• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

Dissapointed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gotta agree with that. Every single RP I've been in, active or inactive, all my posts there have been messed up. From what I've seen, the character tabs, locations tabs, everything is gone. Every single hour I've put into coding is gone. The BBCodes don't work anymore. Now it just looks like a virtual tornado of broken coding came through and destroyed everything. You've seen it. All our codes are just gone. No more colours, no more pictures, no more everything.

For the new members to this site, it'll probably be a lot harder to navigate than before. I've been here for more than a year, and I honestly liked the old version a hell lot better than this. To check someone's profile out, you just had to click on their profile pic, and out pops a small summary. Now it just takes you to their profile page, which resembles Facebook to an uncanny degree. It doesn't show our online statuses anymore. 

I've also got to agree to the fullest extent about the followers. A lot of us have racked up a fairly large amount during out time here, but when the update came out, they were all gone. It's probably kind of hard to take in for those who had more than a thousand followers. 

I know, I'm probably just going on an angry rant here, but quite a lot of people downright hate this update. Yes, I know it isn't complete yet, but if it stays this way, people are going to leave. Go find other sites. I'm convinced it's turned some people away from donating. This used to be one of my favourite sites on the Internet, for its great community, beautiful RP pages, and easy navigation. Perhaps that community is still there, but the other two aren't. Face it. This has become more of your average social site than a place to properly roleplay on for fun.

But this is just all in my opinion. I don't know how many other people agree with me.

I agree 100%

I think most of the people here have seen that post and understand why this is happening, but the fact that it did happen and most of us were unaware until we came back

The first thing I'm going to say: the update is not done yet.

That should be the only thing I have to say. Have you seen the uproar tonight? I have. I've calmed users. I've helped users. I've dealt with more negativity tonight than I have in three weeks.

BBCode is not finished. Nothing is finished.

It's easier to give you guys this and teach the features there are. Once this update is done, I wouldn't know where to start. I would absolutely not know what to make tutorials for.

I'm sorry for the loss of followers. I'm sorry that it's not finished. I'm sorry that I, like the rest of the staff, are human.

Telling users to be patient is all we can do. You'd have to be more patient if the site was down. Followers died, we weren't aware that would happen.

Also - most BBCode should carry over after the forum reconstructs.

Sorry not sorry for telling y'all to be patient. We're being patient too. You guys are just going to have to deal with it for now.

Thanks. Right now I'm having mixed feelings. I'm disappointed and upset about the whole BBCodes thing, but I guess I'm willing to give this thing a chance. Like how everyone says Infinite Warfare is going to be a steaming pile of bullshit, but I'm willing to see how it turns out. I've been taught to not judge a book by its cover. Maybe it'll be the same here.

Thanks. Right now I'm having mixed feelings. I'm disappointed and upset about the whole BBCodes thing, but I guess I'm willing to give this thing a chance. Like how everyone says Infinite Warfare is going to be a steaming pile of bullshit, but I'm willing to see how it turns out. I've been taught to not judge a book by its cover. Maybe it'll be the same here.

I'm sorry if it's condescending - but time is all this is going to take. I've spent the last four hours at keyboard helping people. I'm grated and not feeling well.

But we're all trying. All we can do.

I'm aware this update isn't finished yet, and this is just kind of hard to take in. I'll just have to wait until this 'rebuilding' thing is over.

I'm aware this update isn't finished yet, and this is just kind of hard to take in. I'll just have to wait until this 'rebuilding' thing is over.

I know it's really frustrating right now. We're trying to do what's best for our users.
RIP customer support, I suppose.

That should be the only thing I have to say. Have you seen the uproar tonight? I have. I've calmed users. I've helped users. I've dealt with more negativity tonight than I have in three weeks.

It's easier to give you guys this and teach the features there are. Once this update is done, I wouldn't know where to start. I would absolutely not know what to make tutorials for.

I'm sorry for the loss of followers. I'm sorry that it's not finished. I'm sorry that I, like the rest of the staff, are human.

Telling users to be patient is all we can do. You'd have to be more patient if the site was down. Followers died, we weren't aware that would happen.

Sorry not sorry for telling y'all to be patient. We're being patient too. You guys are just going to have to deal with it for now.

I'm just curious as to why we didn't just have a week or more of downtime in order to get things completely finished. I'm sure members would've been willing to wait so long as there was an end in site and we were in turn rewarded with a completed site. Or at least closer to complete than it is currently. 

Sorry about the negativity, but sometimes people can't just keep it inside. It's frustrating when things don't turn out how you expected it. Perhaps you guys could've done beta testing or periodic down times to test out what would happen with the new site. That way you wouldn't have gotten nasty shocks like the follows and ratings disappearing? 

This is my last reply to the forum. 

A site should not be launched till it's ready.

i run a buisness, we have an online store/site that recently went through an update. The update took three days to do and didn't go live until everything was ready. It's protocol, a site doesn't launch till its done. I think all this could have been avoided if the site was launched when it was 100% done. 

Im sorry but if my clients can wait three days for my site to be done I am certain the people of the nation could have waited a few extra days for you guys to get everything done. I known I would have waited. And I'm sure many others would have too. Maybe the best answer is to go offline for a bit and get everything worked out. Because I feel like since the site isn't done yet, we are seeing the new site at its worst. 

Just saying

positive vibes to the staff

Last edited by a moderator:
To be frank. The site should not have been brought back yet if this much was unfinished in that case. It should have remained down until it was finished.

All the negativity seems fairly grounded at the moment. People lost things they put their hearts into, they lost everything that used to be RPN with this update. It looks like Facebooks sad wannabe imposter. It seems everything would have been better off just being updated with the old format. This one, this should have been for the app. Unfinished or not this looks horribly crappy on laptop and I'm afraid sooooo many long time people are going to leave because of it.

If it ain't broke, done fix it.....and yet, somehow it was broken almost beyond recognition! Again, I know it's probably impossible, but it would be wise to bring back the old format...even if it takes a week and multiple fundraisers. We all just miss the actual rpn and not this sorry downgrade of the site...

It was simple, had character, was easy to navigate and people liked it so much because it WASN'T like other rp sites.

Not everything in life is fair, Jim. Hitler said he wouldn't invade Czechoslovakia. Look what happened.

Also,for the hype, i have lived by the words of Yahtzee Croshaw: Expect to be disappointed, and you will never be. I expected to be disappointed, and I am now very happy with what actually came out of this. 

In any case, this thread in a nutshell

Sakamoto_salt.gif

YX6ZTJ2.gif

Intense_Salt.gif

I really have to get this off my chest, paint me as a bad guy but here I go. I have a thread that is now called Dragon's Roar: Genesis that was once called Dragon's Roar ( Future Arc ). I was seriously concerned about it's well-being since I put a lot of TLC into that thread. It's been going since Dec 19 2015. Which to me is a long time for a roleplay that has less than 9 people. On the fantasy tab it was he fourth most replied to thread with around 82,000 views. Sorry if it seems like I'm tooting my horn here but I just have to say that I'm seriously scared/upset/angry because it says they've transferred my stuff and it looks like it but...it hasn't. The forum or thread or whatever magical page it is now says it has 447 pages but the posts cut off at June 26 on the most recent page. Meaning June 26-to August 9th and their posts are gone. There have been a lot of posts between that time and now and most of the posts showing up here seem to be posts that have been deleted...months ago. The overview is sitting in the corner leaking blood and tears since the BBCODE on it is just off in it's own land. Most of the people on my thread only post their character sheets on the character sheet tab and don't save them on documents. The character sheet has the same problem the in character tab has so all recent characters are gone. All of them. The lastest post on their on the lastest page is from Jan 24th and it's deleted. Posts that shouldn't be here are here and the ones that should be here aren't. The worst part about the attempting to calm down process is that I keep getting a notifcation saying the remaining 200 character sheets on the tab have come in yet nothing is there. It's basically a never ending troll notification. I tried to look at this positively but I just can't. This was supposed to be my last RP before I quit rping and just move on to other things. I put so much planning into the plot and I could make a story out of this at this point. Though I can't leave happily because everything is gone. All that effort people put into their characters, debates, ending drama, and so much more seems to be gone. I don't know how I can handle this if I even can or will try to. I'- yup....another 200 notification. Though I may be wrong and it may be taking you all a while but I can't give this new update a positive rating at all. Burn me at the stake if you wish for saying it, I don't care. There's just a lot not finished, explained, or retrieved. I don't know how to feel about this site anymore.

Your title is the most honest thing here.

But yes, most of us here are still pretty salty and bitter.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm just curious as to why we didn't just have a week or more of downtime in order to get things completely finished. I'm sure members would've been willing to wait so long as there was an end in site and we were in turn rewarded with a completed site. Or at least closer to complete than it is currently. 

Sorry about the negativity, but sometimes people can't just keep it inside. It's frustrating when things don't turn out how you expected it. Perhaps you guys could've done beta testing or periodic down times to test out what would happen with the new site. That way you wouldn't have gotten nasty shocks like the follows and ratings disappearing? 

It's going to be done in the same amount of time. If you're so upset, you can always refrain from using the site until everything is ready. :)

Also - we did a lot of testing. This was pmuch a one-time messup that happened for the real time.

This is my last reply to the forum. 

A site should not be launched till it's ready.

i run a buisness, we have an online store/site that recently went through an update. The update took three days to do and didn't go live until everything was ready. It's protocol, a site doesn't launch till its done. I think all this could have been avoided if the site was launched when it was 100% done. 

Yes - but we're not a business. We're volunteers. We have time when we have time. 

Also, @moderators and staff, if you happen to stumble across my lowly post, dont get me wrong, I still lovehate you guys, but I and a couple of others really feel for you all,to put so much time and work into this site, and get lambasted for it despite it being actually free and not a pay to use site. 

I'm not behind you all the way, but I do know how to sympathise.

Also, we have positive environment rules. Criticism is welcome, salt is not. Take the anger elsewhere, lovelies. <3

Let me repeat this (TheRiverSing's point) for all the people in the back. A site should not launch till it's ready. A-men.
Users have every right to criticize the site when communication is lacking and promised features are not delivered. If criticism on the current state of the site was not welcome, the site shouldn't have been brought forth in its incomplete state. 

Moderators and administrators do a lot for RPN, but they aren't immune to legitimate criticism. And labeling it as salt to dismiss it is very sad to see. 

Let me repeat this (TheRiverSing's point) for all the people in the back. A site should not launch till it's ready. A-men.
Users have every right to criticize the site when communication is lacking and promised features are not delivered. If criticism on the current state of the site was not welcome, the site shouldn't have been brought forth in its incomplete state. 

Moderators and administrators do a lot for RPN, but they aren't immune to legitimate criticism. And labeling it as salt to dismiss it is very sad to see. 

The site was ready to launch. The moving of RPs can't be done with the site offline. Any major update of this size was going to temporarily cripple the site. No way around this existed.

I love you

and go back up Nonagon I am not being salty! I love this site especially when staff helped me rejoin the site after I had to leave due to some drama happening. I just hate seeing so much hate being thrown around when it could have been avoided. Yes people would hate exetened down time but at least that would have given the staff more time to work on things.

i love you all!  

If it's criticism that hasn't been addressed, I'm all for it. I'm not for repeating myself three hundred times and being verbally abused in some cases. I don't need that shit in my life.

The site was ready to launch. The moving of RPs can't be done with the site offline. Any major update of this size was going to temporarily cripple the site. No way around this existed.

So. You said RP's wouldn't be deleted. I've counted threw 1x1's so far that have been. 1x1's that had a lot of effort put into them. Is there any way to get them back or am I just fucked?

If it's criticism that hasn't been addressed, I'm all for it. I'm not for repeating myself three hundred times and being verbally abused in some cases. I don't need that shit in my life.

Oh, no, in no way am I saying you should be verbally abused. That's very inappropriate and wholly unfortunate. For the sake of not repeating myself and some of the many very valid points that have been brought up, I would suggest more closely reading some of the initial posts.

Oh, no, in no way am I saying you should be verbally abused. That's very inappropriate and wholly unfortunate. For the sake of not repeating myself and some of the many very valid points that have been brought up, I would suggest more closely reading some of the initial posts.

I will once I'm not dying of sleep deprivation and trying to help the peeps, promise. <3

I'm first going to say that your quote of me is completely wrong.  I never said that and can identify the post it did.  I also need to step back and apologies.  I do understand that this update is under construction.  I did not make that clear in the least bit in any of my posts and I apologies if that mislead anyone.  But that is why I said I would like to be notified if any of my points changed.  All this said, I do agree that you should not be sorry for telling us to be patient.  What else can you do?

Not everything in life is fair, Jim. Hitler said he wouldn't invade Czechoslovakia. Look what happened.

Also,for the hype, i have lived by the words of Yahtzee Croshaw: Expect to be disappointed, and you will never be. I expected to be disappointed, and I am now very happy with what actually came out of this. 

In any case, this thread in a nutshell

View attachment 149716

View attachment 149717

View attachment 149718

I am a bit salty.  Adding a few gifs about it isn't going to change that.  Though I did not intend for this thread to turn out this way.  Truth be told I expected only a couple of responses and everything to be fully updated before this could reach anywhere near two pages.

I am so sorry you face verbal abuse for something you cannot control.

So. You said RP's wouldn't be deleted. I've counted threw 1x1's so far that have been. 1x1's that had a lot of effort put into them. Is there any way to get them back or am I just fucked?

They're not deleted, probably just lost for now. Search soonTM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back