Dreams of the Second Age

Sherwood

Luna's Concubine
Supporter
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Here is the obligatory OOC thread. Use this power wisely.

Last edited by a moderator:
First age is as first age does.

Thinking of making a solar, likely the mate to Varna's lunar. I was thinking of either rolling out a twilight caste, eclipse caste, or dawn caste in that order of want. Can roll with anything if someone is dead set on something but super detail beyond that will come when we get a bit more than "in Rathess". Jumped the gun last time and made a southerner to find the game was up north!

So why did we choose Rathess as our place to be and are we instantly playing survival horror (as in the squatters now trying to survive against us) when we wake up? My memory of it in the third age comes to, "Like Tenochtitlan but flooded, crawling with mindless dragon kings, jungle version of bat country, with a heretic god and his pet solar" while first age it was a super high profile city of worship to Sunshine.

You were approached by a elder Sidereal that had information about the upcoming slaughter, and she pulls the group aside to save you from the attack. She is a servant of the Maiden of Secrets, and with her help, has isolated a few underground chambers in the old capitol from the Loom of Fate to keep you from being found in your slumber. Back in the First Age, Rathess was at one time the seat of the Deliberative, before they moved to the city of Meru.

Also, don't forget that just because I'm starting you off in Rathess, that doesn't mean you have to stay there. You could pack up and move to another part of Creation if you'd like.

That is certainly true. A few more questions come to mind.

1. So the game tag says E5+ but scrolling down the char gen shows E4. Were we going to be starting at E5 and it's mistaken copy pasta like the opening line states or start at E4 and then buy up with your BP points?

2. How are we treating craft?

Last edited by a moderator:
You start at E4, but with your bonus points you can raise it up to the 5-7 mark easily.

Craft sucks. There. I said it. But, for this case, I'll allow Craft to have extra specialties to cover the more esoteric fields, while the main skill will give you a new area to craft per dot. So, a three dot Craft skill could, for example, have Air, Earth and Fire as your areas of knowledge, with Craft Genesis as a specialty.

So it looks like we are going to have two Solars and two Lunars so far. Anyone pairing up as Bondmates?

Sherwood said:
So it looks like we are going to have two Solars and two Lunars so far. Anyone pairing up as Bondmates?
[QUOTE="Action Replay]Thinking of making a solar, likely the mate to Varna's lunar

[/QUOTE]
Yes, craft is bad but a necessary thing for building up the world. If I understand right, say I take 7 dots of craft off the bat. Does that mean I get the generic 5 and 2 esoterics before specialties?

Yes. Not the best fix, but it will keep you from having to sink dozens of points into the skill for no return.

So question, can lunars buy essence at solar BP costs? It's pretty expensive otherwise.

Hey guys. Lets stick all the OOC stuff into this thread, and not in the IC thread. That way I'm not answering the same question multiple times.

So for my character, I think beyond dodge and resistance I'm not going to invest any points in combat skills, and go wholly Intelligence and Social skills. Sorcery with summons will be my primary method of combat, although less for attack and more for supporting our Dawns and Full Moons.

So looking at 2 twilights, a no moon, and a full moon given what we have here and in the not quite so much ic thread. What dawn castes? Although if Sher wants one of everything I could just go eclipse caste.

Last I heard, there were going to be a Dawn. I'm a little tired of Exalted's combat engine, so I'm trying to avoid that if at all possible.

That was in the wrong thread, and varna misunderstanding a private chat. Check back to occ pg 1 near the top. I'll likely be going twi or eclipse with mental and physical focus and slight smattering of social. Unless Sherwood frowns on 2 twilights in the same group, I'm looking at twilight as well.

Ah, you were planning on being a Crafting Twilight. Should be fun to try and work on neat projects with my Sorcerer Twilight.

I am not going to force you guys to take a particular caste or Exaltation. Play what you like. So, @Crocodile and @JayTee, are you guys going to be a Bonded pair? If not, thats fine too. Just wondering.

I don't mind playing a bonded Lunar with any of the open Solars. Also fine with that not being the case.

It looks like JayTee is (at the moment) the only Solar in the group without a Lunar PC. As long as its ok with him, I have no problems with it.

I just made a post in the Character submission thread that all characters will be using the Solar XP and BP charts. This way the Lunars won't be left behind by the Solars. Also, I'm going to be cleaning up the posts in the IC thread, so don't be alarmed if you log in and a post of yours is gone from there.

Whoops, didn't see that there had been replies here. I can be bonded to one of the Lunars, no problem.

Not to worry. If you guys go with that, it will give us two pairs of Bonded Lunars/Solars. It makes sense to me that your Sidereal buddy would have recruited pairs of Exalts like that.

Looking back, I think its funny that the Lunars are going to be the muscle and the two Solars are the Crafter/Sorcerers of the group. Usually, I see at least one Solar playing the role of Golden General. Not that I expect that, I'm just used to seeing it. Any ideas on when your sheets will be ready? @JayTee has said by this weekend, but I'm not holding anyone to that.

Not this time. You guys get so many Charms, you can afford to spend a couple on the Ox Body Technique. Nice try, though.

Watch out for those Jagers. Warstriders, I mean.

@Shining Lotus Sage has asked about joining in the fun, so we may have a third Solar on our hands shortly.

I mean, I'm game for the Lunar mate of the crazy Rathess Solar, just to keeo things chaotic, too. But I haven't considered any concepts around that hook, yet.

Um, not a mate to Filial Wisdom. I have plans for him. Nice try, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back