News Details about the Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nobody answered my question about the different likes thing. I'll ask again. Are the old ones coming back? Like the Hype cookies, great scenes, emotional post, etc. ratings?

I had a few more questions pop into my head. 

Firstly, there is one good thing I have learned with this forum over xenoforo. Drafts are saved so much more often. I've never started writing something and then lost it. It is always here even if I log out and come back and in some cases, it still stays in the typing box even after I've posted it (odd, but better than losing it). Is xenoforo supposed to be as good at saving drafts? I remember when we were in it before, things got lost more often than they do here. 

Also, is there a way to make it so that when you edit in a tag on xenoforo, it sends a notification? On the old site, editing in a tag after posting did nothing. Here, if I edit in a tag late, a notification is still sent. 

I had also asked about pinned threads and whether or not HP creators would be able to determine the order of their pinned threads or not. We could before we switched to IPS. 

I asked these a few days ago and haven't gotten any answers yet. I'm just reasking in case they got missed in all the other questions. @The Dark Wizard @Kaerri

I had also asked about pinned threads and whether or not HP creators would be able to determine the order of their pinned threads or not. We could before we switched to IPS. 

I asked these a few days ago and haven't gotten any answers yet. I'm just reasking in case they got missed in all the other questions. @The Dark Wizard @Kaerri

Not sure about the order thread thing, may have been an addon.

Not sure about the order thread thing, may have been an addon.

Ok. 

I also had two other questions in that post. One was whether or not draft saving on xenoforo would be as good as it is here in IPS (honestly, here it's been phenomenal for me) and I also asked whether or not there was a way in xenoforo to set it up so that tags when edited in would still send notifications. Here when I edit in a tag, it sends a notification whereas before, on xenoforo, it did not. 

Ok. 

I also had two other questions in that post. One was whether or not draft saving on xenoforo would be as good as it is here in IPS (honestly, here it's been phenomenal for me) and I also asked whether or not there was a way in xenoforo to set it up so that tags when edited in would still send notifications. Here when I edit in a tag, it sends a notification whereas before, on xenoforo, it did not. 

@The Dark Wizard is testing what he can, but some things we just don't have an answer with a complete certainty.  Some questions might not have answers until the switch or just haven't been tested yet.

It's probably safe to assume that the draft saving feature will be the same as it was before the switch to IPS.  This could also be assumed with your question regarding tags as we are going back to xenForo, that you state did not send a notification when a tag was edited when the site first re-opens after the transfer.

The mighty Dark Wizard can always look into addons for improving these features, however that doesn't mean these addons exist, and if they do, are currently supported and/or will be supported when 2.0 xF arrives.  The addons are a major reason the site was switched to IPS in the first place, so learning from that issue he is trying to ensure that the addons that are implemented are going to have the developer not drop the project and will be updated for 2.0.

Will gifs still work in CS's and introductions in roleplays and not in profiles? Or gifs won't work on this site period?

Will gifs still work in CS's and introductions in roleplays and not in profiles? Or gifs won't work on this site period?

In all likelihood gifs will continue to function. I'm not Staff, but I'd be very surprised if they implemented something that kept gifs from animating. That would be difficult and unlikely.

In all likelihood gifs will continue to function. I'm not Staff, but I'd be very surprised if they implemented something that kept gifs from animating. That would be difficult and unlikely.

Gifs in posts had always been fine.

Question! If it Was answered already and I missed it, I'm sorry.

if you type up a post on, say, your laptop, it gets saved there in case something happens to the internet or whatever so you don't lose your post. Before some time ago, this worked cross platform as well. Will this return? its quite convenient if I can type up the largest part of a post on for example my computer, and then add the last lines/post it on the go on another platform instead of having to wait X hours until i have access to the initial platform again.

Question! If it Was answered already and I missed it, I'm sorry.

if you type up a post on, say, your laptop, it gets saved there in case something happens to the internet or whatever so you don't lose your post. Before some time ago, this worked cross platform as well. Will this return? its quite convenient if I can type up the largest part of a post on for example my computer, and then add the last lines/post it on the go on another platform instead of having to wait X hours until i have access to the initial platform again.

Saved drafts have always been kind of unreliable. :/   We're hoping to get them working properly, but at this time I'm not sure that they will be right after the transfer.

Sometime before the 19th all inactive HPs should be archived.

Sorry if someone has already asked (or explained) this and I'm doing it again, but will the inactive HPs return to us intact after the switch? My hosted project just when into the site archive and frankly I'm worried about it. 

Sorry if someone has already asked (or explained) this and I'm doing it again, but will the inactive HPs return to us intact after the switch? My hosted project just when into the site archive and frankly I'm worried about it. 

If your HP was active (in the RP/IC area) you can send in a support thread to have it re-instated as an HP (if it was using more than one thread).  Any HPs archived are being done so due to inactivity, but errors can happen and some active ones can get mixed in since we are doing this archiving manually.

Inactive and archived HPs will stay archived even after the transfer.  We are trying to reduce the HPs down to only the active for the time of the transfer since they take up a ton of resources and many (about only 1% in the larger HP categories were actually being used and active).

Last edited by a moderator:
I know im always asking about mobile options and it's probably really annoying at this point!! But I was wondering if there would ever be something like tappa talk or pushbullet again. Those were incredibly helpful for mobile users like me! And that's something I really miss. Especially tappa talk!

I know im always asking about mobile options and it's probably really annoying at this point!! But I was wondering if there would ever be something like tappa talk or pushbullet again. Those were incredibly helpful for mobile users like me! And that's something I really miss. Especially tappa talk!

They have an app ready to go. At the moment, we are just waiting for The Dark Wizard to save up for an Apple computer so that he can upload it for Apple users. They want to release the version for apple and android at the same time and he needs an apple computer (Macbook I think) in order to do that. 

They have an app ready to go. At the moment, we are just waiting for The Dark Wizard to save up for an Apple computer so that he can upload it for Apple users. They want to release the version for apple and android at the same time and he needs an apple computer (Macbook I think) in order to do that. 

This.

If I do a thing prior to the update which would send notifications, and the people who would receive the notifications aren't there by the time the site updates, will they still receive my notifs when the site comes back up?

If I do a thing prior to the update which would send notifications, and the people who would receive the notifications aren't there by the time the site updates, will they still receive my notifs when the site comes back up?

Probably not. 

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back