Advice/Help Discord?

Goldie

Golden.
So, after checking out a few of the interest checks, and doing some reading through the site. I've seen more than a few mentions of Discord? What is that? Is it something I need to RP here?

Nope! Its nothing you need to rp here. Discord is an online chat server for gamers. Some people just prefer to rp there because you can organize rps within a server and its all in real time.

Nope! Its nothing you need to rp here. Discord is an online chat server for gamers. Some people just prefer to rp there because you can organize rps within a server and its all in real time.

Ohkay! Understood. So some RP's I may want too join may require that I have a Discord account?

Yes, it depends on who you talk to. I myself prefer to rp over discord as I am not comfortable or used to rping on a forum. Tried it in the past and they just never went anywhere. Also was kind of not a fan of how public everything was since i'm mostly a 1x1 rper.

Ahh, I see. This will be my second time at forum RPing. It's been a little over 5 years since I've done any roleplaying at all. But I used too mainly do it through IM's. Group chats and things like that.

I would like to add that Discord RP's are extremely fun, if you ever get the time, try one.

If you ever heard of skype, you can think of discord as a direct upgrade that on top of that has the feature of being compatible with plenty of games in terms of chatting while you play. It's extremely convenient in terms of direct, faster communication, and while some people have begun to exclusively roleplay on discord or prefer to (and for those yeah ya need discord to RP with, but most people fortunately don't do that), for most who use it at all it's for OOC purposes, with some group RPs now starting to feature OOCs not on thread but on discord groups.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back