• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Elodia - [DnD] short campaign interest check (last days!)

kevintheradioguy

Salt
Supporter
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
So, I have posted this one a while back, but didn't get enough players to start it, so I am posting again in hopes that this time I'll find people.

[class=fon] width: 75%; background-color:#f4f4f4; padding:10px; margin:auto;center; overflow:auto; font: Verdana; font-size:12px; font-color:#1a1f26; align:justify; padding:10px; border:1px solid #39404a; [/class]

[div class=fon]
INTRODUCTION
Good day ladies and gents. I'm willing to DM a small module of 5ed Dungeons and Dragons. I never DMed anything like this on this website or come to think of it, a forum at all, so I'll be happy to get any help in regards of local traditions, on-site dice rolling system, etc.
I am a rather relaxed DM, and by no means a rules lawyer, believing that sometimes certain rules can be neglected in favour of storytelling - after all, we are here to have fun first and foremost; but very strict when it comes to keeping everything set and played out properly, be it tense, formatting, OOC, etc.. By an extent, I am rather unwelcoming to rules lawyers and munchkins, so think twice in case you think you might be considered one.
Please, before applying, read the entire thread, as I might be asking for applicants to so a little more than just writing "Interested!".
[/div]

[div class=fon]
ABOUT THE MODULE
Whether in search for rare herbs, hiding from the law, or just in an attempt to take a shortcut while travelling from one city to another, out heroes find themselves going deeper and deeper in a ghastly swamp. The deeper they go, the thicker the fog is, the sharper feeling of danger becomes, and the more lifeless it becomes, mist curling up into hideous hands ready to grab an unsuspecting prey, sun dimmed by thick clouds, trees - just a rioting skeletons of their former self. That is not before they stumble into what seems to be a crumbling carcass of once large city, thin, starving, rotting figures of people aimlessly wandering just on the edge of their sight, and soon find themselves captured by what is left of the royal guardsmen and taken to the dungeon, suspected in marauding.
After being questioned, they learn that the city has been nearly destroyed and cursed, and that mages, forming the higher class of the citizen and once creating the beautiful gardens and orchards of the area that is now flooded and swamped, drained of their power by a wizard, now hiding in a giant swampy crater - a leftover of his magic. They are tasked to travel down into it, and retrieve an object the wizard used to store their power - an old silver locker, to let them gain their magic back, and return the city-state to its former glory.
[/div]

[div class=fon]
ABOUT THE CHARACTERS
The module is written for a party of three to five characters that might get levelled during the campaign to level six to eight. Which is pretty much a lot.
If you're new to this, it is totally fine. I will not dwell in deeper metaphysics of the world, and if you know the system even through mentioned PHB, that should be enough for the experience.
I never make a module unpassable without a battle, so social or sneaky types are very much allowed, as well as fighters, clerics, etc. However, I would not suggest your characters to be leaning towards urban interactions, as there is little urban to be had in the module.
Please, refrain from anything homebrew.
[/div]

[div class=fon]
WHAT I EXPECT
I expect roleplaying for the most part. Roleplaying. As in, playing a specific role, being true to your character and their personality, etc.
I expect you not trying to break the game.
I expect you to post once every 48 or so hours, or skip your turn (out of combat) or be played as by the DM (in combat).
I expect you to at least check your post through Word or any built-in grammar checker. I'm sure I made typos here myself, but I would like to understand what you're trying to say, and read you post immersed in what you have told me, instead of facepalm because of "your welcome".
I expect you to throw any "buts" and arguments into PMs instead of public places.
I expect you to be civilised and nice as a player (not the character), and not start any drama because of the module.
I expect us all to use third person limited, and not go overboard with formatting - just stick to the basic English rules and don't make a special snowflake out of your post - we're all equal here.
[/div]

[div class=fon]
APPLYING FOR THE MODULE
In short, answer here, adding who you want to play as (roughly), telling a little bit about them (note, a little bit - I will be honest while saying I will not read pages upon pages of backstory, I just would like to know who do you prefer to play as, as well as to see if our styles of narrative click), and mention about how they got into the said swamp, their goals (short and long-term), desires, and flaws. Special notes about goals, desires, and flaws, I don't mean something like "a terrible swettooth, likes chocolate too much", I mean triggers a DM can use to guide your character.
After a needed number of applicants will be reached or exceeded, and the thread closed, I'll make a PM thread, where we'll discuss organisation moments where we'll discuss about dice rolls, where exactly do we start, talk about characters and their sheets, etc. After that, a thread shall be started on these forums with the game.
I'd like to keep formatting to a minimum, and forget about the existence of bold, coloured, and differently fonted text, and just stick to links, proper grammar and punctuation, links for any images instead of images themselves, and using formatting only to emphasize something, like I did just there.
[/div]

[div class=fon]
TIPS AND QUESTIONS
You will start as lvl3 characters.
Point-buy or rolls will be determined by the players.
Discord server or Skype conversation can be made.
I strongly suggest to think about healing, as the ways to do it would be limited.
I strongly suggest not having a party of bards.
[add yours]
[/div]

Last edited:
I am interested in joining this game as 1 of 3 characters

A Human variant barbarian with the Savage Attacker feat. Urchin background, Great Axe, He likes to collect bones from his enemies and work them into his ragged robes. He stumbled into these swamps in search of a man he thought he had killed years ago. Legend has it the man walks among the living. This is more than a wound to his pride. Killing this man is how he got his name sake and status within his clan. He cannot return without the sorcerer's head.

A human variant Life Cleric with the War Caster feat. Acolyte background. Mace and Shield. Heavy armor. This character would be a crusader for Saint Cuthbert. He travels this far from the world he knows in search of a lost child. His stepdaughter Meredith.

A human variant Paladin of Conquest duel wielding hand axes with the Fell Handed feat. Soldier Background. This character has ventured here on orders. Punishing orders really. He had challenged his superior on an important call. His superior decided to teach him a lesson by sending him out here.

I have these characters in full, but I wasn't going to take the time to write it all out until we chose one.

I am interested in joining this game as 1 of 3 characters

A Human variant barbarian with the Savage Attacker feat. Urchin background, Great Axe, He likes to collect bones from his enemies and work them into his ragged robes. He stumbled into these swamps in search of a man he thought he had killed years ago. Legend has it the man walks among the living. This is more than a wound to his pride. Killing this man is how he got his name sake and status within his clan. He cannot return without the sorcerer's head.

A human variant Life Cleric with the War Caster feat. Acolyte background. Mace and Shield. Heavy armor. This character would be a crusader for Saint Cuthbert. He travels this far from the world he knows in search of a lost child. His stepdaughter Meredith.

A human variant Paladin of Conquest duel wielding hand axes with the Fell Handed feat. Soldier Background. This character has ventured here on orders. Punishing orders really. He had challenged his superior on an important call. His superior decided to teach him a lesson by sending him out here.

I have these characters in full, but I wasn't going to take the time to write it all out until we chose one.

They all sound very fitting for the campaign, tbh. The only things that might not be fitting are urban feats and classes (such as say, Glamour Bard), and healing abilities of a Cleric and Paladin might just come in handy.

We'll just have to wait and see if other people are interested.

I'm interested in playing. I've been trying to form a group irl, but my friends are just clowning about actually playing.
I own the DnD Starter Set, and could obtain the PhB if needed.

As for which class I play, I'm fine picking a class that would even out our group.
As for some character archetypes I have in mind:

1. A (human) woman of the seas, a woman who lovers hunting down magical artifacts, and using them, or selling them. She thirst for treasure. Her weapon is a Whip, and/or a Rapier.
2. A being of the healing fist. His hands can be used to either heal or curse. He/she is in tune with the spiritual realm. Does their best to deny their emotions, and urges. Seeks a path of godliness.
3. A (human) man of justice. He wants to cut evil out of existence. He crafts, and enhances weapons. He is skilled with a Bow, as well as dual wielding scimitars.

kevintheradioguy kevintheradioguy I was afraid you would say that lol. It will be hard to choose between the barbarian and the paladin....I will wait until someone else picks theres. Or choose tomorrow. Excited to play either way.

kevintheradioguy kevintheradioguy I was afraid you would say that lol. It will be hard to choose between the barbarian and the paladin....I will wait until someone else picks theres. Or choose tomorrow. Excited to play either way.
Well, I do think that Cleric/Paladin would work better, seeing how healing should be very limited.

I'm interested in playing. I've been trying to form a group irl, but my friends are just clowning about actually playing.
I own the DnD Starter Set, and could obtain the PhB if needed.
If you know the rules already, PhB isn't needed. I'm willing to be helping the newbees out, however, if you feel you need deeper knowledge about the subject, PhB, Xantar's Guide, Volo's Guides are your best friends. As far as I remember, on dndbeyond you can also buy separate articles instead of the whole book. For example, if you want to play as aasimar, but aren't willing to spend 30 bucks on "Elemental alignment" book, you can buy their history,s tats, and variations for some 5 bucks, which are the exact copy of the book text. Maybe they also have some short PhB thing with basic rules.

kevintheradioguy kevintheradioguy
Thank you for DMing, and guiding me throw character creation. I'm doing some research now on Aasimar. I'm down to play as that race. I'm trying to pick a class right now for him.

Back story, and reason to adventure
My character was raised by his adoptive father a no good do gooder (his father operated on his own sense of lawfulness, and morality). He idolizes his father. Him and his father were very close. His father taught him how to how to hunt, and how to fight, two handed blades, dual wielding swords, daggers, and archery. The other role model in his life was a local woman than him who taught him some low level magic, crafting medicine, and archery. One day his father took a job and he never came back. My PC would leave home, and his guardian in search of his father, and living by his father's morals. Occasionally he feels the world talk to him, and guiding him on his path. At level 3 his "Protector Aasimar" unlocks. He's also unaware that he is an Aasimar.

Appearance
Six foot tall dark skinned, red hair that is turning to grey/white, dark hazel eyes.

Class
Hexblade Warlock or Paladin. Since this is my first time Roleplaying in DnD. I think I'll play a paladin with a personal goal of fighting so people in the future won't have to fight. He fights despair in his own heart because he doesn't know how to achieve his goal of stopping every evil in the world. He doesn't care how many lives he has to end as long as the number of lives he saves is greater.

Something like that

Name: Khoury
Race: Human Variant
Racial Bonus: +1 Dexterity and +1 Constitution
Racial Skill: Perception
Racial Feat: Great Weapon Master
Class: Barbarian
Primal Path: Path of the Zealot
Deity: Jergal ( Scrivener of Doom )
Class Skills: Intimidation, Survival
Background: Urchin
Background Skills: Sleight of Hand, Stealth

Class Equipment
a.) Greataxe
a.) Two Handaxes
An Explorer's Pack and four javelins

Background Equipment
A small knife (blood rusted iron blade with an antler handle) A map of a city I grew up in. (Red Xs where each of my child hood friends died) A pet Mouse ( Named: Khalil) A token to remember my parents by ( A small locked box that quietly hums a lovely melody at night but you always forget it in the morning 83 from the CoS trinket list) A set of common clothes ( A tattered black cloak with nothing to hold it closed, whittled bones hand from every available trim) A Belt pouch with 10gp
Trinket: A small cloth doll skewered with needles

Purchased Equipment
Ink Pen 2cp
10x Parchment 1g
2x Whetstone 2cp

Personality Trait
I hide scraps and trinkets in my pockets. I also do not like to bathe.
Ideals
The rich need to be shown what life and death are like in the gutters. The low will rise up and the mighty will topple down Change is the nature of things. I will prove that I am worth rising up.
Bond.
I owe a debt I can never repay to the person who took pity on me (A priest of Jergal who took me in and cared for me instead of writing my name in his book of death.)
Flaws
Gold seems like a lot of money to me and I will do what it takes to get more.

Background Features:
City Secrets

Class Features:
Rage (3 times a day. +2 bonus)
Unarmored Defense (16AC)
Reckless Attack
Danger Sense
Primal Path: Zealot

Path Features:
Divine Fury: (Necrotic)
Warrior of the Gods

STATS

STR: 14
DEX: 16 (1 racial)
CON: 16 (1 racial)
INT: 8
WIS: 8
CHR: 10

AC: 16
HP: 15+15+6= 36
Money: 8gp 9s 6cp

Xanthos Xanthos would you be more comfortable with discord/skype to be helped? Either can be found in my profile.

Grimsvald Grimsvald oh! there's no need to place a character sheet here. Once the players are at least three, I'll create a thread where you can put all of your sheets.

Honestly, I use this site from my phone and that was the easiest way for me to keep the character sheet safe.

I forgot about the discord thing. My home isn't really quiet enough to chat verbally. Does it have a typing option on it? I don't use it any more.

I'd be happy to enter into a group chat

Skills
Divine Sense
As an action, until the end of your next turn, you know the location of any celestial, fiend, or undead within 60 feet of you that is not behind total cover. You know the type of any being whose presence you sense, but not its identity. Within the same radius, you also detect the presence of any place or object that has been consecrated or desecrated. You can use this feature a number of times equal to 1 + your Charisma modifier. When you finish a long rest, you regain all expended uses.
Lay on Hands
You have a pool of healing power that replenishes when you take a long rest. With that pool, you can restore a total number of hit points equal to your paladin level x 5. As an action, you can touch a creature and draw power from the pool to restore a number of hit points to that creature, up to the maximum amount remaining in your pool.

Alternatively, you can expend 5 hit points from your pool of healing to cure the target of one disease or neutralize one poison affecting it. You can cure multiple diseases and neutralize multiple poisons with a single use of Lay on Hands, expending hit points separately for each one.

This feature has no effect on undead and constructs.
Dueling
When you are wielding a melee weapon in one hand and no other weapons, you gain a +2 bonus to damage rolls with that weapon.
Divine Smite
when you hit a creature with a melee weapon attack, you can expend one spell slot to deal radiant damage to the target, in addition to the weapon's damage. The extra damage is 2d8 for a 1st-level spell slot, plus 1d8 for each spell-level higher than 1st, to a maximum of 5d8. The damage increases by 1d8 if the target is an undead or a fiend.

Last edited:
Would this still be open? I'm new to DnD, having never been part of a campaign before, but I would really like to get into it.

I just skimmed the PHB today, and am currently reading it more thoroughly, so I do not yet have character in mind (I would appreciate help tho; the warklock and druid classes have caught my attention and would like to maybe make a character with one of those classes), and I'm not used to dice rpg games, but I would like to give this a try. I understand, however, if this is closed, or you'd rather have more experienced players. ^^

Would this still be open? I'm new to DnD, having never been part of a campaign before, but I would really like to get into it.

I just skimmed the PHB today, and am currently reading it more thoroughly, so I do not yet have character in mind (I would appreciate help tho; the warklock and druid classes have caught my attention and would like to maybe make a character with one of those classes), and I'm not used to dice rpg games, but I would like to give this a try. I understand, however, if this is closed, or you'd rather have more experienced players. ^^

Of course, there's still space for more players, and I am very newbee-positive. Would it be comfortable for you to join the Discord server?

Newbie here with a hankering for adventure. I've never actually played a legitimate game and I know virtually nothing about the process but I've been wanting to try a real rp for a long time. I'm not exactly sure what I'd like to play as but if there's a particular role the party needs I can start from there and make up the backstory and such after that.

Newbie here with a hankering for adventure. I've never actually played a legitimate game and I know virtually nothing about the process but I've been wanting to try a real rp for a long time. I'm not exactly sure what I'd like to play as but if there's a particular role the party needs I can start from there and make up the backstory and such after that.
Thus far, the party has a paladin, a barbarian, a rogue, and a druid. So it is kind of classical: tank, two DDs, and a mage. Two of them are minor healers as well. Therefore, there is no special role left to give, thus, if you pick anything at all, that would absolutely work.

Thus far, the party has a paladin, a barbarian, a rogue, and a druid. So it is kind of classical: tank, two DDs, and a mage. Two of them are minor healers as well. Therefore, there is no special role left to give, thus, if you pick anything at all, that would absolutely work.

Alrighty. In that case I guess I'd like to be (or take the necessary steps towards being) a necromancer if at all possible. Is there any particular guide you can source me to that I should know for the process of creating my character/stats?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back