righteousness. When humans felt immortal they begin to act like gods. When humans begin to act like gods, well if history has proved anything its that man is not capable of such feats. Theft and bribery, to more sinister acts carried out after the lights go out plagued Agora just as deftly as its con artists did. Something much scarier though, the fact the gods loved to play. A herd of sheep was fun to manipulate. Lack of respect goes two ways. Unfortunately for mortals they are about as equipped as a rabbit facing a lion in this match of Pankration.
---
But who believes in the Old Gods anymore, anyways?
---

Despite the heat, the marble pillars of the Temple of the Twelve remained cool to the touch. Casting large, enlongated shadows down the uncovered halls of the shrine. The rest of Agora had been turned into a mall of wares but no one dare actually set shop in a place of worship, whether the worship was still apart of its routine or not. Many rest on its steps, warding off the afternoon heat. Rarely though, do people venture into its depths.
Today, however, the stone fortress was occupied. The soft click of heels on marble echoed off the carved walls until coming to a halt near the edge of the columns. A petite pale hand, adorned with hard, dark jewelry wound around the pillar. Soon followed by mess of black curls and the lithe frame of a girl. Or rather, woman, judging by the curvature.
•••
Juniper had been up for hours already by the time she had passed through the portal to Agora. A shiver ran down her spine as her leather boots made contact with the hard floor beneath her, the resound click ringing in the silence. Traveling worlds always gave her goosebumps. Soon enough the chill ran its course and the Goddess was back to her normal self. Mischievous.
She made her way through the ancient walls, her mid-thigh bloomed skirt bouncing along with each clink of her four-inch heels. Covering her bust was a long sleeved blouse, cuffed at the top and at the wrists. It had a frilled design on the top and the dark lavender color matched her slightly darker skirt. Luscious dark curls were pinned loosely on the top of her head, strands falling down around her head, framing her heart shaped face.
Clothing wise, she looked foreign. Her style was not that of Greek origin, but she enjoyed the ogles. Regardless of her clothing choice though, is was fairly clear she was not from around there. Her build almost seemed of Asian decent, with delicate slopes and small chest, but facial features and other significant deferences spelled other wise. Large, Amber eyes framed by long dark lashes sat atop a soft upturned nose. Crisp, arched eyebrows and full pink lips almost perpetually stuck in a pout or smirk polished off her almost doll-like appearance.
It was clear she was different. Nevertheless she enjoyed playing around, she lived for the attention. So when she entered Earth and immediately heard a crash and commotion, she couldn’t help herself. Quickly she found the source of the sounds from her vantage.

A smirk played across her lips as she watched a man shatter a table, causing another to cower. Interesting, she thought, gracefully jumping to the ground below. She needed a closer look before involving herself in something. Quietly she crept towards the crowd forming around the stall. As she reached the outer walls of the mob, as if out of thin air, she was in the front row. Nestled between another vender trying to catch the scene and a few wooden pillars holding up a walkway overhead, she was perfectly unseen. To be sure though, she reached behind her head, pulling a hood from thin air over her head, a cape falling as up from purple fairy dust down her back.

26-small-flowers-1024x640 (3).jpg
Plotting Ideas
26-small-flowers-1024x640 (4).jpg

1. Greek Mythology
If you read the example above you'll probably already have somewhat of an idea. I have a character I adore, Juniper. She is the daughter of Hades and Persephone. I wouldn't mind a group rp with this one but one on one is mainly what I'm searching for. Id prefer your character either be a demi-god or a child of the gods. Other than that, the plot is honestly pretty morphable. I really just want to work with June, I haven't had a chance to really used her since I made her.

2. Love, Death, + Robots
Recently, Netflix came out with a show called LD+R. Not what I was expectings, but a pleasure none the less. Each episode has its own plot and story line. A few of the episodes really caught my eye. Every episode is anywhere from fifteen to thirty minute runtime. I'd like to do a spin-pff in the universes of some of these episodes. To help better explain though, I will be copying the episode synopsis from online and posting it.
s01ep01 | Sonnie's Edge
In the underground world of "beastie" fights, Sonnie is unbeatable -- as long as she keeps her edge.
(Crazy Monster AI fights?)
s01ep10 | Shape Shifters
Deep in Afghanistan, two Marines with supernatural powers face a threat from one of their own kind.
(Werewolves and battles, woof.)
I know the descriptions are vague, but I can go more in depth in you're interested.

Unfortunately
that it all for now. Feel free to shoot my a PM with your own plot ideas as well!
Look forward to hearing from you.
THANK YOU
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back