• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Dragon Age; The Revolution

AWarriorcat

Apocalyptic Mad Hatter of Zombie Wonderland
For a long time, mages were gaining more and more freedom, finally, they were being treated like a normal human; when it happened. A mage, named Chorniton used his connection to the rift for bad; he slaughtered kings after kings, he grew an army and took over cities, he slaughtered Qunari leaders, Elven leaders, Dwarven leaders and Human leaders; after years, finally, Chorniton was slayed and mages were once again treated horribly, every mage had to join the Circle, on average, mages were made Tranquil just because the king or non-magic leaders didn't like them. And the statement, 'Magic exists to serve man, and never rule over him' became even more enforced, Mages were treated as pets, slaves and none were allowed freedom... What happens when a new revolution was coming? A secret group start rescuing mages, and take in anyone willing to help. Will you join them... Or fight them?

The trees rushed past him as Arinito ran through the trees, he glanced behind him, damn, they were still chasing him. His lungs were on fire and there was a sharp pain in his side, his balance was off and he was honestly amazed he hadn't crashed into a tree with his staggering. He blinked sharply, damn he was tired... How long had these Bounty Hunters been chasing him? He shouldn't have used that spell, he didn't know they were watching. Two days of almost nonstop running, very few breaks, Arinito was all but ready to collapse; he barreled out of the trees, and skid to a halt, the sunlight blinded him and the time it took for his eyes to adjust, he realized what was there. A cliff! He'd have to fight, but he was too weak already. Arinito turned to run back, just as the three man erupted from the trees. "Ahaha... Ha... Ha!" The leader panted as the mage backed up, his back to the cliff. "We... Finally... Caught... You" Arinito glanced behind him, that was a long drop into only rock. "You can't... Escape! Give... Up!" The beefy man exclaimed, still panting; "And we'll be sure... to mention how cooperative you were, and they might... might not make you tranquil" Taking a deep breath Arinito spoke, "Can you do me a favor?"

The men looked confused, "What?" With a large grin, he saluted them, "Tell the Circle to f*ck off" Turning away, he took a large jump, the ground left beneath him and everything seemed to go in slow motion; "No! Stop him!" The leader shouted in slow motion as Arinito started to fall. The feeling of falling erupted from his stomach and he focused on the spell. His body exploded into a swarm of insects, they dived towards the ground, buzzing loudly. Arinito could feel his mana fading, about thirty feet from the ground, he ran out of strength and the insects formed his body; he landed heavily and instantly, he knew he broke something; he couldn't move; his entire body felt like it was burning and each breath set his ribs on fire; defiantly a broken rib. The pain outweighed the little energy he already had, the exhaustion of the run flooded through him, unable to call out, he spoke in a whisper, "H...elp..." and his golden eyes closed, the last thing he thought was how red the grass was. The blood pooled around, his staff had impaled him in his side of his stomach and he was bleeding heavily, he had also broken his leg, which was twisted at a strange angle; and lastly, his dagger was straight through his hand, the blade covered in blood and dug into the soft dirt.

Kularin's sword tore through the giant spider, and she spun around and the weapon went into another one's head. Finally, they had stopped coming, dozens of dead, giant spiders surrounded the Qunari. "For you, Kadan" She whispered softly, her large finger touching the broken dragon's tooth, gently. Walking through the dead spiders, she called down the way, "Your spiders are dead, you can come up" An older, fat man waddled up the hill, already out of breath going up the tiny mound, "Thank you, as promised, Sixty Silver" The woman nodded at him before turning and heading down the hill, knowing the man's eyes were on her until she turned out of sight. She took a small coin purse and dropped the silver coins into it. "Almost enough, Kadan, we are going to have a house soon" She said with a large smile as she walked along the forest path. Time to head back to Kirkwall to see if there were anymore odd jobs she could get. Her sword kept in hand, just in case as she walked through the darker forest path. Although it was daylight, the thick canopy overhead kept sunlight from streaming through.

Zanda let out a big yawn, showing all her teeth and her butler tsked at her, "You need to cover your mouth when you yawn, Princess" The Dwarven woman fussed with an ashamed tone. The dark skinned dwarf just shrugged, "Yeah yeah, are we almost there?" She asked, in a bored voice and the butler glanced at the leading body guard, there were five, big Dwarven men, and one large Dwarven woman, surrounding them. In a rectangle like shape, one leading in front of them, one behind, and two on each side. "We will be there soon, Princess" The man said, in a gruff voice and Zanda let out a childlike whine, "Ugggh, you've been saying that for ages" She complained and the butler tsked again, "Princess Zanda! You should like you are two years old!" She said, shamefully at her and Zanda let out a groan, "You're harassing me too much, Manita" She complained as she looked up at the canopy, Manita brushed Zanda off as she walked, leaning forward to straighten the crown on top of the princess dwarf's head.

Cyrrel's sword dug into the human's chest, his eyes squinted in concentration, blood splattered against his face as he stabbed his sword into the neck of another man. "I." He grunted as he swung at the archer, "Told." His white sword fell into the archer's skull, he fell with his eyes large and lifeless, "You." He sweept his leg down and the lunging man fell backwards, his daggers falling out of reach, Cyrrel leaped up and landed, his sword breaking through the armor and into the man's chest, he vomited blood and Cyrrel twisted the sword. "It's." He swung at another man, cutting his hand off with ease, more blood splattered against his clothes and face. With a grin, the last group of men had teamed together to fight him at once. "Not" Time for Berserker mode. They all attacked him and he actually started trying, his speed went faster then men could as he swiped his sword with ease, elegantly slaughtering them. The more he killed, the more his smile turned into a crazed grin, his eyes huge with bloodlust. Cyrrel let out an maniacal laugh, "Magic!" As he killed another man, the attacks stopped coming, looking around, he noticed one last man, he was shaking violently and whimpering. "Men are weak" He said as he walked forward, slowly, his sword dragging against the ground. "Pl-please... N-N-N-No!" The human sputtered; Cyrrel's sword pierced his chest before he could continue.

Malik stuck behind high one of the trees as the bounty hunters chased the apostate, unlike them he was cautious approaching a mage and wanted to see the mage skill. True it was likely these bounty hunters might get lucky and catch the apostate but it was nothing a few arrows could solve. He cursed when he saw the mage jump, the loss of a fair bit of gold going down with him. From his perch in a tree he let lose a few arrows felling the bounty hunters before climbing down and approach the place the apostate dropped. He took a length of rope and rappel and sow the state of the apostate. "Is there friend." He said leaning next to him before taking bandages out of his pack."Looks worse than it is."

Arinito could faintly hear talking, he let out a groan and his eyes opened briefly, his body felt to heavy, but he instantly noticed a face leaning over him. "No...!" He groaned, his eyes closed as he tried to stand up, his hand was still pinned to the ground from his dagger. Summoning his strength, he erupted into a swarm of insects, instantly, they started stinging at the unkown enemy; it barely got a foot away from now fallen staff and dagger when it turned back to the Indian mage, he was on his stomach, trying to sit up. Damn, he needed a potion, he had one somewhere. His golden eyes scanned around, he noticed his backpack a few feet from where he had originally fallen. Arinito's hand reached for it, he had to get it before this man got him; "Don't..." He groaned, his hand grasping at the air facing the backpack, "... Tranquil" He groaned, "Help..." His voice was slurring slightly from the mixture of pain and tiredness. He didn't even have enough energy to summon a spirit to grab the backpack for him, with a groan, the mage curled up in ball, cradling the hole in his stomach, muttering different spells, the muscles, deathly slow, started merging to cover the hole, the veins stitching themselves back together as Arinito could barely get the words out without slurring. He had never felt this tired before, normally they gave up. He couldn't go to the Circle! Not again! They'll make him Tranquil. "... Do..n't... Tran... Dead... Puppet" He tried to explain to the masked man but he couldn't speak properly, "Foo... Wa...er?" He questioned as his body was healing slowly, the skin was stitching itself to cover the two wounds.

The apostate was quite a handful even in his weakened state which surprised him, Malik tried to resist the urge to curse or kill the apostate being worth more alive. "Easy, friend, easy..." He said trying to approach him as gently as he could, waiting for him to curl up to a ball before actually trying to bandage him up."I am dalish, the Chantry is hardly my friend either." He said." You let me help your healing and i will get you some food and water, just relax."

At each touch of the strange man, Arinito flinched heavily, "Back...ack... Backp..." His hand continued to grasp at the empty air pointed at his backpack. "Ba...ckpac.." He repeated, his fingers changing from a grasping hand to a pointing hand. "..Otion" He continued to desperately point at the backpack. "Po...ion" He repeated, his gold eyes locked onto the bag, half of it covered by a bush, the other half dirty and crumpled. Using one arm, he sat upright and dragged himself forward a few inches, closer to the bag. "Help" He managed to spit out and continued to try to tug his body along. Normally, he wasn't this weak but two days without sleep, break, food or water was killing him physically.

Malik nodded reaching for the bag, he didn't give it to the apostate. He checked inside and took out a health potion letting him have it before taking out a lyrium potion and letting him have a little bit enough to help him heal. No point making him too powerful" You are going to be ok."

Arinito's eyes narrowed at the lack of potion that the stranger gave him, this guy was an enemy, he didn't focus on healing, he mustered all his energy and stumbled upright, his wounds were still healing, little by little, but that was because he was a mage. He instantly swaggered when he stood up, the world moved underneath him; he blinked a few times, trying to maintain his balance. "Give me... My bag" Having some magic restored in his blood was already giving him enough strength to at least try to fight.

"Buddy relax, mage or not you are no condition to fight and wouldn't want to have to hurt or kill you."He said looking at him firmly but gently. He said putting the bag to his side and had one hand on of his blades just in case." I am trying to help you here doesn't mean, i am not wary of what you are capable. You have it back once you can still stand."

Arinito continued to watch the male, suspiciously. "Bounty hunter, scum" He cursed, spitting on the ground near the stranger. "We don't ask to... be mages" He growled, his head pounded and he let out a groan, "give me my bag... Please" He added, in a begging voice.

(Sorry on my typing, on my kindle)

"Whats so great about the bag i wonder, all i have seen so far is just potions."He said curiously giving up the caring act. "And no you didnt but rarely is your powers used for good malifecarum."He then looked in the bag."I wonder what you have in her, ingredients for a blood ritual."

Arinito tried to snatch the bag for him, "No, the ingredients that I was asked to find for three gold" His finger caught the edge of the bag and he tugged, "Give it here, I need the money" His voice held a mixture of small panic and strain, although he was lying, it was halfway true, he just wasn't getting paid in money. With a grunt, he tugged as hard as he could, "Give it here!" He didn't mean to get so angry, his eyes started glowing as his strength changed, his voice changed to a deeper, booming one, "DROP IT" The bag ripped, spilling the items onto the ground, instantly, Arinito was back to normal and his strength died, "No!" He started gathering the supplies quickly, the world spun again as he bent over but he gathered the ingredients first, after they were piled in front of him. Arinito reached out and his fingers grasped onto the cold glass of a Lyrium potion.

(^-^ For a bit of drama, had to give him that side xD )

The apostates panic took Malik by surprise and drew his daggger as he struggled with him for the bag." Let go!" He commented but the apostate seemed adamant he was ready to attack the apostate by the yell caught him of guard and the bag gave way. It took him a minute to recover before noticing the apostate going for the lyrium, he rushed to him kicking the bottle aside and placing the blade close to the apostates neck."Give me one good reason i dont end this now."

Arinito let out a growl, "How about this one?" Once again, he erupted into a swarm of bugs, stinging the stranger. They swarmed around the potion, lifting it, it got a few feet away when they sputtered and changed back to him, he had been hovering a few feet above the ground and landed, heavily, losing his balance, he fell forward; he looked surprised at the sudden change back into human, he shook his head and opened the bottle, he drowned it and instantly strength fled through him. Arinito didn't feel sick anymore, he licked a few drops off his lips as he stood up straight. "I'm afraid I'll cut this meeting short" He said with a grin as his body changed, and a large spider stood where the young man once had. It let out an angry clicking sound before it darted forward, quickly, it snatched up the staff and dagger with it's mouth and one leg swiped at the elf, he didn't need the potions but he needed the ingredients. With angry hissing sound, it changed back to the human, "Now, we are a little more even" He held the staff in a fighting stance, "How about, you just leave me alone, and you won't get killed" Arinito offered with a cocky grin; "Walk away, you don't die and I don't need to waste mana on you" He offered, ready to cast a poison spell.

Malik cursed as the mage turned into a swarm and being pushed back. He reached for one of his packs taking out a small vile for himself, it contents colored like fire. He went to drink of little bit of it as the mage turned to a spider, his skin coated in flame and he became frenzied. The effect came to late for him to avoid the trip from the spiders legs but he knew he had hurt it in the process. HE stood quickly and drew his other dagger. "I would love for you to waste mana. doesnt mean you are going to hit me. " He said before charging at the mage with a roar.

Arinito looked a lot less cocky as Malik charged at him, muttering a spell, spirits erupted from the ground, standing in front of him, suddenly a mischievous grin crossed his features, "Move!" He instructed the spirits, and they barely dodged out of the way of Malik, muttering a spell, just as he was almost to him, ice sprang from the ground, making a temporary shield, giving Arinito enough time to get further away from him. "Fight!" He instructed; one spirit, a skeleton archer, started firing arrows; while the other one, a tall, beautiful, siren with long claws teleported in range and swiped at the Elf.

Malik cursed as he leaping away from both the arrows and the sirens claws. Seems like he was no good at the playing nice game, next time just take the guy prisoner. The skeleton fell quickly moving quickly from place to place and with a hard strike double bladed strike removed the skeleton's head. Then the sirens came for him from behind, he barely donged the attack having he arm badly cut by the claws. Stumbled back and flurry of claws followed with him barley blocking it aside."Demons it had to be demons."

Arinito watched, with a lay back attitude as his demons did his work, "Be careful, if those claws go into your side, it'll kill you" He warned with a sing song voice, as his summoning did their job, the mage turned on his heel, walked around the fight, and gathered the ingredients, "Don't kill him, but make sure he doesn't follow me" He told the demon, lazily before trotting into the trees, leaving him.

He had to admit he was surprised to be let off easy, however he wasn't going to let demon to just walk about. He switched to the bow and walked after it. Once close enough he draw his bow and fired several arrow at it, turning to a demonic pin cushion. He approached the remain getting back some of his arrow before going back to trace the apostate.

Elana sat crouched down in front of an elfroot. Grabbing a small knife from her bag, she cut the stem of the plant and placed the herb in her pack, along with the knife. She had been given the proposition of gathering healing herbs from the forest by a nearby apothecary for extra money. That had been just the last of the herbs that she needed to gather, so she closed her bag and stood up, heading towards the apothecary to claim her reward.

She walked until she saw a group of dwarves walking on a small dirt path through the forest. Strange, they don't look like surface dwarves to me, she thought, ducking behind a tree. There was one dwarf in the middle of what seemed to be bodyguards, one positioned on each side of her. She looked to be pretty important, judging by the crown on her head. In the distance, she noticed movement behind the trees trailing the group as they moved along the road. She caught a glimpse of their clothing and immediately knew who they were. "Assassins..." she muttered under her breath, and she glanced down once again at the company of dwarves. They were completely unaware of their followers.

She usually doesn't get herself involved when it comes down to this, but someone was about to be killed. Assassinations were always dirty business, and it was almost always condoned in order to help someone rise above their status. The dwarf seemed to be of royalty, and Elana had heard stories of the treachery behind Orzammar politics. Elana wasn't going to just stand around and wait for them to die. She could already begin to feel the tingling of magic in her fingertips. Just as an archer let loose an arrow at the centre of the group, Elana waved her hand and a barrier formed in front of the dwarf, knocking the arrow away. She then proceeded to raise her hand and a spirit bolt was fired at the archer, knocking him back. His friend raised his bow and aimed an arrow at Elana, who dodged out of the way and retaliated with a blast of her staff.

With their cover blown, three assassins leapt from the trees and charged at the dwarves in the centre of the road.

Kularin's sword raised as a dark skinned man came from the leaves, he was bleeding as he glanced around wildly, "Are you okay?" The female asked and the man startled like he didn't notice her, "Um, yes, can you tell me which way it is to Kirkwall?" He questioned and the woman pointed the way she was going, "Thanks, if, uh, anyone follows, can you stop them?" He asked, not waiting for a response, he trotted down the pathway, a mixture of a small run with a limp. Kularin watched him disappear down the path in confusion before continuing her walk back to the city. She wondered what was wrong with him, "Strange things, right Kadan?" She spoke to the empty air beside her, "Strange, indeed" She added with a hum as she watched the trees carefully, her weapon raised.

The Dwarves crowded around the princess, tightening their formation; they all held axes, ready to attack the assassins as soon as they got close. Zanda pushed out of the formation, a crossbow in hand, "Finally, some action!" The first arrow shot out, though the assassin she had aimed for dodged it, she nicked another one. The dwarven body guards tried to surround the princess but she was having too much fun, "Come and get me!" She called to the Assassins, she was slow with her crossbow, but waiting for them to be close was the fun part. Zanda began muttering something under her breath as two assassins neared in, as she tried to mutter it faster; just as one of the Assassin's reached her, she finished and ducked out of the way; a large, Blight Wolf leaped over the Dwarf and instantly attacked the Assassin; ripping at it's armor; while that assassin was dealing with her summoning; she took out her dagger; it's blade shone beautifully in the light; sparkling and shining; her body guards were attempting to hold back one assassin, his speed beating their slow, but heavy attacks.

"Come get me, idiots!" She said with a giggle as one assassin approached her, "Do us a favor... And die!" The assassin hissed charging at her, Zanda's speed matched the Assassin's with a bit of strain, their knives clinked against each other as she blocked each blow, after only a minute, her endurance was already failing, and she had to concentrate more to attack. Zanda was having to back up, getting further from her allies as the man's speed increased, suddenly, he aimed for her right hand, her blade started going to meet it when he feinted and his blade was going to disarm her. No!

Her knife flew out of her hand and the man grinned at Zanda, "What are you going to do now, Princess" He taunted as he raised his hand for the kill. "Win~" Her hands latched onto her crossbow; she pulled it in front of her and pulled the trigger; the arrow sped into his neck; "Another kill for Zanda! Dwarven Prin-" An arrow whizzed by her and she hmphed, "I wasn't done gloating" Just as the man went for another arrow, a guard killed him, sending his head flying. One left~ Zanda turned, just in time to see her wolf fall; the man turned towards her with a dark glare, he was bleeding as he ran at her. Her hand went for her knife, her hand only touched emptiness, crap! She tried to reload her crossbow, but the man was too close and her guards too far. She raised her crossbow like a bat, but she knew she couldn't hit him with it, she was going to die. Closing one eye, she tensed up, waiting for the pain.

AWarriorcat said:
Kularin's sword raised as a dark skinned man came from the leaves, he was bleeding as he glanced around wildly, "Are you okay?" The female asked and the man startled like he didn't notice her, "Um, yes, can you tell me which way it is to Kirkwall?" He questioned and the woman pointed the way she was going, "Thanks, if, uh, anyone follows, can you stop them?" He asked, not waiting for a response, he trotted down the pathway, a mixture of a small run with a limp. Kularin watched him disappear down the path in confusion before continuing her walk back to the city. She wondered what was wrong with him, "Strange things, right Kadan?" She spoke to the empty air beside her, "Strange, indeed" She added with a hum as she watched the trees carefully, her weapon raised.
Malik rushed through the trees after the apostate, trying to ignore the wound in his arm from the siren. He followed trial of disturbed natures the apostate left behind making up for the head start he had. To his surprise, he saw a qunari female ahead of him with sword almost as long as he was tall and seemed to be waiting for him. Where did the apostate get such help. However the though he might try to see if he made a wrong assumption of her. " Hey, you seen man pass through here? He is a blood mage need to be caught."

Kularin stared at the elf before leaning forward and picking him up with ease, like one might a small child, examining him before setting him gently on his feet, but one large hand kept on him, to keep him from running away, "You are injured" She pointed out with a simplicity as she ruffled in her bag, strapped to her waist, "Eat" She offered a small, minty smelling herb; "It's a Qunari herb; swallow, don't chew" She still had her sword at a second's grab, but did not attack him nor threaten him. Kularin was very gruff and stone faced, but here pointed ears were a bit red, from awkwardness, though it didn't show otherwise. "Young male? Darker skin? Hole in stomach?" She questioned as she kept her hand up with the herb, her fingers were brushing against her handle on the sword.

"Hey wow there!" He complained as she just picked him like he was nothing before looking at her strangely at him as she mentioned his wound. "Eh, yeah one of the apostates demons did this..." He answered not sure what to make of the situation before being handed the herb. He hesitated at first but then swallowed it and before long the pain in his arm disappeared."Huh... Thanks i guess... And that sounds like him."

Kularin examined him carefully, watching for side effects, "You didn't chew right? If you did, you'll die; I just remembered why other species don't use it" She glanced both ways, to make sure she wasn't being stalked, by her old clan before wrapping her hand firmly around the sword as she thought she heard something. "He told me that you are a bad person, he spoke in earnest but suspicion clouded him; he knew he was doing something wrong, you say he's bad but you speak in a rushed tone, who should I believe?" She questioned, though watching him, it didn't seemed directed at the elf. "Who should I believe, Kadan?" She muttered under her breath, one hand rubbing her horn in a thoughtful manner, "Both have injuries, elf injuries are from demon but what of the mage? Hole in his stomach but yet it did not look like a weapon's mark" Kularin ran through her memory, "The staff was covered in blood? Was it his own? It looks to be the same size... How did it happen? He was limping... Shot? Attacked? No, no blood, looked to be broken, maybe sprained..." Kularin examined the Elf closer, bending down to look at him eye to eye, hers were large and yellow as she stared into him, "Elf ran out, saying blood mage? Why didn't mage use blood magic to heal wound?" She questioned, one hand still keeping him from moving; "Elf, explain truth. What happened?" She asked, though she sounded aggressive, she was actually quite gentle, she kept him from moving but had not hurt him nor attempted, or threatened to. "I will remember" She warned, crouched down in front of him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back