• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Embers of the Damned -Fantasy Medieval Horror-

HomieHasegawa

Embers of the Damned​

553e117ffac2bb80b03ab2b7e4c55930.jpg

Praise the Lord of Shields for guiding this lad to me. The noble soul approached us with the fear of unspeakable truths in his heart. Despite my demands to nurse his wounds, he insisted on delivering his message. There, kneeling before us with black arrows on his back, and ghastly wounds ravaging his body, he bowed his head to hide what tears may flow.

"Brave swords, I come before you as Squire to Knight Braithius of The Grinning Mace. I speak for King Helamius' chivalrous servants tasked to guard Miphion, The City Bordering Light & Shadow. Time is of the essence! A devilry stirs at their gates, while sinister plots brew from within them. Wicked blights from The Shadow grow bold by the hour, while the Baron of the city is too distracted by his own corruptions to see what is happening. Sir Braithius sent me to you, for he knew our band of knights can only do so much in the face of this cancerous evil. I dare not ruminate on their fates as I kneel before you... I fear their souls will join The Embers of Halcyon by the time you reach the city. Please, you must go now! Save the people from the nightmares cometh! Save Sir Braithius, and his knights before the Godless enslaves..."

His last words trailed off into the wind as he crumpled onto the ground. No wizardry or alchemy could save his soul from its departure. May he rest in peace in the halls of our knighthood. We will take up arms in his stead, and aid Sir Braithius against whatever ails the edge of our civilization...

----​

Hello! I'm looking for a small group of experienced players that are literate, friendly, and willing to post a minimum of 2-3 paragraphs. We'll play as a small band of knights and warriors who are assigned to patrol Ogdil, a rundown outpost town, now on a quest to find out what's going on at the neighboring city, Miphion. Humans are the only playable race, and low-to-mid tier elemental (earth, wind, fire, water) magic is only allowed. There won't be any dice involved. If this gets enough interest, I'll be sure to go in depth on the lore to flesh this world out a lot better and give you something to work with when creating your characters. The feel of this RP will very much be a Dark Fantasy likened to Game of Thrones and Dark Souls with scares, feels, and... banana peels? While there will be plenty of doom and gloom, action and horror, the relations between our characters is something I'd like to focus on, as I feel it will heighten the stakes as things get a little dicey. Also, bare with me as I haven't RPed on this site, so I'm still getting used to layouts and whatnot. Okay, that's enough rambling. Feel free to ask any questions and I'll do my best to answer them. Thanks for checking this out!

Last edited:
I'd like to prevent vague or short one liner responses in posts. There's exceptions to that of course, like if characters are interacting and you want a back and forth dialogue, though I encourage collaborations for that to save time.

Mmk. What do you mean by "low-to-mid tier" ?
That sort of thing tends to vary greatly from one person to the other

Again, what do you mean by "OP" ?
Because what just happened is

Me : "what do you mean by A ?"
- Not B"
Me : "Yes, but what's B ?"

Time to become a silly english Kniggget

Interested! Would it be ok to a make character with minor healing powers? Like the ability to heal bruises, cuts, and minor burns but not broken bones, cut arteries or major burns?

I'm interested as well, but you were going for a small group and there are a ton of people already, so I understand if I don't make it in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back