• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom DWMA - A Sound Soul - Soul Eater RP

Oh my, I just looked it over and realized that Kayden would have the biggest fit and just stay out of the NEW program. Partners and teams? He's already 20 miles away xD

Hoki said:
Oh my, I just looked it over and realized that Kayden would have the biggest fit and just stay out of the NEW program. Partners and teams? He's already 20 miles away xD
He can take it up with Lord Death. Or not sign up xD And remain a NOT student xD

RubyRose said:
He can take it up with Lord Death. Or not sign up xD And remain a NOT student xD
Woah, wait, am I misunderstanding? Is the NOT student just not a student or is it a program..? Oh lawdy I'm so sorry

Hoki said:
Woah, wait, am I misunderstanding? Is the NOT student just not a student or is it a program..? Oh lawdy I'm so sorry
NOT is kind of like a regular student at the school. They don't get missions. They are a program- but they're the ones who have regular classes all the time.

Soul and them, in the SoulEater anime were EAT students but they're the top of the top in fighters.

And the likelihood of any of our characters all being EAT students as they all desired was... not quite possible since a lot of them are first time partnerings and have no real experience with battle.

RubyRose said:
NOT is kind of like a regular student at the school. They don't get missions. They are a program- but they're the ones who have regular classes all the time.
Soul and them, in the SoulEater anime were EAT students but they're the top of the top in fighters.

And the likelihood of any of our characters all being EAT students as they all desired was... not quite possible since a lot of them are first time partnerings and have no real experience with battle.
Ah, I see. Now, I understand how it'd be extremely Mary Sue-ish (and I hate being a Mary Sue, so much that I'd completely alter everything about my character to avoid it) but because of how Kayden is and what's experienced, and what he's done, I feel like he would be an EAT student - especially with his considerably "special" case? It is Mary Sue to think that, I apologize, but do you have an opinion on that matter?

(With my derpy imagination, I imagined Kayden being in EAT but Lord Death being like "Ayy before I can let you do anymore you gotta try partnering~" I'm so sorry, my head is random xD )

Hoki said:
Ah, I see. Now, I understand how it'd be extremely Mary Sue-ish (and I hate being a Mary Sue, so much that I'd completely alter everything about my character to avoid it) but because of how Kayden is and what's experienced, and what he's done, I feel like he would be an EAT student - especially with his considerably "special" case? It is Mary Sue to think that, I apologize, but do you have an opinion on that matter?
(With my derpy imagination, I imagined Kayden being in EAT but Lord Death being like "Ayy before I can let you do anymore you gotta try partnering~" I'm so sorry, my head is random xD )
How long has he been at the DWMA?

I don't see any training that might have pushed him to EAT level..

And I don't think it's fair to allow your character into EAT when I haven't allowed any others.

RubyRose said:
How long has he been at the DWMA?
I don't see any training that might have pushed him to EAT level..

And I don't think it's fair to allow your character into EAT when I haven't allowed any others.
Lol I figured as much, no worries. And I never told of time at DWMA because I kept thinking of the orientation. And that's totally fine, he'll probably just be the NEW student then. I feel bad for asking - that was like really Mary Sue-ish I'm so sorry >.<

So I have another question (sorry) NEW students have partners and right and can't mission alone, but what about in his case?

Would William already be assigned a Partner [Weapon], or would he have to go to Lord Death about that? Sorry, I've been kinda hesitant about posting even after reading the recap. Kinda hard to jump into a roleplay that has multiple things going on.

Can I use this moment to character build kagoma. Logically we should time skip a week so kagoma can fight. But I was thinking maybe kagoma invites them out to hear her sing in like a open mic club

Alright. It'd make sense for them to train for the mission instead of jumping right into it because of Kagoma being hurt so yeah...

I was thinking a time skip would be beneficial soon.

Hoki said:
Lol I figured as much, no worries. And I never told of time at DWMA because I kept thinking of the orientation. And that's totally fine, he'll probably just be the NEW student then. I feel bad for asking - that was like really Mary Sue-ish I'm so sorry >.<
So I have another question (sorry) NEW students have partners and right and can't mission alone, but what about in his case?
See, that was another case in point... that he'd need to talk to Lord Death about.

Don't feel bad about asking- it was a fair enough question.

Besides, the worst thing I could say is no. And just so we're on the same page I didn't do it to be mean or anything, just that I've told others no because of NEW and I want your character to be a part of NEW as well.

But anyway, I figured he could go attempt to sign up without a partner and then be declined and go talk to Death or he could just go to Death from the start. Up to you :)

[QUOTE="Imaginative Code]Would William already be assigned a Partner [Weapon], or would he have to go to Lord Death about that? Sorry, I've been kinda hesitant about posting even after reading the recap. Kinda hard to jump into a roleplay that has multiple things going on.

[/QUOTE]
Understandable.

So if they sign up for NEW and you can't find somebody in the roleplay to be your partner, I figured either we could make an NPC for the character or I could write up a basic partner. Or you're always free to create a secondary character as your character's partner.

If you want to see if anyone else joins that could be your characters partner you could create an NPC for the time being to send off if someone does join. It's entirely up to you.

RubyRose said:
Understandable.
So if they sign up for NEW and you can't find somebody in the roleplay to be your partner, I figured either we could make an NPC for the character or I could write up a basic partner. Or you're always free to create a secondary character as your character's partner.

If you want to see if anyone else joins that could be your characters partner you could create an NPC for the time being to send off if someone does join. It's entirely up to you.
Ryu is autonomous, but he's looking for a partner to see if it'll work for him, so he's free to partner up with any new meisters if they so desire. @Imaginative Code @SenpaiMagnum

Last edited by a moderator:
RubyRose said:
See, that was another case in point... that he'd need to talk to Lord Death about.
Don't feel bad about asking- it was a fair enough question.

Besides, the worst thing I could say is no. And just so we're on the same page I didn't do it to be mean or anything, just that I've told others no because of NEW and I want your character to be a part of NEW as well.

But anyway, I figured he could go attempt to sign up without a partner and then be declined and go talk to Death or he could just go to Death from the start. Up to you :)
Oh, I understand entirely; you're keeping it fair across the board no matter what the circumstance may be. Other rps that I've done in the past (less official than this) have functioned in this same manner and it has served them well.

One more question - and this should be my last xD Whoops: I feel like I should already know this, but would I have to do Lord Death's part as well? I understand the NPC that rejects him and all, but what about the great Shinigami himself?

Hoki said:
Oh, I understand entirely; you're keeping it fair across the board no matter what the circumstance may be. Other rps that I've done in the past (less official than this) have functioned in this same manner and it has served them well.
One more question - and this should be my last xD Whoops: I feel like I should already know this, but would I have to do Lord Death's part as well? I understand the NPC that rejects him and all, but what about the great Shinigami himself?
That's entirely your choice.

When DarkSoul180's character interacted with Lord Death they wrote him and when Lord Death spoke to the students I wrote him. I can easily write him again :) But if yo prefer to write him that's fine too.

@Shippo

So we're having a time skip, so that we all trained up?? Btw @RubyRose I want to ask you a private question if that's Ok with you? Its about the rp!

Would it be better if I made a meister or if I made a weapon? If I went with a meister it'd likely be a staff or sword user who doesn't do well with other people since he is pretty shy. If it was a weapon I'd likely choose a long range gun, a staff, or a fist weapon. Personality would vary on weapon

Last edited by a moderator:
Airagog said:
Would it be better if I made a meister or if I made a weapon? If I went with a meister it'd likely be a staff or sword user who doesn't do well with other people since he is pretty shy. If it was a weapon I'd likely choose a long range gun, a staff, or a fist weapon. Personality would vary on weapon
It's up to you :D I'm not sure about the balance between meisters and weapons in the Roleplay, but it's almost even... I suggest you be a meister, to help the balance, but it's up to you! It's your character! Can't wait to Roleplay with your character!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back