• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Dragon Age: Tales of the Champion - OOC

Main
Here
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here

Epiphany

Proverbs 17:9

jx2AEyb.png

1. Rules and Regulations

1. This game will use Discord for all of it's OOC communication. This thread exists to establish the rules of the roleplay. While players can post here, this thread isn't routinely watched and interested parties are encouraged to PM me for the Discord link, whether you want to join the game or just be amused by our chatter. I'm aware some parties have strong feelings about Discord vs. OOC threads. For my sake, I despise having my RPN notifications blow up because of OOC chatter, I use these notifications to track actual updates to roleplays and Discord does a nice job of displacing that chatter. In case anyone is curious why I'm approaching this in this manner.

2. Usual RpNation rules apply. Additionally, no God-mode or Meta-gaming. A general rule is that you control your character, other people control their character, I'll take care of the world, the NPCs and how the setting reacts.

3. The ideal post length is 1-3 paragraphs. One liners should only be done when dramatically appropriate. Longer than 3 paragraphs is fine, just bear in mind the longer your post is, the greater the chance that people start skimming over the content in the middle. A good rule of thumb if you're not sure what to post in a scene; look at what there is to interact with or talk to other people in the scene about, and do that. I'll be animating the world so anything you engage with should get a response from me (and if I miss something you do, poke me and I'll address it).

4. Any ideas for additional plot lines or content are welcome. Run it by us in the OOC Discord server. You're also welcome to contact me privately if you prefer.

5. This is not intended to be a PvP game. That said, Dragon Age 2 certainly had conflict between the cast members and representing that in roleplay is excellent. If conflict could lead to actual battle or something else equally drastic, ensure both parties involved are up for what happens and work out the outcome collaboratively please. This obviously includes not only harm to other player characters but possible death.

6. Please don't post in the IC until your character has been approved. I'll denote approval by liking your sheet. You can always follow up with me in the Discord or by PM if you'd like a status check on how that's going. I freely reserve the right to request any changes I think will make your original character fit the setting better and I likewise reserve the right to invite submitters to find another roleplay if I don't think they'll be a good fit for this particular game.

7. Absences happen on play-by-post games. If possible, communicate up front (even a "Hey, I'm on vacation for a week" in the Discord works just fine). Inactivity longer than a week will generally result in me assuming your character is still present in whatever scene they were in, but not actively talking or participating. This is especially true if you were involved in a conversation, and other players haven't been able to post because they're waiting on yours. If you're gone for a prolonged period of time, I may allow interested players to submit a character for your role but they won't take over your character without your permission and there is the prospect of you rejoining play, depending on the circumstances.

8. We're all fans of Dragon Age here. Share the love, enjoy the topic, create your own story here. If you have any issues or conflict with another player, please let me know and I'll do what I can to help straighten things out. If you're not having fun, I'm always open to suggestions on how to improve play. If you decide this RP isn't for you, no hard feelings.

2. Writing

Below are some writing tips posted by the original author of this game, Sopranos Sopranos . I like them well enough to retain them largely as is.

What you put into the game is what you get out of it. You don't need to be a fantastic writer but you'll enjoy the RP more if you put a little effort into it.

Try to read and understand everyone's post before you start writing: This is important to role-playing, as missing something another player wrote in their post can mean what your character does runs the risks of contradicting or invaliding something established earlier by someone else. If you feel like there is something you're unsure about in someone's post, just ask them, we're a small group and everyone is happy to help out with a few small details.

Try to include everyone in the scene. Not all characters are equally sociable, depending on the role they play. Interacting with them is a great way to keep those players involved, as well as giving your character something meaningful to contribute to the scene. No one should feel left out of play. I will personally do my best to make sure any actions or interactions taken by a player character with NPCs or the environment will have a response of some kind.

Try to interact with everyone in the scene. Related to the point above, branch out from time to time and connect with someone your character hasn't interacted with much. You don't need to break characterization to do so. Just don't be shy about what they have to say and how they might say it. We'll also look at having a non-quest/tavern style thread for casual conversation to better facilitate this.

The risk of character injury in this game is real. The Dragon Age games in general feature routine character injury, so this shouldn't be surprising. Players are advised to be conscious of how hurt their characters get, and to vary their tactics and strategy accordingly. Especially dicey fights or reckless action can see your character knocked out as a consequence. Try to take the game seriously.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back