• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

DnD 5th edition, chat-based rp

Melissia

August Personage of Jade
Several friends of mine expressed interest in a DnD chat game for fifth edition. However, I'm not sure if enough of them are able to commit to a time for it to be worth it.

So I'm looking for players who would be interested in a game, probably weekly on Friday evenings in US time zones. Experience isn't needed; most important is the ability to show up to the game each week.

While I'm willing to be the DM, I'm also quite willing to step down and let someone else be, as well. I think two of the friends are interested and able to commit, so looking for two to three more people, plus optionally a DM.

The game is still in the formative stage, so I don't yet have a theme or any houserules set up. Mostly just checking interest.

Ideally we would like to use Roll20 (( Especially I more then @Melissia )), therefore we offer the GM spot in option, if someone if comfortable with it!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd be available and okay with either Roll20 or Teamspeak. Friday is a /bit/ iffy for me, but it depends on timezone differences- and well, what time afternoon is for you, and how that matches up with what time that is for me. I already have a friday game, but I doubt we're in the same timezone, so I might still have more time.

The time we currently think will work best for us is 7:00 PM CST.

Also, hello again sage, long time!

7 PM Central- that's after my usual Friday tabletop is already over, because mine ends 6 PM PST, so that should work. Usually I'd be willing to DM DnD, but I've only just gotten the 5e Players Handbook, and still lack the 5e DMG or Monster Manuals, so...

And yeah! How have you been?

I have all three books, so that's not a problem. And I've been good, had a stressful finals week and have been recuperating since.

And- well. If you don't get anyone else, then I'd be happy to run you through something, yeah. You'd probably have to deal with me adapting monsters from earlier editions- but if someone can lend me the new DMG and new monster Manual, that would help a lot.

I'm interested 7 PM CST might be cutting it a bit close for me, but I want to try. Since around that time on a normal Friday I would likely have just returned home from game night. Since there is no house rules yet, any chance on homebrew races being allowed in like... Catfolk? Although they may need a bit of translation from the 3.5 homebrew to the 5E..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back