• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Dragon's Roar: Genesis Intrest Check 2

Loony_Bin

Lost and Confused...I think
Years ago, the heroes from the guild known as Dragon's Roar finally disbanded. After years of saving the world countless times, helping those in times of need, and even cashing in on some sweet commercial deals, everyone went their separate ways, and began to raise families. They thought they were done, they thought they could finally live lives of peace, but unfortunately for the former guild, the world did not forget about them, and they had made many enemies over the years. 

All at once, Dragon's Roar and any and all of those who could be perceived as a threat vanished. Leaving a world already under control of monarchs and corruption further screwed. But, these enemies forgot of one thing: the children of those kidnapped. Now, armed with little more than the clothes on their back, a mana injection in hand, and people they barley know by their side, these kids must step up to not only save the world. but their parents as well. With that said...

Anyone up for a bit of a road trip?

(Dragon's Roar: Genesis is a continuation of Dragon's Roar proper. Don't worry if you don't know anything about the previous RP, you don't need to know anything to join in. All you need to know is that it is a modern fantasy RP with a perma-death system and much lore to explore. The plot is role player controlled, and there's even an interesting power system in place! Just tell me if you're interested, and if you have any questions I'll attempt to answer them as best as possible!)

Link if you want to check it out!: https://www.rpnation.com/forum/489-main/

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh hey, I remember taking a look at the original rp a while ago. Back then I thought it was interesting but I couldn't bring myself to join because you guys were already so far in. (Almost 12000 posts now...seriously!?)

Anyway I'll have to see if I have time to put into this before I outright say I have interest in joining.

Oh hey, I remember taking a look at the original rp a while ago. Back then I thought it was interesting but I couldn't bring myself to join because you guys were already so far in. (Almost 12000 posts now...seriously!?)

Anyway I'll have to see if I have time to put into this before I outright say I have interest in joining.

Don't worry about it! Just glad you even took a moment to check us out

I also understand the amount of posts seem rather large, but do keep in mind that you'll really be fine, it's not something you need to worry about

This sounds like a lot of fun! Il join as soon as the thead gets made i guess.

Would combat be free or will it be ability based?

This sounds like a lot of fun! Il join as soon as the thead gets made i guess.

Would combat be free or will it be ability based?

Well the thread is already up, I even linked it at the bottom of the first post!

Also, I would need you to expand on your question a bit more. What do you mean, would combat be free?

Oh sorry i thought it would be a new thread.

What i ment by free as in you can do whatever you want aslong as its bound by the rules of the game. So in a fight you could say pick up a rock and throw if you were in a area that had rocks

Edit: Just realized how long this had been going for i thought you just linked the original for thoughs who wanted to read the original

Hm...well that's alright within reason, though that is a bit difficult at times as sometimes that can simply come across as an ass-pull sometimes. It's really more ability based unless you ask the thread owner more about the scene, or if the scene itself is explicitly described as having things around.

Hope that answers your question

I am GingerBread, as you may see from my username (Dunno why I decided to introduce myself, but it's staying, so...) 

I am like, the best person in that Rp, like literally the best, ask anyone in there, they all tell you that I'm the best in that Rp, I swear it; Many people in Dragon's roar have told me I'm the best, and I'm like, "I know, thank you" 

I'm not just posting in this to make my mark on it, and take this away from Loki. No, not at all....

Anyhoo, I really like this rp, and I always want new people to join (No one really ever does though, I blame Loki, but he tells me it's the amount of posts in the thing, but I'm not really sure if I believe him.. I mean, look at him, he's a radio, and Radio's lie.. like this one time, the radio told me Elvis wasn't dead) So.. yeah, join.. if you don't enjoy it, your money back, guarantee [SIZE= 10px]This Guarantee only lasts up to one week, and we are in no way responsible if you end up enjoying the rp, and lose a lot of time enjoying it.. though we are responsible for your enjoyment... at least I am [/SIZE] 

Well if you could me get started ginger i would join.

I'd be happy to help you get started and cement my place as best person in DR 

So, what exactly do you need help with to get started? How to jump in? World details? what sort of level of power if good to have? Any questions you've got, I can answer

How would i get started/jump in.

And yes tou are the greatest rp in Dr

Basically once you create a character, if you place them nearby to where the stuff is, or even if you don't, the owner of the thread will help you get into the plot, it's normally really easy to get into the plot, and there'll almost always someone to interact with. :D

What are the rules in what you power source can be? 

There are a variety of power sources for you to use

Mana

Quantity Level - Varied (Typically Moderate)

Potency - Medium

Risk - Stable; low risk

Witch Mana

Quantity Level -Moderate

Potency - Very High

Risk - Unstable, dangerous when used irresponsibly; high risk

Carnage Mana

Quantity Level - High

Potency - High

Risk - Extremely unstable, difficult to use and even more difficult to control; extreme risk

Deity Mana

Quantity Level - High 

Potency - Highest

Risk - Undefined; it's risk depends on the stability and skill of the user that wields it.

Dark Mana

(Informally: Black Magic)

Quantity Level - Moderate 

Potency - High 

Risk - As powerful as it is unstable, resulting in the decay of the mindframe and body of it’s user; high, inevitable risk 

Corruption Mana  (Only like, one person can use this)

Quantity Level - Varied 

Potency - High 

Risk - Highly unstable, corrupts the mind and body of the user if used in excess; extreme risk 

Nature Magic 

Quantity Level - Dependant on location, as it draws power from nature (i.e. proximity to large expanses of forest, the ocean, etc.)

Potency - Moderate 

Risk - Used primarily by Fae creatures (i.e. nymphs, faerie, dryads/druids, etc), this magic, stability dependent on the state of the Fae’s environment; low risk 

(This is in the Overview, though it looks a mess in there, cause it was BBCoded, so I cleaned it up a bit for you)

If you have any more questions about power sources, or whatever, feel free to ask

Am i allowed to take diety mana or is it reserved? I like the idea of having magic that has a huge risk but not one thats a guaranteed death

Am i allowed to take diety mana or is it reserved? I like the idea of having magic that has a huge risk but not one thats a guaranteed death

deity mana is something you can have, if your character is a deity or part deity.

Also, although it says some of them have high risks, it rarely comes up.. it'd be pretty unfair if it did, they'll be enough things trying to kill you already :D  

The only ones that really have a risk (That I'm aware of) Is Corruption mana and Carnage mana.. and maybe witch mana

Oh, and there's also Energy, if you wanna use that 

Whats energy? I checked around for this and couldn't find it.

Im guessing witch mana is only for witches?

Energy is pretty much just like mana, but worse, I guess. Idk, there's not really much information I have on it either, but it's a thing, just so you know

And yeah Witch mana is just for Witches. (In one of the tabs (I think the lore tab, but don't quote me on that) Is a whole bunch of information on witches if you're interested)

The main reason for power source being important, is because everyone in the RP right now, has a really low amount and relys on injections to use their powers at all, and it's so you can't just use a deity mana injection if you run off of normal mana.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back