• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Dying Dynasties - Nations of Hoken-Chi

DemetrioMachete

Messiah of the New Night
Map (7).jpg
The Setting, as it stands
It is a transitioning point in time, between the Medieval ages and the Renaissance era. In a plane different from our own, yet still similar, the isolated nation of Hoken-Chi, a vague parallel to our own Japan, has undergone a rapid array of changes, for better, or for worse. The nations of Akizumi, Bitoku, Chowa, and Chikara have seen repeated wars between one another, all while immigrants from the western Empire of Grendel have begun to appear, seeking anything from knowledge, to wealth, to war. All the while, spirits from the Yokai realm have been preparing for the next Blood Moon, eager to step into the material world from the haunted Citadel of Shadows, or Kage no Josai. Shoguns of Hoken-Chi's kingdoms, the guerrilla shinobi clans, and the western immigrants are about to be drawn into a war the likes of which has never been seen on Hoken-Chi's soils. Questions yet remain, what will become of Hoken-Chi? Will there be stability? Will the Yokai overrun it and drag it into the spirit world? Will the Empire of Grendel send their armies across the Titan's Strait? Their fate lies with you...

Expectations for this Setting
I had a go with this setting some time ago. But alas, I was inexperienced and strict, and thus, it died out. I want to restore this setting and revitalize it with a new vigor. If this appeals to you, you are more than welcome. I will allow you to assume the role of any particular chap in the setting, and help you with any questions you might have as I finish up the world-building. As for designated roles, I do have a few, here:

• Shogun of Chikara (claimed by Heyitsjiwon Heyitsjiwon )
  • Shogun of Bitoku (claimed by Sylvio Sylvio )
  • Daimyo of Akizumi (vacant)
  • Daimyo of Chowa (claimed by DemetrioMachete DemetrioMachete )
  • Lord of the Yokai Realm (claimed by enterelysium enterelysium )
  • Emperor of Grendel (claimed by Pat Pat )
If you are interested in this roleplay, let me know, and I shall make you a part of the worldbuilding!

LINKS-

Last edited:
The Shoguns of the kingdoms, the Emperor of Grendel, his highest ranking knights, leaders of the Shinobi clans, and essentially any high ranking Yokai I would imagine to have high-end weapons and armor. I could give some examples, like say, a Greatsword wreathed in magical flames, or a bow with arrows that can redirect if they miss. Armor that produces illusions of yourself, or maybe a shield that can redirect spells back at an enemy caster. Utility items like ointment capable of reattaching severed limbs or a wand/staff that strengthen's ones spellcasting. Stuff like that.

If you do attach a legendary, named item to yourself, I would like to see a bit of its origins and history included with your character.

You may. I haven't placed any rules on Shinobi, so you are in charge of what land your shinobi clan is most active in.

Okay, looks like we are out of fixed roles! All further peeps interested in joining this rp will be on the more freelance side of things. Grendelian Knights, Hoken-Chi Samurai, Shinobi, Yokai, maybe something else to surprise me? Who knows.

Ah, fantastic!

I gave the lore a read while waiting for your reply, so that's under wraps. Would you have me put an OC in the profile page first, or are there other things you need to ask me?

Eh, I was asking a whole lotta questions for the major characters, but now I can keep it relatively simple. If I do have any questions later on I will ask, though

Users who are viewing this thread

Back