• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Dumbledore's Army, Still Recruiting (Casual)

monkeymae24

Secretly an Alien, Shhh
The seventh year at Hogwarts.... When the trio was off hunting Horcruxes.... When Muggleborns ran for their lives.... When Voldemort had gained power....
But what happening inside Hogwarts herself?

Sure, we know Snape was headmaster. And we know the students learned the Dark Arts. And that the Carrows dished out brutal punishment to any “wrongdoers”. And we also know that Dumbledore’s Army revived itself in resistance to the regime of the Carrows and Severus Snape.

And that’s what we’re focusing on. The ever-so humble, ever-so mighty DA. They are Dumbledore’s Army. They are Harry’s Army. They are fighters.

This RP will bring light to all the events that took place within Hogwarts that year through the eyes of six DA members; the known and unknown alike.

So join us today, for Dumbledore’s Army is still recruiting.
This is one of my old ideas that I've tried on countless sites, only to have it fail when people magically fall off the face of the earth. Essentially, it is based around the events occurring at Hogwarts within the seventh book while the Golden Trio is off hunting Horcruxes. Because, you know, Jo only gives us so much information on that, so why not explore?

We will focus not only on the series of events Jo has hinted at for our disposal (I will make a list and timeline if there's enough interest) but also on any deviation of our own originality. This roleplay will require OOC discussion for just this reason. Post length will probably rest in a simple 2 to 4 paragraphs, with about 3 posts per week. All characters will be canon, so character sheets will be minimal, likely just name, photograph, age, year, special abilities/talents, Patronus, and House, all of which can be found on the HP wiki.

The minimum amount of players we can do this with is three, as I would like to cover the three main leaders of the DA at the time: Ginny Weasley, Luna Lovegood, and Neville Longbottom. (Note that whoever plays Luna will be required to double, as she never returned from Christmas break after being kidnapped and then subjected to hiding before the Battle of Hogwarts, when she returned. Ginny will go through a similar disappearance around Easter, when the Weasleys were also moved into hiding, but as I will be playing Ginny, that shouldn't be an issue.) I will most certainly allow more players than those three if you'd like to chose a student. And please see this through until the end; it will be worth it to write the battle scenes.

I believe that is it. I will keep a running list of participants and selected characters below.

If you have any questions, don't be afraid to ask! :)

• Ginny Weasley (@monkeymae24)
  • Luna Lovegood (unclaimed)
  • Neville Longbottom (unclaimed)

Wonderful; I had begun to give up on this thread! c:

@soulgrapher, Luna is yours if you want her; you'll just need to chose another character from the DA roster to double as for when she leaves.

@gogojojo331, @Jadea Smyth, we'll need someone to play Neville, or you can chose another member from the roster. (Should be on the wiki somewhere... Ah! HERE! Make sure you don't pick a Muggleborn or someone who is no longer in school. c:)

Another character somebody could be is Cho, and I could be her for the double I'm doing when Luna is imprisoned in Malloy Manor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back