• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Dice Mecha RP?

Paranoidude

Skeleton With Standards
Hey! So, I'm trying to make a Dice RP utilizing an incredibly skimmed down version of the Savage Worlds dice system. Seeing as I would want bare-knuckle brawls between two reasonably similar fighters to take a back seat to the story and motivations serving the fight, my system that I'm using is reasonably simple. Roll a D6 (or D4 depending on circumstances) plus or minus any bonuses you might get from being stronger, prepared, etc. more than a layman might be. A 4 or higher is an objective success. 5 and 6 are both greater degrees of success. A 3 is a standard failure, and 2 and 1 are harsher degrees of failure.

My system is barebones so that it's easy to pick up on and adds tension to the story that it is serving. In the case of a player versus player incident, or even a player versus everything incident, getting hit three times will incapacitate you, but not neccessarily kill you. There will be a chance that your character can be saved, but they may not be the same again. Or there might only be a small window where they could be stabilized, jeopardizing a mission, etc. It really depends on what's going on at the time, so all I can say at this point is that three direct hits, and you're out! You can choose to defend against an attack, sacrificing your own attack as well, and that will negate the hit.

Anyway, on to story stuff! I was thinking about a classic Mecha V Kaiju setting. As one might expect, humanity has banded together to create an elite strike force against the invasion of coming giant monsters. The war is young, hopes are high, and legends are about to be forged. Three countries were able to finish crafting gods of metal, idols of human achievement against the first Kaiju scouts. Now the Kaiju know we won't keel over. Expect stronger resistance.

The countries with active Mecha programs are the United States & Canada's Ares Program, Russia's Night of Peace (

Ночь мира) program, and the European Union's AH (Adeptus Hastam) (Doom's Spear) Program. These three prestigious programs, as well as any up-and-coming programs, were merged into an entity referred to as UNITI - United Nations Integrated Technology Initiative. In essence, it's a badge to wave for deployment jurisdiction, a banner to funnel funding into, and a gathering place for the world's best scientists and engineers to gather. In the recent years, UNITI has been getting countries to adopt housing stations and bases for the current (and future) mecha projects.

I don't know how many people all in all I might want in the RP, too many cooks and such, but right now this is what I'm proposing. It's worth mentioning (and reminding anyone who's ever watched a Mecha Anime) that there are no small roles, only small actors.

Proposed Roster:

--Team Ares--

Pilot:

Gunner:

Chief of Support Team:

Lead Engineer:

--Team Night of Peace--

Pilot:

Gunner:

Chief of Support Team:

Lead Engineer:

--Team AH--

Pilot:

Gunner:

Chief of Support Team:

Lead Engineer:

--UNITI Staff--

Chief of Staff:

Chief Engineer:

Chief Researcher:

Others:

UPDATE: Decided this idea would probably work best as a Nation Building RP/RPG type experience, so I made a new Interest Check thread.

Check that out... here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back