• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Dungeon "RPG" RP (similar to D&D)

Everett

A cat in disguise (>'o'
What it is

I basically wanted to setup a dungeons and dragons type RP, I would be the "dungeon master" as they call it in D&D, I would be describing the settings, what would be in the same room as you, loot that is available, stuff like that. I will use the dice rolling concept to decide whether you pick the loot up or if you lose the loot, situations like that. There will be monsters that I will control, yeah they will be hard and lots will be easy, but I wont give any side a one-shot kill type creature. I will have you choose races which will increase your chances of loot and stuff like that. (Please suggest other types of rolling that we can possibly do.)

Races (suggestions open)

Goblins (+1 to loot roll)

Dwarfs (+2 to loot roll, easier to die)

Blood Elves (and regular elves) (Ranged)

Trolls (+1 to loot being greater that what you see)

Undead (very easy to kill, +5 to loot roll)

Humans (Hard to kill, -1 to loot roll)

Angels (Fly - cant be hit by ground troops. Limit of 1, -1 to loot roll)

Devils (Steals loot from people's loot rolls, Limit of 1, -1 to loot roll)

Classes

Warriors (Hard to kill, Easy to hit, Wields swords, HEAVY axes, daggers.)

Rouges (Easy to kill, Hard to hit, Uses staffs, spell books.)

Rangers (Easy to kill, Hard to hit, Wields bows, daggers)

Monk (Medium to kill, Medium to hit, Wields daggers, can heal other players based on roll)

Please do give suggestions, I want to make this awesome and fun for everyone.

Okay.

No idea what D&D is like, as I've never played it.

Though I would like to try this loot roll thing. (What does the loot mean?)

Awesome, right now I'm going to bed so ill make it first thing when I get home tomorrow. Ill let you guys know.

I heartily suggest you look at Dungeon World, which does this pretty well and is free, last I checked.

Ooh.

I'll check it some time later.

Hopefully before it starts to become paid access.

If I can remember...

Curse my bad memory, it's making me insecure.

I think it's incredibly relevant to what you're doing? It's a good game. There's more to using dice than rolling for loot (which is meaningless unless the loot does something in the context of the dice mechanics).

Rolling for loot - the higher the roll the better the items. Makes perfect sense. I use it for things other than looting.

Oh, no, it does what you're doing with greater depth and complexity.

I mean, you've hardly talked about the way the dice will work, and if you want a loot-grinding Skinnerbox, then Path of Exile is on Steam.

Will it be d6s? d10s? d20s? Will it be a dice pool mechanic, or one-roll modified? Is there a point other than loot? What does loot do for you? Will there be combat mechanics, or is that all pure description? Does loot make you better at combat? Will there be character progression? Does loot serve only to widen your descriptive options?

Grey makes a valid point. I was questioning how the game would turn out without the multi-sided dice and stats.

Eggs we have 1 spot left and 2 people who have reserved spots haven't signed up yet. And we dot have stats, it's like a normal RP except with a rpg twist.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back