• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Don’t Tell Me to Calm Down

Max frowned and shook her head some "They're just doing their jobs. Not looking into making you better, just looking to see what happened and to help you be more comfortable." She explained quietly

Jack gave a small nod and smiled a bit at his mother "Yeah everything is good, just wanted to come by and say Hi...also let you know I'm moving back home too." He explained rubbing the back of his neck "To Hawkins I mean, I uh...I ended things with my girlfriend."

She frowned but nodded. “I won’t say I’m sorry to see her gone but I know you cared a lot about her…. Your nephew is coming home tomorrow. Emily’s taken off. Clearly wants nothing to do with him so he’s gonna be here with us.” She smiled a little. “You should come over and meet him when you can.” She told him, walking him to the front door “text me when you get home please.” She told him, hugging him tightly and finally let him leave

Clay frowned and shook his head. “Just painkillers. More painkillers.” He mumbled, starting to get sleepy again with all his energy going out the window. “I wanna go home.” He muttered once more before drifting off to sleep.

Eddie looked over at her after Jack had left and Maya had gone to start putting together the pack n play for Wayne. He gave her a small smile sighing "He came by to say sorry....for everything." He explained quietly

Max frowned softly and gave a heavy sigh "Soon enough babe, soon enough." She said softly looking at the nurse as she came in. She sat up some and took a deep breath "Have the results come back? Is there anything else we can do to make him comfortable?"

She shook her head. “Aside from putting him through treatment to slow it down there’s nothing else but upping the dosage on his painkillers. He did previously state that he didn’t want that and that he didn’t want to be too drowsy all the time but he’s looking at another few months if he doesn’t want anything else.” She explained to her.

Carmen nodded a little. “I want you both to try and get on. I’m tired Ed. I’m so tired of having a split family. It’s all either of us have ever known and I don’t want it for our grandson. And I don’t want it for our kids anymore.” She told him quietly, kissing his cheek. “I’m gonna make couscous for dinner. Some grilled veggies. You wanna come play for me? You haven’t done that in a while.” She smiled at him as she started heading to the kitchen.

Max took a deep breath but gave a small nod "Okay, is there a way we could up them for his time here at least? Or will we be discharged soon?" She asked quietly before looking at her husband. She hated this, she wanted to try the treatments, but she wasn't going to go against his wishes.

Eddie gave a small nod as he got up and grabbed his acoustic guitar before following her to the kitchen "I don't want it anymore either." He admits before sitting down and tuning it for a minute "Remember when Lucas and Tilly would try to 'help' me tune my guitars?" He asked giving a small chuckle at the memories.

She smiled a little and shook her head "I remember Jack telling them off all the time. And the day we told them we were having another baby... God Jack was so upset. He was so done with siblings." She smiled a little "And the day I called you up after the appointment I found out it was twins. I was so excited to tell you but by the end of that phone call I was grabbing my keys and I took the kids into town and I went to speak to a lawyer about divorce papers." She sighed a little, seeing the surprise on his face "I never told you this? It really was that immediate. You were high as a kite and I knew it on the phone. After you'd promised you were gonna get clean this time for the kids." She mused.

She nodded "It's already been done ma'am but if all goes well we can send him home in a few hours." She told her "Just give us a shout if you need any help with anything." She told her, leaving her to privacy again when the young boy was starting to wake up

Eddie chuckled softly as he played a few chords but soon fell silent when she talked about when they had the twins "No....no you never told me any of that." He said quietly before he continued to play some random notes "I was a piece of shit back then....I still am now....but it was worse then." He said quietly

Max nodded softly and sighed heavily "Thank you." She said gently before turning her attention to Jose when she heard him grumbling "Hey there, you feeling okay?"

She shook her head. “You weren’t well love. But I couldn’t help you when you didn’t want it.” She pointed out. “As for now. We gotta get you better so you can get out there and tour this new album.” She smiled a little. “I like what you did with Lucas’s song yknow.” She told him.

Jose frowned and just rolled over to face the other way. “What time is it?” He muttered. He was probably going to miss school again which had become a regular occurrence lately but he was much more interested in spending time with his dad as much as possible while he was still around.

Eddie gave a small smile and nodded some "I'll get there, don't worry." He said happily as he watched her "Thank you....I think he'd like it too." He said softly

Max sighed softly as she watched him "Its nearly noon." She murmured before giving a heavy sigh "Are you okay?"

She smiled a little and nodded, just enjoying his company for the rest of the time she was making dinner, calling Maya to come get the food once it was done.

He shrugged a little. “When is dad going home?” He asked her quietly, finally sitting up and stretching out.

Max frowned a bit and gave a small shrug "I'm not sure, hopefully by tomorrow we can head out of here." She said quietly as she watched him.

Eddie sat in their bedroom happily after their nice quiet evening at home. He pulled Carmen in close as she got into bed and cuddled up close to her "You ready to have our grandson here tomorrow?"

She nodded and smiled. “I’m glad I got you home for the first couple months before your tour as well. If he’s doing good then maybe I can bring him with for a week or two.” She suggested.

Clay had had no extra hospital visits over the next few months and he’d been doing okay up until a couple weeks ago when Jose had brought home a cold from baseball and it had knocked clay clean off his feet. He glanced up when max was coming into the room with some lunch, reaching for her hand tiredly. “I don’t think I can do Lilahs baby shower tomorrow.” He told her quietly

Eddie smiled happily and nodded some "I think that sounds great." He said happily to her. As the months went along things progressed nicely with Wayne at the house. His health had been on the mend as well, he'd been making sure to really take care of himself for not only Carmen but Wayne as well. He looked at Carmen and smiled as she came down holding Wayne in her arms "Hey beautiful, ready for our last night?" He asked not fully wanting to leave them for tour.

Max walked into the room with some broth and crackers for Clay since it seemed to be the only thing he could keep down with this cold. She gave a small nod as she set down the tray and kissed his forehead gently "Don't worry about that okay? Lilah understands." She said softly to him before giving him a soft smile. She had been doing her best to keep herself together through it all, but slowly seeing her husband wither into a shell of his former self had to be the most painful thing she had ever experienced.

She nodded and smiled a little. “Mayas gone out with that boy again tonight, they seem to be going well. I’m hoping she’s gonna bring him home soon.” She told him, passing Wayne over as he got fussy. She was exhausted but content. With the kids she’d been so busy just trying to keep them all fed and clothed that she hadn’t taken the time to appreciate them being so little so now with their grandkid she was doing just that.

He frowned but nodded, holding her close while he ate, managing just over half the bowl for once but was soon fighting off sleep again. “I love you…. Very much.” He mumbled yawning a little. “I don’t think I tell you enough how much I appreciate everything you’ve done for our family over the years.” He murmured.

Eddie gave a small nod and smiled taking Wayne from her "Well she'll bring him when she sees its that kind of serious." He said softly chuckling as Wayne gurgled at him "See? Even Wayne agrees." He told her before cuddling him close. He had cherished this time being Grandpa and was doing everything he could to not make the same mistakes.

Max smiled softly at him letting a few tears fall "I love you too handsome, I love you more than anything in this world." She said softly before pushing some hair from his face "Get some rest love."

He hummed quietly in response, drifting off to sleep again.

Jose was sat in the kitchen when she came back down and frowned a little. “His nurse said she thinks it might be soon.” He mumbled as clay had finally given in and allowed a home nurse to check in on him once a week just to have max a bit calmer.

She smiled and watched them carefully. “We only have to say goodbye for a few weeks then we can join you for the last two.” She smiled. She was excited for him to get back out there though and get playing shows again. It felt like they had finally come full circle with everything and as much as she was still grieving both Tilly and Lucas the other three kids were all doing the best they ever had.

Max frowned deeply and gave a small nod "Yeah, she spoke with me about it too.." she said softly before she sat down with him "Hpw are you doing baby?" She asked quietly while pushing some of his hair from his face like she always did when she was concerned about someone.

Eddie gave a nod and smiled softly "Yeah you're right. Just gotta stay positive about it all." He said before he got up and gave her a quick kiss on the cheek. Goimg back on tour was definitely bittersweet, he missed the stage and performing, but at the same time he was still worried something would happen to ruin everything that they had worked so hard for.

He shrugged a little. “It’s weird. It’s like we’re all just waiting.” He mumbled, frowning as they heard clay coughing for a minute before he settled again. He did make it down for dinner that evening even if all he could manage was to sit at the table with everyone and definitely needed maxs help to get him back up to bed. “That was nice.,.. it still shocks me how grown up the kids have gotten.” He murmured, getting into bed once he was sorted and pulling her in close. “I want you to have fun tomorrow. No worrying about me.” He murmured.

She smiled a little and went to get Wayne’s playpen set up so he could chill in there and she could get some time with Eddie on the couch.

Max helped Clay up to bed that evening and gave a small smile to him "You know I can't promise that, but I'll try my best." She said softly before kissing him gently "I love you more than anything Clay." She whispered as she got into bed with him and cuddled up close.

Eddie smiled happily as he cuddled his wife on their couch while the baby played in his little playpen. He watched him a bit before yawning some "You think the tour will go well? Think it'll sell good?"

She smiled a little and kissed his cheek. “They wouldn’t have you playing the garden if it didn’t.” She pointed out, resting her head against his shoulder. “But seriously Ed. I’m ready to get out to California. I’m done with these Midwest winters.” She told him. “So soon as you are back we’re gonna start making the move.” She told him.

he hummed quietly and mumbled an I love you back, falling asleep quickly after exerting all that energy sitting downstairs. By the next morning it was quiet until Jose had come into their room to ask his mom something, nudging her awake and frowning while he bit down hard on his lip. “Mom… mom… dads… he’s not….” He couldnt finish his sentence and just sat down on the couch in their room with his face buried in his hands.

Eddie gave a small nod and pulled out his phone "I've already been looking. I found a couple possible places in the northern area." He said softly showing her some of his saved searches "Do any of them look promising to you?"

Max yawned and groaned softly as she woke up that next morning. She rubbed at her eyes not fully processing what Jose was saying until she looked over to check on Clay. She went wide eyed and took a deep shaky breath as she looked at his lifeless form next to her "Jose....baby I need you to go out real quick while I call 911.."

She smiled a little as she watched him put his glasses on to look at them. “You’re getting old puppy.” She teased him, “I’ll call your old realtor out there. Get them to take a look for us.” She smiled.

He nodded and went to go wake up Lilah and tell her as well, finally ending up downstairs with her and waiting until their mom came down.

Max came down a bit later taking deep breaths "The paramedics are on their way....he um....I'm so sorry babies he's gone." She said softly to them as she let a few tears fall doing everything in her power to keep it together for the two of them.

Eddie chuckled some and shook his head "Just because my eye site isn't what it was doesn't mean I'm that old." He said before kissing her temple gently "I love you."

“No but the way you get out of bed groaning and cursing like a sailor does. Oh and the way you have to get Maya to show you how to use technology…. And more importantly… Corroded Coffin is officiallly called Dad rock.” She giggled, “and finally… the greys love. So much grey.” She pointed out. “But that’s all okay cause I’m not going anywhere.” She promised.

Jose simply nodded and held onto her tightly with his sister

Users who are viewing this thread

Back