• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic Echoes of the Past (Space Opera)

Sir Hawke

Back to rping from a long break
transgalactic_dawn_by_cosmic_angler_dcz7dab-fullview (1).png
(art by me)

A galaxy of life, great beasts roaming through the abyss dancing along magnificent ships cutting their way through the black depths. Creatures of all shapes living side by side, from the mighty Creatas to the beautiful Taren. It’s a galaxy where life is rarely ever boring, yet for many who seek ever more adventure, there is the practice of "echo hunting".

The Builders, a species now long forgotten, that existed many millennia before the current galaxy but have disappeared. They have left behind many relics and artefacts, all of which now lie defunct all over the galaxy. Yet occasionally they revive, if just for a second and when they do, a signal is sent out, which creates a small ringing echo within the head of anyone who catches it.

For those people who choose to answer, to follow the echoes to their source, braving other hunters and monsters to reach these artefacts, great fortunes await. Though for some there is always the dream that they could find something… more.

But the echoes are not the only thing people are chasing, for in every corner of the galaxy a new adventure emerges, a new galactic threat to discover. Within the bowels of a gigantic Hive Ship people are begining to go missing, engineers who work near the core of this ancient ship.

And not all is well in paradise, for the heir to the Scion Empire has disappeared prompting a swirl of confusion and fear. For if they’re not found, the oldest empire is in danger of falling

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you’ve made it this far, I thank you for taking interest in my sandbox sci-fi world. Full of its space monsters and hidden secrets, there’s a whole galaxy of possibilities.

How I intend to run this is with a focus on characters, I’ve provided a world and a few possibilities to use as a starting point, lots of secret organisations to join and a good dose of galactic threat to loom over the heads of everyone. But that is for the future, for the galaxy is wide and there is still time to spare.

So the intent is to have a very sandbox feel to it, while providing enough of a structure to ensure the story doesn’t just peter out with no end goal in sight. So when new plots are introduced I’ll do my best to tie it into the overall story. I want to try this because as a deep fan of space operas I always love the feeling of this vast expansive galaxy with lots of stuff going on, a feeling I want to capture here with a multi-plotline story. However if people reading this show enough interest in one section, that could easily be turned into the main focus, another alternative is to run major plots as large seperate entities which can cross over and merge with eachother.

If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to ask them here, or throw them at me via discord

(Extra Lore, though don't feel entirely bound by this, feel free to create your own species and factions)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rules: I tend not to be an overly rule heavy person
  • Be kind to your fellow rper​
  • Try and keep posts to a decent length so people have things to respond to (1-2 paragraphs is fine)​
  • Don’t godmod or assume others actions​
  • Have fun​

Users who are viewing this thread

Back