• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Dragon Heist (Completed)

Take his gun first.
"Wow." Iselas breathed in genuine awe as she looked down at the wand.

Was this how Regongar felt every time he used magic? That was amazing! Even better than that time when she blew up that creepy mud creature in the Xanathar hide-out. Also, this meant more weapons! Unfortunately, she was now in a pretty big hurry to follow her quarry; something that didn't allow her much time. In fact, Iselas only had enough time to pause briefly in an attempt to take the drow's gun before she was intending to launch herself out the window after the other two.

You take the gun, but have to hold it in your hands, as there's no space on your belt or back. Then you follow the escaping drows. When you squeeze through the arrow slit, thankfully you are small enough to do so, you jump off to the nearest roof and see that the drows had already made their away across it.

As soon as you land on the roof, the two swords at your belt fly out of it and the in air above you, then come rapidly straight for your head.

- Dodge (roll for acrobatics check).
- Use the wand.
- Use the necklace.
- Outrun them (roll for athletics check).

Dodge (rolled 19).
"Wha -- !?" Came Iselas' eloquent response as the two swords literally levitated out of her belt loops. Panic flashed bright and hot in her chest as they turned in the air towards her, shooting straight for her head. There was genuinely no time to react or to draw the wand she'd just found. Instead Iselas just reacted by simply trying to dodge and preserve her own life.

You roll over the rooftop, masterfully avoiding the swords. The weapons don't stop and embed in the shingles at full force, getting stuck there for the moment. However, they look like they are trying to get out, so it's best you be on your way.

The two drow elves have quite the advantage on you now. You run over one rooftop, but see a ten feet wide gap ahead of you, yet, as you are strong and agile enough, you jump over the gap without stopping to think, and land safely on the other side. But, you run into a flock of seagulls. startled by your sudden appearance, the birds flutter around you, screeching.

- Avoid them (roll for dexterity check).

Avoid them (rolled 6).
Determination to catch the fleeing drow elves formed in the pit of her stomach; the feeling not dissimilar to sheer resolve. Iselas wasn't about to give up her lead when she'd already gone through so much trouble getting to this exact point. Disrupting the gathering of seagulls seemed to put a wrench in those plans, however, and Iselas made a quiet 'eep!' noise as she attempted to swerve out the way and around them.

The birds hinder you for just a second, before you edge your way around them and continue the chase. The drow elves have a lead on you for two rooftops, but you are gaining on them. You jump to the next rooftop and feel a part of it buckle beneath your feet - it must have been rotten. You have to jump away quickly or risk falling through.

- Jump to safety (roll d20 for dexterity check).

Jump to safety (rolled 18).
Having successfully edged her way around the seagulls Iselas was free to continue giving chase. But, when the stable ground beneath her feet suddenly gave way, she found herself wondering what she could've done to deserve all this misfortune. Why didn't the drow elves fall off a roof or run into a flock of pigeons!? Unable to find another solution Iselas jumped, reaching for the other side of the rotten break beneath her.

Part of the roof collapses, but you jump free off it and continue your chase without looking back. You are closer to your targets now, but they are not stopping. The cold wind blows from the sea and you notice that you have turned somewhere toward the docks, to one of the more suspicious neighbourhoods in the vicinity. As soon as you think that, someone throws a rock at you from the street.

- Dodge (roll for acrobatics check).

Dodge (rolled 7).
The closer the two drow elves ventured in relation to the Dock Ward the more nervous Iselas became. There was a certain drow captain that she'd like to avoid running into again; one she really didn't want to be on the opposite side of in a fight. Her anxious thoughts were thankfully dismantled when a rock suddenly soared through the air towards her, aimed from the street below. Iselas huffed a loud breath and made to jump out of the way, her lips twisted down in an angry scowl.

The rock flies over your head and you continue running. The drow elves are on the first rooftop ahead of you. They have just jumped up to it without pause, however you come to a stop in front of it. The rooftop is ten feet taller than the one you are on and you have to scale it.

- Climb up (roll for athletics check).
- Climb up with the rope (roll for acrobatics check).

Climb up with the rope (rolled 2).
"Why," Iselas asked herself. "Why couldn't they walk down some stairs?" When taking into consideration the fact that Iselas' upper-body strength was abysmal, she was really only left with one viable option. Which was why she decided to unravel the rope tucked away inside her pack. One more roof to go and then she could totally try and kick their asses!

You throw the rope and it catches the chimney on the taller roof. You are able to climb up to the other building then, but there's no time to untie the rope, as you give chase again. A couple of seconds later, you arrive to Mistshore.

latest

Mistshore is a riotous assemblage of ramshackle homes made of wood from old ships and inhabited by impoverished Waterdavians that reeks of fish and scorched timber. A fire swept through the area a little over a year ago, and most of the buildings are now burned-out shells with, at best, sails for roofs.

From your vantage point you see a large beached ship that is the focus of the slum. The drow elves had run that way.

- Run after them.
- Approach slowly.

Run after them.
There wasn't time to dilly-dally or sight-see, and Iselas essentially hit the ground running. Though, she was cautious of the waters below and of any pedestrians. Falling or crashing into someone would only slow her down even more now. She just needed to stop them before they slipped completely from her grasp.

The two drow gunslingers are well armed and armoured. They don't move when you approach them behind the beached ship, only watch you intently. One of them holds the Stone, you see, its faint greenish glow illuminating his hand. The fake one doesn't glow, perhaps this is the real thing finally.

"Why don't you give up already?" One of the drow asks you. "There's two of us and we have guns." His eyes narrow, but neither of them are outright hostile.

- Attack them.
- Talk to them.
- Use an item.
- Something else.

Attack them.
"Listen! I've just had a really bad day, okay!?" Iselas snarled back at the two, her temper riled to its full and rarely seen capacity. And to be fair, it had been a really bad day. Now that she'd caught up to them she retrieved the previous drow elf's gun and aimed for the nearest of the drow elves. There was no hesitation this time when she pulled the trigger -- after all, they'd tried to kill her too. All is fair in love and war, right?

The drows both duck and roll, however you hit the leg of one of them. The other one quickly shoots back at you. The bullet flies in your direction, but before you can dodge it, someone pushes you out of the way and you stumble and fall onto sand.

You see a flash of lightning and the standing drow lets out a scream as the spell electrifies him, rendering him unconscious. The wounded elf, seeing that his companion is incapacitated, flings the Stone into the sea. You cannot see where it falls.

"Dammit!" Regongar snarls and sends his lightning spell at the other drow, before turning to you and offering you a hand to pull you up.

- Talk to Regongar.
- Swim for the Stone.
- Examine the drows.

Swim for the Stone.
"Reg, you saved me...?" Iselas blinked up at him with a confused pinch between her brows. Cautiously she took his hand and he pulled her back to her feet. The last time they'd spoken she'd felt so betrayed that she hadn't known what to do with herself. Thankfully, she was saved from any awkward reconciliations when she realised where the Stone had been thrown.

"Wait! Oh, crap!" She cursed before turning and flinging herself into the water. The Stone glowed green, right? And, maybe -- if she could just get a glimpse of it -- then maybe this all wouldn't have been for nothing!

"No, stop!" Regongar hurries after you and catches your wrist before you can dive in. "The water is deep and it's dark. You cannot just dive in for it." He says as he pulls you away. "There's a better way. Come on, follow me." Without an explanation, he turns toward the slums, then pauses. After looking thoughtfully at the bodies on the shore, Regongar steps toward them and then one by one rolls them in deeper water, until the waves take over.

- Go with Regongar.
- Don't go.

Go with Regongar.
"Don't just --" Iselas righteous anger died abruptly on her tongue as she suddenly remembered just who she was speaking to. Her previous fury and combined panic simmered just below the surface, not so easily put away. Still, it was almost instinctive for her to follow the half-orc after all this time. Shadowed eyes watched as he pushed the bodies into the water -- she was briefly reminded of the unconscious drow elf she'd left in the tower -- and breathed a quiet sigh.

"Well, you are not as enthusiastic as I expected you to be." Regongar grins, his tusks glinting. He looks well, for a man in hiding from both the Watch and the Zentharim. "Are you still mad about something?" He looks a bit confused with the notion, but before you can answer, he stops in front of an upturned sailboat and opens a wooden door that had been carved into its side.

A moment later you are faced with an elderly woman, tinkering on a huge automaton.

olga-drebas-dnd-web-broadway-1.jpg

"Reg, is that you?" She asks absentmindedly, not turning from her work. "Have you finally decided to scour the bottom of the ocean?I know that there's good treasure there."

"No, Grinda, but I've come to borrow your little friend." Regongar answers.

"What?" The woman looks up then, and notices you for the first time. "What do you want to do with it?"

- Tell the truth.
- Lie.
- Make a deal.
- Bribe her.

Last edited:
Make a deal.

A quiet snort of amusement escaped the half-elf before she hold it back. Because honestly? Iselas should've known that Regongar would have no idea about why she was upset with him; and if he didn't know about her trust issues then it was probably for the best. Normally she would say something like 'boys are so stupid' but at this point she was convinced that Renaer was more emotionally developed than she was.

"Woah," Came Iselas' eloquent response as she gazed at the strange automaton. It looked like one big metal crab. When the woman squinted in her direction she offered a hesitant smile and wave. "Uh, hello! I'm Iselas, a... friend of this guy," She slapped a hand against Regongar's chest. "Some guy threw my stuff in the ocean and I really need to get it back for my boyfriend --" None of this was a lie, it just wasn't... completely transparent either. "-- but I'd also be happy to make a deal with you? 'Cause I love treasure and I bet there's a ton down there. I could bring back some good stuff for you."

Grinda raises an eyebrow and you, but quickly gives you a knowing smile, "I can see she's a friend of yours." She says to Regongar, then walks over to you. "Bring me back half the treasure you find on the bottom and we have a deal. However, I still doubt you know how to pilot my aparatus."

"We'll wing it." Regongar says, opening the hatch on the mechanical crab's head and ducking inside, waiting for you to follow.

"If you break it, you buy it, and I warn you, it costs quite a fortune." Grinda says, but she doesn't seem very worried.

- Pilot the aparatus (roll for intelligence check).
- Let Regongar handle it.

Let Regongar handle it.

That knowing smile was a little disconcerting but Iselas forged on ahead. Grinda seemed pretty laid back and she was more than happy to split their finds; Iselas was completely broke at this point so anything was an improvement on that.

"Will do!" Iselas cheerfully replied as she followed Regongar inside. "See you on the other side!" And then she was closing the hatch and turning to said half-orc with a serious expression. "The last two mechanical things I touched almost killed me or spat steam in my face. You'll probably have better luck than me."

"Of course, I'm by far more intelligent anyway." Regongar smirks as he pops a few buttons.

The machine lets out a loud hiss follow by a cloud of steam, before it springs to life. The limbs move and the body turns and the big crab walks through the open door, barely fitting through. Grinda waves behind you, wishing you goof hunting.

Regongar leads the aparatus to the beach, behind the pirate ship and into the ocean. Just before you are fully submerged into foamy water, he says, "I forgot to ask if this thing is waterproof." But you get your answer a moment later, as you submerge in dark waters looking for the faint green glow - fully dry inside the cabin.

- Look for the Stone first (roll for intelligence check).
- Look for the treasure first (roll for intelligence check).

Look for the Stone (rolled 13).

Iselas snorted and wilfully resisted the urge to point out that she had an average intelligence level -- an impressive feat for a street urchin. Instead she settled down to wait, feeling more than a little unsteady as they moved down the beach and into the dark waters. It was a creepy sight being surrounded by blackness, but thankfully the automaton was waterproof. And, when they were fully submerged, she resumed squinting out into the darkness in the hopes of catching sight of that luminescent green glow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back