• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

DnD Next/5thEd: New group, looking for DM, player

Melissia

August Personage of Jade
This is a chat-based game, meeting once a week, via a service of our mutual choice (teamspeak, skype, steam, et cetera). The times that the current group can meet are Friday, Saturday, or Sunday, in the evenings in US time zones. I've been gathering a group of people interested in playing the game, but am in need of a DM.

Currently, we have four people, all of us with a little experience in 5th edition and ranging from a decent amount to a lot of experience before that. Of them, two are tired of DMing, and two have simply no desire to. As such, we'd like to find someone willing to try out DMing, and maybe one more player. The primary requirement is that, whichever time we end up choosing, you can make it each week on time. I'm serious when I say this, but for an online chat-based game, that really is the most important thing you can do each week.

If you can do that and are willing to DM a 5th edition game, now is a good time to join, because we are currently developing ideas on our characters, what kind of game we're going to have, and DnD setting we're going to be roleplaying in.

If the final positions get taken, I'll post here and get the thread closed.

Hey, I was wondering if you are still in need of a person. I would be more than happy to be a player, if however you are still looking for a DM I might not be the best choice. I've done some DMing before heck I DMed a hell of a lot but never on 5e hence would be rather rusty at it not to mention I would have to read a lot up and right now I don't have the time. But yeah like I said you need another player and you can count me in, GM wise unless your fine with me running it like a 3rd edition I might not be the best choice.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the offer. If you can make the time I guess I can add you as a player, but that still leaves us a DM.

Melissia said:
Thanks for the offer. If you can make the time I guess I can add you as a player, but that still leaves us a DM.
Please do. (add me as a player that is)

Yeah finding a DM is rather hard as most people enjoy being a player more, like I said I would DM how I doubt it would go well.

If you have Steam, PM me your Steam profile URL so I can add you to the group I made to put polls and announcements and such for the group?

I've never actually played d&d 5th edition but i know how to play pathfinder, savage worlds and dungeon world. I'm willing to read the 5th edition book though.

The thing is, I have little long term experience DMing since i've only dm'd short one-shot type things for my friends but I've played a lot of freeform roleplaying and that has a lot of DM elements to it if you think about it. Plus, i just like being the dm! I'd be willing to give it a shot for you guys!

I probably wouldnt be able to talk on a mic though so if that's a deal breaker i'm sorry

edit: also for the times you said, i'm working on changing my schedule at work to be off on sundays so once that gets changed i'll be able to do it sunday evenings

If you can manage the schedule change, I'd be glad to welcome you in :)

Add me on Steam if you want to chat about it a bit.

As for no mic, that's fine. I don't use a mic either. Housemates don't appreciate it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back