• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Ehem, I think it's finally time..

elskagalla

Hello, hello. (:
I've been lurking this forum for a few days now and I think it's about time I make my own thread. I'm absolutely in love with roleplaying and I had an amazing partner for well over five years, alas, she thinks she's too good for this hobby now. Which means ya girl has been hung out to dry !! I'm going to try and be as thorough as possible with this post because I want to find people that I'm compatible with for that reason. Her and I really clicked, it's sad to not have her around any longer, but I like to think that when one door closes, another will open. I have high hopes that I'll find some pretty dope partners here too.

About Moi
I'll get the basics out of the way first. My name is Emily, I'm 18-years-old, and I live on the east coast, so I'm in the EST timezone. I'm honestly on at really odd hours sometimes. Some days I'll be here all afternoon, others I'll be on at like 2AM, but I'm usually online at least once a day regardless. I really enjoy becoming friends with the people I'm roleplaying with, I've always found that OOC chat makes the plots last longer.

Plus, I'm a dork. How am I supposed to inform you that I saw a pair of shoes that my character would totally buy if we don't talk ever? That being said, I like to chit chatting about characters. Please, like, send me pictures of your face claim, tell me about your character's favorite foods and TV shows, lets like make fun of them and read those AU tumblr things and imagine our characters. I really like characters. Shocker, I know. :-P

I like talking about other things as well, I'll gladly hear about your day, listen if you need someone to vent to, etc. I'm chatty once I get to know someone and plus, I have a lot of memes up my sleeve. I make vine references. To put things simply, I just really like to have a good time. And hopefully you do too!

What I'm Looking For
I only play male characters and I only do MxM. I don't mind non-binary characters at all either. But our roleplay doesn't need romance. Family plots are intriguing, as well as friendship ones!

I tend to only do realistic/modern plots. I don't have any experience with supernatural or fantasy elements, nor do I know much about futuristic or historical settings. I will say, though, I have an odd fascination with the early 2000s, and I've been craving a roleplay set in like 2007 or something!

I'd want my partner to not be hung up on reply length. I honestly play it all by ear. If we're at a really pivotal moment of the roleplay, and a lot is going down, of course I'll be thorough with my reply. But if there's not too much going on to describe, my reply will probably be about a paragraph or two in length.

As I already said above, I really want a partner who's personable and open to chatting, especially if we're going to brainstorm and whatnot!

Some Oddly Specific and Vague Cravings
Two young adults, sort of lost in life, not really doing much with themselves. Laziness, it's that dry, scorching time of the summer, so there's lots of laying around and doing absolutely nothing productive. Lots of late night drives with cigarettes hanging from their mouths and Fleetwood Mac blaring on the car radio, deep conversations, etc.

They met on Myspace. It's (take a guess) 2007 ( !!!! ) and they're loners, outcasts, insecure, etc. etc. Maybe someone's being catfished. Maybe they know each other in real life but can't talk in person for whatever reason. Major, maaajor bonus points if you wanna write this through messages sent from one character to another. Like, in their voices, almost as if they're IMing one another.

Two characters, stuck in a doctors office, receiving treatments for their rare disorders. Feelings of isolation, missing out on life. They help one another pass the time by, though, and bond over their medical struggles. Maybe they even make their own adventures in the hospital or something.

CharacterA is involved in sex work. CharacterB is a lonely businessman. He's got nothing going for him, he lives a super mundane life. Maybe he's widowed and never recovered from that. CharacterB's friend calls a prostitute for him, almost as a joke, because he knows B would hate this. Sure enough, when CharacterA shows up to his apartment, B is mortified. But B invites A to stay the night, shower off, maybe he gets A some warm pajamas, etc anyways. And all this time, A is absolutely shook, thinking, why is this guy being so nice? But CharacterB loves not being so alone for once. I'd like to be CharacterA.

I have a lot of other ideas swimming around in my brain, so I'll add to this as I hone in on some! But if you've taken an interest, please do let me know. (: I'd always be open to hearing your ideas too and brainstorming!

Hope to hear from some of you soon. (: xx

I can't express how much I enjoyed reading this. I like the first one of your truly oddly specific cravings, I'd be willing to do that with you.

And yeh, I'd be willing to sit and go through literally every detail about my character.

Hello, hello. (:
I've been lurking this forum for a few days now and I think it's about time I make my own thread. I'm absolutely in love with roleplaying and I had an amazing partner for well over five years, alas, she thinks she's too good for this hobby now. Which means ya girl has been hung out to dry !! I'm going to try and be as thorough as possible with this post because I want to find people that I'm compatible with for that reason. Her and I really clicked, it's sad to not have her around any longer, but I like to think that when one door closes, another will open. I have high hopes that I'll find some pretty dope partners here too.

About Moi
I'll get the basics out of the way first. My name is Emily, I'm 18-years-old, and I live on the east coast, so I'm in the EST timezone. I'm honestly on at really odd hours sometimes. Some days I'll be here all afternoon, others I'll be on at like 2AM, but I'm usually online at least once a day regardless. I really enjoy becoming friends with the people I'm roleplaying with, I've always found that OOC chat makes the plots last longer.

Plus, I'm a dork. How am I supposed to inform you that I saw a pair of shoes that my character would totally buy if we don't talk ever? That being said, I like to chit chatting about characters. Please, like, send me pictures of your face claim, tell me about your character's favorite foods and TV shows, lets like make fun of them and read those AU tumblr things and imagine our characters. I really like characters. Shocker, I know. :-P

I like talking about other things as well, I'll gladly hear about your day, listen if you need someone to vent to, etc. I'm chatty once I get to know someone and plus, I have a lot of memes up my sleeve. I make vine references. To put things simply, I just really like to have a good time. And hopefully you do too!

What I'm Looking For
I only play male characters and I only do MxM. I don't mind non-binary characters at all either. But our roleplay doesn't need romance. Family plots are intriguing, as well as friendship ones!

I tend to only do realistic/modern plots. I don't have any experience with supernatural or fantasy elements, nor do I know much about futuristic or historical settings. I will say, though, I have an odd fascination with the early 2000s, and I've been craving a roleplay set in like 2007 or something!

I'd want my partner to not be hung up on reply length. I honestly play it all by ear. If we're at a really pivotal moment of the roleplay, and a lot is going down, of course I'll be thorough with my reply. But if there's not too much going on to describe, my reply will probably be about a paragraph or two in length.

As I already said above, I really want a partner who's personable and open to chatting, especially if we're going to brainstorm and whatnot!

Some Oddly Specific and Vague Cravings
Two young adults, sort of lost in life, not really doing much with themselves. Laziness, it's that dry, scorching time of the summer, so there's lots of laying around and doing absolutely nothing productive. Lots of late night drives with cigarettes hanging from their mouths and Fleetwood Mac blaring on the car radio, deep conversations, etc.

They met on Myspace. It's (take a guess) 2007 ( !!!! ) and they're loners, outcasts, insecure, etc. etc. Maybe someone's being catfished. Maybe they know each other in real life but can't talk in person for whatever reason. Major, maaajor bonus points if you wanna write this through messages sent from one character to another. Like, in their voices, almost as if they're IMing one another.

Two characters, stuck in a doctors office, receiving treatments for their rare disorders. Feelings of isolation, missing out on life. They help one another pass the time by, though, and bond over their medical struggles. Maybe they even make their own adventures in the hospital or something.

CharacterA is involved in sex work. CharacterB is a lonely businessman. He's got nothing going for him, he lives a super mundane life. Maybe he's widowed and never recovered from that. CharacterB's friend calls a prostitute for him, almost as a joke, because he knows B would hate this. Sure enough, when CharacterA shows up to his apartment, B is mortified. But B invites A to stay the night, shower off, maybe he gets A some warm pajamas, etc anyways. And all this time, A is absolutely shook, thinking, why is this guy being so nice? But CharacterB loves not being so alone for once. I'd like to be CharacterA.

I have a lot of other ideas swimming around in my brain, so I'll add to this as I hone in on some! But if you've taken an interest, please do let me know. (: I'd always be open to hearing your ideas too and brainstorming!

Hope to hear from some of you soon. (: xx

I'm interested!

Numbers 2 and 4 both appeal to me. If you want maybe we could talk more about some details, get to know each other, and see if we jive in a pm?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back