• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Digimon: Digital Heroes

Characters
Here

Dolches

Horizontal Staircase
Summer Camp, a place where, for one reason or another, kids end up spending a week or two of their vacation from school away from their homes and most people they know to play outdoors with other kids they don't know. Artisan Summer Camp is no different. Boasting a clean lake, a pool, and a large amount of other fun equipment, it's a desirable pick for a camp. As far as being sent to a small cluster of buildings in the woods goes, Artisan is a great choice. However, there is one problem with the camp. The busses running late isn't that rare of a sight. In one such late bus, our soon to be heroes sit and wait to get to their destination. It wouldn't be long, however. The larger part of the trip was done, and it'd just be a few minutes until the bus got to camp. What would happen then? They'd probably get hurried to their dorms and then go do whatever activity was planned for them at the moment. Nobody on the bus knew what the camp schedule, neither what fate, had in store for them.

In another world, fate stretched its heinous claw towards the kids. An IceDevimon knelt infront of a shadowy throne, a figure barely outlined in the dark. Despite this, its presence was unmistakable. Even to the most hardened of criminals, the atmosphere around it could only be described as "Evil". It raised its right hand to the IceDevimon, who spoke immediately. "My lord, me and my soldiers subdued the nearby villages as you commanded, but-" The IceDevimon shivered as its dark master began to pay closer attention to it. "B-but as we were doing so, we felt something strange coming from the Southern Peninsula. Y-you see, my lord, when we were done with the first village, we saw some Digimon flee in that direction." The atmosphere in the room changed almost immediately. The IceDevimon bowed his head towards the shadowy figure.

"Find them." The figure demanded.

"Yes, Lord Daemon!" IceDevimon choked out. The shadow covered Daemon lowered his hand and IceDevimon immediately left the room. Daemon frowned beneath his mantle. If the villages got together to resist him, they might very well be able to resist. By themselves, they could probably go toe-to-toe with his small army. Of course, they stood no chance with his personal intervention, but he didn't feel like going squish the bugs in his garden. That's why he built his army in the first place. Unless... They had a hero of some kind? Daemon began to laugh. He felt as if nothing of this world could resist his might.

Last edited:
8eb4f37ec5ed1ea1c0f41d68cf493513.jpg

"Tch..."
Mikoto was sitting in the far back by herself, looking out the window at the passing wilderness the bus was traversing through.
Mikoto was unimpressed. Her parents sent her to camp to make friends, but why would she make any? No one looked to be trustworthy, nor did they deserve her time.
No one would even care if I exist. Hell, no one even wishes to approach,
She looked to one of the kids in a seat down in front, and he was looking back at her. He quickly looked away out of fear.

Might as well just continue playing my game.

She took out an Smartphone and pushed one of the Icons on her screen.
The game loaded as a creature appeared on it, waving.

Mikoto gave a slight smile.
Just one more battle and I can evolve it.

She pushed "Start Battle" as her creature took down a large black dinosaur creature in one claw swipe.

Gabe sat in one of the middle rows, his hood pulled up all the way over his eyes as he leaned against the glass trying to sleep. Of course this was disrupted by the fact that a girl, with a voice that he could only describe as a gerbil on helium, chattering with her friends, which made it near impossible to rest. Huffing in annoyance he stood up and made his way towards the back, making note of a guy with goggles playing a game. He looked to the seat opposite of his own and frowned as it was full of people's bags. Well, Least he would be quiet, with that he sat next to him, and leaned forward on the seat infront of them.

Last edited:
xLO0gLQ.png

───────────────────────────────✦────────────────────────────
𝙴𝚕𝚕𝚒𝚘𝚝 𝙰𝚝𝚔𝚒𝚗𝚜𝚘𝚗
────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
Somewhere near the back of the bus, Elliot sat with his laptop resting on his lap. His parents
were against him taking it with him, but he took it anyway. Now was the time to enjoy whatever
it was they were going to do at this summer camp, but his mind was more focused on his studies.
Elliot wanted to prepare his self for the test for early college instead of going to summer camp..
but his parents insisted he go. He could attempt to study at the camp,but something was telling
him that he wasn't going to able to

On his laptop, he would do research on what it was people do at summer camps. Fishing, hiking,of
course, camping and many other things. Thankfully, he knew how to do these activities that were listed
on his screen. the question was, what order was he going to do this stuff in?​

Last edited:

1606619409994.png

Sitting in the very back seat of the bus, Logan sat near the left window. His face was glued to the scenery outside of the moving transportation, resting his head on his arm, which he propped up on the window frame. He had zoned out most of what was happening in the bus with his earphones, playing music from his phone to drown out any noise the other kids made.

While Logan was against the idea of being sent to summer camp, he was glad that his parents allowed him to bring his virtual friends along with him, who were both clipped on the zippers of his backpack, which was sitting on his lap. He had grown attached to his virtual pets over time as he considered them to be his friends, sometimes talking to them quietly as to not be noticed.

A bad thought had quickly crossed into his mind, which made him look away from the window. Logan looks down on his backpack and figured that he may as well train his virtual monsters to calm himself down. Unclipping them both, he presses a button on both devices, and was greeted by his two companions.

Percival jitters as the bus trudges into the horizon. Thoughts bubbled in his head, mainly about the worries he would acquire the moment he stepped foot onto camp soil. But there was no point - it was too late and he was already on the vehicle that would take him there.

Worry filled him, and he had to distract his worry, so he turned to a little toy he had on him - a monster raising simulator.

He needed to distract so much of this worry, in fact, that he had two.

"You're both so helpless... like me..."

Mikoto felt the seat move which drew her attention away from her phone. A person with a hoodie, an guy to be exact. Mikoto was feeling internally nervous, but swiftly looked back to her screen as she saw her creature evolve into.... a red dinosaur resrmbling the one her partner killed before evolving.
Better than nothing I guess.

A message popped on screen above her creature, as it read:
"Are you my master?"
Mikoto stared for a second and rubbed her eyes.
I don't recall the game having text messages from the creatures in it.

She exited the app and turned her phone off before looking back out the window.​

As the teen trained his digital partners, he seemed to notice that they were much needier than usual, such as his dotted reptile wanting to eat more past the limit any monster from the game needed, while his dotted horned reptile refused to eat anything at all. Interestingly, they both seem to do well during their training, often being able to destroy their target in front of them, even with little to no input from Logan.

Despite the strange oddities, he didn't seem to mind as he considered spending time with his virtual monsters was better than trying to mingle around with the other kids in the bus. Though he doesn't understand exactly the reason why he was sent to this camp, he could get away with it by staying around until the last day and try to avoid making any interaction with anyone.

While the strange behavior of his digital partners wasn't anything he would write home about, it was when he tried to make them battle against each other that left him confused. After selecting the battle icon on both devices, he connected the two metal prongs at the top together and pressed a button to start the battle. Instead of showing a screen where each monster would fire away their attack, it instead showed them both shaking their head in refusal. When he tried it again, the same result showed.

Truthfully, he has never made them battle against each other before, as he only battle against both his brother's pets and has always had a good winning streak. But seeing them both refuse to battle was something he hasn't seen before. Logan decided to stop and clipped their keychains back to his backpack and pulled up his phone, searching up anything related to what he just saw.

Gabe noted the games the people next to him were playing, but didn't comment instead leaning his head back to try and nap, atleast until the boy next to him shifted. Taking a glance he saw him putting his phone away just as the bus stopped. Gabe groaned in response having not gotten any form of sleep on the way here, but he still stood, waiting for the crowd to offload from the bus.

Edward woke up in the male counselor dormitory. He got out of bed, brushed his teeth, took his morning shower, and then got dressed. He on put his pants, the bright purple Artisan summer camp staff shirt, and his signature button-up. He put the staff visor in one of the button-up's pockets and attached his walkie-talkie to his belt loops, and was ready to tackle the day.

However, it seemed that the person driving the bus of campers he had charge over didn't share his enthusiasm about waking up. It had been half an hour since the bus was supposed to arrive. He knew the camp's notorious reputation first hand. This thing happened to him last year as well, and then he had to rush the campers to their dorms, help them get settled in, and then bring them to what they hadn't missed of the welcoming party. If he remembered correctly, they had fun overall. Man, the bus was taking a while. He held his arms behind his head and stretched a bit. Just standing around and waiting for this bus was killing him. He felt like he was standing on pins and needles. Wasn't the saying "sitting on pins and needles"? Didn't matter. He did various things to pass the time, such as call his girlfriend. He could very faintly hear a large vehicle coming down the road. He was so excited that he had to stop himself from running to the bus himself. He's their counselor, their role model for the next two weeks or so. He needed to compose himself. He stood there and waited at the bus drop-off point.

One of his fellow counselors got there before the "large vehicle". Usually, buses would have two groups worth of kids, and they'd be split up that way. The other counselor was a new guy who just signed up this year. He was obviously nervous. "As your senior, lemme give you some advice." Edward said. "They can smell your fear, so calm down." The other counselor looked at him in shock, and he laughed. "I'm just kidding! But seriously though, these kids know body language, so you should calm down. You don't even have to do much work for now. We just need to get 'em to the remains of the ceremony and then catch them up on what they've missed. I did it last year and it worked out fine. You might wanna assess your group and determine the right pace to bring them through everything, though." He said to the newbie, who nodded. The newbie was gonna have a hard time, and Edward could see that very plainly. He decided then and there that he'd pick the less social group and give the socialite half to him. That way, everyone could accomplish something. He'd get his campers to open up, and the newbie's campers would open him up, and they'd all be able to have fun at camp.

At last, the bus arrived, and the campers arrived, and in a small amount. He took the initiative and split them up, without resistance from the newbie. It was quite easy, actually. One half of the bus was talking more than voicemail messages and the other was dead silent. "Alright, these are the group's you'll all be split up in. Any questions?" No camper raised their hand. They either didn't actually have any questions, or they were too shy. He went to talk to the bus driver, and saw the older man was having problems. "Your phone's out?"

"Darn right, and I gotta call management to say I dropped off 'dese kids." The driver said.

"You can borrow my-" Edward's offer was cut short. When he went to input his phone's password, he noticed that, not only was the camp's Wi-Fi down, but his cell connection was gone as well. "Nevermind sir, it seems like everything's down for me as well." He put his phone back in his pocket, and remembered the walkie talkie. He pressed the button to start talking, but rather loud radio static sounded off as soon as he did so. This was.. certainly strange, but he wouldn't let this ruin anyone's experience. Not even the other counselor's. "Hey Fred." He said to the new guy. "Everything's down, so I'm gonna bring my kids with me to tell management we're all here. Go ahead to the entrance ceremony." Fred nodded, corralled his kids, and then began walking there.

Edward turned to his group. "We'll be taking a shortcut through the woods to get there and then where we need to be the quickest. Don't worry, there's nothing dangerous. We've got a small team that did extensive checks, and I even participated personally." He began walking, and ushered his kids to follow him. "Sucks that everything is down, huh? Don't worry, this is just-" He was going to say "an anomaly", but the word had negative and somewhat scary connotations. "-a solar flare or something." Edward finished. "I'm Mr. Edward, but you guys can call me Ed. What're your names?" He asked them.

Unknown to most people at the time, most devices were down. Computers were bluescreened, landlines just returned static, and even the Satellite phone in the management office couldn't connect to anything. Something was amiss. Worse yet for this anti-social group of campers, their virtual pets wouldn't show up on their devices if they tried to play with them on the walk through the woods.

The bus had stopped. Mikoto was the last one off and she was placed in a group full of boys. She internally felt somewhat nervous but hid it extremely well with the slightly angry glare on her face.
Just my luck.... can't belive I have to share a room full of boys. I don't even....
She sighed and pulled her phone out.

Pushing the power button, the phone had a flashing light on screen, and nothing else.
Really?! Did the battery die or something?!
That was when Edward showed up and introduced himself. Mikoto had her bag slung over her left shoulder and looked away unammused. She followed the group, but remained in the far back.​

The teen tapped on his phone's screen several times to no avail. His friend's refusal of battling was one thing, but now his other source of entertainment became a paperweight. He sighed and unplugged his earphones to put both it and his phone back in his bag. As he does so, he noticed that his virtual pets were no longer functioning.

This causes him to panic, desperately trying to turn them both back on. Thinking that the batteries may have gone out, he mentally beats himself for not packing any extras. Sliding his backpack on his shoulders, he makes his way out as he puts his hood up, his stern and intimidating look returning back to his face.

He didn't seem too thrilled on having to share a room with the other kids, but luckily, he was smart enough to bring his sketchbook along with him, as well as a small wind instrument to help him avoid interaction. As he followed the group through the woods, he kept his distance away from them, but just close enough to not cause any trouble as he makes sure no one was behind him.

The blonde male took notice of the councilor mentioning how the phones were down, which was quickly followed by two other teens, the pair he was next too on the buss, glancing at their phones and game respectively before storing them away looking more uneasy that before. He furrowed his brows, taking a glance at his own phone. It all seemed normal enough except for the lack of service. Atleast until his screen glitched and shut itself off. With narrowed eyes, he attempted to reboot the machine only for it sit still and unresponsive. A feeling of unease crept up his spine, especially when Ed mentioned cutting through the woods.

247e557e17ab4d59a5710ee27fde1993.pngWith Edward's less than stellar reception from both the campers and from the communications infrastructure of the camp, he concluded that this would be a very worthwhile set of weeks. Albeit, they may be a bit long. Getting these kids out of their shell would be a bit difficult, but he felt confident he'd be able to do so, even if they were all already back on their devices. "No use just sitting here. Let's get a move on! Hope none of you are tired." Edward lead the way, and the campers followed. Edward checked the compass only to see it was out-of-whack. Whatever, he knew this camp like the back of his hand.

Seven minutes. It only took seven minutes for them to get lost. Edward was 100% certain that they should be not only out of the woods, but walking into the main office's front door as well. He kept a calm shell on the outside, but his head made all sorts of connections. The electronic devices being out, cell service, even compass... Why did he just assume the compass not functioning was to be expected?! It wasn't electronic or anything! He had a feeling that the campers were also feeling a bit confused, upset, and especially scared. It was his job to at least help alleviate these things. He turned his head back to them. "Well, campers, it-" before he could finish his sentence, he heard something. Insect wing beating? He couldn't feel anything around himself, and the looks on the campers' faces told him that they heard it too. What in the world was going on? It was as if there was a giant insect somewhere in the forest. Edward thought that illogical. Giant insects haven't existed out of the ocean since a few hundred million years ago or so. There was no way one just flew above his head. There was no way. Edward stood in plain and utter shock and fear as a giant insect with a red exoskeleton flew past his group, over the top of the trees. He didn't even notice all of the other irregularities. Everything seemed different, as if they had all entered a different world. The wing beating began to get quieter and quieter, and Edward turned from where the monster had just gone to the campers. A whirlpool of thoughts threatened to sink his rationale, but one thing stayed afloat. He had to ensure the campers' safety. He motioned to them with a finger over his lips. "No matter how hard you feel like crying or screaming, we need to stay quiet. I don't know what the-" He stopped himself from swearing. "-that was, but I have a feeling it might come back. We need to quietly, and carefully, keep moving." He thought a bit more. Of course moving was essential, but where? What on Earth was happening? Were they still on Earth? They had to be. Edward pushed that thought to the back of his mind. "I doubt that that red beetle monster is the only.. thing, here." He looked around. Ah! Of course! No matter what was happening, they were still following a trail. They should- Edward looked at the ground. The trail was gone. He knew for a fact he was following it the entire time, and they didn't stray off of it. How did-

Edward saw a tree get enveloped by some sort of electrical special effect. It stopped as soon as it started. Edward's jaw hang open and he stared at the tree. He collected himself again and looked towards the top. The fruit changed to something he had never seen before. He was flabbergasted. What was happening? A giant monster flew above them seconds ago, and now the very world itself was changing around them? This was too much to handle. He stopped thinking about whatever was happening around himself and the campers, and began to think only about their survival. "Campers, I don't know what's going on, but I promise all of you that I shall do my best to keep us all safe. Please trust in me. We should find a river. No matter what, the river will be a source of water, and likely have some form of food as well. Are any of you good at climbing? We should see if that fruit is edible. As the adult, I'll be the Guinea Pig. I'd climb up and get it myself, but I don't want to risk falling. If any of you fall, I can catch you. I promise."

The campers have probably realized a few things. This world had a large amount of similarities to the "world" their virtual pets lived in. The beetle monster that flew overhead was "Kuwagamon", the fruit was Digifruit, even the trees looked like the ones from the games. Edward didn't realize any of this because he didn't have a virtual pet.

Mikoto had started to hear the buzzing sound as well when the group stopped and Edward was cut off from his sentence. Mikoto looked up and saw a familiar creature fly overhead. Her eyes were wide as she was filled with the feeling of amazement, but at the same time, confusion.
"That's-"
The teacher cut her off, as he told them not to speak. He then talked about having no idea what was going on, as he then called the creature a red beetle monster.

"It has a name."
Mikoto said, before the teacher found a strange tree up ahead, and asked if any of them could climb it to get the fruit down from there.
Mikoto sighed and dropped her bag.
"I'll do it."
She said before going up to the tree and started to climb it.

Dolches Dolches

Much like everyone else, Gabe stared as the gaint arthropod flew above them. "I don't think were in Kansas any more..." he muttered under his breathe. Noting how the beast looked like one of the monster from that gane his saw advertising everywhere. His attention was drawn from the sky to the kid who volunteered to climb. He hummed in thought before deciding to see if there was anything of use around. Maybe a decent stick to make into a spear or something? With that and a quick glance to make sure he wasn't spotted, he broke from the group, but still stayed within ear shot. He didn't want to stumble across something hungry for meat afterall.

As he was walking at the very back, he tuned out most of what was said as he looked away. That is, until he heard something flying towards them. Logan turns to the direction it was coming from, and his eyes widens in surprise as the teen sees a familiar, red stag beetle fly past them.

"Ku..wagamon...?"

The young boy mutters to himself in confusion as he watches it fly away. He turns back to the group as he pats his cheeks repeatedly to make sure he's not half-asleep, but hearing the counselor confirming what he had saw now had him slightly concerned. Seeing the tree change into something slightly different didn't really calm him down.

He sees the situation going on at hand, such as what he thought was a boy climbing up the mysterious tree and, thanks to his face hidden under his hoodie, sneaks a glance at the boy who broke away from the group. He doesn't really enjoy snitching, so he reached over to his virtual companions clipped on his backpack, only to feel... nothing.

"Eh?"
The teen takes his backpack off to see that his v-pets weren't there anymore, causing his face to pale up under the hood. He internally panics as he turns back to the path they took to get to where they are, only to find that it had changed. Logan's mind was undecisive when it comes to making a choice, as he didn't know if he should tell the counselor or quietly break away from the group to find his missing companions.​

247e557e17ab4d59a5710ee27fde1993.pngAfter Edward's request, one of the campers went to climb the tree. He followed them, stopping at the base. He looked at the other campers, noting that they all seemed to have a look of shock and confusion. Well, of course they did, but it seemed like a different kind of confusion than what he expected. A sort of "hey I recognize that, but why is it here?" confusion. He remembered seeing it on his girlfriend before. They were in a small shop, and she recognized a souvenir from her hometown. All of the campers had that expression. All... Two were missing. No, wait, they were- No, one was climbing up the tree. He looked around frantically and saw the other one walking away. "Stay close, please!" He said loudly to the him. Edward turned his attention back to Mikoto. He realized he didn't know who the campers were. Well, he knew the names of everyone on the bus, but not the faces attached to them. One of them, a slightly tanned and skinny nerd, said something that was definitely someone's... or something's, name. "Excuse me, you there." He said, motioning towards Logan. "Who's... Kowaguumon?" He tried remembering what the camper had said.

The sound of loud wingbeats began to pick up again, and Edward cocked his head back to the direction it came. That's where the giant beetle monster went. It was coming back. Did it smell them? Did it hear them? He knew that it had sensed something worth flying back over head. Hopefully, it wasn't them. "It's coming back!" He loudly whispered. "Hide below the trees!" He was about to dash into a spot he wouldn't be seen, but stopped. The boy who climbed up the tree was still up there. He'd be a sitting duck up! He positioned himself under the endangered camper and put his arms up. "Get down from there!" He told Mikoto. He bent his knees a bit and curved his arms, to break Mikoto's fall as safely as possible.

Mikoto was at the top of the tree grabbing a couple of fruit before hearing the teacher shout at her. She couldn't hear what he was saying because of the wind suddenly picking up with loud buzzing noises.
"What?! I cant hear you!"

She heard him yell that it was coming back.
Mikoto's expression went to one of tension as she dropped the fruit and turned around to see Kuwagamon flying towards the tree she was in- no, it was directly looking at her.
She was frozen in place as the Red insectoid digimon was now above her, it's right claw glowing in an attempt to use its attack.
However, her right pocket began to glow as a light shot out and inbetween Mikoto and Kuwagamon, as a smaller digimon flew out with a claw up to knock back the former.
"Scratch Smash!"

The attack struck Kuwagamon and sent it spiraling to the ground, as the smaller digimon flipped back and landed in front of Mikoto, before looking back to her. Mikoto thought the digimon looked familiar somehow, with the claws and beak.
"Master, are you okay?"
Mikoto was about to answer but the Kuwagamon had returned, ready to attack again. The smaller digimon picked up Mikoto and jumped out of the tree, just in time as the Kuwagamon destroyed the tree in one hit.

The digimon landed and put Mikoto down next to Edward as it ran forward to fight Kuwagamon head on. Mikoto was unsure how to proccess the situation, but she slowly got up and spoke. "Falcomon...."

"Kuwagamon. A digital monster based on the saw stag beetle. It as a strong shell and fights using its pincers."
Logan briefly explains as simple as he could for the counselor, knowing that he's just as confused as he is, but on a completely different level than the teen. He witnessed the fight between the red stag beetle against a small bird creature, who just came out of the boy's phone, and successfully got away without a figurative scratch.

The teen's mind was racing a little, now confirming a question he had, but is torn if he should be concerned about Kuwagamon or ecstatic to be here. That question was immediately answered when he noticed that the red stag beetle had suddenly switched its target after getting its senses back. Kuwagamon suddenly flew towards the hooded teen, who began running away from the group as he knew what the consequences were for dawdling.

Kuwagamon's speed was much too fast compared to Logan's, who was starting to slow down from the sudden exercise. As he tries to get away, he suddenly trips over a his feet, landing face first into the ground. Slowly getting up to his knees, he hears the sound of a buzzing noise growing louder from behind. All he hoped for was his demise to be quick and painless, until...

"Pepper Breath!" "Blue Blaster!"

Two orange and blue flames fire away at it, stunning the red stag beetle for just a few seconds. Looking up, he sees two familiar creatures standing before him, which catches him off guard.

"Agumon..? Gabumon..?"

"I'm Ichi and this is my buddy, Zero. We're both so happy to finally meet you!"
"Let's save the greetings later, Ichi. We have to protect him first!"

The other nodded as Kuwagamon came back to its senses. Before the stag beetle could even move, the reptile duo leapt over the teen and used their claws to strike Kuwagamon's body, who was sent flying away from their combined strengths back to the direction Logan came from.​

The moment the kuwagamon landed Gabe ducked for cover as he tried to find something to defend hinself with. Maybe he could get a monster like the others had? He grabbed his phone to see if that was how it would work, but it was still dead. With a huff he placed his phone away, watching the three monster fight the larger beatle beast.

247e557e17ab4d59a5710ee27fde1993.pngPoised to catch Mikoto, Edward kept frantically looking between her and the giant beetle monster. "Jump down!" He yelled. Time seemed to slow down. The beetle had reeled it's claw back as if it was about to punch the camper at the top of the tree. He could barely keep his gaze between the two of them with the hope of Mikoto actually getting out of this unscathed. He closed his eyes, and his ears were immediately met with a new voice. Some anthropomorphic owl creature had interrupted the beetle's attack, and dunked it to the ground. It immediately started tending to any worries "it's master" had. Edward was quite astonished, and could barely believe he saw this happen. First the beetle, then an owl, what next? He had barely even registered Logan's explanation of what the monster attacking them was. Kuwagamon was it's name? It didn't matter too much to him, as "Kuwagamon" resumed it's assault, this time directed at Logan. He began to run away for a few seconds and Edward followed, but Logan tripped. Again, it seemed as though the "Kuwagamon" as he called it would make a meal out of one of his campers. Again, he heard new voices. Two voices sounded off as two more monsters entered the fray and began spewing fire at the Kuwagamon. They again instantly began tending to their camper. He looked around. One of the other campers was hiding. Not well enough, apparently, as Kuwagamon began to try and attack him next.

Edward was closer to Gabe, and immediately sprinted at the camper. "Look out!" He shouted to Gabe, before tackling him. Kuwagamon zipped above their heads and crashed through the trees behind them. He quickly got up after ensuring they were safe, and helped Gabe up as well. "While these new monsters seem friendly, I'm gonna' assume that they're not stronger than that Kuwagamon thing, and that we should start fleeing!" He said. After making sure that all campers were accounted for, he began running slowly so that the campers could keep up. If he knew this'd be happening, he'd have picked the more athletic kids. Maybe then... Maybe then they wouldn't be helped by those smaller monsters. Now that he thought about it, what on Earth was happening? That one nerdy lookin' kid knew the giant monster, or "Kuwagamon" as he told him, by name. He and the slightly girly seeming one didn't seem all too surprised at the small monsters that seemed to know them. Were they... No, they couldn't possibly... Then again, he saw Gabe check his phone right before Kuwagamon tried to attack him... No... He may as well ask questions before Kuwagamon returns.

"What are these monsters?" He asked the campers. "You two!" He glanced back momentarily at Logan and Mikoto specifically. "Why do you both seem to know these creatures? Why are those three your friends?" He shifted back his focus to what was in front of him. "Are we in some kind of game world?!" He asked the most absurd question he was thinking of. He had noticed earlier they had these strange devices on them. He was guessing it was some kind of game. Had they somehow entered that game's world? If this was some kind of PR Stunt, he was going to sue once he was out. He now saw from behind the trees... A desert? He was pretty sure that ecosystems didn't work like this. He was also sure deserts didn't have big brown dome shaped... Those aren't trees! "Houses!" He exclaimed to the campers. "Houses! I see a village! They can probably help us with that-" Before he could even speak of the devil, Kuwagamon descended in front of them, hovering in the air. Instead of stopping, he kept running at their foe, delivering a strong punch to it's underside, and running under it.

"Go to the village and get help! I'll distract this thing and be there shortly!" This had to be the most absurd, stupid, reckless, and idiotic thing that he'd ever done. Adrenaline, fear, and somehow exhilaration flooded him. No matter the outcome, as long as it stayed focused on him, this was certainly better than risking the lives of any of the campers. It turned around to him and, in some fashion that he assumed was angry, began to growl at him. It didn't seem fazed at all by that punch, sadly. Edward kept himself barely out of claws' reach of the monster. "Let's see if you're any better than the common thug, big guy!" He said to Kuwagamon, shuffling around in some kind of stance.

Mikoto watched as two more digimon showed up to protect Logan. Mikoto recognized them as Agumon and Gabumon, before Edward took charge and told the campers to follow him. He then said something about how Kuwagamon was too strong for them to fight, considering its size.

"No, I think Falcomon can manage, along with Gabumon and Agumon..."
Edward asked her what was going on. "They're Digimon. We're in the Digital World, I have no clue how Falcomon is here right now!"

Kuwagamon barred their path as Edward made an attempt to fight the Kuwagamon, by himself. Mikoto did not run away and stood her ground as she looked to her partner. "Falcomon, you are MY Falcomon, yes?"
"Yes, I am."
"Then you can-"
Falcomon sprinted forward as he replied,
"Leave it to me!"

Logan quickly gets back up to his feet, his Digimon helping him up as the trio makes a dash for the group, following behind Edward.

"I.. have no idea what just happened, nor do I know how we ended up here..."
The teen answered, "But what I do know is that these three are strong enough to handle the fight."

Seeing the Kuwagamon blocking their path.. It would've made the boy shiver to his knees if he were alone, but he was here, accompanied by an Agumon and Gabumon duo. A sense of familiarity approaches him as he recognized the two being the same Digimon he had raised over and over again, the same duo he had spent most of his time with along side his brothers... Thinking about the Digital World made something click in his mind, realizing why his V-Pets had disappeared.

"So.. You guys are..."
"Mhm! I'm Zero." "And I'm Ichi, in case you forgot."
"We're both the same Digimon you raised."
"Again, we're both really glad to finally meet you."

The teen nodded, confirming what he was thinking. Looking back towards the situation, Logan sees Edward facing off the Kuwagamon on his own and the Falcomon sprinting off towards them.
"Zero! Ichi!"

Both Reptile Digimon nodded, both following after Falcomon and charged towards Kuwagamon.​

247e557e17ab4d59a5710ee27fde1993.pngEdward continued his reckless endeavor until the three... Digimon? Yeah, the three Digimon accompanying the kids joined in. "What? I said go to the village! I'm sure I can handle thi-" He said, keeping his focus on Kuwagamon as it swung its pincers at him. He ducked quickly, and then jumped back. The three Digimon seemed to attack it as well, calling out names and then attacking in various ways. It seemed obvious to him that they were more equipped to fight Kuwagamon than he was. He began to try and come up with a new plan. Should he run to the village? He was much faster than the campers, but then he'd have to leave them all alone against this giant bug. If it targeted Gabe while he wasn't around, then that might be disastrous. Hell, he could say that about any of the campers if the little Digimon didn't intervene. "Hey, you two with the Digimon!" He called out. "Have one work on protecting yourselves and the other two keep Beetlejuice busy!" He said. While the movie reference didn't work well, it was the best he could come up with considering the circumstances. "I'll be the one to run to the village! All of you stay safe!" He called out to them before breaking into a sprint. While he already regret not stretching a bit beforehand, he also regret having to leave the kids by themselves. This plan entirely hinged on the ability of their Digimon to keep them safe, and... Edward was now thinking about whether the villagers would be hostile or not. Would they? The Kuwagamon could be a villager for all he knew. He had just assumed that they'd be friendly since they're civilized enough to form a village. Well, they also had the three allied Digimon, so maybe they'd be able to talk it out with the villagers. Before he could think more about their situation, he noticed that something was running toward him from the village. He nearly stopped in his tracks as soon as he could identify it as a giant ostrich.

"Hey! Big guy!" He called out to it. "Me and my friends got attacked by a Kuwagamon! We need some help!"

"Get on!" The ostrich said when it got close enough, and bent down a bit. Without enough time for reluctance, Edward did exactly that, and the two were off.

"Over there!" Edward pointed into the forest, with everyone still there. The giant ostrich ran faster, and then drop kicked the Kuwagamon, sending it spiraling through trees. Edward hopped off the ostrich and checked on the campers. "Everyone OK? Everyone cool?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back