News Details about the Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quick question. Will all the old BBCode 'commands' be in the update, or will some of them be removed?

From what I've seen of Wiz's screenshots and posts in these update threads, most of the BBCode will be coming back. I'm not entirely sure about accordions, columns, or centerblock BBCode though - some of those miiiight have come from addons that may not be supported right away.

Will hosted project owners be able to request unique prefixes? If so, I think I could remove a few extra forums from Aegis and streamline it a bit, so that the Staff won't need to make me so many damn subforums.

Will HP creators be able to determine the order that sticky / pinned threads appear in? It's one of the things we could do when we were in xenoforo before and I've quite missed that ability. 

Back before the previous update, I recall that we had to send in a request every time we wanted a new tab in an RP thread. Are we going to start having to put in requests for creating new subforums/threads in HPs post update?

Back before the previous update, I recall that we had to send in a request every time we wanted a new tab in an RP thread. Are we going to start having to put in requests for creating new subforums/threads in HPs post update?

It's a possibility.  We're evaluating how HPs are going to work depending on available server resources.  Right now, we have a lot of inactive ones (those are being archived) and ones that really don't need to be using those resources, so we're trying for a process that balances access with resources.  When we have a final decision, we'll let you all know what it is.

It's a possibility.  We're evaluating how HPs are going to work depending on available server resources.  Right now, we have a lot of inactive ones (those are being archived) and ones that really don't need to be using those resources, so we're trying for a process that balances access with resources.  When we have a final decision, we'll let you all know what it is.

Would we really ever have to get a staff member to add a thread for us, though? Even in the old system before moving to IPS, we could make threads ourselves in HPs if we had them. That was in the question and I'm slightly concerned now. 

Would we really ever have to get a staff member to add a thread for us, though? Even in the old system before moving to IPS, we could make threads ourselves in HPs if we had them. That was in the question and I'm slightly concerned now. 

Oh.  Whoops.  No, threads should be fine.  Actually, if we go with the addon we're looking at, subforums may be fine too, I don't quite remember.  Sorry for misunderstanding!

Sorry for a bothersome question - but will any private messages be deleted? I know followers will be lost, but I know a lot of us RPN members RP in PMs. Will any of those be lost? 

Sorry for a bothersome question - but will any private messages be deleted? I know followers will be lost, but I know a lot of us RPN members RP in PMs. Will any of those be lost? 

No content will be lost (asides from blogs) , which includes PMs. It's been said several times throughout the thread. 

Last edited by a moderator:
So, you mentioned that the themes will be staying and I've heard that they will be tweaked a little, but I had one other question about them.

I used Color Me for a while and really liked it, even though it went back to the red/blue on my phone and didn't have an option to change it, but then it suddenly stopped keeping my theme at all, even on my computer where it previously worked. I tried clearing my cookies and stuff like people suggested, but it didn't work and I eventually switched over to Night Life. The customised themes do work on both my phone and computer now (and the option to change them), so I assumed that it was just a bug with that particular theme.

So, my question was, did the cause of that bug ever get found, and should it be working again with the new update?

So, you mentioned that the themes will be staying and I've heard that they will be tweaked a little, but I had one other question about them.

I used Color Me for a while and really liked it, even though it went back to the red/blue on my phone and didn't have an option to change it, but then it suddenly stopped keeping my theme at all, even on my computer where it previously worked. I tried clearing my cookies and stuff like people suggested, but it didn't work and I eventually switched over to Night Life. The customised themes do work on both my phone and computer now (and the option to change them), so I assumed that it was just a bug with that particular theme.

So, my question was, did the cause of that bug ever get found, and should it be working again with the new update?

Bugs - especially inconsistent ones - are difficult.  The themes we are going to be using are on a completely different software, so these bugs currently caused by the current software should be resolved.

Bugs - especially inconsistent ones - are difficult.  The themes we are going to be using are on a completely different software, so these bugs currently caused by the current software should be resolved.

Alright, cool! Thanks for the answer! (:

@The Dark Wizard So does that mean there won't be cover images for the top of the HP?  If not, can we at least put them in the introduction area??

There won't be any cover images after the update. I think the intruduction area may also be removed, but don't quote me on that.

I think you heard both of those from me.  I'm pretty sure everything that isn't in a post will get lost in the transfer (no posts will be lost, though), but I haven't checked with @The Dark Wizard on that recently.  That probably includes what I think you're calling the introduction area (I think of it as an overview, because of the overview page we used to have with the tab system).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back