• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom ๐•ฏ๐–Š๐–›๐–Ž๐–‘'๐–˜ ๐•ญ๐–†๐–ˆ๐–๐–‡๐–”๐–“๐–Š {Kiribaku FANTASY AU: DISCONTINUED}

Bakugo was silent as Kirishima started speaking, glaring at the ground and grinding his teeth together. He knew the other was right. And that's why it made him so angry, in the end. Not angry enough to see red, to make him lose it. But a simmering anger, directed at himself.

The anger was put on hold, though, when Kiri approached him and cupped his face and he couldn't even find it in himself to glower or snap at him to stop touching him. Instead his eyes went wide and his expression was mostly surprised as Kiri spoke to him. When he was told to stop the look on his face, he almost scowled just to be a dick about it, but he was too tired. He looked at Kiri through his lashes, unable to block out his Knight's words.

And then, like a fucking little bitch, he squinted against a rush of fresh tears. They stung the scrapes on his face as he blinked them free. He finally did glare then. Glared straight through his tears because he was fucking horrified at himself. And yet he couldn't pull away. In fact, his body betrayed him and despite his head screaming to pull back, he leaned forward just slightly so the warmth of Eijiro's hands further pressed into his skin.

He closed his eyes tight again, reaching up to grasp Kirishima's wrists loosely, like he might pull the hands away. He didn't , however, and just stayed like that for longer than neccessary.

When he did finally move, it was just to sniff, open his eyes and set his stare on Kiri once again. His eyes told it all. They said 'I don't fucking like this, but it's not like I can stop you' and 'we both know you're right, but I'll never admit it' but what his mouth actually ended up saying was, "Fine."

He moved back, keeping hold of one of Kirishima's wrists but dropping the other as he turned down the long stretch of hall before them. He reached up with one arm to scrub the fresh tears that mingled with the blood on his face, before he gave a tug on Kiri's own arm. "I'm not letting go of you 'cuz you'll get lost or something, you dumbass. Come on." This was his poor attempt at humor, though Katsuki wasn't really known for his jokes. He stared at the ground as he started leading Kiri towards the closest washroom. His steps said he was tired, but his silence said he had a lot on his mind.

Kiri's gaze remained locked onto Katsuki's face, not daring to look away. He gently ran his thumbs over Kat's face, watching as the fresh tears came tumbling down and he practically nuzzled into his hands. He stayed still, basking in this tender moment with the prince, letting the silence embrace them comfortingly. He would remain here as long as Katsuki allowed it, giving him time to settle down and process. He wiped away the falling tears once more, his small smile gentle and soft.

As the prince moved, Kiri allowed his one wrist to fall to his side. He gazed intensely at Katsuki, only to breathe out a small sigh of relief, his eyes matching, and reading 'Thank you'. He was grateful Katsuki wasn't fighting against this. And he knew this was taking its toll already on the prince.

He looked so worn and tired. Well, on the bright side, he might sleep well for the rest of the night after all of this. He knew he himself would. The tiredness was starting to kick in, though only slightly. He gave a slow nod as Katsuki finally spoke, allowing his wrist to be held. He blinked as it was tugged, but didn't resist and started to slowly follow behind. He gave a quiet chuckle, tilting his head.

"You're so right about that, actually. I have no idea where I'm going from here.. I haven't been shown the castle yet." He admitted, his eyes trained on the back of the blond's head, before slowly looking around at their surroundings. He gave a quiet snort, smiling a little more. "And I am not a dumbass! Not all the time at least.."

Without really thinking about it, Kiri reached up with his free hand to gently touch where his face was welted and already bruising. He winced silently, frowning a little. Damn did Bakugo have a hard-ass head. He fumbled slightly, taking the fingertip of his index finger into his mouth, and went ahead and peeled the glove off his hand, letting it dangle in his mouth for a moment as they walked along.

Bakugo rolled his eyes, having enough energy for that even as his body slumped in exhaustion. "No, you're not. But I'm still gonna call you one. Get used to it." He wasn't even rely paying attention to what he was saying or anything about his surroundings. He knew where the washroom was by heart and his feet took him there without him having to really think about it.

When they had rounded a corner, he looked back, forward, and then a double take. "What. What are you doing?" He paused in his steps, looking back as Kiri tugged off his glove. They were almost there. He once again reached up with a hand and felt Kirishima's face, this time going for his nose. "Oh, fuck. I thought I might have broke it." He breathed a sigh of relief and let a slightly defeated expression take over his features. "For the record...I didn't know it was you." His frown deepened as his face went from defeated to self-scolding. And then he was tugging on Kiri again. "It's right up here."

He opened the door and dropped Eijiro's hand, moving more into the room and immediately going to a water basin to dunk his face in. He actually stayed like that, not coming up for air, for a concerning amount of time before he lifted his head and let the water drip all over him. He dunked his hands and then reached up to scrub his face for the hundredth time that night. When he ruffled the droplets from his hair, he blinked and looked around, before finding that Kirishima had his circlet. The Queen would kill him twice over losing that.

He gave a closed mouth grunt at Bakugo's 'get used to it', and he'd stick his tongue out at him if he weren't currently taking off his glove and trying to feel his face. Ruby eyes blinked innocently as they stopped, looking a bit curious as to why they did, only for him to gently flinch out of Katsuki's surprise touch. He went a little crosseyed as his nose was felt. He looked a little confused until Katsuki spoke and his eyes blinked rapidly. Was his nose crooked?! Was it actually broken??! He made a soft noise and reached up to feel his own nose, scrunching it up and sneezing from all the touching. Nope. Not broken. "No? Why'd you think that?"

"Why'd you ask me what?" he muffled around his glove as if he'd forgotten it was there. "Hn?" He frowned, quick to reach up and grab the glove away, smacking his mouth silently and screwing his face up at the taste of the cloth, blood and whatever else was on his glove remained on his tongue. He looked kind of stupid doing it. It took him a moment to recollect himself. " 'Tsuki, It's okay. I'd pummel someone for sneaking up behind me too. It's instinct. Don't beat yourself up over it too much. I can take a beating, trust me." He flipped his wrist around to hold Baku's wrist as well, letting him guide him to where they were headed.

Once in the washroom, he peeled his other glove off, putting them in his pocket as he waited to use the basin. He watched, almost ready to yank the other back for almost drowning himself, but the blond seemed to sense his outstretched hand and popped back up. He gave a curse, scowling.
"Are you trying to get yourself 6 feet in the ground?" He asked, somewhat teasing. "C'mon, don't scare me like that, dude. I've had enough scares tonight."
Kiri moved to stand on the opposite end of the basin, raising an eyebrow up at him as he seemed to look around for something. But Kiri wasn't too focused on that. No, he focused on the water droplets, dripping from his hair and down his face. From his eyelashes and down the smeared blood that covered his cheeks. He clenched his jaw shut, admiring the prince with a faint flush of his cheeks until he realized just how long and hard he had been staring.

Kiri was quick to avert his eyes, now reaching down into the water basin, splashing the water onto his face with cupped palms, the necklace that still hung around his neck hanging down as he was bent over. It reflected the water, shining with the glimmer. He scrubbed gently where he assumed there to be blood, careful of the bruises on his jaw and on the side of his face and cheek. The circlet crown dangled off his hip, skewered by his sword still and swaying side to side with every movement Kiri made.

Last edited:
Bakugo didn't answer any of Kirishima's questions or comment on his words right away, instead reaching towards a pile of fresh towels and taking one to shove in his face. He scrubbed vigorously because he isn't capable of doing much of anything without some sort of aggressive hint behind it. When he was done, he lowered the towel only enough to show his eyes. He mumbled into it, "I headbutted you pretty hard. I felt that shit. Wouldn't have been surprised if I broke your nose." He paused. "It's. A little hard not to feel bad about it."

He picked up a new towel and tossed it over Kirishima's head, taking the Knight by his shoulders and turning him. He reached up for the towel and used it to ruffle up the parts of Kiri's hair that had gotten wet from washing his face. And then he removed the towel from his head completely and started to pat Ei's face dry, his eyes distant. He needed something to do, anything really, to keep himself from thinking too hard about the turmoil of the night. He body was starting to ache more fully now and he tried to push it to the back of his mind.

As he was lowering the towel from Kirishima's face, he reached up with a hand and tilted the Knight's chin from side to side, inspecting the damage he'd done. "You know, I'd be kind of proud of this if it were intentional. You look like you're hard to land a hit on, from what I've seen." He muttered mostly to himself. When he went to lower his hand again, opening his mouth to say something else, he flinched and the only sound that left him was a startled hiss.

He dropped the towel and went to grasp his injured hand. With a wince, he used one finger to slide it off from the wrist and then toss it on the floor with the towel, because he honestly didn't care that much about his belongings and for some reason he hadn't taken his gloves off earlier (his brain wasn't working, could anyone blame him?). He flexed his hand, frowning at the blood staining the bandages from underneathe. He used his other hand to encircle his wrist and looked up at Kirishima with as sheepish a look he could manage. "In my defense, I tried really hard not to punch anyone tonight."

Kiri glanced up as the prince mumbled to him, hands pausing in front of his mouth as he splashed more water onto his face and let the water drip. It felt cool on his ever-warm skin. And very refreshing after tonight. It would help keep him up too, the shock of the cold water hitting his face. He still had a long night of watching to do after all. He was starting to think about how tedious this was. Not that the prince was hard to watch. And he necessarily didn't have to watch him 24/7, as they had told him. That was nearly impossible. They would both need time to shower or sleep. He trusts Kats enough right now not to slip off, but he himself couldn't trust others. He was starting to worry about others sneaking in. Shinso practically gave him a heart attack today. He just couldn't afford to slip up, fall asleep, or leave the other side. Not without fearing the worst right now. Especially with his new orders. If the public wasn't happy with him then...who knows who would want his head. He wouldn't risk it, so from now on, he'd be sure to be on high alert. For Katsuki's sake.

"Eh. Even if you had, I know you didn't mean it to be malicious on purpose. Y'were panicking and I just kinda grabbed you. You can feel bad about it, but I'm not taking it to heart, pft. I'm just glad Shinso got his ass beat to be honest with you." He paused, shutting up as the towel was thrown over his head, temporarily impairing his vision, and then turned. It threw him off a little until he realized what was happening as the towel ruffled hair, messing up his bangs and straining his ponytail. He had closed his eyes and kept them closed while Katsuki patted his face. He cracked open an eye, staring at him and catching the glint in his eyes. A glint that said he wasn't really all there. So, Kiri just accepted it silently, allowed it to happen. It was actually pretty sweet that he was doing this. He didn't expect him to, and it was kind of...well..not really relaxing but...then again it kind was?
Kiri did not resist to his head being tilted side to side, and rather followed along with it, willing his head to move with Katsuki's movements.

He couldn't help the whisper of a chuckle, eyes squinting up. "Be proud of it, intentional or not! Oi! You can fight Kats. I wouldn't mind a spar one day between us. Maybe you can see if that's true." He grinned. Kiri was trying to lift the atmosphere around them, get Katsuki to joking or doing his usual scowl, something. Though that stopped the moment Kats hissed and ripped off the glove --as if his life depended on o it, only for Ei to frown deeply, his eyes darkening as he stared at the bloodied bandages on his hand. Sonuvabitch. He glowered directly at the hand, glanced up to the prince, and then back to his hand. Slowly, the red-head moved over to him, gently taking his injured hand into his own. He sighed in agitation through his nose, staring at the sheepish look. Okay. That was pretty cute, but he couldn't focus on that right now. "Not angry at you. "he grumbled, sighing as he looked around. There had to be medical supplies in here somewhere. Bandages at least. He felt stupid! He should've checked his hand the moment they'd calmed down! It had completely slipped his mind and now he realized something else. He'd broken the tiny promise he had made earlier tonight. Great. That'd do a number on his dragon side. He shook it away and focused on just Katsuki. "I'm beating his ass. I mean it. I meant what I said in the banquet, and I mean it now, " came the gruff growl. "He wants to start fights with every damn body, then fine. Ah, don't. Don't flex your hand, I have to remove the stitches. I don't really have time for that right now....fuck.. your mom's gonna be questioning. Okay.."

He muttered out loud, before grabbing the towel from the floor, and slowly took off the soaked bandages from Katsuki's hand. "Don't move." He hissed, wincing at the sight of the hand. "Let's make this quick so I can restitch you." He scowled more, starting to tightly wrap his hand with the towel. He hated seeing the prince injured. It shook him to the core. He tightly tied it, and stared down at the messily wrapped towel with a look of disdain.
"Does it hurt?" He sighs gently, closing his eyes for a moment only to open them and gently hold Katsuki's good hand. "C'mon... they're waiting.." He mumbled, even though now he'd rather take care of that hand than go confront the Queen.

Last edited:
At Kirishima's declaration of beating Shinso's ass, he couldnt hold back a snort, and though he tried to stop it, a small smile broke the weary set of his mouth. "I'd hate to be that guy right now." His mouth did twitch a little back into his frown when Kiri touched his hand, but that was it. He relaxed his fingers, trying to hide the fact that having loose stitches was actually so fucking uncomfortable. His hand had ached dully all night, and he hadn't even felt it when he was hitting Shinso. But now it was like fire pulsing through his palm and it was hard to ignore.

He'd never admit that though, and instead shrugged, watching as Kiri finished wrapping it and then asked him if it hurt. "I don't even feel it." It was a dumb lie because why would he be flinching and hissing and frowning if he didn't feel it, but it was an automatic response. Another one of his lessons in not showing weakness. Though that seemed a little silly now, as he'd already screamed and cried in Kirishima's arms...ugh. That's right, he was ignoring that.

When Eijiro took him by the other hand, he gave a reassuring squeeze and tugged him towards the door, not even bothering to look back at his mess or to pick up his glove. He didn't care. "Um." He started as they went down one of his shortcuts. He walked ahead of Kiri and kept his face forward, avoiding all eye contact as he did when he was nervous or upset. "I, uh." He allowed them to walk a little further before he abruptly stopped and turned to face Kiri.

His expression was murder again, a familiar thing. That embarrassment murder he often wore when looking at his Knight. "I'm not good at, like, saying things." His eyes darted around before he finally made eye contact again. "But, uh. Thanks. Or whatever. For," He made a vague gesture, "that. Earlier. I." He scoffed, a giant pause following his words. "You're..." He sighed, his eyes looking away like he was trying to work something out in his head. As if he finally found it, he reached up to his own cheek and pressed his hand against it. "This thing. It was. Okay. It was, uh...yeah, I don't fucking know what I'm saying, just fucking forget it. Moving on." He tried walking faster, hoping the sooner they were in the throne room, the sooner he could stop thinking about Kirishima's reassuring hands on his face, the way he hadn't wanted them to ever stop touching his face because it felt like they were holding him together. Yeah, he wanted away from those thoughts immediately.

"Yeah well, he better be fuckin' lucky we're both under the queen's roof." He hissed back, grumbling more things under his breath that were more directed to the person who wasn't even there. He sighed heavily through his nose to keep himself in check, keeping his focus on the blond. When he lied, Kiri knew he was lying from the simple way he was reacting to his touch and the way he was hissing and groaning, Kiri arched an eyebrow at him with a knowing look. Though, he didn't try to argue or call him out on it. He figured Katsuki had enough confrontation for the night. Honestly, they both have.

The dragon knight returned the squeeze, unable to help the fact that he felt relaxed to that. His face softened at that and a small smile tugged at his lips, following behind the prince as the distance he would allow. He was kind of lost in his own world as they walked before his attention was caught by Katsuki starting to speak. He blinked at the back of his head curiously. He almost walked into him as the prince stopped all of a sudden, and he had to catch himself. so he wouldn't knock into Bakugo or knock them both over. His head tilted curiously to match his eyes, almost like a bird or a dog would when seeming to question or examine something. He gives a slow nod to show he understood but was a little confused as to what this was about. He gave another squeeze to Bakugo's hand, reassuring the other that it was okay.

His lips pursed in slight confusion to the vagueness, not really comprehending as he stared blankly at Bakugo, like he was just zoned out. He watched him struggle for a moment and wondered for a second if maybe the other had seriously injured his head. Maybe concussion? Hmmm...

And then it clicked as Baku pressed his hand to his ace and Ei's own face lit up like a light bulb. "Oh! Holding your face?" He was dragged forward without an ansswer until he dug his heels into the floor, frowning." 'Tsuki slow down man, I can only walk so fast! ....no, you're fine. Deep breath. One word at a time! You were doing fine!" He gave a smile, tugging the other so he would turn around. "I'm not moving on, that was sweet! I mean..er...well .Yeah. It was sweet of you to say but. Does this mean I can...just?"

He slowly moved his free hand over to cup his face again. "You're okay with this?" Kiri asked gently. "I .. I know you're not really big on touching, you kinda made that pretty obvious here but...it's kinda a habit of my own. A learned one. Touching is just my way of comforting or expressing myself. But like, if it ever bothers you, tell me! ... Please?" He quickly removed his hand, sheepishly looking to the ground. as if realizing his mistakes. "Sorry, we keep stopping. You're right. We should continue.." he huffed, puffing his cheeks some as he looked up to look down the hall.

They were nearing the throne room for sure. Guards were already stationed at a door on the far end, guarding it heavily with unmoving bodies. Kiri swallowed a little and started to walk, this time trying to walk next to the prince rather than behind. He was quick to drop their hand holding to, his hands moving to clasp behind his back. The guards didn't seem to pay any mind. And even if they had, they showed no signs of it.

When Kiri tugged him back to a stop, he allowed it and stared at the space between them as the Knight spoke. His cheeks were getting dangerously warm again as Kiri called him sweet. When the fuck has he ever done anything sweet? He hadn't even been able to complete his statement, he'd turned tail at the idea of coming off as someone who wanted their face to be fucking cradled. He didn't need that. And he didn't, well, he wouldn't want that.

Is what he told himself right before Eijiro's words trailed off a bit and the other was cupping his cheek again. And his body fucking betrayed him then, making his ears burn as he allowed it all to happen. He stared up at Eijiro with less of a shocked face and more of mild surprise frozen on his features, unable to change. Mild surprise and something more innocent there, too, like he was a child again and he didn't have any fears about touching. Wasn't so scared of it, so repulsed by it. Just a child who's face was being held for the first time. To Eijiro's words, he was unable to say anything, and by the time he would have opened his mouth to do that, the Knight was already pulling away with an apology.

He frowned at the loss, his good hand twitching to reach out and make Kiri's hand stay. But he didn't do anything of the sort and instead followed the dragon's line of sight towards the doors. They started walking again silently, Bakugo making note of the way Kiri dropped his hand and righted his posture. He debated whether or not he was capable of holding his own posture and changing his demeanor to that of the one he tried not to stray from in the presence of guards and noble people. But his shoulder blades ached too much to properly straighten out his shoulders, so instead, he set his face into a weary scowl that would scare away the looks he was bound to get.

As they approached, it was when they were still just out of earshot of the guards that Bakugo tilted his head just so, not even really in Kirishima's direction, and said casually, "I'm okay with it." Because he was weak. His face felt cold. Maybe something else. No, he was going with the cold thing. He then placed his hands behind his back and summoned all of his leftover anger to deepen his glower as the guards finally deigned them with a short glance and a nod.

He gave them both a curt nod in return and walked through the doors after having barely waited for the guards to move. Though he hadn't bothered with his posture in front of the guards, there was something about being in the presence of his mother that made his body betray him. He straightened, clenched his teeth against a hiss and lifted his chin. His eyes took in Mitsuki on the throne, staring at the pair with bored eyes, Shinso with two guards posted on either side of him and his eyes set on the floor even as he clearly heard their arrival, and Aizawa standing beside the throne with a look on his face that Bakugo had seen many times. On Mitsuki, too. Sucks to have kids.

"We've been waiting." Mitsuki said dryly.

"Apologies, Mother. I was busy scrubbing the shit from my hands." He sneered at Shinso as if the dragon wasn't already in the least desirable position in the room.

"It's words like that that make me almost want to believe Shinso's little sob story here. Would you like to hear it?"

"Not really."
He wouldn't meet her eyes, instead staring just below them.

"He says you were the one that threw the first punch. Tell me, Katsuki, my brilliant son and heir to the throne, is that true? Did you instigate this fight?"
Her words proceeded to grow more and more clipped and she spoke.

Katsuki stared her down, but did not offer her any words. He would like to say it was on purpose, but the reality of it was that his throat refused to work. He felt like he'd swallowed sand. So all he could do was glare and hope she'd get off his ass about it. And if he was really being honest. He was glaring twice as hard just to block out what he had admitted to Kiri earlier, a wreck of sobs, and what he knew Kiri was going to tell her. He felt sick.

They did have a little showdown for an awkward amount of time before the Queen clicked her tongue and let her eyes rest on Eijiro for the first time since they had entered the room. "And what say you, as his Knight? Could you tell me what actually happened here? Because I am growing impatient with this."

The dragon trained his eyes onto the other guards, nodding his head in quiet greeting as they allowed them through. He was trying to clear his head of thinking about how adorable Katsuki had just been before they approached the door. And the fact that Katsuki had just admitted to touching his face was perfectly fine now. Just knowing that small bit of information made his heart leap into his throat. They were progressing so much faster than he had hoped! It was giving him a sense of hope, tinged with that feeling of butterflies in his stomach. Even the dragon part of him churred.

It almost successfully made its way out of his throat too, had it not been for him tensing his jaw and pressing his tongue firmly to the roof of his mouth. It made his face relax into that of a neutral expression, helping him fight off the urge to just grin like a maniac at the new discovery. It was probably not something he'd be doing all the time, granted, but now he was at ease with the idea of being able to do it when necessary, and not have the prince mad or biting his fingers off. Which, he highly doubt would even happen no matter how many times he threatened it.

Katsuki's shell was hard, but not that hard. There was someone beneath that shell, someone who was screaming to get out. To be free. Just like him. They were similar in so many ways, it was kind of scary. And yet, both equally just as different. With personal issues of their own that had to be worked out with time.

As his thoughts had betrayed him and made him lose track of what he was doing, he ended up behind Katsuki a little ways, eyes catching the tension of his body as they came into the presence of the Queen. Though they tore away as the scent of the other male in the room hit him in the face like a brick. It reeked. It reeked so much his nose crinkled up a little despite all his efforts in trying to suppress it. God the smell of another male dragon was really starting to make him gag. He could just smell the sourness mixed into Shino's already reeking scent.

To the Queen's voice, Ei flickered his eyes back, listening to her voice project around the familiar room as they made their way closer to her. He took a moment to do a proper bow towards her and straightened up with his hands clasped in front of himself now. Eijiro's rage flared up into high flames in his body, flames that he's sure he would've blown out of his mouth if it weren't for his weakened internal inferno not working properly. He's had limited sunlight or basking time since joining the ring, which was hindering his ability to produce the needed flames. He was just glad he got enough sun when fighting to keep his embers warm and keep his body from collapsing. Once a dragon's inferno was smoldered out, that was it. The end of their lives. But that would take a lot of 'no-sun' days. It would just be a very very very slow and quiet death.

Hearing the story Shinso gave the queen made him tighten his hands, hardening his eyes as he stared up at the queen. Insitagting the fight. Bullshit! Ei knew what had happened even if he wasn't there! It was obvious! He waited in prolonged silence, keeping his eyes trained on her royal highness. Once acknowledged, he gave another small bow and nodded. He straightened and took a step forward to speak, taking a breath before he began his large spill of the situation, his dragon's tongue sharp again,

"Yes, your highness,
My apologies but I would beg to differ on the knights' statement of Prince Katsuki instigating. Although Prince Katsuki did throw the first punch from my understanding of what I heard, It's quite the opposite, actually. Starting off with this afternoon, where Shinso promptly kicked the door into the Prince's corridors and woke him suddenly, only to taunt him.

Your highness, I'm not quite sure if noticed the small scuffle your knight Shinso and I almost had moments after the banquet started. This knight dared to question my honor, not even a day after being inducted, tried to tell me that my time here is limited and that I had worked towards nothing to gain a position 'unlike him', in which I told him the only reason he is the rank that he is at the moment, is for the simple fact of his
status in the royal court.

During the same conversation, Shinso here decided it was
HIS place to try and spread the false rumors of the prince about why I was here for the prince in the first place. I told Shinso that I would not listen to his spread of a lie, as a rumor is nothing but that. An exaggeration of the truth, Your Highness.

Shinso did not like what I had to say and proceeded to lunge for me. Prince Katsuki interfered to put a stop to it right as I was lunged at, In which Prince Katsuki proceeded to tell him he would speak later to him about it." He stopped for a moment, taking a second to swallow and wet his drying mouth. He was trying so hard to not let his voice shake in rage as he spoke. "Followed by Prince Katsuki promptly leaving the dinner table this evening, I noticed it was Shinso who approached the Prince, so I could assume it was Shinso wanting to speak about the earlier incident.

I think it's safe to assume Shinso is the actual instigator here, as he was taunting the prince again when I walked up. I personally believe the fight was quite reasonable on the prince's behalf. Your Highness, I'd like to apologize for my next statement, but your knight, Shinso, is recklessly out of control, trying to pick fights with the royal family and their associates all the time. He has instigated all night between the three of us. My main issue with this knight lies past that, though.

I draw a line at him spreading lies of the royal family to just anyone. If he is spilling them to me, his personal guard, who knows who else Shinso has told, nor anything else he has spread to the royal court about your son."

and then another pause.

"One more thing while I have your attention, Queen Mitsuki, if you don't mind that is.." He waited, and then spoke when it was safe to do so, raising his voice to make sure Shinso could hear him loud and clear.

"I would like to speak of the Prince's behalf and clear his name as to what happened that night in which prompted my arrival here in your castle, and END the LIES that your knight, people of the royal court, and the public have been spreading of your son.

I have spoken to the Prince about the situation, and he has sworn all honesty, and I have no doubt in my mind not to believe him. I put my full trust in his words."
He raised his chin up, face remaining neutral as he spoke loudly.

"Your Highness, "
he was getting sick of having to address her so much.

"The actions of your son that night were merely in an act of self-defense against a threat to the royal family. Prince Katsuki states that the man approached him, having recognized him in the street, and began threatening not only his life but yours as well.

Prince Katsuki's act of violence was merely a means of defense, and I believe justifiable in every way, as it was your son trying to not only protect himself but you as well. Prince Katsuki did not 'snap', your highness. He only did what he felt was needed to keep your lives both in good health and out of danger.

I am sure any man of any family would do the same in all his power to protect the ones he loves, even if that means putting his own life on the line. As I told Shinso earlier tonight, Queen Mistuki, I refuse to believe anyone or anything but the prince and his word.

I do not want to spread the falsities that plague other's mouths and bring further distress to that of the royal name. Rumors are merely an exaggeration of truth and falsities. I won't listen to anything that will put the Prince's status or his stability in question. I swore to protect your son, not do further damage to bring dishonor to his name.

That is all, Your Highness."

He finished and gave his third bow of the night to show he was done, and stepped back again to stand next to Katsuki. His hands remained clenched tightly, almost turning white as he held in the bubbling rage. His voice almost shook while speaking all of that. It had been hard. It enraged him. It enraged him that this was even a thing. That he even had to speak out like this for Katuski, because they wouldn't believe him if it came from his own mouth.

Plus, it was ridiculous they were treating him this way!!! It just wasn't right.
His face burned. So did his ears. Hell his whole body was burning! Like someone had just lit the inferno inside of him and it was blazing full heat. Though, he didn't show it. He kept his tongue pressed up. He let his gaze unharden, but he slowly turned his head to stare at Shinso, glaring at the purple-haired man with such rage, it would've probably scared himself.

Ei's own scent burst through the air, letting out pheromones of rage to battle out the reeking scent of the high-status bastard, trying to drown his scent out as much as possible, trying to overpower him again as his dragon let out a guttural growl from the inside. He fucking hated him.

Last edited:
Shinso did not look like he was having a good time. He actually looked like he was having the worst time out of anyone in the room. His scent was sour from distress, bitter from rage. And his expression...well, it was just confused. He looked so utterly lost, so out of touch with himself, with the situation. Like he couldn't grasp the idea that someone had bested him at his own game. That instead of getting in their head, they had gotten in his. And not to mention the fact that his dragon was rolling over, whining in submission, displaying it's fucking belly and hoping that the other dragon in the room would take pity. It was the worst feeling he had ever experienced. So he didn't interrupt Kirishima. His dragon wouldn't let him, even if he wanted to try to say something, to dispute the fucker's claims. So he stayed silent, groveling and at the same time, somehow, seething.

And Mitsuki? Well.

Mitsuki stared at him. She stared at Kirishima the entire time he spoke, not interrupting once. Sure there were moments where she wanted to. More than wanted. But as a Queen who prided herself on remaining collected in pressuring situations such as the one before her, she didn't let a single thing show on her face. Her expression remained the same as it always was: a slight look of judgement with her nose turned up and a glint in her eye that much resembled malice if you wanted to try and decipher it. Kirishima's retelling of the events of the day was of no surprise to her, the boys often scrapped. It sometimes went too far. This wasn't the first time she'd had to set them straight, both of their faces bloody and bruised and their knuckles matching them. But this time was the first that she saw her son before her and he couldn't meet her eyes. He couldn't look back at her with the defiance she knew so well because it was she who had given it to him.

And she knew why the moment Kirishima started to talk about the rumours. About the entire reason any of this had happened. And as she listened, she stared hard at her son's face and tried to judge the truth by his reaction.

Of which he gave none. She was quite honestly impressed at the way he stood tall, chin up, nose high enough to say superiority but not high enough that he was simply looking at the ceiling. She could gather nothing from him. He, too, remained silent as the Knight before them spoke. His eyes were focused like he was staring intently at something, but Mitsuki couldn't tell what it was. It certainly wasn't her. Her stomach dropped a little at the admission from Eijiro about Katsuki's assumed confession, but she found it quite hard to believe. Found it hard to believe not that it was true, but that her son would have told the Guard. Her son didn't tell anyone anything. So when Kirishima started going on about this being some sort of heroic act, she didn't focus her attention on that. She didn't think about that much at all. She narrowed her eyes at the Guard and then set her gaze upon Katsuki once again.

"Is this true, did you tell him this? You will give me a straight answer or I'm going to pretend I didn't hear a word." Because she couldn't chance it. She had to know.

"Queen Mitsuki-"

"Quiet, Shinso."

Katsuki was forced then, to meet her gaze. He did so unflinchingly, but he burned with the effort of it. And even as the hands clasped behind his back clenched and his nails began to dig into the cloth wrapped around his opened stitches, he forced the words out. "Yes." He sounded small. He hated it. He hated it because his mother loved to make him feel small. He hated it because he was reduced to this in front of Shinso. But mostly because she was doing this to him in front of Eijiro. He didn't really know why, but he cared what his Knight thought of him. A new feeling, one he wasn't quite used to.

She made her pause after his answer last a good long while, just to torture him, before she finally stood from her seat abruptly and motioned to him with a flick of her wrist. "I love how well we communicate, dear." She did not at all seem pleased with the idea that her son had gone and soiled his name, in defense of her life or not. "I love when you tell me things. I love that you always come to me about the important stuff. That I'm always kept up to date on the finer details of my son's life, things that a mother, especially a mother who is Queen to a Nation, should know. I just value the closeness of our relationship so much."

The sarcasm in her voice was so heavy that Bakugo had to will himself not to take a step back or take a step forward. His stomach churned still, but less with that unidentifiable anxious feeling and more now with annoyance that was quickly turning to rage. And she knew it too. Knew how to push all his buttons.

"Your Highness, if I may, I would like to dispute Kirishima's claim-"

"Shota, get your brat out of here, I've lost all patience for him."
She snapped, waving her arm in the dragon's general direction. "If he speaks out of turn again, I'm afraid I'll be losing my temper. Punish him, don't make me waste anymore of my time. If we end up in this room again, I'll punish him myself, and I know you don't want that." Her words were a serpent sent straight into Aizawa's soul as the Queen glared at her advisor, not even paying Shinso a glance. It was hard for Bakugo not to snort at this small win on his part.

"Yes, my Queen," Aizawa muttered as if her threats were of no concern to him, but Bakugo could see the stress present on his face in the simple line of his mouth, lips pressed firmly together. Aizawa gripped Shinso by one arm, shooing away the guards around him, and started to whisper vehemently to him as they both took their leave. Shinso, at least, looked thoroughly scolded.

She stood there up near the throne for quite some time as the only noise in the room became the retreating footsteps of the leaving pair. Her back was turned and she seemed to be thinking. But when she turned back to the Knight and his charge, her face was neutral in her own way. That scowl Katsuki had inherited from her ever-present. "Thank you for doing your job, Sir Kirishima. And doing it well, it seems. Though don't be too concerned about my son, for all his moaning and groaning, he's usually the cause of his own problems, I assure you of that. I appreciate you bringing me this information. It will be..." She trailed off and then scoffed, waving her hand around erratically, "I do not know how this is going to play out. It doesn't really matter why my son did what he did, since the rumors have already been spread and people are already twisting it into a million different lies. But," She sighed, looking tired now, "I'd like to think we can try and make my son look like less of a monster. His birthday is soon." She glanced at Katsuki when she saw movement, his eyes glinting with surprise. "Yes, I remembered. The whole kingdom fucking remembers, it's a holiday." She scoffed again, harsher. "Of course, we'll have to have the usual precautions, but..."

At the mention of 'usual precautions', Kats' breath audibly caught, but he swallowed and clenched his jaw, hoping his reaction would go unnoticed. He hadn't really wanted to think about his birthday until it was a little closer, fuck. It just. It was never a good day. It was always about everyone else. And above that, it was always about what could happen. He refused to let his brain go down that path, however, as he fought for his expression to remain neutral instead of laced with anxiety like it was becoming. His heart was beginning to pound again, despite himself.

"Well," She shook her head to clear her thoughts and jerked her chin at them, "those are worries for another night. Go fix him up, I saw that hand. He's so careless, I swear. And make him take a bath, I can't have him parading around like he's been wallowing in the courtyard with the children. You're both dismissed. Do not require my presence again tonight."

And like that, Bakugo was reaching for Kirishima's shoulder and tugging so they could leave right that very minute, he wanted to leave now. Nothing else was of any importance. He let go of Kiri as soon as he'd turned the Knight towards the exit and gave a simple distracted nod to his mother as she turned away from them. "Night." He didn't care if she heard him, the word coming out as a mutter. He was too busy briskly walking towards the door that would lead them to the hall that would lead them to the outdoors and fresh air. The cold wind, the stars. He wanted out of the suffocation of the throne room. He wanted away from the piercing gaze of his mother, from the inquiring ones of the guards, from the shadow of his Kingdom's sigil watching him on the way out. He wanted to be anything but who he was, in that moment.

Last edited:
Kiri's own dragon was disgusted with the overwhelmingly sour smell and the way the other submitted so easily. And yet it was also pleasing to the dragon of his submission. Kiri was prideful about it even though he felt a little off with it. He'd never really reacted this way or had forced another dragon into submission before. And they hadn't even presented yet. It made him wonder if this would play a part in what he would present as later on, but those thoughts were quick to dissipate as he caught one look at the Queen. He swallowed, shoulders tensing. Shit. Had he said something wrong? The look she had given him the whole time he spoke was hard to decipher, but now he knew where Katsuki got it from. That same look was the one Katsuki gave others in every situation. It made his stomach churn, it was pitiful. Pitiful that they were trying to make an emotionless person out of a child. Things were so much different here from his home.

It gave another pang of homesickness as he evaluated the differences between their people. It was so hard not to think about it, not when it was so blatantly thrown in his face right now.
Kiri's hands tightened behind his back as he clenched his jaws, forcing his face to remain neutral. It was harder than Katuski made it look to be. The silence she gave was deafening, almost making his ears ring. When she finally spoke his heart almost stopped. What?! How much more heartless of a question and statement could she give. He side-eyed Katsuki briefly for his reaction, but couldn't quite decipher one. So his eyes went back to the queen, studying her. He almost let out a hiss to Shinso speaking, cutting him a look with the slightest jerk of his chin in his direction.

Eijiro froze. He froze as the Queen spoke, his heart dipping into the pit of his stomach and his blood running cold as she spoke with such sarcasm and mockery. His lips parted in disbelief before he was quick to catch himself. His face hardened at that, not agreeing with how she was handling this situation at all. He forced that neutral look again, trying to maintain it. He couldn't show that he disagreed entirely with her reaction. Though he was pleased with how she addressed Aizawa and Shinso as Shinso spoke up again. There was no fixing his mistakes. He knew it. Why even bother when he knew he had lost? He scoffed to himself, listening silently as they retreated, his head shaking slightly. Bastard better be lucky he was getting escorted now and not leaving when they were. Eijiro would've taken him out to the garden straight away....after fixing up Katsuki, of course.

Now he stared to the back of the Queen and allowed his eyes to narrow hastily. His hands tightened more, almost turning white from how hard he gripped them. The rage he had felt with Shinso was coiling tighter and tighter as the Queen spoke and scoffed. Her thanks meant nothing to him right now. He wasn't sure why it was pissing him off so much! He wasn't an angry person! His dragon was just all over the place with this and it was starting to piss him off even more-. LESS OF A MONSTER?! No! Katsuki was in no shape or FORM a monster. The only monster here in this room was him! He was a fucking dragon for crying out loud! Not that they knew that though. Eijiro gritted his teeth, moving a hand to tightly grip the hilt of his sword to keep himself grounded and from stepping any boundaries. That information would definitely do something! If it came from the queen's mouth, they'd believe it! They would have to! ....Right?

He sighed through his nose, perking up at the mention of Katsuki's birthday. With wide eyes, he turned his head to stare at the prince, sensing the sudden tension in the room. Out of habit, Kiri inhaled again to try and pick up a scent, only to curse himself mentally. There was no scent to search for, not really, not the ones he was searching for. He could smell the distress on the prince like most animals could, but that was about it. The queen's scent was just. Perfume. Heavily doused in perfume that made his head swim. The fleeting scent of Shinso and Aizawa too, along with the guard. Their scents all hit him with that inhale and he almost let out a cough. Shinso fucking reeked.

Eijiro snapped back to himself, stopping himself from reaching out to comfort the prince; he didn't like that look on his face or the way his scent was starting to make himself anxious. Kiri shifted where he stood, and his hands remained where they were. He willed himself to turn back to Mitsuki, nodding silently. Precautions? What did she mean? And why did the mention of his birthday bring Kats so much dread? A birthday should be happy! Fun! Enjoyed. He frowned, chewing on the inside of his cheek as he thought to himself for a moment. He'd have to ask about that... it was really concerning. Though as she mentioned his hand and a bath, he jumped in his skin. Right. Of course, she took notice and of course, she was criticizing him. She never gave him a break, did she? She was CONSTANTLY on Kats's ass! No wonder Kats acted the way he did. . . .

Just as he was about to begrudgingly bow and address the Queen, Katsuki forced him to move. He didn't resist as he was quite pleased that the prince had interrupted his attempt, the anger within him was just building. Kirishima gave one last look to the queen over his shoulder only to quickly catch up to Katuski, tailing him. The anger boiling within was reaching i's peak as he walked, taking in the posture and body language of Katsuki, and feeling the eyes of the queen on his back. He came up behind him once they were in the hallway and the doors to the throne room were slammed shut behind him by the retreating guards. Kiri flinched to the sound, whipping around to glare at the door. He finally unclenched his hands and made a weird gesture with his hand, spouting out quiet curses in his native tongue; his accent thick. He was beyond his breaking point with all of this tonight. The door slam is what ultimately set him off. This was insane! With a shake of his head, he huffed and turned to continue following the prince, his face set in a deep frown and look of anger.

"Kats..." He started, reaching out for the other's shoulder finally once he gave himself a few moments to try and calm himself down before he attempted on Katsuki. His facial features softened for the sake of the other, looking sympathetic. After tonight, so much made sense to him about Katuski. It was eye-opening and pretty evident. This place was nothing like how he had grown up in. And it was all Katsuki had ever known.

It pained him.

Last edited:
Katsuki stalled at the touch to his shoulder but stiffened as he refused to turn and look Kiri in the eye at first. He flexed his hands, hissing at himself in annoyance when he once again pulled at his stitches. He tried not to sound too distressed when he spoke, but his words ended up coming out snappy, "It's fine, it's. Just. It's fine. It's fine." He said the words over and over again, moving to walk again with a harsh sigh through his nose, teeth clenched. He cradled his injured hand in his other and his steps were hurried like he was trying his hardest to just make it out of the hall, to just be able to breathe again. But that wasn't working. Even as he sped ahead and opened one of the doors leading to the outside corridor once again, he stepped one foot outside, saw the spot where he and Shinso had fought, and immediately backpedaled so he crashed into Kiri. But he wasn't thinking about that. He careened forward again and caught himself on the wall just quick enough so that when he started puking his guts out, it didn't get on either of them.

He shuddered and coughed, reaching up to wipe at his mouth and let out a strangled sound as he leaned back against the wall fully, a wild look in his eyes. He thought he had calmed down, but...but...

He doubled over and puked again. His mind was racing. It was his mom, his fucking mom with her judgment and her just. Her complete disregard that he had. He had-

and then, there was seeing the blood still on the ground in front of them, feeling the rough spots against his face as he wiped his mouth from where he had split open his knuckles. It was just. Everything. Everything was crashing down on him again once no one but Ei was around to see it happen now.

His mind pushed away the pressing thoughts of Shinso and Mitsuki's would-be assassin as his stomach once again tried to empty its contents, but simply left him gagging on nothing. He shuddered again, sniffing as he swallowed on a now sore throat. His birthday. His birthday was coming up. It was only a few weeks away... He didn't know if he was going to be able to handle it, not this year. Not the constant looking over his shoulder, being wary of anyone and everyone. Not being able to stand any little movement in the room and there being, just...thousands of people. Thousands of them! Sure he was never in the same room as quite that many, but they would always show up outside the castle walls, they'd have parties of their own. They'd make banners for him and bake cakes and they'd worship the fucking ground he walked on and they'd pray. Okay maybe that was going a little far, but some of them would, he knew that. Some of them prayed. But maybe not this year. Maybe any one of them could be out to kill him this year since he was a fucking murderer now- He choked on air as his hands slid against the rough texture of the wall. He needed to think about something else. He needed to be grounded.

With a faint whine that most ears wouldn't even hear, a sound that was completely un-Katsuki like, he pushed himself off the wall and stepped towards Kiri once again. He reached out and grabbed for his hands, like he was a man on a mission, and slapped them on his face. And then he just glared at the space between them, eyes once again glassy with tears but this time he was successfully holding them back. He just stood there and pressed Kiri's hands into his cheeks until it looked like it might start to hurt and then he made another distressed and frustrated noise, eyes flitting every which way like a madman, and let go of Kiri to step back. His eyes went wide as he breathed and he ran an anxious hand through his hair. "Fuck. Fuck. Fuck!" He stepped forward again and repeated the same action, this time squeezing Kiri's hands slightly with his own as he did so. He frowned deeply, not meeting his Knight's eyes. "Can't it just-can't you. Can't you just." He was starting to hyperventilate again and his words mixed together until he was saying gibberish and then, another frustrated noise ground out in the back of his throat that lead into another almost inaudible whine, "Can't you just do that thing to make me feel better? Can you do that? Do that please." He sounded so fucking pathetic and knew it and he hated it, but he was seriously losing his mind, taking control of Kiri's hands again and slapping them weakly against his cheeks. He didn't know what the fuck he was expecting, but he had felt so much better earlier and earlier Kiri had been doing this so he could only conclude that the two were somehow linked, right? Fucking right?

Last edited:
Everything happened all at once, happening so quickly, Kiri could barely register the next few moments.

Ruby red eyes went wide as the prince shrugged him off, his hand drawing away as he gave a nervous swallow. The snappy tone of Katsuki made Kiri step back a little, shrinking a little in himself. "Are you sur-." he cut off, seeming winded. The distress seeping off the other was starting to overwhelm his senses, his own heartbeat starting to pick up. His own body was starting to replicate the anxiety being shown, his own gut-churning. But watching the way Katsuki was going about in trying to escape the hall, it was like watching a wild animal scurry around in fight or flight. And his hand, Kiri could smell the blood from here with how much he was messing with those stitches.

If he didn't get that handled ASAP, the other would for sure get an infection. He'd already have a nasty scar now, he didn't need him losing his whole hand. Kiri cleared his head briefly, getting himself to calm down once more. He put his hands down to his sides and hurriedly tried to follow after the blond, concern filling his senses and facial expression. "Kats...." he called again, his voice echoing in the hall as they walked.

It took him by surprise when the prince ran into him in reverse, his face looking puzzled until he stared to the floor in front of them. The blood on the floor. The knight letting out a winded grunt of an 'oof!', stumbling. He caught himself and managed to reach out to put his hands on Kats's arms, only for the blond to rip away from him. The other was starting to hyperventilate. And it was scaring him. The other was being reckless right now! He was going to end up hurting himself. To that, Eijiro's eyes flitted down to the sword resting at the blond's hip. As long as that weapon wasn't drawn, he was safe. They both were safe. Maybe he oughta take it.

Kiri took a few steps forward, moving to do so.

The next scene wasn't pretty in the slightest. Not even Kiri saw it coming as the other puked what little food he had eaten today onto the floor below. And seeing just how much he threw up, or actually how little, it made Eijiro realize something he should've realized sooner, his face going pale. He felt a sharp pang of guilt now, his body locking up as he shamefully stared after the prince. He hadn't eaten today. Not a bite, besides that little bit he ate when they raided the kitchen, but that had been way too long ago now. Fuck, what kind of caregiver was he if he didn't even make sure the prince ate properly! He had been too preoccupied with feeding himself like the selfish animal he was! Helplessly, he watched as the prince puke, before letting his feet swiftly carry him the rest of the way over to try and steady him "Easy Kats!" he gasped, keeping a safe distance between them as he just kept puking.

This last time though, nothing but bile. That made Kiri sick to his own stomach; he made a mental note to make the prince eat once they got to the bedroom. They still had stale food leftover from breakfast, but it was better than nothing. The sound of the prince choking on the air brought him back from his mental note and he cringed at the look of fear and pain etched onto Katsuki's face. It made the dragon part of him whine lowly, becoming just as concerned. The urge to just gather Kats into his arms and scent the fuck out of him came to mind. His body twitching in place as he forced himself to remain still.

He didn't want to scare the other more, but he had to do something! He couldn't just stand here and watch him suffer. It was aching his heart! Kirishima's sharp teeth planted themselves on his inner cheek, gnawing hard enough to start ripping the inner skin of his cheek off in small pieces. A nervous habit. One he didn't even realize he was doing until he could feel the raw tissue underneath with his tongue as he pressed it into his cheek habitually.

Ei completely stopped in his motives though as the low-pitched whine reached his trained dragon ears, his body tensing as his eyes went wide in shock. That came from Katsuki?! His heart was absolutely shattering now. Katsuki didn't whine! Even Ei knew that from his short time with him. He was too prideful. He really was hurting. Ei couldn't help but return it in uneasiness, shifting on his feet as he grew wary, just wanting to gather Kats again weighing heavily on his mind. Kiri stayed still though as Kats suddenly pushed off the wall and made his way towards him. Shit shit shit, was he going to run? Tell him to get lost? Tell him to let him be? No. Even if he demanded it, Kiri knew better. He'd stay right fucking here and-!

As his hands met skin after Katuski promptly grabbed his hands and held them to his face, Eijsut stared. What did he want from him? Hold his face? caress him? Just let him do his own thing and let the prince do what he pleased to his hands? It was hard to tell with him glowering down at the ground and the tears brimming his crimson eyes. Fuck, he didn't want to see him cry anymore, and he wanted him to stop making those fucking whines!!! It was heartbreaking!

"Katsuki..?" He breathed out softly, attempting to move his hand up, only to fail miserably as Katsuki veered away in frustration. What the hell was going on?! Was he actually losing his mind? Fuck. Panic of his own was settling in, making his breath feel heavier, the pain in his chest webbing out into his body. This was so painful to just idly watch.
"Hey, Hey Katsuki, Hey, look at me, "Kiri finally managed with a tight throat. His words were forced out, trying to remain calm. Then Kats repeated the motion after cursing and Eijiro this time tried squeezing his hands into his skin, trying to coax him to relax. "I don't know what you want from me, Kats. Words. Use your words. Do you want me to hold your face? "

He tried quickly to get an answer out. He was only met with fast-paced taking and gibberish, in which Kiri tried to shush out quietly, telling him to take his time and to relax."Breathe, Katsuki. Just breathe. Focus on my voice." It shook as he spoke, unable to help the crack in his voice to seeing the hyperventilation of the prince right in front of him. Fuck, why couldn't he relax? What was scaring him so bad for him to just...snap!? To the third whine, Ei's heart stopped for what felt like the 10th time. But Katsuki's words were loud and clear to him. He vigorously nodded his head, allowing his hands to be lifted, only for him to try and snatch them away as Katsuki started to slap himself with them "Hey hey hey! No, don't, Kats shh.. Stop....stop..It's okay.. It's okay I promise."

Kiri removed his hands from Katsuki's grasp only to re-place them against his cheeks in a gentle yet firm touch. His thumbs caressed the skin underneath his pads, reaching up to swipe at his eyes to unclog his vision of tears. "Shhhh sh sh sh....It's okay. I'm here. I'm right here. Focus on breathing, okay? You're alright. You're safe. Everything will be okay, I promise. Nothing is going to happen, you're right here with me." His voice was mumbled, low, and comforting as he finally was able to try and calm the prince. He felt better knowing he was right here in front of him, his earlier anxieties and fear subsiding. But the pain he was feeling for the other, remained strong.

Kirishima gently cupped his face, forcing his face up to look at him. He gently moved in closer, placing his forehead against Katsuki's ruby eyes attempting to meet crimson.

"I'm here, 'm not going anywhere," he mumbled again, his breath ruffling the tiny bit of bangs that hung in Kats's face. He took a moment to swallow, his mouth collecting full of saliva from his worriedness. And then, Kiri moved one hand to behind Katsuki's head, burying it into his blond locks and moving his head forward so it rested against his shoulder. His other hand remained on one of his cheeks, thump still caressing his tear-stained cheek. Kiri moved his own head to rest over Kat's shoulder, staring at the end of the hall in front of them.

Inhaling, he did something he didn't think he'd have to do ever again. He closed his eyes, releasing the slightest bit of a calming scent from his scent gland as he exhaled, honing in on Katsuki specifically. It wouldn't really have an identifiable scent to Katsuki's nose, as Katsuki wouldn't be able to pick up on it, but his body sure as hell would, at least a tiny bit. And even if he did, the scent would only be slightly scented. Like...like maybe his own scent but just softer and warmer.

It wouldn't affect Katsuki as a human as it normally would if he were an actual dragon. Anyone could be affected by a dragon's scent if the dragon willed it to happen. It was all just...kind of a second instinct, after some practice of course. The only downfall was that it was a lot weaker for humans to pick up on, physically. And Humans couldn't return it. That was another one, a tragic one. Kiri pushed the thoughts away for now, as he could dwell on it later. Right now all that mattered was that he calm the prince down before one of them, or both, ended up hurt. "You're safe, Katsuki. Focus. Just focus on my voice." He kept his gentle talking going, encouraging him to ground himself with his presence.

Kats locked up. Not in a bad way, necessarily. But as soon as Kiri had jerked away from him and then set his hands on his face once again, much gentler, he paused. Some sort of expectation churning in his gut as his eyelashes fluttered slightly to the contact. His lips remained parted as he attempted to suck in his rapid breaths, but all the air left him in a rush as Kiri started to speak to him, wiping the unshed tears from his eyes.

He couldn't help the shudder that left him when Kiri slowly brought their faces together, and he gave an involuntary inhale, closing his eyes and leaning forward to meet him. It was like his body wasn't his own, is what he could probably tell himself. Because there was no way in hell he'd ever admit to simply wanting the contact between them. Never in a million fucking years.

At Kirishima's continued murmuring, he could feel his breathing start to even out, but his heartbeat stayed pumping loudly and his hands still shook. He reached up to snatch at Kiri's sleeves and hold the fabric between his fingers, clutching tightly as he attempted to orient himself once again. He felt Kirishima's breath on his face as the other spoke, felt the tickle of his hair as it was moved. He focused on the words, on the warmth of Ei's skin against his own. He slowly opened his eyes and met his Knight's gaze as he spoke and the look on his face said that he was both far away and listening intently at the same time, like he was still unsure of what was happening but he wasn't willing to make it stop. His expression morphed into the most genuine display of emotion that it had all night, not a crying face or an angry one or a sneer or anything, just searching eyes and a pained frown. The face of someone finally crumbling. But then it relaxed, his eyes drooped a little, and his frown evened out. He could be okay. Like this, he could be okay. He was overwhelmed with the feeling of safety, but more so than that, a feeling that said 'this, this, this' over and over in his head like a mantra. And he didn't know what it meant, what it was trying to tell him. He could only decipher that whatever the fuck was going on with his Knight was somehow his only source of stability and he was clinging to it like a child.

The hand on the back of his head startled him and he jerked before relaxing and allowing his head to be moved to Eijiro's shoulder. His eyes had snapped wide at the contact and he stared at the ground momentarily over Ei's shoulder before his eyes slowly started to close again. This was fine. This was okay. He was glad that he hadn't taken both hands from his face. There was something about the contact there specifically that helped and he wasn't sure why. He hated his face being touched. His mind whirled as he tried to sort through all of these new confusing discoveries.

What...? Focus on his voice? Yeah, he could do that. He'd do whatever the fuck Ei wanted as long as he got to stay like this, as long as the panic stayed at bay. And that was probably a scary thought. Or it would be, if he could find it in himself to care at the moment. The idea that someone he had only just met was already holding this power over him...but all he could find it in himself to do was bury himself further, seeking out something. He didn't know what it was, but he needed it like he needed water, like he needed to fucking sleep. So he didn't think about what he was doing when he moved his head so his nose brushed up along Kirishima's neck, forming a path to settle beneathe his ear, pressing as close as he could and not cause discomfort for either of them. He couldn't place it but what he wanted was right there, right in front of his nose. That's all he knew. So once he stuffed his nose where he wanted it, he inhaled deeply, almost like it was instinct, and immediately began to relax.

Kats wouldn't be able to say why it was that he was suddenly feeling so much better, so much calmer. He wasn't really in the headspace to care about the whys anyhow. He slowly let his hands raise from where they were still grasping Eijiro's sleeves, not even realizing he was doing it, and slowly trailed them up until he was hugging Kirishima firmly around the shoulders and almost suffocating himself with how close he was trying to get. And he did that for a good while. Tried to get closer, closer. And then he reached a point, finally, where he was satisfied with the lack of space between them and let out a heavy sigh, relaxing fully. His mind blanked out. It was like every worry he had was no longer allowed to bother him and all he could focus on was the something he was feeling. His whole body went lax and he went completely quiet, his breathing going deep, like he might be sleeping. But he wasn't sleeping. It wasn't like he couldn't have willingly just passed out right there in Eijiro's arms, feeling suddenly so comfortable and secure, but...

And then like he was suddenly aware of what he was doing, he jerked a little, body going tense. But then he slowly relaxed again and released his grip on Kiri. It was only after his breathing had calmed completely that he started to untangle himself. He slowly lifted his head, backing away and creating space between them, but not too much.

When he raised his eyes to meet Kirishima's, they were far away. Not like they usually were, however, lost to some bad memory or thought. This was different. It was like for once his thoughts weren't allowed to race and all he had to focus on was how exhausted he was and how much he just wanted to...He reached for Kiri's hands again and brought them to his face once more, an experiment. It wasn't the same when he was doing it. He dropped the Knight's hands and then simply reached up to cup his own cheeks, pushing them so that it looked like he was pouting. But that too proved unfruitful, so he let his hands fall with a sigh. "How do you do that? Make me feel better? Are you..." He lifted his hands to stare at them and then at Kiri again with a questioning look, "Are you like, pressing on a nerve or something? Is it your medical training? I don't fucking get it." He grumbled to himself, looking down at his hands again and flexing his fingers before reaching out to grip Ei's hands and turn them over as if he was trying to find something. Not that it would be much use, the fog in his head wasn't allowing for much brainwork to happen.

He then scoffed and dropped Kirishima's hands, stepping back and slumping his shoulders, gesturing wildly, as his demeanor took a turn out of the blue, "Why the fuck do I even trust you?" The venom in his tone would have anyone thinking he was angry at Kirishima, but really he was just frustrated at not being able to understand the situation. He crossed his arms, tensing just slightly. He found it hard to feel anything too strongly over the sudden wave of calmness that had come over him. It was like he had to fight to be angry. "Seriously. Nobody just waltzes into my life and is just allowed to-" He closed his mouth and took another uncertain step back, averting his eyes. "You don't fucking know me, I don't fucking know you, I keep saying that. And still, somehow I-" What was he supposed to say? That somehow he does feel like he knows Kirishima? He sighed as he took another step back, rubbing at his injured hand, but not caring about the pain. His face wasn't marred by the usual scowl that would accompany his words and posture, though, droopy eyes and relaxed expression still somehow there. He was tired. It was evident.

And more than just that, he looked like shit. He looked like he'd been through the ringer and he had, his hair was disheveled and still sort of damp and his face was starting to bloom with color just slightly on one cheek, a punch that he hadn't even felt when it happened. The back of his head still ached and his eyes were rimmed red. He sniffled and finally met Kiri's gaze once again, his eyes clearer than they had been all day.

"Red Riot, what that uh, that fucking," He snapped his fingers in agitation as he attempted to remember the name, "Guido guy. He called you Red Riot." His frown then wasn't judging, but inquisitive. Like the gears in his head were turning. He stood taller now, rubbing at his face again and sniffling, trying to gain back some of the pride he'd lost tonight. He tore off the other glove from his hand and shoved it inside his waistcoat, not even remembering that it no longer was part of a pair. "I've heard that name before. I don't go to gladiator fights, but it's impossible not to have heard of you." His pause was purposeful as he rested his hand on the hilt of his long forgotten sword.

Suddenly, as the moon was being uncovered by the clouds and the wind was beginning to pick up in this lonely outside corridor, even as he looked like the mess he was, he also looked exactly how he was supposed to. How he was always meant to. He had the set expression of determination and confidence that his mother had given him, but none of the malice. He stood tall, even as he was bruised and battered and aching and tired. He looked like someone who might make a good King one day. As long as they survived to see that day come, that is.

"You're going to fight me." He says firmly, a demand. An order. "You're not going to go easy on me, you're not going to avoid hurting me. I wanna see what you can do." His eyes started blazing then, a fire that hadn't been there since the first time they had set foot in the same room. A fire that probably hadn't been there for a good while before that, too. "You can tell everything you need to know about a person through a fight." He gripped his sword tighter, even as it dug into the already pulsing wound on his hand. His face said there would be no arguing as he uttered his next words.

"I want to know who you are."

Staring into Katsuki's eyes, Kirishima could see the raw emotion of the blond, seeing just what exactly he was feeling. Not only that but, staring into those crimson eyes of the blond, he felt captivated. He could stare at them forever, he realized. His eyes shining with tears, adding to the effects of his eyes that were happening on Kiri. With how inquisitive he looked with those pitiful eyes, it gave him the look of a child, a child who didn't receive any sort of affection or attention. Kiri's dragon gave a low and pained churr, not happy with the idea of that. So once his face relaxed and the frown was gone, Kiri released a breath of relief, one that he hadn't even realized he was holding.

When he jerked, Kiri slowed his movements, murmuring out a small apology before his fingers finally intertwined into the blond spikes of his short hair. He was careful as he started to gently pet his head, trying to further his method of comforting. He wasn't quite sure what was working for the blond, but it seemed to be touch. That was why he pressed his hands to his cheeks, right? That's why he was desperate for Ei to just, cup his face and caress it?

As he quietly stood there with the blond, scenting him, he couldn't help but feel his own self starting to relax. Having the other in his arms just felt..it felt right. Kiri was always a friendly person and was always one to be touchy or comforting, but this? This just felt different. Different from how it typically felt when he was comforting someone, which had actually been a long time. And he couldn't really place why. Maybe it was because he was human? Maybe he just... for some reason it was just. .. he couldn't describe it.

Scenting the other only felt logical. And his dragon seemed to agree, as it chanted the words, 'Soothe, soothe, soothe, no more pain. Only soothe,' into his head, sounding concerned. And it was beyond satisfied that Kats was accepting the touch and Kiri was allowing him to be scented. Kiri was typically so stubborn in resisting his dragon-side. But this time, he gave in without hesitance. Ei figured it was probably because of the dance earlier, affecting how he was interacting. He swallowed hard to that thought, anxiety spiking. Maybe that's why it felt right? Allowing his dragon instincts to kick in and soothe the one he had pretty much courted without much of his own knowledge?

Another pang of guilt hit him. Fuck. How would he ever be able to tell Katsuki that's the kind of dance? Simple. He wouldn't. He'd take that to the grave, came his conclusion. He wasn't courting the prince, he refused to acknowledge it. It was just a dance, the first one that came to mind. That was it is what he was deciding, no matter how much another part of himself told him he was crushing on the blond. The dragon part of him hissed at the idea, becoming agitated. 'No! He's our-.' Ei didn't even let that side of him finish, slamming an inner door in his mind to shut the dragon part out to keep it from speaking, at least. He still needed that side of him to be able to scent the prince, so he allowed only a sliver of a cover-up.

The dragon wasn't pleased. And Ei knew it, yet he refused to acknowledge that side of his's annoyance. He'd deal with that later. The prince belonged to no one. Just as he had said earlier, he wasn't 'on the market.' Not to mention, there was no way in hell he could be with Katsuki. It wasn't possible, not with their ideals on dragons. Plus, Ei wasn't sure how he felt about dragons himself. He never really did give a straight answer-. Either way! It was a heavy no, one his dragon would have to come to accept one day. Whether it be by direct rejection, or simply death. He'd realize it one day. Until then, he'd have to long for what could never be.

He gave a little sigh through his nose, only to stiffen as he felt the prince buried his face into his shoulder, only to have his breath leave his very being with a stifled noise as he felt Katsuki trail up his neck with his nose. His teeth clamped down hard on his cheek, and he could for sure taste metal from how hard he had bit down. His body shivered as he hovered over his scent gland only to stop there. Eijiro's cheeks flamed red. He could feel every warm exhale Katsuki made right there on his scent gland. His bottom lip trembled as he struggled to remain where he was without making a sound, his breathing hitching. His dragon crooned, satisfied that the prince was reacting to the scent.

Ei was slowly starting to panic, eyes going wide. 'Wh...what the hell? Why is he reacting this way? It shouldn't... It shouldn't affect him that much, should it? How was he able to identify right where it was coming from! How did he know to-.' He trembled a little, swallowing the gathering blood and saliva down. Calm. He needed to stay calm. He couldn't freak out on the other. His mind racketed through information right now or at least tried to. It was kind of hard when he had a certain someone breathing right there on one of the most sensitive parts of his body. It didn't help when Kats brought him closer, hugging onto his shoulders, and burying his face right into the gland. The other just kept moving closer! Until there wasn't any space between them whatsoever.

Kiri went statue-still, holding his breath so as not to accidentally graze his gland on the blond anymore than he already was. Another shudder came from him as the prince sighed heavily against his neck, Ei forcing himself not to flinch away. His eyes closed, eyebrows knitting together. Tingles shot down his whole body from the simple action, causing him to twitch. He slowly turned his head to try and gaze at the blond, feeling as he relaxed completely in his arms. This was so bizarre! Kiri's heart hammered as his mind still reeled. There was no way... noway Kats could know what a calming scent was. Could know where his gland was. This was so fucking surreal! He had always been told humans couldn't pick up their scents as well as a dragon could, and they didn't react a dragon would either. Yet here Kats was, doing just that! What the FUCK! Unless.... No...No! Nope. That wasn't real. Not here. That didn't apply. Not to this. There was no way. That ONLY happened with dragons... RIGHT?!?!

His dragon snorted at Ei's little freakout in his mind, chortling in a rumble at Kiri's stupidity and oblivious-self.

Kiri let out a small huff, running his hands through Katsuki's hair yet again to try and keep himself grounded and to keep his mind off that trainwreck of thoughts. That was so fucking dumb for him to even consider that possibility. He jerked when Kats jerked, his eyes snapping open to the prince tensing again in his arms. Ei gently moved his head away, unclenching his jaw and trying to shove the blush from his face with some other thoughts. Fuck he hoped Kats hadn't noticed. He slowly allowed the scent to dissipate, letting whatever would linger, linger. He blinked his eyes, focusing his vision on Kats, looking a little confused. "Are you alright... " he had started, only to stop as he took notice of Katsuki staring at him with the clearest look ever. His own stared deep into Katsuki's, unable to will himself to look away. His hand went without resistance, cupping Katsuki's face. He tilted his head a little, now looking a bit questionable. And then when Kats squished his cheeks, he had to hold back a croon and a small laugh. Though, he couldn't hide the tiny smile of amusement. Fuck that was cute. "Hn?"

He only caught the tail-end of the question, looking somewhat confused. "Pressure point? No..I don't know acupuncture.." He scrunched up his face a little as the prince interrogated him. "Medical training...? I didn't train in medicine. I've never had training besides fixing myself up ..." He looked down with him to his hands as Katsuki examined them. What the hell did he mean..? The comforting?!? "Kats, Comforting someone isn't medical. I mean, it can be if you look at it from some perspectives but... I'm just... I'm just comforting you... .thats it. I swear-."

He flinched back to the harsh tone. It took him by surprise and shocked him at how quickly the other changed. He didn't go near as Katsuki started to back away from him like he was forbidden to be too close to him. Today was just a day full of panicked emotions, huh? He wanted that panic stirring in his gut to just stop, and he wanted to stop overthinking everything. He felt his stomach starting to ache, feeling like he had just done something wrong. Like he was about to be punished. He stiffened again, just waiting. Expecting a hand to come down and beat him senselessly. He knew he was overreacting to just the tone of the prince because his face read something completely different.

Ei forced himself to relax, but it was hardly an effort. He remained tense, shoulders back and his hands resting at his sides in fists. A coldness swept through him to Kats' words. He was right. They didn't know each other. The thought panged his heart a moment as a sudden thought of the scenario's trickled in his head. One of them telling the prince that he was right and promptly back off and do nothing but his job. One of him correcting the prince and saying the amount of shit that they'd gone through meant enough. One of him telling the prince they could still get to know each other and the final one. The final one of him saying nothing and taking the verbal assault personally. And that's exactly what he did. Kiri took in the tired stare of the prince, averting his eyes, staring at anything but him momentarily. It took him a few moments until he willed himself to look again.

Why did this sudden feeling of coldness and ... pain sear him? Kiri quietly cleared his throat to speak, stopping as he took in the appearance of the prince. He was starting to look worse and worse by the minute. He really needed to get him settled in his bedroom... Meeting his gaze, he started to take a few steps forward. And then he retreated backward again as that fucking name came from Katsuki's lips, along with Guido's. Kiri froze, looking like he was about to be the one to puke next. No, no no-no-no. This is exactly what he wanted to avoid. He shook his head, clamping his mouth shut, refusing to answer. No. He wouldn't tell him. He couldn't. That title was something he didn't really want to go by, not here. He was Kirishima here. Not Red Riot. He didn't want that name to be used outside of the ring. It only brought pain, terror, and overall it just made him sick to his stomach. Ei shook his head more, lowering it as he inhaled. "I...I can't..." He whispered. He just wanted that to be in the past now. He wasn't Red Riot. That's not who he was, that name WASN'T HIM! Kiri's head hung, hands shaking in fists. Why was the past always so haunting?

Of course, the prince had heard of him. The whole kingdom did. How could they not? Guido praised him. Advertised him. Used him as the main event, daily. There was no escaping it, either. Not like he had hoped when he left the ring. He closed his eyes to stop the flow of tears that threatened to build up in his eyes. He couldn't cry over this. And he couldn't avoid it, no matter how much he wanted to. No matter how much his throat closed up every time he opened his mouth to speak He wheezed a little, reaching up to rub at his face, cursing quietly before tilting his head up to the ceiling, collecting himself a moment.

When he looked back at Katuski with a defeated stare, he stopped breath hitching to the sight in front of him. Despite the pain and anxiety clawing away at his heart, a new emotion joined it. Admiration. Adoration. Maybe both.. either way, seeing the prince stand there that way, looking like a true soldier. It made him realize exactly who was in front of him. This was THE prince of Shizuoka. The one that had the kingdom under his nose. The one everyone looked up to and held high expectations for. Or did, at least. Either way! Bakugo Katsuki was talked about a lot in the ring. Everyone honored him. Respected him. Even the people he had painfully slaughtered would use their dying breaths to worship this mortal. For forgiveness in bringing shame to the kingdom.

Kiri couldn't tear his gaze away, mouth parting as his bangs swayed in his face from the wind. The moon highlighted his hair, and his eyes shone in the light. The confidence that radiated off Katsuki right now could've knocked him off his feet if he weren't planted where he stood. He looked...he looked stunning. It was at that moment Kiri realized just how lucky he was right now, and he realized yet again, just how the prince could make his heart hammer in his chest. It was a look that made his dragon croon in joy. This was just another size-up of the prince for him right now. It was a powerful move, one that Kiri could admire. His lips parted slightly, unable to look anywhere else as he let the words of the prince process.

"Now?! You want to fight? Right now?" He started off in a bewildered tone, giving him a stare as he snapped back into reality, eyes flitting down to watch the hand on his sword and back to his beaten face. "No, hell no. Not tonight." Kiri shook his head, a hand falling to the hilt of his own sword to secure it in his sheath. "You're out of your mind if you think I'm going to fight you tonight. Look at you! You're already bruised. Your HAND looks terrible and if you keep doing what you're doing, you're gonna lose that hand." Kiri stood his ground. That was true in part of why he was saying no. The other part screamed in his head. He set his jaw, clenching it. He typically wasn't one to back down from a challenge but didn't want to hurt the prince. He didn't care if it was an order, if he could avoid it, he would and will. This made him extremely nervous, and he was trying so hard to hide it.

"That's not true, y'know...." He started, swallowing heavily. " Telling everything you need to know about someone with fighting. That's not true, you can take my word for that."
He felt his breath shake, staring into Katsuki's fire-burning eyes from where he stood, before sighing in defeat and exhaustion. "Can we just please get you back to the room? It's been a long night Katsuki. I'm exhausted, and so are you. I can see it. And your hand...just...please?" He winced to how begging he sounded, but if it was the only thing that would convince Kats, then fine.

Last edited:
Bakugo didn't like it when Kirishima flinched. He saw it, even as he was still going on his own tangent. He couldn't miss it. He couldn't miss the way the other seemed suddenly...so far from him. So unreachable. It...he couldn't describe it. He couldn't make sense of it. The way his heart yearned to be closer to the other, the way his heart ached. It was like he could...like he could feel the pain there.

Which was strange because Bakugo didn't give a shit about anyone else's pain. He didn't even care about his own (because he pushed it deep down inside of him where he didn't ever have to confront the demons there). So why...?

He was pulled from his thoughts when Kiri started to rant at him about his demand. He startled, his confidence going down a peg, as he was stunned into silence by the redhead's raving. Sure, he had a point, but...He lifted his injured hand and gripped his wrist with the other, frowning in a way that was just almost a defiant pout, "It's...fine." He mumbled out, trying not to sound too disappointed. It was fucking fine, he didn't care about his stupid cut! Sure, it hurt like a son of a bitch, but... "I'm not some little bitch, I can still-"

He inhaled sharply and took a step back. He was finding it increasingly difficult to want to argue with Kiri and it was sending him into a tailspin, his thoughts trying to race but still being a bit foggy from...why...? He had calmed down so easily. Why was it that Kirishima could touch him and suddenly he felt so fucking secure? It was so strange. He bit his cheek, brows furrowing. And that's exactly why he wanted to fight him! Because he was confused and a little scared and he was nervous and, and- he just didn't know how else to make those feelings go away! But somehow at the same time, seeing the way Kiri shrunk in on himself and...he just felt something else there. The need to reach out and-

He moved forward without thinking and stretched out his hand, but was stopped by Kiri's next words.

He was...he was pleading with him. Kats probably would have vomited again if he could, his stomach felt like lead and air at the same time. His anxiety skyrocketed just looking at the expression on Ei's face...why the FUCK was he feeling this? Why did he just want to reach out and make that face go away? He willed himself to calm though, and it quite frankly wasn't hard. That was something he'd have to think about at a later point, he decided.

"Okay." He agreed far easier than he thought he ever would. But then, with a set look of determination. "But you're not getting out of it forever, I still wanna fight you. I still want to-" He ground his teeth, "I wanna know. So. Later. I'm not gonna drop it." He decided with a firm nod. And then he sighed and finally did move forward again, reaching to take Ei's sleeve between his fingertips; contact without touching him too much, not wanting to do something maybe Ei didn't want from him right now.

"C'mon. You said you're tired, let's go."
He had to will himself not to glance back at the blood as he started to lead them both out of the corridor. "Here, this is faster. It's one of the servant passages. It'll be dark, but I know the way and I won't let go of you." There were several that littered the castle; little halls that allowed servants to traverse through rooms without being a 'nuisance' to the royals. He wouldn't dwell on how much that little tidbit pissed him off. He opened a door after feeling for it and nodded towards Ei, stepping into the mostly dark passage and shifting so he had a better grip on his Knight's wrist.

It was dark, sure, but he knew the way by heart. And in the black surrounding them, he found it was easier to say what he wanted to say when he couldn't see Kiri's face and the dragon couldn't see his.

"My birthday..."
He started and then found that his throat started to close up. So he squeezed his hand around Kiri's wrist just slightly as he tried to keep his breathing even and his heart steady. "Um. I." He cleared his throat and cursed, "It's not a fucking fun time for me. I know what it sounds like, oh poor fucking prince with his parties and his gifts and people worshipping him. I get it, I fucking get how it sounds." His voice took on that self-deprecating tone again. "But Ei, I need to ask you a favor?" He reached out with his injured hand to brush along the walls and make sure they were still on path. The next words out of his mouth were not going to be easy.

He completely shut any emotion out of his voice when he spoke, so as not to have his third breakdown of the night. Fuck, he was so over crying! He'd cried more tonight than he had in his entire fucking life and he was so done with it! "I cannot. I cannot-" He tried to find his words. How could he say this without sounding pathetic? "Listen, I just. You know how I tried to fucking kill you? In my sleep? Imagine that paranoia but times one hundred. Times one thousand. Because something is gonna happen, Ei, I can feel it. I just-" Oh no, he was doing it again. He was making himself sound crazy. "I mean. I just. I'm not out of my mind, I'm not being over-paranoid. I know. I know something is gonna-" It always did. Something always happened. And his mother-his fucking mother always told him that he had to just. Keep going. He couldn't show fear. And he fucking wouldn't, but still-

He didn't know if he could do it again. Go around and act like someone wasn't gonna try and drug him or stab him or fucking, get him in a quiet corner- He blocked out the memories and huffed, opening the door they'd found and blinking at the sudden light coming from the multitude of candles lining the hall in his bedroom corridor.

He turned to Ei then, as they drew closer to his door and kept his face neutral. He still felt a well of sudden protectiveness when he looked at the dragon, but tried to squash it. "My point is. My favor? You cannot-" He twisted up his mouth as his voice went out and he couldn't say it. The fear gripped him, along with the anger at himself. What kind of King was he going to make if he couldn't go to an event like this? If he locked up at the mere thought? He gritted his teeth and said with his eyes screwed shut, "You cannot. Leave my side. Not for one second. And it's not because I'm fucking scared." He didn't know why he felt the need to say that. He'd already more than admitted to being scared. "I just." He huffed again and pushed open the door to his bedroom, his exhaustion suddenly overwhelming him. "It's just a little important that I stay alive. You know. For the Kingdom. That's all." He was in a shit mood now. He was always in a shit mood, but this was worse. He was suddenly just. Bitter. Bitter about everything. Bitter about his mom and his subjects and about Shinso. Bitter about the look on Eijiro's face.

He walked over to the balcony and opened the door, stepping out and slumping against the railing. His whole body went with him then and he suddenly didn't have the strength to hold himself upright anymore. He slid down until he was sitting on the floor and leaning his head against the railing, eyes closed. The cool breeze felt nice. "C'mere." He called, turning his head just slightly. "I wanna go to bed soon." He wasn't willing to voice exactly what else he wanted, once he did end up in that bed. Maybe he'd get the courage a little later, but he doubted it. "Sorry tonight was so eventful, in all the worst ways. Welcome to the Court, I guess. Enjoy your stay." He sighed and wrinkled his nose. He could feel the grime and the sweat and the blood suddenly on every inch of his body. He felt disgusting.

Eijiro let out a heavy sigh of relief, allowing his shoulders to slump forward once the blond agreed to finally retire back to the bedroom. Holy shit, he thought maybe it would've been harder to try and change his mind, but thank the gods it had been easy. He really wasn't up for anymore arguing or fighting tonight. He just wanted to curl up and go to sleep at this point. He wanted this night, this bittersweet night, to end. Ei slowly nodded his head to the prince, though he internally shook it no. He wasn't going to fight. At this point, verbally disagreeing was off the table. He'd just have to avoid it physcially. That was doable for him, right?

Ei allowed for the hem of his jacket to be grabbed, his face softening into a small look of tiredness. He didn't mind the touch. In fact, a part of him begged for him to take his hand into his, and hold on tight. To intertwine their fingers and walk alongside him back to the corridors. He could feel a small pang of disappointment when Katsuki didn't, but he didn't force it. If the other didn't want to hold hands, then that was fine. He was just glad the other wasn't mad at him like he had thought. His earlier anxieties seeped away, though he still seemed a bit on edge about everything.

Eijiro gave a tilt of his head to one side, his bangs following with the motion as Katsuki mentioned a short cut. His eyes blinked in heightened interest. "Cool, Guessing I get knowledge about all the secrets of this place now, huh?" He couldn't help a small smile, a gentle one. He moved closer to the back of Kats as they entered the door, his eyes watching in awe as the door seemingly appeared out of nowhere. Like it was magical, like him. Like how Kats was, appearance and emotionally wise, at least. His cheeks dusted a very faint pink across his freckled and sun-kissed skin. The grip on his wrist was comforting. But it wasn't because of the dark, it was just simply keeping his past feelings at bay and bringing back the ones from earlier. The ones from the dance. From when Kats stared at him with emotion.

In fact, it had nothing to do with the dark, considering he could see significantly better in the dark than a normal human. He could make out shapes a lot better, but if he were in his hybrid form? He'd be able to see the very details of the prince in front of him. Not that Kats could and would ever know about that. So, he played it off, turning his wrist around so they were both gripping each other's wrists to keep them from separating. Ei perked up, turning his head to stare where the blob that signified the shape of Kats's head was, listening intently as his low and raspy voice filled the echoing tunnel. Oh. His birthday! Right, he meant to ask him about that! But... it seemed he didn't need to. As Kats gripped his wrist tighter, Kiri felt the way his pulse picked up, signifying his heartbeat had picked up. Was his birthday that anxiety-inducing?!

He cleared his own throat, giving a small nod even though the blond couldn't see it."Of course, 'Tsuki. Anything." His voice sounded concerned yet full of assurance. He frowned a tiny bit, his mind speculating what exactly this favor could be. He couldn't really think of anything significant. But when he heard the emotionless tone of the prince, his gut twisted. Oh no. Whatever it was, it couldn't be good, could it. Fuck why couldn't anything ever be good around here!! Katsuki was a fucking marvel at how to respond to all of this. He seemed so...so used to it all. At this point, Ei wouldn't be very surprised if he was. This place was like a fucking circus. Humans were so fucking messy, he had concluded that a long time ago. This only seemed to prove his point.

"Yeah...?" He winced, having actually really forgotten about that tidbit. Even though it had just happened the night prior. His memories were kinda blurring together. He was trying to focus on the positives here. That was easier said than done, apparently. He swallowed the lump in his throat, letting out a tiny noise. That didn't sound good at all. Is this what Queen Mitsuki was talking about when mentioning the 'regular procedures' earlier in the room? Is this why Kats was always on edge? So hard and tried to be emotionless. His mind reached, trying to think of all the possibilities of why this could be.

"I believe you." he suddenly voices in a quiet voice. He did. Something in his gut told him to. Something was off and he didn't like the way this topic was making Katsuki feel or act. He wanted to scent him again. Fuck, he just wanted to scent him for the rest of the night now that he thought about it. It seemed like the other would need it from how he was acting tonight. His own face had softened into a small empathetic look, watching as Katsuki finally turned towards him as they reached the end of the secret tunnel. He blinked, allowing his eyes to adjust to the sudden light that hit his eyes and reflected the soft glow of candle lights. Their flames flickered across his features, giving him a warm glowing effect across his already warm-toned skin. Though, he focused solely on Katsuki, watching his face twist up and his voice catching in his throat. Kiri released his grip slightly from his wrist to allow his palm to slowly slide into Kats' hand, giving it a brief squeeze of reassurance.

He sucked in a breath to the request. He gave a sharp nod of his head, his eyes suddenly filling with a look of determination, hardening with a look of promise as well. "Of course, Katsuki. I don't have any intentions of doing that... From what your mother suggested tonight and the way you're talking, I can only assume the worst for you for this. But I promise. I swear. Nothing's gonna happen to you while I'm around. I swear." And he meant it. The dragon part of him rumbled, his own wave of possessiveness and protectiveness washing over his being. It was hard to force those feelings down, so he didn't. He couldn't, not with the way the prince was standing here, battered and beaten, looking like he had just seen a ghost. Tch. Right. He knew the whole 'living for the kingdom' part was true, but so was his statement about being scared. He was scared. Ei could sense it on him. He could smell it on him. It was sickening to him.

Ei let out a sigh from his nose as he followed Katsuki into the room, shutting the heavy doors behind himself with quiet ease. He worked on undoing his sword belt, unclasping it from his suit, and placing it on the desk where the sword had originally been decorating. His attention was grabbed by Kats calling out to him from the balcony, the sudden cool air of the arriving spring and retreating winter hitting him. It sent a chill through him, his internal inferno giving a panged feeling of emptiness. Fuck. He needed it to start warming up here soon, or else he'd be at risk of having nothing but dying embers in his inferno, and that led to the slowest death, slower than fucking hemlock. Not as painful, but still just as miserable.

The dragon knight silently made his way over, staring down at Katsuki with concern and a tight-lipped look of inquisition. Ei grunted as he willed himself to crouch in front of the prince, placing his hands on his own knees. "Well, I have to fix your hand first, and you need a bath. No way in hell am I letting you postpone either of those."

He breathed a chuckle, shaking his head as he looked down, sounding amused, sighing deeply. "Thanks..Glad to be here..Really, it really truly is an honor." He made a mocking noble's voice, raising his chin high as if he were judging everything under his nose with a snobby look. "Gladly, m'lord, I will use every opportunity I have to flaunt that I am so much better than the rest and flaunt the money my mummy left for me in the bank. May Azhurk watch her soul, that old wretched woman." He kept up the mocking accent before a playful grin took over his lips and he let out a bubbling laugh to his own attempt at being silly.

"Hey, tonight wasn't too bad, banquet wise! That was pretty fun! And the kids, oh by the god the kids were adorable. Especially that Eri girl. Albino, right? She was pretty sweet. She seemed pretty attached to you too, how is she part of the court?" He moved so his elbows rested on his knees now, cupping his own face with his palms as he held his chin up, biting his lip with one tooth out of habit, eyeing Katsuki with curiosity.

"Awe man, I left my food on the table." he gave a sudden pout, before puffing his cheeks, and then his face seemed to light up and he poked an accusing finger towards Katsuki "And YOU! You're eating before bed tonight too! You haven't eaten shit today! Unbelievable! That's not happening again either. I'll force food down your throat if I have to." he huffed, frowning slightly at him with a scolding tone. It was light, and not full of malice unlike his mother had used. It was full of concern and genuine emotion of 'I care'; not to mention the tired undertone he had in his voice.

He was trying to lighten the mood, hoping it would work for the prince, so he wouldn't go to bed and end his night on a sour note.

Last edited:
Kats slowly turned to look at him as the Knight spoke beside him. His face was impassive at first; tired and neutral and far away. But then, as the dragon went on about the banquet, his demeanor shifted and his face twitched. It was subtle at first, but then he couldn't help but raise his eyebrows and give Ei just the idea of a smile. Something small, but something nonetheless. He kept his head resting against the railing as he watched his Knight speak of Eri, sounding so fond. He huffed a laugh and closed his eyes briefly. That was something he could talk about. A safe topic.

He couldn't help the smirk that overtook his features then, just for a moment. He reached forward and flicked Ei lightly on the forehead. "Your dancing surprised me, but," He sighed and it turned into a small laugh, eyes focusing on Ei again and sparking with mischief, "maybe I'll let you do that again sometime." And the way he looked at Ei then, he couldn't do it for more than a second, like he wasn't thinking about anything but the idea of dancing with him again. Reliving how he'd felt doing it. And then his face went from intense to immediately shuttered again, to relaxed. The emotions that danced across his face in the span of seconds was probably a human feat.

"Yeah, she is. She's supposed to be the heir to a big ol' estate." He frowned briefly, but then his face relaxed again, "She spends a lot of time on her own though, bothering the servants. They don't mind. She likes to find herself 'lost' near here, too, so if you hear giggling in the middle of the day and you can't find the source, she's probably hiding somewhere nearby." He leaned in close and smirked then, whispering teasingly, "She's alwaaayysss watching. She's actually how we gather intelligence around here, she's our best agent." He huffed again and leaned back, staring up at the sky. "No, but really. She's a good kid. They all are. But parents are tough around here and they're all gonna go from being good kids to being." He frowned. "The tough parents." He shook his head to erase the return of his bitterness and focused in on Kiri's next words.

"Hah??! I, Shut up, don't tell me about not eating, I fucking. I eat plenty! Tonight was just!" He pouted despite himself, glaring at Ei as he moved to shove the other away with a hand to the face. "I'm not even hungry!" He got up and started for the room again, sighing dramatically. He wasn't actually upset, just a weird mix of amused and annoyed that he can't really remember ever feeling towards anyone but the children.

He started to undo his belt and tossed his sword onto the foot of his bed, digging his sad glove out of his waistcoat and throwing it on the desk. He then removed his waistcoat, tossed it, and then his shirt, tossed that. He stretched out his arms and winced, reaching towards the back of his head. Fuck, he had a knot there. It would be gone in a few days, but he was probably gonna wake up with a killer headache.

He sighed and headed towards the washroom, fumbling with the clasp on his necklace. Once he got it, after some excessive cursing, he gently set it on his vanity and paused for just a second. "Good choice, by the way." He mumbled the words and then was off towards the washroom like he hadn't said anything.

"I'll be out in a sec. Make yourself busy, I dunno." He mumbled, undoing the wrapping on his hand so the wound was exposed (He'd be careful with it). And then he closed the door without waiting for a response. He simply dropped trow and used the cold ass water from his basin to wash himself like the fucking heathen he was. He got goosebumps doing it, but he didn't really care. He just needed to be clean. He was tired and the warmth of the blankets would be well enough to get warm again...

He cursed to himself as he scrubbed at his face. He...he wanted to ask about...

His heartbeat sped up and he clenched his jaw, digging his palms into his eyes even as his wound protested against it (Didn't he say he'd be careful? Fuck.).

He pulled his hands away from his face and ghosted his fingers over the bruise blooming on his right cheek. He sighed and then reached up to cup his face again. Yeah. It didn't feel the same. He didn't know why he was even trying again, he'd already tested it and it had failed. It just still didn't quite make sense to him.

How the fuck was he gonna ask about the sleeping thing? How was he gonna just waltz in and ask if Kirishima wouldn't mind holding his hand until he fucking...Oh, fuck. He groaned and pulled at his hair. It was gonna be nearly impossible to get the words out, he might as well not even try it. But the desperate part of him knew he was too afraid of having a nightmare to not ask. Fuck.

He just knew that Kiri singing to him...it had been nice. Kiri holding his hand? That had been nicer. Having someone he knew was going to look out for him, make sure no one came in the middle of the night to slit his throat...that was nice. It was all just. Fucking. Fantastic. It was all nice.

So it sickened him a little. Just the idea of wanting it. The idea of letting himself get to that point of needing or craving someone else, of relying on them. Oh, he was so in for some shit because of this, he knew it already. And yet, he couldn't stop.

WIth a bone-deep sigh, he finally decided he'd been sitting there shivering long enough and got out, grabbing a towel that a servant had brought earlier and wrapping it around himself. Fuck. He hadn't grabbed fresh clothes. With a shrug, he moved towards the door. Oh well. He wasn't shy. And if Kiri was gonna be with him all the time, he was gonna have to not be shy either, is how he saw it.

He opened the door and made a beeline for his closet, not looking in the direction of Kiri at all, but saying an off-handed, "Avert your eyes if you're prudish, I gotta change." He then flung open the doors and searched for some- Oh, yeah.

He made his way towards the bed and started sorting through shirts, tossing them on the floor when he didn't like one. His room was kind of a mess and hadn't been cleaned by anyone because they usually didn't do that for him and also because the banquet had stolen all of the servants' time. When he found a soft black linen shirt, he shrugged it on and pulled the hem until it fit properly. He then went into his closet again and pulled out a pair of black braies and- well, sleeping in pants was annoying and they were long enough so whatever.

He threw his towel in a random direction because he was quite actually the worst and sat on his bed, moving one leg up to shove the rest of his clothes onto the floor with a foot. He then crossed his legs and peered at his pulled stitches. A few of them had come loose, but at least one was still tight. Woohoo, he had that going for him at least, he thought bitterly. "Ready for you to stab me again." He mumbled like he was trying to joke about it, but he really wasn't excited. That shit hurt. And sure, he was tough, but his poor hand had been through a lot in just a matter of not even two days.

He shifted to make room for Kiri beside him and then turned his face away, "And then, maybe, uh." He could do this. he could ask. "Um. Maybe you could-" He clammed up. Fuck, why was shit like this always so impossible? "You know what? Nevermind. It's fine. I'm just a fucking baby." It wasn't fine, though. His frustration at himself showed clear as day on his face. Nothing was ever easy, huh?

Last edited:
Even if the smile was hardly there, it was still a smile nonetheless. One that made Kiri's own grow larger. The gentle laugh that Katsuki breathed out made Kiri pause for a split second, taking in that joyous sound. He was so distracted, he hadn't realized Kats leaned towards him. Not until he felt the slight 'thump!' against his forehead and he jerked his head back in surprise, blinking as he scrunched up his face slightly. Though he wasn't given time to comment as Kats started talking. He paused, staring, and then grinned with a gentle laugh of his own. He took in the many faces Katsuki made, trying to decipher their meanings silently.

"Well then if that's the case, You're gonna need some dance lessons!~" He teased playfully, reaching over to softly jab at his shoulder with a small giggle. As Kats started to explain Eri, he listened intently, his grin remaining softly on his lips. "Y'know that sounds kinda creepy, but I'll try to keep that in mind. I'm guessing the estate is close by then?" He moved to reach up and place his fist against his cheek, propping his head up. He gave an amused chortle, shaking his head some, but also noted that in his head. He supposed that meant he should be extra careful about how he acted around her. He gave an inward sigh but smiled at that. "Noted!" His smile faltered a little thought to his last statement and looked a bit pensive. "Yeah...they always do," he mumbled softly.

He huffed and glared softly at him, clicking his tongue a little. "Bull shit. You're eating before bed, end of the discussion, You're gonna end up sick if you don't." His eyes followed after him, turning his body a little as he stood up to watch him walk into the room. He went to go follow him in, moving to sit in the chair that was sat in front of the vanity. He watched Katsuki with blinking eyes, looking naive as to what he was doing, not really bothered by it. Until the other proceeded to take off his shirt completely and stretch. He watched his muscles flex under his skin, Ei's face covering up with a blush. He was quick to look away, swallowing some so as not to be a creep or whatever. He totally wasn't checking him out or anything. He jerked, jarred away from his thoughts as he stared to the necklace and back to Kats. He couldn't help a sheepish smile, his blush becoming more evident. Kiri reached up to toy with his own necklace with his fingers, biting the inside of his cheek softly.

"Oh! Okay... I'll just wait here.." he called after him, turning in the chair to face the vanity fully. He started going through the various pieces of jewelry, inspecting every one of them, and inspecting the ones that caught his eye even longer. There was so much here! He lifted some pieces up to his neck, inspecting himself with some of them in the mirror before he paused, staring at his unfamiliar face again. It was once again bizarre at how much he had changed. He reached a hand up to the swollen bruises on one side of his face from where Katsuki had head-butted him. He winced a little and sighed. it wasn't anything bad or painful. Just uncomfortable at this point. And then he leaned in closer to his complexion, ghosting his fingers over the freckles on his face, and then up to where his scar was on his eye. He frowned at the memories it gave him and he promptly backed away from the mirror, leaning back into the chair. He just simply stared, getting lost in the image of himself. Not captivated, but also not repulsed. He just. He seemed...bland. At least to himself.

He gave a soft hum, toying with his necklace again, fiddling with some of the jewels on it. Then he slowly put back all the rest, including the one Katsuki had worn tonight. It really was beautiful and it had matched so well with his outfit! Speaking of his outfit, now that Kiri thought back to it, he couldn't help the thought of him wearing both black and red to the banquet. It seemed a coincidence the other decked out in his two colors. The black made sense. But red? Well... the red made sense. It had brought out Kats' crimson eyes.

"Hn?" He turned as Kats spoke, blinking a little until he fully processed his words. Okay, he wasn't a prude! But he didn't wanna come off as creepish or a weirdo by simply staring. So he did it out of respect. He looked anywhere but towards Kats's direction. Or at least. Attempted to. Damn his naive curiosity as he stole sideways glances to the prince's backside as he tore up the wardrobe. Watching him toy with the shirt after putting it on made him glance away again. Damn it, Kiri! No! Bad!

He glanced back though as he watched the towel fly to the floor from his peripheral vision without thinking much about it. But he sighed a slight breath of relief to see he was fully dressed. He hadn't even thought about him being completely nude whenever he had looked in that direction until he realized what was thrown. He frowned a little, moving to get up and starting to pick up the articles of clothing strewn about.

Okay. He was really fucking messy. He gave an annoyed huff as he watched Kats just kick the rest of the clothing on the bed off and he clicked his tongue at him. He went to go pick them up too, setting them on the ottoman that sat at the foot of the bed. "Oi, c'mon now. " he huffed, giving him a small look. "Guess I know what I'm doing when I wake up tomorrow," he grumbled, taking the towel and moving to put it with the rest of tonight's discarded clothes on the floor of the washroom and to grab another bowl of water and a rag. After that, he went over to where he had last placed the medical supplies, gathering a new needle and fresh bandages, a paste of sorts for the wound, and string.

He made his way back over to the bed right as Kats stumbled over himself with his words. He filled in the spot Kats had left next to him, setting the stuff in front of himself, careful not to drop the steaming water onto the bed. "Maybe I could what?" he questioned as he dipped the rag into the water and ringing out, repeating his process from when he had first cleaned it.
He carefully took Katsuki's hand into his own, starting to gently try and remove what stitches he could after setting the rag down on the edge of the bowl, suddenly remembering that he needed to do that first before he could clean it. He apologized as he did so, only to discard the strings. He then started to clean it, raising an eyebrow.

"Are you sure it's fine? I don't think you're being a baby. What is it?" He pressed quietly, finishing up the cleaning process and moving to grab the ointment paste and to apply it. He hopped this would cause less of a prominent scar, but the odds were slim. He took in the frustrated look as he stole glances up at him. Kiri wiped the remaining ointment off on his sleeve, and took the needle and thread, focusing on it for a moment to get the needle and thread situated together before he could start. "Sorry if this hurts. I'll be quick about it. And this time, no using your hand. Please. I can't keep fixing your hand..." he sighed gently, not sounding mad or anything. Just. Raw concern. With that, he started to carefully stitch the other back up, trying to avoid where he had already punctured the skin. He drew it tight this time, trying to be quick yet precise.

He stared at his hand as Ei worked. It was...a lot more painful this time. All of it. His hand had gone through the original slice, the soreness of that, the original stitches, then him messing with it all night and then him using it to almost break Shinso's nose. And now after all of that, it was...wow, the pain was actually indescribable. He was usually pretty good about these kinds of things, but he also usually didn't reopen wounds and let them sit and fester either, so this was a little new. Plus the fact that most of your nerves were in your hands and feet, so wounds there often hurt like a bitch anyways.

So when Ei was finished cleaning the cut and removing the old stitches, he tensed and flinched a little at the initial puncture, reaching out to grip his wrist tightly with his good hand to keep himself steady and still by force. He inhaled sharply, mind blanking out momentarily. "Holy fucking shit motherfucker, fuck-" He exhaled just as dramatically and dug his nails into his wrist, "Fuck, fuck, fuck."

He hated showing pain. He hated it more than he hated almost anything else, but fuck did this shit hurt. He swallowed, gritted his teeth, and tried to focus instead on answering Ei's question. "Um, fuck. I just- It was stupid, I-" And then he was reaching out with his good hand to grip Eijiro's fingers and make the movements of the needle stop, his whole body going tense as pain seemed to be all he could think about, "Just, I guess- Stop. Stop for a second."

He held Kirishima's fingers in his grip the entire time as he tried to center himself and not think about the sensation in his palm. Oh jeez, was that going to be hard. But with a few deep breaths, the white hotness of it was beginning to flee and he was starting to come back to himself. He swallowed and slowly released his hand, still pensive. "Okay." He took another breath. "Okay. You can keep going now."

As soon as the needle started again in his skin, he reached out and gripped Kiri's leg without even really thinking about it, just some sort of purchase to keep his thoughts steady. What was he saying...? Right, right...

He frowned and released a slight huff of nervousness and embarrassment, expression twitching slightly. "It's really nothing, I just. Uh, I guess I wanted to say. I-" He stuttered a little and his hand tightened where he was digging his fingers into Kiri's leg. He attempted to relax the grip, but it was a meager effort. One of his legs was twitching, a nervous reaction to the stitching, "I just wanted to say. I slept. Good. Last night. I guess." He decided to remove his hand altogether and fist it into the sheets beneath them, his voice straining as Kiri finished up. "Until Shinso burst in, that is."

As soon as Kiri tied the last knot, he jerked his hand away and held his wrist again, rubbing erratically at the skin there since he wasn't allowed to touch the stitches. He frowned and willed the shaking in his palm to stop. Maybe he should be more careful, like Kiri had said...fuck.

He stared at his hands instead of at the dragon when he next spoke. "Anyways...it's- ugh, that stings like a bitch." He sidetracked himself from what he was originally trying to say. Oh bother, he was never gonna get the words out...

Ei couldn't help but glance up with an apologetic look as Kats started to curse and hold his wrist. "Sorry, sorry. " he kept mumbling, wincing to the pain the other was showing. "Maybe that'll teach you a lesson," he said almost teasingly, but it was more of a gentle scolding from him. He sighed, trying to work quicker for Katsuki's sake. "Well how can it be deemed stupid if i haven't heard it-." he stopped, pulling away and staring at him with wide eyes. He stared up at the blond, awaiting a go-ahead as he sympathetically stared. "Sorry Katsuki, but if you want it to stop, I have to finish it. I know it hurts." he reasoned, but didn't start until he was allowed to.

He waited a few more moments after Kats' released his hand and then nodded, going back to work. He kept his focus solely on work on his hand, but he couldn't help but note the pressure of his hand on his leg. He didn't mind it. Katsuki could do whatever he needed to right now for assurance. He blinked up at him for a brief second as he finally blurted out what he was saying and Ei couldn't help a soft smile. "Seemed like it, too. .." he all but paused at the mention of Shinso, his eyes glaring hard at his hand. "He does it again, I'm pulling a blade." he muttered. "He can't just burst in here like that. And after tonight? He's really asking for it. " he huffed, his earlier anger returning briefly.

He sighed once he finished up, cutting the string. "Alright. Seriously, Katsuki, take care of it this time. Keep it wrapped. No using your hand. I'm not fixing it again after this." he warned, hoping that might get him somewhere, even though it was an empty threat. "Aht!! Stop!" he hissed, slapping his other hand away from scratching. He huffed. "Don't bust them, dude!" He quickly went to grab the bandages and started to rework in wrapping his hand, tight.

"Anyways what? Yeah, no shit it stings! " he huffed gently. "Quit messing with it!" he got up to go put the supplies on the desk, not bothering to actually put it up, just in case. He reached up into his hair, taking the ponytail out and shaking his head. He scrubbed at the tenderness of his scalp, running his hands through his hair, sighing. His hair fell with a little bit of a wavy volume now from being in a ponytail for so long. He started to shed off the jacket, unclasping it by the neck clasp first, and then starting to get all the buttons with fumbling hands. He gave a brief and quiet yawn and muttered something about going to get cleaned up real quick. He draped his jacket over his arm, his undershirt tucked into his black slacks.

He scrubbed at his head again, and then made his way to the door and then to his own bedroom. He'd only take a few minutes. And that he did. He was quick to warm up the water in the basin in his room with his breath, taking a quick wash down so he could get back to the prince and watch him for the rest of the night. Good thing he didn't sleep often already, he thought with his brain just all over the place right now. He examined his swelling face, sighing at the thought of how much worse it'd look by morning. Hopefully, Tsuki wouldn't feel too badly about it.

He finished up, drying himself off with the towels provided, and went to change back into the underclothings of his armor. He wasn't going to wear the actual armor its self for right now. It was way too uncomfortable to be wearing it when he had just been wearing a suit. Hmm.. Maybe he oughta look into getting that changed. He'd prefer leather over this fucking metal anyhow...so maybe he could talk to a tailor here soon. Not to mention, he still needed to fix the arm issues on his armor, and he had a pretty cool design in mind!!

Ei yawned again, drying his hair and letting it fluff out a little from drying it with the towel until it was dampened, and then made his way back to Katsuki's bedroom. His towel was discarded into the wastebasket by his door. He peered in for a moment to make sure it was clear and shut the door.

"Not asleep yet?" he asked quietly, even though that was a stupid question. Of course, he wasn't. The other probably wouldn't sleep until Ei was here again. He walked over to the bed and quietly sat on its edge, looking over to the double doors of the balcony. "You seemed to sleep really well with that lullaby last night.." he suddenly commented, not tearing his eyes away from the balcony doors.
"Did you like it...? The lullaby? I know I was probably off-key with it. It's been a while since I had someone else to listen to it."
The hands in his lap fiddled a little once he finally glanced back to Kats, his eyes searching the expression of the other. He seemed a bit nervous for the answer as if having Katsuki's approval of his singing was dire.

'I'm not fixing it again after this', alright he was gonna have to be more careful. Seriously. By all means, he knew Ei wasn't serious, but the thought of having to have his Knight stab him again and possibly again? He wasn't looking forward to something like that. So yeah...he'd try harder. He was still frowning down at his hand when Ei started snapping at him again. He couldn't even find it in himself to retaliate, only frowning deeper when Ei started to wrap his hand again with a fresh round of scolding on his lips.

It was when Kiri got up again that he finally regained some sense of himself and opened his mouth, reaching out for his Knight somewhat with his hand but then stopping the movements altogether as he watched Kiri start to undo his hair. It was strange, the way he found himself staring. Like something was compelling him to. Something he didn't quite understand. But he watched anyways, His fingers twitched, hands aching to just be able to go up and touch that hair, mesmerized by the way it fell in gentle waves from being confined all night. But instead, he let the hovering hand fall and tucked it underneath one leg, not wanting to continue to embarrass himself.

And before he had fully come back to himself after staring at Kiri's hair long enough, the Knight was seeing himself out. And that, for some reason, sent Katsuki into a mild panic. As soon as the door clicked shut, he blanked. He hadn't been alone in...in hours. Not really. And it was so strange to feel the weight of that silence. A silence that should feel so inviting because up until yesterday, it had been all he knew. But...

But.

The way he sat on the edge of the bed still, hands balled up and legs shaking nervously. It was pathetic. Because he should be completely content to have a few minutes to himself and to maybe finally relax...

But he wasn't relaxed. No, he had been relaxed before. Now, he was tensing up worse than usual. Worse than his normal, because tense was his normal. And it was making him confused and angry and he just didn't understand why-

He sighed through his nose and turned to cast a sideways glance at his pile of pillows stacked up against the headboard. Yeah, he wasn't gonna be crawling under the sheets until Ei got back. He cursed to himself at this thought, biting the inside of his cheek and furrowing his brows slightly. He really needed to just...stop. He needed to get a hold on himself. With a slight aggravation to his movements, he slapped at his cheeks lightly and reached up to scrub at his scalp, huffing. His cheeks were already growing warm from the embarrassing shit he'd said earlier and the slight sting of his hands wasn't helping the fact that they were turning red. Oh bother, he'd really stumbled over his words, why had he been so incapable of forming a decent sentence- of just asking what he had really wanted to ask- he didn't know. Or really, he did, and he was just going to ignore it. Fuck.

The door once again creaked and his head snapped over to watch Ei stepping back inside with his hair damp and only wearing his underclothes. 'Not asleep yet?' What kind of question was that, really? "You weren't really gone for that long..." He couldn't keep the angry pout out of his voice, mostly directed at himself. Of fucking course he wasn't asleep yet! He- He couldn't sleep, not after the night they had, not after being reminded of his birthday...

There was just so much going through his head, so much and not enough at the same time. it was like one part of his brain was going at super speed, analyzing everything, thinking of ways to prepare, thinking of what his mother was going to do or say next. And the other part was just...static. Static and wanting to curl up under his blankets and forget he exists.

Bakugo watched Kiri carefully as the Knight came to sit on the edge of the bed. He resisted the urge to move closer or further away and simply uncurled his fists and lifted one leg so he could rest his chin on his knee, wrapping his arms around that same leg. He said nothing as Ei stared out at the balcony, but then started briefly as he began to talk.

He stopped looking at him then, his mouth forming a terse frown as he decided to stare down at the sheets instead. He willed his cheeks to stop their color from once again growing rosy as his lips twitched, a million different mean things hidden on his tongue. But no. He wouldn't do that. It would be so easy. Way easier than being vulnerable. But after everything tonight...after the dancing and the fighting and the crying...

He looked back up at Kiri as he finished asking him...asking if he liked it. The singing. And asking with such a pensive tone that Katsuki momentarily forgot his own problems. And then Kiri was looking back at him and his expression was worried, like...what, did he think Katsuki was gonna tell him off...? Did he think he was gonna...

Well, shit. Kats couldn't help but snort, his lashes fluttering a bit. He sighed and finally let himself move closer, reaching out to shove Kiri's shoulder as he settled next to him and offered a reassuring smirk. "You've gotta be joking, right? I already told you, you have a nice voice. And I always say what I mean." He rolled his eyes and leaned back on his hands, tilting his head at Kiri. "And...yeah. I guess," He cleared his throat and turned his face away, unable to get the words out while Kiri was still looking at him. "I guess...it helped." He shrugged and then looked back at Kiri. And then he stubbornly let his eyes slide down to look at Kiri's hands.

He knew he'd been asleep for the most part still, when he'd grabbed for Ei's hand. But...but when he'd woken up still holding it, he hadn't felt the need to immediately let go. And part of him wanted to grab it again. But instead of voicing this or anything else, he just kind of glared at the Knight's hand like if he did it hard enough it would burst into flames or something. "Maybe..." He swallowed. Was Ei really gonna make him say it? Why couldn't he just read Katsuki's mind, ugh! "Maybe you could..." His voice turned off halfway through his sentence and ended up muttering the words, "sing it again, I dunno."

He let his eyes flicker up to take in Ei's face again, his own still scrunched up with the weight of his glare, and he had to scoff. He reached up to tenderly brush the deep bruising along Kiri's jaw, his eyes returning to that rare softness he'd been letting Kiri see all night. "I fucking..." He wasn't proud of that. He retracted his hand and curled it back into a fist, exhaustion sweeping over his features. He chuckled dryly, "Yeah, I'm not gonna be able to look at you for a while without getting mad at myself, sorry. Sorry, let's just. I'm tired." He didn't look back at Kiri as his face turned into something that wasn't necessarily closed off, but wasn't open either. He moved so that he was crawling towards the headboard again, aggressively ripping back sheets. "Let's...let's go to sleep, yeah? Forget what I said, let's just. I'm tired. Let's just sleep. You can sleep in my bed, I don't care."

"Well no, I told you I'd be a few minutes, but... It's been pretty eventful, hasn't it?" He questioned before he had sat down, head tilted to the side and allowing his hair to follow the movement. He smiled a little to the sound of the pout, seeming a bit amused at him pouting like a child. Even if it was a simple angry pout. It was still funny to him, because the other just, he had these childish tendencies. And there was nothing wrong with that in the slightest! It made the blond seem cuter is all.

Ei couldn't help but blink his eyes at him as he waited for a response, shifting where he sat as he waited silently. His words threw him off for a moment, not to mention the look he gave him. Ei gave a small noise of surprise that sounded like a yelp. He gave a bright grin, re-adjusting himself once he sat back up from the shove. He returned it with a playful scowl, unable to help the way his chest squeezed up to the smirk Katsuki gave him and the way his eyes rolled as he spoke.

"No, I'm genuinely asking...but...thanks," he mumbled back glancing away to the ground below. "It's just...I dunno, I used to sing in front of others all the time when I was younger, but. Singing for someone else after years of not doing it, kinda puts a weight on you about whether or not it's still how it used to be." He rambled before clearing his throat and huffing. Though he snapped his gaze to Kats, looking hopeful. "Really?! You really think so? You seemed pretty at ease last night and-." he cut off, eyes wide as Kats muttered. His ears picked up on the mumble loud and clear though thanks to his keen senses, the hopeful look only increasing now. "Sure! Yeah, I could do that if you want!" He said, sounding eager about it. Singing was one of his favorite past times and it helped him more than he could describe. He followed Kats eyes for a moment, trying to see where exactly he was looking. His head gave a curious tilt before he finally realized. His hands. He stared at his own hands for a moment, trying to piece it together. Maybe the other was just zoning out?

No, it seemed like the only one zoning out here was Kiri as Kats' sudden touch made him flinch in surprise. He blinked his eyes into focus to stare, the touch gentle and warm against his bruised jaw. Fuck. The look in his eyes didn't do his heart any justice as it leaped again. His own face softened as he realized what was going on and he sighed.

"Look, I've already told you, it's okay! You didn't mean to! Don't beat yourself up over it, 'kay? I'll survive. It's just a bruise, it'll be yellow by the morning!" He gave a reassuring grin, watching him. He got up so he could move the covers and looked a bit surprised to hear him say he could share the bed. His cheeks dusted a little and he glanced between the bed and the prince. Okay. Well. He'd done it for a little while today! It wouldn't hurt to do it again!

But then he realized he wasn't really supposed to be sleeping. But then again, after everything today, he was pretty fucking worn out. Exhaustion had been prickling at him since their walk back after he calmed Kats down. "Yeah.. Okay, I'm .. Sure." He couldn't really form a proper sentence as he stretched where he stood, grunting as he did and rubbing at an eye. He waited as Kats got situated, and then climbed in next to him, keeping a distance between them so the prince could have space. He held a pensive look for a moment before grunting once he was settled, laying on his back and his hands held together on his stomach, before looking over to Kats. "I can sing a different one my mom used to sing to me, too." he offered quietly, clearing his throat. He bit at his bottom lip and then hesitantly moved a hand over to Katsuki. Something within him willed him to do it, and part of him believed it was because of how Kats grabbed his hand last night. He figured maybe...just maybe.. maybe that's why he was staring earlier? He took Kat's good hand into his own gently, his hand warm and inviting.

He sat quietly a moment, gathering his thoughts and his nerves, humming the tune a little to get a grasp on the pitch and whatnot. He turned his head back to stare up at the wooden frame above them from the canopy bed. He swallowed, cheeks darkening, but thankfully it was dark in the room beside the gentle light of the moon seeping from the balcony doors.

Then he took a breath and simply started singing once he figured the prince was settled,

"Little child, be not afraid
Though rain pounds harshly against the glass
Like an unwanted stranger
There is no danger
I am here tonight

Little child, be not afraid
Though thunder explodes and lightning flash
Illuminates your tear-stained face
I am here tonight
And someday you'll know
That nature is so
The same rain that draws you near me
Falls on rivers and land
On forests and sand
Makes the beautiful world that you'll see
In the morning
Though storm clouds mask your beloved moon
And its candlelight beams
Still keep pleasant dreams
I am here tonight
Though wind makes creatures of our trees
And their branches to hands
They're not real, understand
And I am here tonight
And someday you'll know
That nature is so
Falls on rivers and land
On forests and sand
In the morning
For you know
Once even I was a little child
And I was afraid
But a gentle someone always came
To dry all my tears
Trade sweet sleep for fears
And to give a kiss goodnight
Well now I am grown
And these years have shown
That rain's a part of how life goes
But it's dark and it's late
So I'll hold you and wait
'Til your frightened eyes do close
And I hope that you'll know
That nature is so
Falls on rivers and land
On forests and sand
In the morning
Everything's fine in the morning
The rain'll be gone in the morning
But I'll still be here in the morning.."

Once he finished, his eyelids drooped a little and he gave a yawn. The melody of the song worked really well on him. He felt drowsy just singing it, and by the end of it, his voice had grown a bit quiet with drowsiness. He sighed heavily through his nose, trying to keep his eyes open as he slowly turned his head towards the prince to stare at him and see if he was asleep. But his body won the battle once he got a good glimpse of the other. His eyelids grew heavy with sleep, and he succumbs to his own exhaustion, rolling onto his side to face Katsuki. He curled up on himself, tucking into his own warm body comfortably. His hand remained in Katsuki's, his grasp loosening slightly as he dozed off into a dreamless and light sleep.

It was when Ei took his hand, that his whole world stopped and started again. He'd settled against the pillows and had started to just stare off listlessly, head filled with so many thoughts and then that same static, when Kiri had reached out. The Knight's grip on his hand was gentle and loose and he couldn't help when he stared a little as he processed the situation and then immediately tightened his grip in response. He felt his cheeks heating up once again and turned onto his side so that he could bury his face. Fuck, was he really that easy to read? But still, he was a little grateful. Now he wouldn't have to try and say something or feign sleepiness as his reason why.

He sighed through his nose as Ei started to sing, the easy melody quickly making him more relaxed. His head was still a little foggy from the calming scent earlier, not that he knew what that was, and Ei's simple presence combined by the heat of his body across from him and the weight of his hand, and the singing-

He wasn't gonna be able to fight the sleep for very long, that's for sure. He actually doesn't know exactly when he passed out, but he does know that before doing so, he wiggled a little closer. Inch by inch, closer until he could properly feel the heat radiating off of Kirishima's body. And then he sighed through his nose and rest his cheek atop their clasped hands, closing his eyes and being swept away by his Knight's voice. It was easy too, especially with the nature of the song he was singing. The other's melody seemed to just have some sort of power over him.

Next thing he knew, he was conked the fuck out. His face relaxed enough that there were no lines or tense muscles and his lips parted. And shortly after, he turned his face so that his nose was buried into the back of Eijiro's hand and that's when he fully relaxed. Like that's what finally made him feel completely secure. Subconsciously, he was aware of the pulse there, the warmth, the life. It made it possible for him to let his guard down, just a little. He knew someone else was there, watching his back.

If anyone were to tell Katsuki that he was a cuddler, he'd laugh in their face. But once the hours rolled by and he drew deeper into an exhausted and cried-out sleep, he just kept inching forward to be closer to that heat that always seemed too far away. Closer until he was gripping Ei's hand in both of his own, held tightly to his chest, and his face was once more stuffed in the crook of Eijiro's neck. One leg had come out to drape over one of the Knight's, but that was where the contact ended. He stayed like that for what could have been the rest of the night if-

A strange noise sounded at the balcony doors. Not something that immediately woke Katsuki, and only because he was in Ei's presence and he was calmed and he had so thoroughly burnt himself out earlier. But it was a noise that would disturb any sensitive-eared dragon. Footsteps...breathing. Something being knocked over, caught, then neatly placed again like they were trying not to make any noise. A barely there curse.

And then Shinso was swinging open the balcony doors and leaning against them with one foot propped up and his arms crossed, staring them down, looking worse for wear. "Oh, look at this," He spoke low, but he knew the dragon would have been disturbed by now. "You two are real cute, aren't you."

Kats didn't wake for any of this, a surprising and slightly concerning thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back