• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Don’t Tell Me to Calm Down

Lucas was the first one up and getting breakfast downstairs, frowning at his dad as he came in. “Why was mom crying last night? I could hear her from my room. What did you do?” He questioned him

Lilah was still asleep in their bed, cuddling her teddy bear, whining when her mom eventually came to wake her up.

Eddie frowned deeply as he came downstairs immediately to Lucas' accusations "Your mother was crying because she was not feeling good." He explained giving a heavy sigh "I didn't do anything to her Lucas, she is okay now, she just wasn't feeling well emotionally."

Weeks went by before she heard the update that Clay had been released from the hospital and now she heard from Jack that he was thinking of taking a deal to get a reduced sentance. She was scared though, scared that this would all back fire somehow. She stood at a red light on her way to Lilah's school for pick up. She heard the squealing of tires and a black SUV pull up firing out shots, after that everything slowly started fading to black.

Lucas grit his teeth and huffed, grabbing his pop tarts and heading back up to his room. “I don’t believe you.” He told him

Clay was walking out of jail, rubbing at his wrists a little and smiling at Jack, heading over. “Hey man, thanks for getting me out til trial day… my girls still at the house or they left?” He asked him.

Eddie sighed heavily letting him go off while he started on some breakfast for the girls, Jack, and Carmen. He gave a big smile when he saw Carmen come down and gave her a little wolf whistle "Goooood morning Beautiful!"

Jack frowned deeply as Clay walked out of the jail still trying to wrap his head around how to tell him what happened. He gave a heavy sigh when he asked about the girls and gulped "Clay...there uh....there has been an accident. Lilah is with Charolette and Tina right now but Max she uh...shit Clay you gotta come with me."

She just paused and frowned at him, grumbling a little and going to get her coffee, “I’ll be home just after lunch. I was thinking we could take Jack to get lunch just the three of us.” She mumbled.

He froze and shook his head. “What do you mean an accident? What’s happened to my wife?” He questioned him, refusing to go any further until his question was answered.

Eddie gave her a nod and frowned softly "Yeah I think that would be a great idea." He said going over and kissing her gently before she made her way out "I love you."

Jack frowned deeply giving a heavy sigh "She's been shot, drive by, we don't know who. She's at the hospital now." He explained beforr going to the car with him.

She paused in the doorway and smiled up at him, "Love you too puppy." She murmured, heading out to the car

From that point on it felt like things were going in slow motion but at the same time it was all a blur until they got there and he was asked to wait for a little while, "I wanna see Lilah straight after this." He told Jack while they sat in the lobby.

Jaxk gave a nod and sighed heavily "You're staying at my place anyways, it's safer than yours until we find out how this happened and who did it." He explained. It wasn't until another hour or so that they got called back to see her. The doctor looked Clay up and down for a moment before going over Max's charts "She got hit four different times. She is alive, and so is the baby, but to keep them both stable she had to be placed into a medically induced coma." He explained to the two of them.

Eddie got Jack out of bed pretty quickly after that and was thankful he seemed to be in a good mood today. When lunch rolled around he sprung up to see Carmen giving a big smile as she pulled into the drive way "Hey babe!" He said happily as he ran to the driver's side.

He sat down slowly next to the bed, taking her hand in his and swallowing back tears, just watching her and unable to form words. The deal he was making had nothing to do with his bosses and either way they should have come after him not his wife.

Carmen was yawning a little as she got out the car and smiled at Eddie a little. “Hey, you got way too much energy today baby.” She told him, kissing his chin as she headed inside, putting her stuff down in the kitchen and saw Jack up and dressed to leave the house for once.

Jack sat on the other side of Max shaking his head some. Both of them were family to him and this struck him just as deep "Fuck." He muttered taking a deep breath "You think we need to put protection on the room?"

Eddie chuckled some and gave a small nod "Sure do!" He said happily while following her inside. He smiled happily as she got inside and noticed Jack "Jack decided on lunch too." He said quietly to her.

She nodded and headed up to their room to get changed before coming back down so they could head out “Where do you wanna go Jack?” She asked him, making sure Stella had everything she needed for them to leave the house, finally heading out, seeing Jack pausing at the car door. “You want your dad to sit in the back with you?” She asked him knowing he definitely wouldn’t want Eddie driving.

He shook his head frowning. “They’ve done the damage. They’re done now… I can’t…. I want my daughter.” He told him, standing up and kissing maxs head before walking out the room, just wanting to get to lilah and know she was safe.

Eddie gave a small nod to Carmen when Jack said yes and moved to sit with him in the back 'Could we go to my favorite mexican place?' He heard Jack ask smiling some but frowning at the look on Carmen's face. He didn't know that it was also Tilly's favorite place to eat as well.

Jack gave a small nod and sighed heavily "Alright, I'll takw you to her." He said before leaving with him.

Lilah was busy playing in Charolette's room when her dad got there, completely lost in her own little made up world. She gasped when she saw him come into the door frame smiling widely "Daddy!!!"

She nodded slowly. “Yeah we can do that.” She told him quietly, starting the drive and chewing on her lip a little the whole way.

Clay smiled wide seeing his little girl there, lifting her up soon as she ran to him and just held her tightly. “Oh I missed you pumpkin.” He told her, a couple stray tears falling.

Eddie sat chatting with Jack about his games the entire ride chuckling as he got more confused while his son went on "Now I know how your mom felt whenever I would tell her about D&D and she was completely lost."

Lilah ran straight to him and giggled happily as he picked her up. She hugged him tightly but gave a small frown when she saw his few tears "Why you crying daddy?"

She smiled, listening to them, parking up and got out with them both. “Hopefully
This is less eventful than cracker barrel. Your dad got recognised five times.” She muttered to Jack as they walked to the building.

He smiled and shook his head a little. “I’m just happy to see you pumpkin.” He murmured, kissing her head again and took her downstairs to get her some dinner.

Eddie pouted some as he got out "I got disguise this time!" He said pulling his hair into a pony tail and putting a baseball cap on "Boom! Unrecognizable." He said giving a small laugh as they both rolled their eyes.

Lilah giggled softly and nodded some "You're silly Daddy." She said before giving his cheek a big kiss "Where is Mommy? She didn't pick me up today." She said as he took her downstairs to get food.

She sighed a little and shook her head, laying an arm around jack and walking in front of Eddie a few steps. “He’s going to be the death of me you know.” She smiled, taking Jack inside to get a table

He frowned a little and sighed. “Mommy wasn’t feeling very well so she’s gonna have a little break from looking after you my little terror so she can rest and get better okay? But she’ll be home before you know it.” He murmured.

Jack laughed lightly as he walked with his mom and gave a small nod "Yeah I know." He said quietly before they got a table. He sat next to his mom making Eddie take the seat across while immediately looking over the menu.

Eddie sat down with them and gave a small smile seeing Jack already in the menu "That hungry huh?"

Lilah frowned some and gave a small nod "Okay...but she come home real soon yeah?" She asked in a more quiet tone "Can we go home Daddy?"

He shook his head. “No baby not yet. We’re gonna stay with uncle Jack for a couple days.” He told her quietly. “But we will get home soon okay?” He murmured, kissing her head, just holding her close as he could.

Carmen sat down and leaned back, glancing over the menu before looking back at Eddie. “The girls are excited to come see you at the Indy show.” She told him.

Lilah pouted a bit but nodded some "Okay daddy, whats for dinner?" She asked while resting her head on his shoulder and clutching his shirt in her hand tightly.

Eddie smiled widely and nodded some "I'm excited for the kids to come see the show. It'll be a good one." He said happily before glancing at the menu a minute

It felt like the time went by too fast before Eddie was having to leave for tour and despite the difference in both of them now they were older, Carmen was still struggling having that long distance relationship. Especially when it came to Tilly’s birthday. She hadn’t got out of bed until eleven as it was, wandering down to the kitchen to finally feed the dog, mumbling an apology to her and soon wandered out to sit on the back porch, staring out at their yard, not really paying much attention when Lucas came out.

He smiled and kissed her head. “You wanna get McDonald’s as a treat?” He asked her. “We can even have it delivered.” He promised her.

Lucas frowned deeply when he found his sitting outside alone on the back porch "Mom? You got some flowers and a card inside...I think Edward sent them." He muttered to her while putting his hand on her shoulder. His relationship with his father had grown even worse since he went on tour. He felt like Eddie had left them again, even though he called nearly every night to check in on them.

Lilah gasped softly and smiled giving a happy nod "Uh huh! And I get a happy meal?!" She asked excitedly

She just nodded a little and pulled Lucas close tightly "How you doing sweetheart?" She asked quietly. She had taken the kids out of school for the past couple days but she hadn't exactly been present. She looked up when Maya was bringing her the card from the flowers, thanking her quietly and opened it, keeping both of the kdis close.

He nodded and smiled at her "Yeah you can get a happy meal." He told her, kissing her head again and carried her to the couch, pulling out his phone to order them some food, just listening to her babble on about what she'd been up to since he'd last seen her

Lucas frowned some and gave a heavy sigh "I've been better....she was always so bratty on her birthday...never thought I'd miss it." He said quietly as he sat with her. He frowned deeply seeing the card and reading it shaking his head some "He should have been here."

Eddie had requested numerous times for them to not schedule that date. However, no one listened and he was honestly ready to stand up the show, but if he did that then it would be the end of them. He had made sure to send flowers to Carmen and a heartfelt card explaining how much he loved her and the kids, and how he wished he could be there right now for them.

Lilah sat with her dad and explained her day at school to him happily not knowimg he was only half paying attention.

She frowned and shook her head "Lucas don't... your father wanted to be here but the management was unhelpful... Your uncle Jamie sends his love as well.... Your Dadn is trying really hard." She told him quietly, getting up to go back inside and to go lay down in bed.

Clay sat with her all evening until she fell asleep, finally taking her up to the guest room and getting her tucked in in the bed, making sure he had enough space as well but he lay there all night, staring at the ceiling and thinking over everything

Users who are viewing this thread

Back