• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy đź‘‘duty bound🏹 (lazy-lit writer searching for a similar partner willing to play lead male character for specific idea)

Pigeon.

bird brain
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
What/who am I seeking?
  • I am seeking a detailed roleplayer who is over 18 for a medieval/high fantasy roleplay for the below premise. I'd describe myself as lazy-lit, easily capable of 1000k posts but will vary length depending on what's needed, and often prefer shorter (but still multi-para) replies.​
  • Please note that I can only commit to weekly posts (more when work isn't busy).​
  • It would be fairly heavily focused on a main m x f pair (of which I'd be playing the lead female), and the trope has been done before - but I'm a sucker for a romance.​
  • Alongside the relationship between our leads, I really want to build a rich and diverse world, with plenty of side characters of various fantasy races. I expect us to be plotters and planners in OOC.​
  • Anything is up for question here, and 'The Ranger' character is negotiable (appearance, background, hopes and fears etc.) - just see it as a placeholder for your own ideas.​

6-P1hQJG_2NAR6aBuddz7A4RExKZ7ROOLKWgKbtkV15QElAUh-jGSAiYy6XU5J6Cb-QuDJAzy2Qtz6bZvrNSzOLbyKkJMqaSY_yehEFmNtKPSXx8Bu1wgIn11oKHE-AAroeL1ML-M155sXM5D8A1Gmc

DUTY BOUND

There are many who call this vast world home. From the orc-chiefs of the Eastern Plateau, to the wood elves of the Rolling Forests, to the dwarves of the Northern Gorges - across the centuries, alliances have been forged and broken, wars fought and lost.

Humans, with their humble non-magic lives and merely moderate strength, somehow reign just as powerful in these lands. There are four established human kingdoms, all with their own noble histories - but friendships have fallen on hard times, and there are many warring factions outside of kingdom walls seeking to gain power.

One logical solution pervades the minds of the monarchs - to continue the tradition of arranged marriage. A Princess from the West has been promised to a Prince from the East with the aim of creating a new, impermeable alliance - but this decision is largely secret in order to keep the powerful Northern kingdom from growing suspicious of a new allegiance, and to fulfil an incomplete promise to the peaceful South to make amends.

However, getting the Princess to the East will be no easy feat. Factions of humans and other creatures lie in the lands between these kingdoms, and she would be a valuable treasure in any negotiation. The decision has been made that she will journey undercover, and be under the protection of a Ranger who is in debt to the Western king. The journey is set to take at least three full moons - what troubles will they find along the way, and what unexpected feelings will arise?

The Premise: Duty-bound to carry out their parts in the quest, the naïve Princess with hidden magical potential and the battle-worn Ranger who seeks a quieter life traverse across the lands. They encounter many along the way, be them friend or foe. When the Ranger realises that his protection of the Princess has gone beyond his duty, that he feels for her, he becomes conflicted in his duty to deliver her to her future husband. Meanwhile, the Princess, having had a taste of the world, has doubts that she wants a life as a Queen Consort, and begins to want a different life…perhaps one with her protector.

bz6-omifxV7XMjOC_aUsfoTbt_fYj4ghEAj9tJnVyVoTqCirN-_Jwrmgv0iHPPETNRKIk_GMZBaIsIof0ONss5XIeT5el2f1pmZxZfsUCOAtPIWWeQWLy8D4bopHOVTmSXoozQs8py1dM_5ttO6_StQ
Fl6ZbNl5J6bVWijuBptUF6I-A_YhPplrJF2Du6-LaS6vSMIdA0n8twtTNtLD32f0knGuomqGK796EW1lidvnXbWz-_LaX2VowxfoswJnfun0knonccfY5NF8xWU_j0Gl1Keonhwnw2zeqH7AyZCAvo0
uus9yWF5_4gdFkKJcn0VmTeJkybk04X3WDpNIYXtEnFu1_xuJ6H_diF439VsDnxuAaac_0yzgdoG3z15ykizhtM2xIbC7X85y6EhdH_Ti1oVKLvUUAQJ7MZLjPeAY91Kv1KvmfpyacY0uBS77MKase0

The Princess:

→ early twenties
→ third child to the monarchs of the West, brought up learning world history and law despite knowing or seeing little of it in practice
→ great-great grandmother was a high elf, although this ancestry as been hidden from her and no magic has been present in the family line (yet)
→ betrothed to the eldest son on the King of the East, who is twenty years her senior
→ has lived a mostly sheltered and comfortable life, little knowledge of the world outside of the kingdom, but is kind and compassionate
→ under no illusions that this marriage must take place - she is duty bound to do so

-8K5eFPA62Y8NErIP67rmdfRziko4FtCOIVKfGIKmMYI0fztE49iVw_BQgu198-YPaMI5ZjUnWavj6aa3tFpivX_VsslU8vFYn9cIUXK6bpd0MGzsVXORMBMzIi_S78oFGgDGCf3tlVogN7V0_Q__FU

The Ranger:

→ late twenties/early thirties
→ orphaned at a young age, became a squire in the King’s household
→ a knight of the castle guard upon reaching adulthood, he then went rogue after joining a republic faction
→ one year after joining this faction, it was crushed by an opposing one, and it was the King’s guard who saved him despite deserting them previously
→ he has worked as an independent ranger for the King since, and is duty-bound to carry out any mission or request he is given - he has desires to settle and live a normal life, but is afraid to pursue this ideal

BS80bBClZvFvfC49W2_6PpPhWWfGIIGjyhqdKn6tSJ0bdDlhsmDeawR7UNtueHDSgC3Hf3_2e0PgeMCUE3YMUK1AbbXNWLM9rqIGSjuMInn1mKRPKhMo860ctHRmxkCNyh1RM9GoPZNOagcBY6c_CO4

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back