• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

DnD 5e - Servants of Dawn (Open)

Sour Diesel

Tears wash away easier than a concussion
Looking for a group of players interested in crafting their stories within a world of my creation. Enter the world of Paladina, a land scarred by its history of bloodshed against terrors from the Underdark. The Church of Divine, a collective of those worshipping the Light, are the authority over this land. A group of high priests known as The Circle convene with their High King. The kingdom is currently entrenched in a bitter civil war against the supposed rightful heir to the crown, lost in a desperate scramble for power years ago.

Your character will be a Servant of Dawn. The Servants act as the trusted sword arm of the church. Hundreds of Servants are found throughout Paladina and beyond. Some may act as Servants without being aware of it. There isn’t a requirement of faith to serve the Light so long as you stand against the forces of Evil. The name is mainly symbolic as to separate them from the sellsword or vagrant treasure hunter.

Interested, but what kind of schedule/times are you thinking, and would this be a text-based vs voice game?

I’m still new here so where do I go from here? Start a group pm?
I would suggest opening an OoC thread with a bit more details about your game on the Extra Pages section of the forum: Extra Pages

Or you could jump straight into group PM and give the deets there, it can work, though I'm generally more familiar with threads than PMs.

Any restrictions on Class or Race? How are Attributes being determined? What level is this at?

Any restrictions on Class or Race? How are Attributes being determined? What level is this at?
I’d be okay with whatever race people want to include. The only exclusion would be Dhampir for lore reasons.

As for class, I am not too familiar with anything outside the core rule book. I am thinking level 1, and possibly standard array for stats. I might tweak the array to give you a little edge. Depends on if we want a casual or challenging campaign

I’d be okay with whatever race people want to include. The only exclusion would be Dhampir for lore reasons.

As for class, I am not too familiar with anything outside the core rule book. I am thinking level 1, and possibly standard array for stats. I might tweak the array to give you a little edge. Depends on if we want a casual or challenging campaign
I am considering a few options, with one being an Elf Wizard. Both race and class are straight out of the core book. As for stats, I personally prefer a point buy, but if you want the array, I won't complain, and trust me, at low levels, any campaign is a challenge for a wizard.

I am considering a few options, with one being an Elf Wizard. Both race and class are straight out of the core book. As for stats, I personally prefer a point buy, but if you want the array, I won't complain, and trust me, at low levels, any campaign is a challenge for a wizard.
Point buy might be the way to go. I personally like standard to prevent minmaxing. At first level I think you ought to be only slightly talented at one thing and amount of competence at everything else is largely up to fate. Just a little philosophy. Need to sleep on it and make final decisions in the ooc thread

Looking at the Wizard, it might end up being a headache to try and keep track of spells in a PbP setting. I might go Ranger, since I haven't played one of that class in a while.

Looking at the Wizard, it might end up being a headache to try and keep track of spells in a PbP setting. I might go Ranger, since I haven't played one of that class in a while.
Ranger is fun too 😄 I think if you bookmarked a post with the spells prepared it would help, but it does indeed sound technical. Could go for a machine gun mage like the warlock

True. It is still early in the game formation; I have lots of time to lock in my submission.

I have a circle of the moon druid I have been wanting to try.

Sylvan and undercommon have a similar script to elven so those could be some options. Celestial since you’re a paladin

Users who are viewing this thread

Back