Dreams of the Second Age

So I have a backstory now in progress, and... most of a sheet. A Waning Moon Lunar Trickerster/Thief with tricks here and there. I'll be thinking of her charms now that I picked them.

Nice to have you with us again Myllinnia! Talked it over with varna and we decided to swap splats. Still bonded, with Varna doing an eclipse caste and me a full moon. First try with a lunar splat, lets see how this one goes over.

Two full moons, a changing moon, a twilight and an eclipse. That's a pretty good mix. Is that the crafter or the sorcerer we just lost?

Oh, it's the crafter. That actually pushes me toward the Dawn. Blacksmithing as a meditative practice, and he only uses material goods he makes for himself. On the spot. And then abandons or gives away.

Perfect Paragon, CNNT, WFG, GSS, and the resistance charm that makes armor are all mandatory. Then I can work out specifics. Punch a mountain until swords for an army tumble out, though.

An interesting mix of character types. I look forward to seeing what everyone comes up with.

If you wish to declare your Solar Bond at levels 1-3, it will be free for you. Level 4 will cost 1, and 5 will cost 2. That way the Lunars can have the effect of a moderate Solar Bond without having to be penalized for it.

Threw down a barebones profile, which will steadily be filled out over the upcoming week and rest of this weekend when I can find the time.

First character to be posted, even if it is a rough draft! Huzzah!

A good bunch of Charms to be had there. I look forward to seeing what everyone comes up with. I have an itch to get this game rollin'!

My chara is up. Well mostly. I have to refine... Tell, Appearance, and Backgrounds. But well I got a very good portion of her done. ^^

Thank you for pointing that out. I had completely missed it. Don't want to short change anyone in the game.

Sherwood said:
Am I reading it correctly that you have fourteen -2 health levels? Quite the damage soaker, especially if you add Halting the Scarlet Flow to that. And you guys were hoping to get free Ox Body Charms. Wow. If I had said yes to that request, it would take me forever to come close to doing mortal damage to you guys. Not that I'm planning on killing you off, but there will be the occasional challenge for you to overcome.
My soak probably won't be all that high starting out tbh. Soaker would still be correct since I plan on taking substance charms and the juggernaut tree. And...taking forever to kill a high essence lunar is sort of the point of a sufficiently invested physical spec high essence lunar. Instead of super specializing from the get go I'm just setting up to buy into things with xp. Which sadly will probably not leave me enough room for martial arts charms from char gen.

[QUOTE="Action Replay]My soak probably won't be all that high starting out tbh. Soaker would still be correct since I plan on taking substance charms and the juggernaut tree. And...taking forever to kill a high essence lunar is sort of the point of a sufficiently invested physical spec high essence lunar. Instead of super specializing from the get go I'm just setting up to buy into things with xp. Which sadly will probably not leave me enough room for martial arts charms from char gen.

[/QUOTE]
I'm not complaining. I was just confirming what I saw. There is absolutely no problem with having a lot of health levels when talking about a E7 Lunar. You will have an occasional foe that will test you, but the biggest challenge will be in deciding where to start to work on your effort to rebuild.

Definitely going to make my guy a heavy, finesse is for other people. lol

So I'll work him up soon. Have to tend to a few things first.

No hurry. We have plenty of time.

Are you done yet? Are you done yet? Are you done yet? ( :P )

So help me I will turn this timeline around and go right back to time not I should have mine done by week's end at the latest. Taking more time to go back and read books to recall relevant info.

So that's two clear-cut heavies, then.

I have the great bulk of crunch posted, barring the Backgrounds that I predicted would be a problem. It should be clear enough that I'm making the sort of jerk who would try to take over Ondar Shambal just to hold it in trust for a Zenith worthy to restore it. And he'd probably think of the Perfect of Paragon as exactly the sort of mortal a fellow wants as bureaucratic retainer. But the stark rejection of both portable wealth and the luxuries that come with temporal power is tricky, here.

Ideas?

Backgrounds are always tricky in high end games because you often end up with way more than you really need. If your character is going for a ascetic vibe, you could get a bunch of artifacts that are more utility based when it comes to nation building and use them for the betterment of others

Also, I could actually use some help picking my sorcery spells, I'm going for utility as a primary, with a few combat spells to act as a siege engine when we need it.

Challenge mode: No summoning suggestions. I'll be picking the obvious ones (Demon of the 1st circle), but for now I'd rather focus on something else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back