• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Diverse: Parallel One - Lost Era ~ The War of Four

IdeaLover

Feed me ideas!
OOC|Main Thread|Character Sheets|Available Lore​

Hello all, Bigenus here with another interest check. Thank you for clicking. Let's begin with an explanation of the title, if you don't particularly care skip to the next paragraph. Diverse is the universe I created and the setting of most of my roleplays and any other writing I might post on here. Parallel One refers to this timeline not being the main timeline of the Diverse. Lost Era goes on to specify that this isn't a story that currently pertains to any other. There's no reference point to make a comparison, so we don't know when this takes place, in other words it's lost. The War of Four is the actual title of this specific roleplay. You can probably guess the premise from the title alone, four powers are at war.

I'm tempted to try my hand at bbcode, but I'll make do with this for now. Here is a map of the world.
map.png
It's pretty much one big continent. The five point stars are the capital cities of each world power. Squares represent medium sized towns. Circles are villages or other small settlements. The multi point star, blob, are world dungeons, each associated with a respective deity. As of current no where is named nor controlled by a particular power. I hope to decide on these later with help from those interested. This world also has no name.

The world is home to eight main races. For sake of simplicity I'll use their designation and a short description. Some might notice that these races have appeared on RPN before owned by another user, an alternate account I lost the email and password for.
  • Evolution - A race of ever evolving humanoids thought to be the forefathers of all the races.
  • Recollection - A race of skilled tool users that focus on the arts and history keeping.
  • Unification - A race with the capabilities of copying the powers of the other races.
  • Innovation - A race that has focused on the sciences to improve technology and themselves.
  • Communication - A race that has found kinship with beasts that takes characteristics from both.
  • Adaption - A race of nomads that endure harsh environments and grow in power.
  • Animation - A race joined to the elements capable of bending the world to their will.
  • Imagination - A race of dreamers only that their creativity can become a weapon.
Sorry for the vague descriptions. I'll provide more detailed lore at a later time.

If you count by twos, they you'll see the four powers. These races have joined forces against the others in this war. Currently there is no all encompassing or relevant point behind the war. It's simply a war because someone has something the other wants or someone doesn't like the other. Sorry if you were expecting some grand reason, but wars rarely have a noble one.

So now the fun part. There's a war. And then there's you. Who are you? A noble warrior fighting for his race? The leader of one of the world powers? Maybe you're just a normal farmer? Actually scratch the last one. How about a mercenary offering his services to the highest bidder?

Last edited:
I'm interested, I can see you put a lot of time and work into this world! Do you think it would be more grand-scale, like with nations and politics, or small-scale with individual beings' experiences, conversations and such?

I'm interested, I can see you put a lot of time and work into this world! Do you think it would be more grand-scale, like with nations and politics, or small-scale with individual beings' experiences, conversations and such?

I'm open to both, I actually planned on the possibility of two instances. The grand scale and the personal. Each would be consistent, such as player1 in personal goes to fight some soldiers of innovation. The leader of innovation in grandscale if it is a player would be informed of a small act but only briefly. It's up to who you want to be in this world.

Sir Basilisk Sir Basilisk I Imperator_tenebrae Lunaaa Lunaaa Dane Dane

Thank you again for showing interest. I have a question for you, would you prefer building this world up with me or having everything presented and simply introducing your character? This is a question to each of you individually. It'll allow me to gauge how much lore needs to presented and what needs improvement.

I would enjoy having a say in the building of the world. Since there are 4 people here, it would make sense if each of us is in charge of a nation. Dibs on the first one! With the Evolution and Recollection races

I would enjoy having a say in the building of the world. Since there are 4 people here, it would make sense if each of us is in charge of a nation. Dibs on the first one! With the Evolution and Recollection races
Also what I meant by "in charge of" is that we have the power of creating the lore and history of that nation; in the actual role-playing I would prefer more personal encounters as opposed to national politics

I've been lurking about and watching the thread. I'm not good at nation scale role playing. BUT I'd be willing to play as a piece of someone else's nation if that would be okay. I'm interested in the lore and races here.

Okay, sounds good to me guys. I'll probably be nit picky about some stuff, but just ask questions and we can discuss the type of lore that'll go into each.

Dane Dane I Imperator_tenebrae Compass Compass Sir Basilisk Sir Basilisk

Let me know in a pm which power you'd like to play under. I'll help you guys each step of the way and give my input, but I'm pretty open to new ideas. If possible discord would be preferred but here on site is fine.

Okay, sounds good to me guys. I'll probably be nit picky about some stuff, but just ask questions and we can discuss the type of lore that'll go into each.

Dane Dane I Imperator_tenebrae Compass Compass Sir Basilisk Sir Basilisk

Let me know in a pm which power you'd like to play under. I'll help you guys each step of the way and give my input, but I'm pretty open to new ideas. If possible discord would be preferred but here on site is fine.
Being a new user I am actually unable to do PMs just yet lmao, so uhh I want the nation whose capital is here. map.png jeez good luck finding which city I was referring to. :P Could you IdeaLover IdeaLover or I or someone post a map with the four nations' borders?

This certainly looks interesting. The idea itself seems great! I'll have to keep my eye on this. One thing which does stand-out to me however, is I do feel like the imagination race looks incredibly powerful on paper.

This certainly looks interesting. The idea itself seems great! I'll have to keep my eye on this. One thing which does stand-out to me however, is I do feel like the imagination race looks incredibly powerful on paper.

Each race will have limiting factors or bonuses that should balance things out, there's also a fail-safe so to speak. I'm leaving things on a need to know basis to prevent meta-gaming.

Can I get a head count for which race you'd like to play as? You can provide a primary and secondary choice, though one will suffice.

Don't worry if someone has already picked the race you'd like, multiple positions are allowed within the same race.

Dane Dane I Imperator_tenebrae Sir Basilisk Sir Basilisk Compass Compass ChimpMan ChimpMan BassJunkyLeader BassJunkyLeader Lunaaa Lunaaa

I'm not sure I can afford the time right now to join I'm afraid. It's possible I may be able to soon but I can't guarantee anything. Thank you anyway!

I'm not sure I can afford the time right now to join I'm afraid. It's possible I may be able to soon but I can't guarantee anything. Thank you anyway!

That's quite alright, thank you for letting me know and for showing interest. Still if possibly can you list the race you are interested in?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back