• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Disc Fall ~ Fictional Drive OOC

Main
Here
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
We're about to reach page 3 real soon. Might as well plop in some ReRuns real soon and get some action going.

I don't think it's working with some people doing multi-paragraph posts and others just doing a sentence or two. And adding more players would make it worse.

Multiple people have said they can't figure out what's going on and there hasn't been any real chance for character interaction.
There's no structure.

Like, 3 pages in and we still haven't gotten much character interaction. It's going to make people drop out.

melody7654 melody7654 Seabiscuit Seabiscuit Develius Develius Scatterbrain Scatterbrain animegirl20 animegirl20 Topless Topless FloofWhispers FloofWhispers Gravitational Force Gravitational Force Crow Crow

While I agree that I may have been too hasty on posting story beats too quickly without giving proper interaction time, the one storyline thing will make the RP too linear in my opinion.

Preventing anyone from exploring a certain place or talk to a certain npc just to keep everyone in the same area and storybeat feels a bit too railroady and generally unfun not just for me, but for some people as well.

That's the reason why the Samus fight happened in the first place--since Samus decided to go ahead of the established group and explore the town that the cast will be converging to. She essentially forwarded the plot that the fandom cast was meant to forward early and I improvisation is unavoidable.

Although the concern is understandable, which is why I'm putting this to a vote.

Shall we do a soft reboot(where I delete every post except post 1 and start over from there, this time, giving you lot a proper interaction period)

Go for a hard reboot where I rework the intro to make it so that everyone shows up in Area 51

Or go ahead with what we've done and try to keep up.

Well, better early than late I guess.

I'm leaning towards Hard Reboot, where what would've happened happened already.

You know, have everyone start at a core then have 'em split up down the line. Like a rivers cuomo.

I say hard reboot. This gives everybody a chance to start off at the same pace and gives any last minute additions a chance to jump in before things really hit the fan.

Ah, yes! Well, I guess I'm certainly the minority here, but I would vote keeping it as it is...although perhaps, the fandom cast and driver cast could move to separate threads, to avoid confusion? I suppose I'm biased because I kind of like the posts I made so far and some of the others' intros and such, so I'd be sad to see it go, but then again, we only just started, so I'll still go with the reboot if that's what everyone wants.

So yeah, I vote keeping it as is while just splitting the threads from this point, but if we're going with a reboot, I say soft reboot. I think having all the characters in the same place at once would be a little much to keep up with.

I definitely don't mind staying as is... but then again Im currently in a 1x1 with the GM so that's rather bias. Nonetheless, if the majority feel this isn't going their way, perhaps a reboot would be appropriate and I support their decisions nonetheless.

This isn't killing this RP is it? (and if it is, so be it - I just want to be sure what's the next step from here)

I definitely don't mind staying as is... but then again Im currently in a 1x1 with the GM so that's rather bias. Nonetheless, if the majority feel this isn't going their way, perhaps a reboot would be appropriate and I support their decisions nonetheless.

This isn't killing this RP is it? (and if it is, so be it - I just want to be sure what's the next step from here)
we're literally just gonna start over from post one--no big deal, hopefully.

On that note, I believe I've reached a decision--we're going on a hard reset, with the thread going up probably around monday. This time, I'll make sure to give the RP a grace period of at least 2 days and 3 days at most in hopes of people actually interacting. Is that gucci with everyone?

Sounds good to me. I will also be changing my character for the RP. The character sheet will be up tomorrow.

On that note, I believe I've reached a decision--we're going on a hard reset, with the thread going up probably around monday. This time, I'll make sure to give the RP a grace period of at least 2 days and 3 days at most in hopes of people actually interacting. Is that gucci with everyone?
Can we also get a minimum post length? The sentence long posts throw off the flow and give nothing to interact with. At least two paragraphs would mean each player has the time they need for their post and players have to include enough detail that people won't get stuck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back