• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Elysium's Veil OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here

Fairfax

Here's the OOC. Chat about whatever, plan upcoming plots, post memes, etc.

I'm also gonna quickly list the rules for this roleplay, so please make sure that you've read them.

Again, if anything is unclear, just ask and I'll do my best to answer.

General Rules Please be respectful and friendly towards all the other players. Drama can be fun, but let's keep it to the IC thread.

General roleplay etiquette applies. I.e don't metagame, control or injure other characters without permission, etc.

Rules regarding PostingPosts should be written in Third Person and in past tense.

Players should post at least an paragraph every fourth day. If you for one reason or another is unable to do so, please just let me known.

Rules regarding powersNot so much a rule as a request but I really want people to avoid giving their characters overly versatile powers.

Characters are allowed to have up to three powers. That said, this is a pretty soft limit. If you want to give your character's generally weaker powers, I'd be perfectly alright with them having maybe four or five powers instead.

The reverse would also be true. If you want to give your character really strong powers (like the ability to briefly stop time) then you should probably

As an addendum to the rule above, it doesn't matter what the source of the powers are. I.e if you play a magical girl whose Mythkeeper is Thor and they gain a hammer that can shoot in lightning in their Magical Girl form, that would still count as one of your powers.

Below is a list of currently restricted powers. What that means is that if you want to have one of the powers listed below, you have to talk to me about it first.

In roleplays based on mythology like this one, I've noticed that people will occasionally give their character the ability to do "magic".

That ability usually take the form of just letting its user do whatever they wants. And as mentioned above, I really want to avoid overly versatile powers.

Frankly, I have no real idea on how to balance it. Like yeah, if you just want to give your character the ability to shoot bolts of arcane energy, that's all well and good. But I'm unsure how to handle anything beyond that.

A while I was planning on forcing people to focus on more specific types if magic based on the culture the Mythkeeper belongs to (I.e A Mythkeeper of Isis could grant something similar to "True name magic" while a Mythkeeper of Odin could grant someone the power of seiðr). But that seems like too much homework and I'm pretty sure it would still end being too versatile.

Then I toyed with the idea to make each of the character's spell take up one of his power slots. But I'm not a big fan of that either, part or the reason I picked this magic system is that I like how it limits what powers a character can choose and I feel like this solution would sort of ruin that aspect.

So yeah, if somebody have a good idea on to handle magic as a power, please let me know.

Resurrection: I feel like this power would decrease the stakes of this roleplay too much.

I don't have an answer to the "how to handle gods whose abilities include sorcery" just yet,but I figure I'll get the conversation rolling with a question.

Since you want us to (somewhat) strictly count our characters' distinctive abilities,can we assume that each power includes all its relevant aspects? Like if someone's Mythkeeper is Surtr,then would "can create and control fire" and "immune to fire" be one power? Or if someone's Mythkeeper is Hephaestus,would "can construct any machine perfectly from raw materials" and "can understand the designs of any existing machine" be one power?

I don't have an answer to the "how to handle gods whose abilities include sorcery" just yet,but I figure I'll get the conversation rolling with a question.

Since you want us to (somewhat) strictly count our characters' distinctive abilities,can we assume that each power includes all its relevant aspects? Like if someone's Mythkeeper is Surtr,then would "can create and control fire" and "immune to fire" be one power? Or if someone's Mythkeeper is Hephaestus,would "can construct any machine perfectly from raw materials" and "can understand the designs of any existing machine" be one power?
Sure, both of those examples seems reasonable.

Sure, both of those examples seems reasonable.
Nellancholy Nellancholy

Sorry, I realized that this reply isn't very helpful.

To elaborate a bit, I'm generally fine with powers giving additional minor effects. I'm just trying to avoid someone giving their character, say, light manipulation and then have that power grant anything from illusion manipulation to teleportion.

Might be a good time to bump the interest check,get a couple more people in.

In the meantime,I'll keep things going with a question. Do you have a specific timespan in mind for how long Apotheosis takes in ideal circumstances?

Like,if a Mythkeeper's plan goes off without a hitch,how long does it take for a human to transform and be replaced fully?

Maybe that's ambiguous,or varies per pairing?

Might be a good time to bump the interest check,get a couple more people in.

In the meantime,I'll keep things going with a question. Do you have a specific timespan in mind for how long Apotheosis takes in ideal circumstances?

Like,if a Mythkeeper's plan goes off without a hitch,how long does it take for a human to transform and be replaced fully?

Maybe that's ambiguous,or varies per pairing?
It's varies quite a bit say somewhere between 9-ish months and a year.

By the way I write most of my posts on mobile so if any images I use end being to large or anything like that, just let me know and I'll fix it.

Still thinking between a couple of character ideas,hope to see what the other participants come up with as well

Sounds like a candidate to be partnered with the Mythkeeper that takes the form of Maui then. Well,that's just my suggestion.

Sounds like a candidate to be partnered with the Mythkeeper that takes the form of Maui then. Well,that's just my suggestion.
Maui was one of the one’s that came to mind when I was thinking about it. After a bit of research I came across Kamohoaliʻi (Hawaiian) and Dakuwaqa (Fijian) which both seemed cool as hell.

I’m creating a CS and noticed that so far there seem to be lack of major gods (e.g. Zeus, Amaterasu, Shiva) as Mythkeepers. I might be worrying too much but just to be safe you aren’t saving them for plot reason and we are allowed to create a character with powers based on them right? Fairfax Fairfax

I’m creating a CS and noticed that so far there seem to be lack of major gods (e.g. Zeus, Amaterasu, Shiva) as Mythkeepers. I might be worrying too much but just to be safe you aren’t saving them for plot reason and we are allowed to create a character with powers based on them right? Fairfax Fairfax
No, I'm not saving them for any plot reason. Feel free to create characters with any Mythkeeper you want.

Fairfax Fairfax figured I'd just settle for one of my character ideas and put it up now. Let me know if it fits,or if I need to change anything.
The characters look great. They are very much accepted.

Last edited:

I have a slightly far-fetched proposal, but it could be interesting if it is implemented well.

The limit of the powers between the gods ranges between 3 and 5 if I understood correctly.

But there is aphotheosis, which is when one of the "gods" gains more control of the body, or the mind of the magical girl.

What if the more Aphotheosis increases, which after all can be detrimental to the character, so do his powers, either unlocking a new power, or increasing existing ones.

Taking into account that aphotheosis is a slow and long process (well, that will depend more on how time is calculated or measured within the rp, perhaps a month is a week, each rp measures time in a different way), the probability The fact that one of our characters dies at the hands of the rival group, or by the Monsters, would not be from one day to the next, and it is possible that several will not arrive, giving it a certain sense of progression.

I am sure that they will find some fault or problem with my proposal, that there will be something that I am not taking into account, it just occurred to me and I wanted to comment on it.

I'm working on my CS now! Also Nellancholy Nellancholy I love how Ellen is a "Lady of the Night" and I kinda wanna know how she reacted to everything.

The simple summary is:

Atalanta: "Behold,dissolute daughter of man,I,the huntress of Artemis,come to give you an opportunity to change your ways and fight for something greater."

Ellen: "You're giving me a cute costume and magic powers? I'll take it."

Honestly...I would too! I have watched too much Power Rangers, Shugo Chara, Sailor Moon, Precure, Winx Club, W.I.T.C.H, etc. to not take the deal. Am I gonna die probably, but am I gonna get a nice ass transformation & powers!? Yes, sooo...I'm dying in style (And torturous (but stylish) agony)!

I have gotten the coding for my character sheet done, but I will not be able to finish the CS until I return home mid next week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back