• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Digimon Legends(Reboot)

NoviceOfRoleplay

One Thousand Club
Introduction For Those Not Knowledgable Of Digimon Our world has a parallel world, Digital World. This dimension holds hundreds of beings called digital monsters a.ka. digimon. These digimon are sentient and act as humans would, they can be just as greedy or good.

Digimon also have a unique aspect to them, their bodies mature as they strengthen them, usually by fighting. This is a list of levels of digimon:

Baby->Rookie->Champion->Ultimate->Mega

Rookie is about the average level that you will see most digimon. Higher levels are rarer to find since they require years of training ones body. Or you can cheat.

Humans,strangly, can temporarily level up a digimon. For this reason, in great times of war, it is common to pluck humans from our world to be used to fight.

Story Digital World is greatly divided. A organization of digimon called Chain Breaker are trying to release the Seven Demon Lords.

The Seven Demon Lords were one of the first digimon ever made, and some of the most powerful. Each Lord represents a sin and act as there sin. So they were quite the horror to the young Digital World. The creator of Digital World, Yggdrasil, decided to delete the Demon Lords and seal their data fragments into seven pillars across Digital World.

Chain Breaker decided that Yghdrasil was not a good god and turned to pray and try to release The Seven Demon Lords. Yggdrasil sent man of its finest warriors to defeat Chain Breakers, its warriors fell. This was known as DownFall.

Now as Chain Breaker begins to unshackle The Seven Demon Lords, Yggdrasil as gotten desperate and begins to pluck humans at random from our world.

Let us begin.

How This Is Gonna Role

Everyone will begin with a rookie digimon of your choice(you may make up digimon). You will also be given the ability to turn them to champion with a digivice(you may decide what it looks like).

After we get do.e steam going, I will allow you to chose other paths of digievolution(leveling up) to get to higher levels.

Advanced: *Can digivolve to ultimate with items called Crests

*Later on, can digivolve to mega

*After even a stronger bond, can achieve X form of your Digimon, a form stronger then mega

*Ability to channel power of The Seven Demon Lords, or other powerful beings

02: *Can use special items you find called Armor Digi-Eggs to achieve multiple ultimate forms

*Can fuse two digimon together

Tamer: *Can Digi-Cards to give your digimon various temporary abilities

*Can digivolve to ultimate

*Can fuse yourself with digimon to achieve mega

*Can turn defeated digimon to Digi-Cards

Spirit: *Does not use a patner digimon

*User turns himself into champion and ultimate digimon forms

*Can fuse with others who have Spirit to achieve stronger forms

*Can decode data

*Can find items called Spirit Data to find more digimon to turn into

Data: *Can achieve ultimate

*Can achieve mega with strong bonds

*Can achieve Burst Mode with your willpower. Burst Mode is a increased power of the current level a digimon is

General: *Can digivolve one digimon to mega, after acquiring a strong bond

*Can have up to 5 digimon

*Cannot digivolve to Champion

*Can at first fuse two digimon, can progressively fuse more digimon together

*Can Xros Up, turn digimon into armor or weapons, or other itrms(depends on the digimon)

Basic Battle System

Note: This is the basics I want you to know, I will slowly introduce Distance and Armor. My goal with this is to give you multiple possibilities to solve a situation, so I've made a streamlined generic.

Digi100 System V.1

When you first choose a digimon, you will roll a ten-sided die for each of these listed stats:

Strength(Attack power)

Body(Defense power)

Spirit(Special Attack)

The ten-sided die will determine the value of each stat.

All Rookie Digimon will begin at 50 HP and 0 EXP.

Battle

Types of attacks:

•Close: %Number: 100%

•Projectile: %Number: 75%

•Special: DMG: ??? %Number: ???

Types of Power:

•Low Power: DMG: 10 %Number: -0%

•High Power: DMG: 20 %Number: -25%

- %Number

When you would make an attack, you will have to roll a ten-sided dice twice and match or get lower then the % Number.

A %Number is created by combining the %Number of an attack type you chose with power of the attack %Number.

Example: "I use a Close Attack with Low power!" 100%-0%

-DMG

This decides the damage you to an opponent. It is Power of Attack+ Digimon's Stregth= Total.DAMAGE. This total value is decreased before it reduces your opponent's HP(if you rolled good and attack would hit) Total Damage - Opponent's Body Stat = HP Reduction.

- Special Attacks

You will have noticed Special Attacks have ??? In its value. Special Attacks vary with their effects and will have their own percent for attacks. But guarantees are:

•Spirit reduction, each Special Attack will cost a certain amount of Spirit. During battle, you will temporarily reduce your digimon's Spirit during battle. Spirit will become its original value after an battle.

•Have to skip a turn before using a special attack.

- Second Chance !

When your HP huts 0, you may choose to keep going. Your Body Stat would be reduced as your HP would have been, when your Body stat is 0...Your digimon is turned into a Digi-Egg.

ENEMIES

Enemies will have the same stats if you and will be displayed before a fight begins...Well they have an additional stat-Fear. Fear will have a %Number which will be minuse your %Number equation. Example:

Gatomon Fear: 15

You use Close Low Power Attack!

100%-0-15%= 85%

- I'm Scared Though

You will have multiple chances to run away from fighting:

• When a battle begins, you may choose to run away and be guaranteed to be able to flee.

•In the middle if a battle, you may say you want to runaway. Both opponent and you roll a 6 sided die. If you get the higher number, you are successful at running way...if you don't your stuck their buddy. But you can try again when its your turn again.

•When your HP hits 0, you have a guarantee running away...unless you want to keep going and run the risk if losing your digimon.

Digievolution and Level-Ups

At the beginning of the role play, your digimon is able to digivolve to Champion. When a digimon digivolves, it will multiple its stats(HP, Strength, Body, Mind) and vice versa with de-digivolving.

Champion: x2

Ultimate: x3

Mega: x4

But how, and when does a digimon digivolve? When a digimon starts a battle, you may choose what available digievolutions of that digimon to use for that battle and..digivolve for that battle.

Now how can you Level up a digimon to increase stats? Well, you will buy Level ups with Exp points you have earned.

When you buy a level up, you roll a 10 sided dice for each stat(even HP this time) The value you get for each stat will be what you add to your existing value. Or, when you buy a Level up, you nay choose a specific stat by 6.

You will unlock another Digievolution after buying 10 level ups, and another Digievolution after that after you buy 10 more level ups with experience.

You can also use exp. To buy Special Attacks.

So this is a bit more broken down d100 system since I thought maybe I could simplify it more for this RP...Then it eventually became this...So if you want classes, or more specific system, tell me. Also you will be able to make up Special Attacks as you progress.https://www.rpnation.com/threads/re-digimon-legends.111622/
Still Accepting, and RP summaries in Overview.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bardiel said:
Is there any stat system or dice roller?
I do have a cheap experience system to help you see how far until you can digivolve.

I do have an idea for a stat/battle system, but I don't know how many are wanting a system. Personally, I love stat systems and battle systems.

Well, since the Digital World is literally quantised, then it is thematically appropriate, it can be argued. A d100 system might be suitable, with different manoeuvres possessing varying values or stamina requirements. For instance, a low damage tackle may be a roll of 75 and under, with a more powerful projectile attack at 25 and under. Special moves may require a turn preparing (an AOE attack) or a cost of some finite unit of energy (linked to the level of Digi-evolution, e.g. 1 at Rookie, 4 at Mega).

I'd think a simple one would be fun. I mean digivolution and the like is scaling power levels. Kinda hard to convey in a freeform setting with out some guidelines. Ultimately I'm good with whatever but, the d100 is a nice pick. @NoviceOfRoleplay

Alright I'll try to solidify the system tonight and get back to you about it tomorrow.

Out of curiosity, any of you decide what kinda digimon and path ya gonna take?

Digi100 System V.1

When you first choose a digimon, you will roll a ten-sided die for each of these listed stats:

Strength(Attack power)

Body(Defense power)

Spirit(Special Attack)

The ten-sided die will determine the value of each stat.

All Rookie Digimon will begin at 50 HP and 0 EXP.

Battle

Types of attacks:

•Close: %Number: 100%

•Projectile: %Number: 75%

•Special: DMG: ??? %Number: ???

Types of Power:

•Low Power: DMG: 10 %Number: -0%

•High Power: DMG: 20 %Number: -25%

- %Number

When you would make an attack, you will have to roll a ten-sided dice twice and match or get lower then the % Number.

A %Number is created by combining the %Number of an attack type you chose with power of the attack %Number.

Example: "I use a Close Attack with Low power!" 100%-0%

-DMG

This decides the damage you to an opponent. It is Power of Attack+ Digimon's Stregth= Total.DAMAGE. This total value is decreased before it reduces your opponent's HP(if you rolled good and attack would hit) Total Damage - Opponent's Body Stat = HP Reduction.

- Special Attacks

You will have noticed Special Attacks have ??? In its value. Special Attacks vary with their effects and will have their own percent for attacks. But guarantees are:

•Spirit reduction, each Special Attack will cost a certain amount of Spirit. During battle, you will temporarily reduce your digimon's Spirit during battle. Spirit will become its original value after an battle.

•Have to skip a turn before using a special attack.

- Second Chance !

When your HP huts 0, you may choose to keep going. Your Body Stat would be reduced as your HP would have been, when your Body stat is 0...Your digimon is turned into a Digi-Egg.

ENEMIES

Enemies will have the same stats if you and will be displayed before a fight begins...Well they have an additional stat-Fear. Fear will have a %Number which will be minuse your %Number equation. Example:

Gatomon Fear: 15

You use Close Low Power Attack!

100%-0-15%= 85%

- I'm Scared Though

You will have multiple chances to run away from fighting:

• When a battle begins, you may choose to run away and be guaranteed to be able to flee.

•In the middle if a battle, you may say you want to runaway. Both opponent and you roll a 6 sided die. If you get the higher number, you are successful at running way...if you don't your stuck their buddy. But you can try again when its your turn again.

•When your HP hits 0, you have a guarantee running away...unless you want to keep going and run the risk if losing your digimon.

Digievolution and Level-Ups

At the beginning of the role play, your digimon is able to digivolve to Champion. When a digimon digivolves, it will multiple its stats(HP, Strength, Body, Mind) and vice versa with de-digivolving.

Champion: x2

Ultimate: x3

Mega: x4

But how, and when does a digimon digivolve? When a digimon starts a battle, you may choose what available digievolutions of that digimon to use for that battle and..digivolve for that battle.

Now how can you Level up a digimon to increase stats? Well, you will buy Level ups with Exp points you have earned.

When you buy a level up, you roll a 10 sided dice for each stat(even HP this time) The value you get for each stat will be what you add to your existing value. Or, when you buy a Level up, you nay choose a specific stat by 6.

You will unlock another Digievolution after buying 10 level ups, and another Digievolution after that after you buy 10 more level ups with experience.

You can also use exp. To buy Special Attacks.

So this is a bit more broken down d100 system since I thought maybe I could simplify it more for this RP...Then it eventually became this...So if you want classes, or more specific system, tell me. Also I was just gonna let you make a few Special Powers and maybe I could just approve and/or edit them. Unless you want a shared move pool you all buy from.

@Bardiel @Genma

https://www.rpnation.com/threads/re-digimon-legends.111622/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back