• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic DREAD

Newson

grant me eyes

DREAD
(Inspired by The Road, The Last of Us, and the Metro series.)

You could say no one knew the end was coming. The world's economical climate was at an all time low. Developing countries were becoming developed, and the world's superpowers were more powerful than ever. Through progressive military and tax reforms, world peace seemed to be something reasonable. But one day, November 21st, 2024, the world changed. The change was almost instantaneous. Stock markets crashed, missiles were launched from "abandoned" silos, and nations toppled.

The fight for humanity begun, and no one knew what caused it.
Hardly months after the first day of the apocalypse, the world was dead. The end was here. The once great superpowers lay silent, just like the rest of the world. The world became grey, and stuck in a perpetual dark age. The weather only had three settings: gloom, rain, or snow, and the world saw nothing of sunshine. The eight billion people who lived on the Earth was reduced the ashes of its former self. No living soul, if there were any, knew if there was anyone else. The end was miserable and desolate.

That's why it was surprise when there were still people alive.
In the remains of the world, there were people rising from the ashes. There were those who were smart enough to prepare for the end, and those who were lucky enough to survive it. Only time will tell if anyone will make it.

Our story takes place in the dead world which was once called Earth. Our characters will be the tragic story of humanity and its survival through impossible odds. To this day, whatever day it is, no one knows how the world ended. The sane say it was just the end for human society, the insane speculate something bigger than us. Gods ended our rule, or maybe secret organizations running the world behind our backs. No matter the case, modern society was dead.

CREATOR'S EXPOSITION

As stated above, this is a post-apocalypse world. The skies are grey, and the world is empty. Think along the lines of The Road for a setting. The roleplay also takes from the desolate feelings the Last of Us and the Metro series gives us. From our point of view, we do know how the world ended. This may be a bit left-field, but hang in with me: aliens.

Aliens discovered the human race, and have been observing us since the first discovery of UFOs and conception of conspiracy theories. They realized that if we would progress into the realm of technology they had, the humans would be a tidal wave of destruction. They theorized if they destroy the human society, that they may save the rest of the universe. So they did. After the apocalypse, they still monitor the Earth. Although they don't actively survey for life signs and kill them off. The aliens hardly ever travel to the Earth's surface themselves, but they do send down their creatures. Large wolf-like beasts, flying insects larger than eagles, massive humanoid behemoths, and even dog-sized vampiric skulkers. All of these creatures prove threats and dangers to the surviving humans, even humans are threats to humans. This is the world now, and all you can do is survive.

(I will be providing a bestiary guide, along with a few other things your character may encounter. I also will be accepting submissions for possible creatures. I want to see what you may be able to find or create. A lore page will be created once this gains interest, and after that a character sheet for character submissions. Questions are highly appreciated. I'd love to tell you more about this world I've been brewing up. Thank you for reading, and I hope you take interest.)

Last edited:
Interested! I'm curious where the RP will be starting out. Is there any overall goal that the characters will be trying to achieve or will this be more free form?

Interested! I'm curious where the RP will be starting out. Is there any overall goal that the characters will be trying to achieve or will this be more free form?
Thanks for the interest! The roleplay will probably take place a few years after the date of November 21st, 2024. That way the post-apocalyptic world had time to settle, but there are still some things human survivors may not know about. As for a goal, it is more or less a survival story. A character’s goal would be the survive, and possibly band together with other characters. I do have plans to create a plot. As in say, a group of raiders that affects everyone, and there will definitely be something with aliens sometime into the roleplay.

Awesome. Well, I'll definitely be hanging around for when you get the CS up. Looking forward to it!

Sorry everyone! I took a small hiatus from the site over the holidays. It's been busy for me, and today is the first day I've had time to hop on. Once I get back to school next week, I'll be able to spend more time working on this. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back