• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic End of the Ascended: Closed

Space Cowboy Ein

A little dog in big space.
A short teaser

The year is 645 P.A. or Post Ascendance. Over six hundred years ago on our homeworld of Vandana, during the time of the old empire, a well renowned explorer and warrior by the name of Heuli Lykkersson discovered the Tomb of the Ascended King. Within this tomb lay a treasure trove of knowledge that would bring forth immense technological change, as well as Lor, the Ascended King himself. Lor was the giant being that had sat dormant on his throne, his features were similar to that of a human but was at the least fifty feet tall. During his exploration of the tomb, Heuli had managed to awaken Lor and in a bright flash of light was transformed into the first Ascended Human, an enhanced being that averages eight feet in height, has wings like that of an angel and is nigh immortal.

From that point, the old empire would begin its decline with the rise of the Aesinur, the technology formed around it, as well as the religion that worshiped Lör and the growing number of Ascended individuals. In 112 P.A., the old empire finally collapsed and was replaced with the Holy Empire of the Ascended. In this government, the nobility were done away with and replaced with the Order of Heuli, a group of Ascended who would elect the Holy Emperor among themselves. For another five centuries there was no real upheaval or disturbances within the empire, save for the occasional scuffle with The Collective. Though now, things have changed. More and more Ascended are being created and put into positions of power and have begun to wrest major control from humans and have begun to treat them as second class citizens. The current Holy Emperor, Kristoff Asmund is highly xenophobic against ordinary humans and has begun to create a system where regular humans are made to serve the needs of the Ascended, breed more candidate to make into Ascended, and ultimately phase them out for the perfection that is the Ascended Human.

While the majority of the Ascended fell behind this idea, this did not sit well with the humans as well as some Ascended and has prompted many parts of the Empire to ignite in rebellion and revolt. The Holy Emperor has dispatched his armies led by his Ascended to put down these displays of insurrection. This unrest has now come to our remote corner of the Empire, and while its is inappropriate to call it a revolution, it is certainly beginning to head that way.

- A Short History of the Holy Empire and Current Events vol. 12 by Scholar Edgar Jokkarsson

So what is this?

This is an RP centered around the birth of a rebellion and its subsequent success or failure based on choices made by players on either side of the conflict. This RP will be detailed so I expect 2-3+ meaty paragraphs per post. Some aspects of life and society within this RP will be taken from Norse traditions and religions with a more modern taste for obvious reasons. A lot of the lore is in a google doc right now as I organize it to put into a proper RP thread. If you're interested please drop a post here especially if you have any questions.

Last edited by a moderator:
Morning bump. It's good to see a few interested people! I'll likely have everything properly set up by monday evening at the latest as I'll be out and about the next two days helping my sister move in to college.

This is a pretty interesting conflict. I am interested in it. How frequently would you like for your players to post?

There are a ton of spots open. Just saying. Plus all the viking goodness you could want...

I will admit that I'm imagining this as a sort of Skyrim in space, though.

Musician said:
So... Skyrim?
Yeah basically. But with science! :]

Bump. Still plenty of open spots to be had peeps.

Ahem......there are still plenty of spots,..and now free cookies for people willing to take these spots.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back