• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom [dot hack] We;come...to The World

Genkai

- a shy snowfall -
I have a plot for a dot hack RP I would love to implement.

It centers around a group of college students in Japan who have found out their professor has fallen into a coma after playing the most popular online game The World. His son approaches a group, asking for their help with this investigation. The son is a former hacker and has a few tricks up his sleeve to give those on his side, an extra hand as they unravel the mysteries inside the game. But a fabled AI named Aura intervenes and snags some of the players, urging the players to not be so destructive and use such hacking methods to find answers. Aura promises she can guide the students down another path to find the truth. So two groups break off as they both hurry to find out why these comas are connected to the game. One route is more cold and dangerous, the other path leads to uncovering the lore of the game while being much more respectful.

Along the way the group of friends will still tag along on other side quests and meet up offline for school and social gatherings, all with the same goal in mind.

I am looking for maybe 2-4 people for this so we can have a fairly even division of players in the RP. As said before, even if you're with one group, you still can hang out with people from the other group, the only difference is how each group is able to hack and enter unknown locations in the game. Both groups will have different methods and fun tricks.

There will be a merging of things from both the first four games (IMOQ) and the other three games (GU) but I will make sure there's enough information so anyone can join in and feel comfortable.

Generally I'd like people who can write 3-4 paragraphs without trouble and probably post 1-2 times a week.

If anyone is game (haha) let me know! Or if you're unfamiliar with dot hack, I can answer questions for you too.

I'm quite late to reply, but I only found this now. If you guys haven't given up on this yet, I'm interested! I never thought I'd actually find other people who know .hack! Though I must admit I'm probably a bit fuzzy on the details concerning lore and I'm not sure if I've actually ever finished G.U., haha. But yeah, I'd like to join in case this is still happening! :D

Your avvie is so cute~

No it's just us for now, nothing off the ground yet but we could try something with a 1x1x1.

I'd personally love to play someone in Aura's/the lore-uncovering faction. But I would be okay siding with the hacking one, too, if needed.

I'm actually not going to take part, as I have a few other rps im in currently.
My apologies. ^^u
Maybe another time we can all interact.

Maybe interested.

Is this a discord or site rp. Doesn't make a difference in my discussion.

So sounds like most of this is taking part in The World R:1 version? Well, particularly since Aura is around as a major player up front. None the less sounds interesting enough. If it's posting once or twice a week managing to get a few paragraphs shouldn't be too hard. Although I mostly know R:2 (or at least the general events of GU )and I'm rather rusty on that since I haven't played the game in about four years? Should be able to brush some things off though. Wiki will definitely help

truthofself truthofself Thanks for letting me know!

I'd personally love to play someone in Aura's/the lore-uncovering faction. But I would be okay siding with the hacking one, too, if needed.

Okay! I'll try to make sure that can happen, thanks for being flexible.

Maybe interested.

Is this a discord or site rp. Doesn't make a difference in my discussion.

It could take place in either venue, I may lean towards here though if that's okay?

So sounds like most of this is taking part in The World R:1 version? Well, particularly since Aura is around as a major player up front. None the less sounds interesting enough. If it's posting once or twice a week managing to get a few paragraphs shouldn't be too hard. Although I mostly know R:2 (or at least the general events of GU )and I'm rather rusty on that since I haven't played the game in about four years? Should be able to brush some things off though. Wiki will definitely help

It's more of a blend of both R:1 and R:2 in both lore/tech/locations. It's diverting from canon events like SIGN and IMOQ. It's going to be set more in our present as opposed to the time in which SIGN/IMOQ/GU take place in since it seemed easier than migrating through the events from both anime and game. I will say anything from R:2, I have given a general summary up (location wise, etc) so that anyone can approach it with general ease. I want to make sure fans of both or just one fraction of the franchise, can feel welcome. :)

I'm EXTREMELY interested, I never expected to see a .hack// roleplay on here. Still have the space for another?

Same on this boat. qq Haseo's first form was my first ever cosplay :'<

Really? :) His first form was great. I loved the Xth form a lot though.

I'm EXTREMELY interested, I never expected to see a .hack// roleplay on here. Still have the space for another?

Yes I believe so, I think for now we have a good number!

Alright well that's great to know, thank you~.

No problem and if at any point you're uncertain about something, do let me know, I'm happy to help!

There been several. Hard to get everyone going along the story and not go free form. This happens with alot of rps

My presence on RPN had been zero for a long while admittedly. I've encountered the issue with plot deviation plenty of times, unfortunately. Here's hoping this one keeps appropriately on track.

It is! But since it was my first cosplay, I didn't want to overestimate my abilities LOL

Aww don't worry! :) You'll do great I'm sure.
My presence on RPN had been zero for a long while admittedly. I've encountered the issue with plot deviation plenty of times, unfortunately. Here's hoping this one keeps appropriately on track.

I know exactly what you mean. I hope I can get an OOC up at least this weekend.

how goes things?

Ehhh busy busy, but I should get an OOC and info up this weekend. I haven't done a group RP on here before so I'm still seeing how other groups do it. I've been on sites where both the IC and OOC are in the same thread but under different tabs you can change quickly. I've never had it with different threads/locations.

Yeah, although it used to be much easier switching from out of character to in character. Thing it worked a lot like the tabs thing where you could simply create them all under one thread and you could switch from on to the other at the top without needing to link them or anything of that nature. Think they got rid of that in one of the last two major updates but I haven't been on here for a bit.

Hi, I know it's been quite a while since the last activity here. Is this still something that's going to happen? I'm perfectly okay with waiting, but if no one else is still interested, me waiting may be a bit pointless, haha. I hope you don't mind my poking too much! :ghost:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back