• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Elysium's Veil

Fairfax

The sun began to set, casting long shadows across the cityscape. Alice Gutmann stood atop a building, her eyes fixating on the horizon, watching as the sky turned to deep oranges and reds before slowly fading into night. The noise of the city below faded away, replaced by an eerie silence as the citizens retreated indoors, clueless of the dangers lurking in the shadows.

She didn't know if she should pity their ignorance, or envy it. As a magical girl, Alice was acutely aware of the dangers that threatened her city, and she would be lying if she said that she wasn't at least a bit scared of fighting them herself.

Alice closed her eyes as she took a deep breath of the cool night air and let the stress of her duty roll off her shoulders. And for a brief second, she forgot about

But as the sounds of fighting echoed across the city, Alice quickly realized that she could not ignore the call of duty for ever.

"Not going to spend this evening spreading your legs for some aischrourgòs, young lady?" The familiar, contemptuous voice muttered.

"Oh, nein." Ellen smiled, enjoying the clear discomfort of the mythical ghost at having to cohabitate with someone like her. "My evening's free. Which means I've got free time to spend...exploring." The meaning was quite clear to the both of them.

"Maybe some good hunting will take your mind off your wanton urges."

"Don't count on it, my dear."

Ellen took in a deep breath, scanning the rooftop of the high-end apartment building she lived in, which was mainly taken up by a heated swimming pool and several meticulously trimmed bushes. No one else was here.

She stepped out of her shoes. Leaving them here for the night was fine. And even if they went missing, she'd probably get a new pair from someone else soon. Maybe Hans. Or Albert. Given how...intimately familiar he'd gotten with her feet, he was sure to get the right size.

Anyway, that was a consideration for later.

Satisfied that no one would notice a jumper at this time and place (it wasn't the first time someone "fell" off this roof), Ellen stepped up to the railing, closed her eyes...and tipped off.

She felt the kick in her stomach as she fell.

As the pink sparkles gathered around her, she felt her soul open up, drawing in the power Atalanta granted to her.

The light solidified into pink hair and a sparkling outfit, a bow slung over her back with no quiver.

Just before she fell low enough for people at ground level to notice, Heartseeker opened her eyes.

Clenching her fist, she looked up. In a flash, she had blinked upwards at a shallow angle, bringing herself onto a rooftop that was much lower than where she started, but still gave her a good view of the surroundings.

"Now...let's see where my love needs to shine today..."

Last edited:
Jasir watched the sunset from his room in the Rose Monarch Hotel. Every once in a while the young man would treat himself to a luxury stay at an expensive hotel, with a massage, a pedicure & manicure, and a 5-star meal, but the only difference was he was now a mythic warrior. As Jasir sipped from his wine, a few notifications popped up on his phone but before he could look he could feel the dark aura of the mysterious being near. Stepping out to the balcony, Jasir's eyes met with what he called Ek Chuaj,"I'm assuming you're here for a trade? Same as last time?"

Ek Chuaj's body draped in a leopard-printed mystery chuckled as their tail eerily raised high,"Yes! Go out and destroy the monsters and the more or better you do, I will reward you with information."

Jasir smirked as the magic burst from his chest, slowly evaporating his clothes out of existence. His normal shoulder-length hair descended into waist-length hair with vibrant emerald-green highlights. The Verdant Broker's outfit was only pants, boots, a necklace, and a hat. If people saw him they would probably think he was an adult dancer and the only thing that would change that image was the chain blades wrapped around his waist.

"Well, let's see what the night holds for this traveler." Grabbing the blades, the Verdant Broker used them by tossing them into the sides of buildings to swing and follow the now illuminated path.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back